• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So something about the pulse cannon? Massive spike in popularity today and I have been getting cross-mapped by people who normally have shitty aim. Some kind of auto lock on?

Either said people have gotten better, or figured out the full charge and shoot it in third person as soon as you put your crosshairs over someone.

It seems to perform better in third than first or zoom.

nillah

Banned
There's an art to getting a homing shot off in a few seconds before the inevitable death.

Has anyone tried playing Battlefront with the Steam remote? Asking because I just figured out the touch pad on the DS4 has more used than just checking the scoreboard

MADGAME

So something about the pulse cannon? Massive spike in popularity today and I have been getting cross-mapped by people who normally have shitty aim. Some kind of auto lock on?
More people using it post-patch? Best replacement for Barrage Obama after the nerf

Just read the patch notes, lol if this is indicative of how Dice goes about balance, then damn.. we are screwed.

Imperials already had it hard, and instead of fixing the A-wing hitbox (which is a very egregious issue) they gimp the Imperials even harder and make it less fun to be one by:
- Removing an AT-AT power-up from Hoth, one of the iconic places to actually be in one!
- Swap TIE-fighter spawns
- Not touch the A-wings at phase 1 of Tatooine, which meant that no Imperial grabbed a fighter in that segment.

Lol.

5taquitos

Just read the patch notes, lol if this is indicative of how Dice goes about balance, then damn.. we are screwed.

Imperials already had it hard, and instead of fixing the A-wing hitbox (which is a very egregious issue) they gimp the Imperials even harder and make it less fun to be one by:
- Removing an AT-AT power-up from Hoth, one of the iconic places to actually be in one!
- Not touch the A-wings at phase 1 of Tatooine, which meant that no Imperial grabbed a fighter in that segment.

Lol.

Yeah, that AT-AT control power-up in the last Hoth phase was my favorite, felt just like the movie.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Lol.

I wonder if they listen to their own EA forums that have 50 active users at a time, versus other more core places. Then again, patches are usually done way in advance, so hopefully that was just a prelaunch error that needs to be reverted in the next one.

Yeah, that AT-AT control power-up in the last Hoth phase was my favorite, felt just like the movie.

and unfair as fu**! Rebels are served on a silver platter in the last hoth phase. It`s an open field and all imperials use AT-STs , Snipers , homing missiles you name it! removing an AT-AT spawn was the right move.

It`s a joke looking at the scoreboard with imperials going for the 60 Kills 5 deaths mark on hoth ... they will probably still lose that round but people playing for K/D dont care .

border

Playing Heroes vs. Villains the other night, and it was impossible to use Star Cards if you spawned as a grunt. Is this a known issue, or were we just randomly getting screwed?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
and unfair as fu**! Rebels are served on a silver platter in the last hoth phase. It`s an open field and all imperials use AT-STs , Snipers , homing missiles you name it! removing an AT-AT spawn was the right move.

It`s a joke looking at the scoreboard with imperials going for the 60 Kills 5 deaths mark on hoth ... they will probably still lose that round but people playing for K/D dont care .

The mode is not about K/D and thus it should be removed from the stats, IMO. It is about winning or losing, and that should not be hindered based on K/D ratios.

As if AT-STs are not tin foil.

I have yet to see a WA where it is has been evenly split since launch. It has been heavily Rebel sided with victories, to the point I do not even jump in the mode anymore. Very, very rarely are there close games, or Imperial wins on a consistent basis in comparison.

Case in point, the Rebel team that won, gets put on the Imperial side on the same map, still gets their asses handed to them, and they... lose.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Seems to be three different groups of players in this game IMHO.

1. BF Vets who understand the strategy in the game type and want to win the map
2. FPS guys/gals who love their K/D ratio
3. Star Wars guys/gals who just want to have fun in that universe

Some folks are a mix of others, some all three.

There are times where folks just run pass the uplinks without even activating them :) or in supremacy we start losing the defend point and I'm like the only one running back to get it back.

I have had game sessions where I had the top objective score or defend score over and over again and I wasn't even trying.

Love the game though, sometimes the above can get frustrating but the late night "one more game and I will go to bed" turns into like 6 more games

Wish they'd improved the spawn point instead of taking that away.

I dont see how you could improve that last phase on Hoth without taking away the ATAT pickup.

The trenches arent that deep. You dont have much hills to hide. etc

Its IMO good how it is now. But to compensate that removal, i would give the ATATs a bit more health.

I dont see how you could improve that last phase on Hoth without taking away the ATAT pickup.

The trenches arent that deep. You dont have much hills to hide. etc

Its IMO good how it is now. But to compensate that removal, i would give the ATATs a bit more health.

Back in the day with BC2, they would add obstacles to prevent spawn kills. Don't know why they couldn't provide more cover via a bunch of crates, snow mound, etc.

KodaRuss

Seems to be three different groups of players in this game IMHO.

1. BF Vets who understand the strategy in the game type and want to win the map
2. FPS guys/gals who love their K/D ratio
3. Star Wars guys/gals who just want to have fun in that universe

Some folks are a mix of others, some all three.

There are times where folks just run pass the uplinks without even activating them :) or in supremacy we start losing the defend point and I'm like the only one running back to get it back.

I have had game sessions where I had the top objective score or defend score over and over again and I wasn't even trying.

Love the game though, sometimes the above can get frustrating but the late night "one more game and I will go to bed" turns into like 6 more games

The K/D people really piss me off. Running past objectives or standing 10 feet out of a capture zone trying to snipe or whatever.

Plasmid

So im playing on PC and can't find matches with anyone (searched multiple modes all went to 0% games) except turning point. Anