• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

Just played 5 matches on turning point to see what all of the complaining was about.

All i can say is if you are dying to the pulse canon and the homing shot repatedly then you are just not very good.

The homing shot is brain dead simple to dodge and the pulse canon is only good against morons that stand around out in the open.

The only op weapon is the dl44 and it is only barely so. Hell i just went 33 and 12 with an e11.

The number one mistake i see everyone doing is running out in the open and making themselves easy targets.

Use cover, play slower and succeed. Also, its a battlefeild game, expect to die a lot.

Edit: btw scan pulse is the best card in the game. Use it.

Could not agree more with this post

iBlue

When I was playing Heroes vs Villains in some rounds I couldn't use any of the cards.. Basically just my main gun. Also sometimes when I am aiming with the pulse cannon it doesn't hit where it's supposed to hit.. I have been killed thanks to this bs.

Dice fix this I am currently lv 32 and I wanna reach 50.

jeemer

what are all these people doing who are still complaining about homing shot? are you standing still out in the open? it's a waste of a slot imo, i'm glad when people use it.

Hikami

When I was playing Heroes vs Villains in some rounds I couldn't use any of the cards.. Basically just my main gun. Also sometimes when I am aiming with the pulse cannon it doesn't hit where it's supposed to hit.. I have been killed thanks to this bs.

Dice fix this I am currently lv 32 and I wanna reach 50.

Don't un-zoom the pulse cannon until after the projectile hits. If you do it the moment you fire, you'll miss.

How often does Dice/EA do patches anyway?
I'm at rank 48 at the moment and will be pretty much done with the game once I hit 50, until they fix all the problems.

Don't un-zoom the pulse cannon until after the projectile hits. If you do it the moment you fire, you'll miss.

How often does Dice/EA do patches anyway?
I'm at rank 48 at the moment and will be pretty much done with the game once I hit 50, until they fix all the problems.

Usually when DLC hits, and boy, it tends to be massive in changes.

Anything else is when there's an emergency fix needed to be made.

Usually when DLC hits, and boy, it tends to be massive in changes.

Anything else is when there's an emergency fix needed to be made.

Yep. they changed the game from perfectly functional to not working. The funny thing? The EA guys refused to accept responsibility saying it was my "connection" - even though the game worked flawlessly and i had no lag for the entire week before the patch didnt work.

Also, why would a game refuse to load at ALL if i had connection issues? and why can i see full lobbies?

Absolute arsehats - i bought BF4 and Season pass, i bought Battlefront and Season pass. Lesson learned i guess.

Dr Prob

Banned
We've been through this Homing Shot thing a few times now. A person can understand how to avoid it yet still think that in a game filled with as much spam as this, it's a bit much to include an anti-infantry stinger. As to the "if they didn't shoot at you with that, they'd have shot at you with some other weapon!" argument, I'd prefer the other weapon, because they'd probably have to aim it at least a bit. Harassing/denying movement through open spaces/important lanes by actively engaging seems like a different thing to me than just poking your head up and looking at an area, but who gives a shit. Different people will have the same argument two pages from now.

Latest guy who doesn't give a fuck (cracked me right in the head!):

https://youtu.be/2k80rYkhMI0

HAL-x9000

Someone else who just plays one mode exclusively? I tried a few modes but now I play dropzone all day long. And I cannot recommend the SE-14C enough for this! Don´t understand all the DL-44 love/hate :)

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
We've been through this Homing Shot thing a few times now. A person can understand how to avoid it yet still think that in a game filled with as much spam as this, it's a bit much to include an anti-infantry stinger. As to the "if they didn't shoot at you with that, they'd have shot at you with some other weapon!" argument, I'd prefer the other weapon, because they'd probably have to aim it at least a bit. Harassing/denying movement through open spaces/important lanes by actively engaging seems like a different thing to me than just poking your head up and looking at an area, but who gives a shit. Different people will have the same argument two pages from now.

Latest guy who doesn't give a fuck (cracked me right in the head!):

https://youtu.be/2k80rYkhMI0

I think it's smart play from the last guy. He would have died anyway, so he trowed a grenade so he also kills you.

Kingsora

Other cards outside of homing actually require you to physically aim or at least get in to range with. Homing at least gives the opponent a chance to avoid it. The pulse cannon is a free kill card. Why not just make every gun auto lock and kill then? What a bizarre thing to defend.

Have you actually used the pulse cannon? It doesn't have auto aim and is actually not so easy to make kills with it when people are moving...

It's weird that Dice's response to Rebels winning pretty much all the time, is to remove TIE spawns from tier 3. But aside from the balancing issues for the Empire, it also took out the rush & fun of dodging enemy pilots and hoping you would be able to get at least one down, or sometimes even clutch two. The latter however was a rarity and a good job by the Rebel pilot.

Now pretty much every game (if we haven't lost walkers in earlier tiers already) is mopped up by the Rebels in tier 3. AT-STs as anti-air simply isn't effective if Rebels still have air superiority (through X-wings and A-wings still being up in the sky due to their heavy advantages over their TIE counterparts) as those vehicles will shred AT-STs before they get to a proper position. AT-STs also are way too weak, and are generally destroyed insanely fast by any competent team even if they only have ground units (vehicle turrets, rocket powerups, ion torpedos etc.).
Pretty much every game I am standing at the AT-ATs in a futile and last ditch attempt to use my goddamn blaster to shoot at the airspeeders in the hope that it screws up their minigame. But it's hopeless as there are multiple of them and if you get shot once, then the Walker is probably down before you respawn.

I have solely been playing Walker Assault since launch and still having a blast. But these changes made it less fun for both sides, making it even harder on Imperials and a lot easier for Rebels which takes away any sort of satisfaction from actually pulling out a clutch win at tier 3

Cross-posting this from a post I made somewhere else. I think these latest changes have made it less fun for both sides actually.

Is this about the changes made in the last patch or changes made from the beta?

Last patch. But it does extend to the beta somewhat, Rebel victories felt really satisfactory back then but I can understand the need for balance in the release game. However, the last patch just made things a lot worse for the Empire. If I get on a great team as Rebels, we can down an AT-AT at the first uplinks, hell we even managed to almost down both of them at the first set on Tatooine.

It generally used to be:
- Endor for Rebels
- Sullust for Empire (highly dependent on tier 2)
- Hoth for Empire
- Tatooine 50/50

But due to the removal of TIEs on tier 3 or swapping them around, tier 2 and tier 3 became a lot more difficult as Rebels more easily have air superiority and then there's the tier 3 airspeeder debacle. Pretty much every game I am trying to throw them off, but it's way too much. Having TIEs at tier 3 balanced it out, because it forced airspeeders to properly pilot around and then sneak in for a towcable attempt (and most of the time I was succesful at that, but I have seen plenty of others fail, so it makes rewarding. There's nothing better than seeing a TIE smashing into the AT-AT that you just evaded using the Airspeeders maneuverability). Now it's just an endless airspeeder train waiting to have a go at the walkers.

Hikami

But due to the removal of TIEs on tier 3 or swapping them around, tier 2 and tier 3 became a lot more difficult as Rebels more easily have air superiority and then there's the tier 3 airspeeder debacle. Pretty much every game I am trying to throw them off, but it's way too much. Having TIEs at tier 3 balanced it out, because it forced airspeeders to properly pilot around and then sneak in for a towcable attempt (and most of the time I was succesful at that, but I have seen plenty of others fail, so it makes rewarding. There's nothing better than seeing a TIE smashing into the AT-AT that you just evaded using the Airspeeders maneuverability). Now it's just an endless airspeeder train waiting to have a go at the walkers.
Ah yeah, this is why I was asking. There weren't any tie spawns in tier 3 even before the last patch so it's not a new thing. Don't remember if it was like that in the beta. You can have ties in tier 3 sometimes if they survive from tier 2 though.

It's really annoying when you're doing so well in a Walker Assault match as the imperials and at the very end the air speeders just turn on their lock-on jammer and attach their tow cables to the walkers. Then there's me desperately trying to shoot them down and cursing at my team mates for not doing anything..

Ah yeah, this is why I was asking. There weren't any tie spawns in tier 3 even before the last patch so it's not a new thing. Don't remember if it was like that in the beta. You can have ties in tier 3 sometimes if they survive from tier 2 though.

It's really annoying when you're doing so well in a Walker Assault match as the imperials and at the very end the air speeders just turn on their lock-on jammer and attach their tow cables to the walkers. Then there's me desperately trying to shoot them down and cursing at my team mates for not doing anything..

I am pretty sure that Hoth and Sullust both had Interceptors available up until the moment the Y-wings come in (they seemed to despawn after).

Dr Prob

Banned
I think it's smart play from the last guy. He would have died anyway, so he trowed a grenade so he also kills you.

Seemed like he could have just thrown it from a distance instead of running up and jamming it into my head, killing us both; but I'm not even mad and will gladly take the lols wherever they come. tbh, I wish the game had more fun stuff going on. Sometimes it feels like it's so busy being tightly structured and easily readable for a broad player/potential customer base that it ends up not really being all that fun for anyone at all.

Crackbone

There's definitely some broken crap still to be fixed but generally I've found these latest changes have actually done quite a bit to lessen the amount of bullshit going on.

I've had some of the most balanced games after this latest update. Additionally since most of the offensive star cards (grenades in particular) have been toned down, taking more strategic cards such as smoke and flash grenade make quite of sense.

tanuki

I really like Turning Point and the Battle of Jakku map, but all the other modes being completely dead with the Jakku map enabled has totally turned me off getting the season pack or any of the map packs.

So, what's everyone general opinion about this game now that it's been out for a couple weeks?

I played the beta. I was having a blast and thought the world of it until about an hour or two in. Then it got bland and frustrating. Ended up canceling my pre-order. Told myself to wait and see once the full game was out.

So, did much change from the beta? I'm not expecting anything similar to Battlefield. My interest remains and seems like it might be a good game to play in 45-60 minute bursts on occasion.

Crackbone

I really like Turning Point and the Battle of Jakku map, but all the other modes being completely dead with the Jakku map enabled has totally turned me off getting the season pack or any of the map packs.

I honestly haven't run into this at all on Ps4. Just played 6 games of supremacy straight with endor, jakku and Hoth.

sagat2036

Played a lot of drop zone yesterday and with the nerf to explosive shot (grenades too) you cant burn down personal shield captures. Before you could kill a shielded capper with any weapon and explosive shot before they claimed.

This resulted in a match, on tatooine, that came down to 4 to 4 stalemate with the timer at zero and last pod being constantly barraged with personal shield runners. Which concluded with 50 plus kills on both sides.

I feel the only way to counter this is the gawd awful melee and it isnt fun. With the bowcaster you gotta full charge and shoot at their feet. Cycler rifle travels way to slow. Non critical hits with these leave target alive and still shielded so you gotta run up and melee.

People running bodyguard and personal shield need a counter.

OmegaFax

This is a problem I've been experiencing right now on PS4. The game can't gather up enough players with Jakku enabled for any maps/modes ... whereas if I turn it off, I'm okay.

Edit: Either way, even during peak hours, I still haven't been able to try Blast or Supremacy yet on the new map. Hopefully, it'll pick up this weekend or into next week when it's released to everyone else.

Kingsora

For all the complainers about the DL-44, I just played a couple of hours with the SEC-14. The last is just a better weapon as the DL-44. Especially with the explosive shot it is incredible.

So no the DL-44 isn't OP at all.

OmegaFax

For all the complainers about the DL-44, I just played a couple of hours with the SEC-14. The last is just a better weapon as the DL-44. Especially with the explosive shot it is incredible.

It's still a great close range weapon for Blast, Cargo, and whatever else uses a smaller map but you do have to switch it up if you want to play on Jakku in that new mode because the DL-44's range sucks. Personally, I've been falling back to the E-11 or EE-3 because of their range/damage. E-11's most versatile but the EE-3 has proven handy in close to mid range.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone playing this on PC with a i3 and sub $200 VC?

I'm playing this on a laptop with a 2.6 ghz i7, 8 gigs of ram and a GT 750m which has 2 gigs of vram.

I play with all settings on high with only FXAA low and most of the post processing effects off. I get about 30-35 fps at 1366x768 at all times. So if it will run on my toaster it should run on yours but you're gonna have to fiddle with it I figure, more than likely run it at sub 1080p res to get consistent fps.

Klyka

Banned

The DL-44 doesn't need to use a star card charge to enable it's full potential.

Don't get me wrong,I absolutely adore my SEC-14 but the DL-44 can literally one shot or two shot you crazy fast without having to use a star card at all.
I posted this video yesterday and yeah,the SEC-14 is great,but I would have gotten more kills at the end there with the DL-44.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0if1Z-iSI

I had no issues getting PS4 matches last night on Jakku with Supremacy, Turning Point and Walker Assault and only a slight delay with Fighter Squadron.

And for those that complained that Jakku was basically Tatooine need to really play both levels. They are COMPLETELY different. Only the sand is similar, and I was really enjoying the openness of Jakku. The DL-44 is NOT the gun to use on that map as I was consistently gunned down way before I could get in range from the T-21.

Also, smoke grenades were really useful in Turning Point. I'm glad that I need to now really rethink my hands for each game type and map.

Things that still need tweaking:

• A-Wings need a nerf. I was able to clear the skies and then take out BOTH AT-ATs on the final checkpoint on Jakku. Granted, one was near death, but the other was pretty healthy. Meanwhile, I think AT-STs are too weak.
  • Falcon vs. Slave 1 needs rebalancing.
  • Grenades I've thrown should not vanish if I die immediately afterwards.
  • Fighter Squadron needs more points to win—matches rarely last over 4 minutes.
  • Helmetless Stormtroopers should be removed and replaced with Imperial Officer skins.

Other than all that... I'm still loving this game even though I am wretched at anything other than flying.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Another card being pretty silly in conjunction with a star card doesn't mean the DL-44 isn't OP. If anything that shows HOW ridiculous the weapon is since it's comparable standalone.

While people run around with explosive shot, I scan pulse and strafe to headshot them before they can get a retaliation off. It's not a snappick on any map but for small game modes or indoor defense I go on massive killstreaks with it constantly with zero effort.

DrKelpo

Banned

eu gaf here... except of maybe 2-3 instances i never waited longer for any full server than a few seconds... no matter what mode. ps4

Tobe

yep this game is dead on pc on the south american region impossible to find games. anybody else having the same issues?

moai

yep this game is dead on pc on the south american region impossible to find games. anybody else having the same issues?

x1 has many dead modes and during specific time slots even WA takes many minutes to find a full server. Can someone on psn in south america share their experience?

Machina

Banned
I haven't been able to find a game in Supremacy since the new patch. Not one. I can find Walker games easily along with the smaller ones but Supremacy, nothing

x1 has many dead modes and during specific time slots even WA takes many minutes to find a full server. Can someone on psn in south america share their experience?

Some of that might be just normal disuse--I predicted it before the release. Same issue as Battlefield games: too many modes. It eventually becomes a perpetual cycle. Because people want to get into matches quickly, the most popular modes are played, so the least popular modes are neglected and matchmaking for them is shitty.

sagat2036

from reddit

fNLeQfT.gif

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Yeah I never understood people complaining about either. I rarely, if ever, die from either in all modes. I also always play with a Jump Pack equipped and if I need to travel across an open area I Jump Pack from cover to cover. The only times I die from Pulse Cannon is when I'm not paying attention and stay at a corner for too long and I can't remember the last time I died from Homing Shot. With the Jump Pack equipped and if you are without cover you just need to hear the missile and when it gets close just Jump Pack and while it will do damage to you it won't kill unless it is a direct hit.

I'm sorry to say to people but if a guy has enough time to Homing Shot you in an open area he could have killed you with a blaster.

I shit you not, I just ran forward and dodged an oncoming homing shot....lol. It doesn't track a moving target well unless it is coming right at you.

I agree 100 percent with your last sentence. If someone is close to you and you don't kill them first you are dead, doesn't matter what weapon they have. If you stand out in the open at all, your dead. If you camp in a window, your dead. Thats just how battlefield games are. Which is why scan pulse is so great. It turns you into an all knowing jedi. I killed five camping dudes in row because I used scan pulse to get behind them :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom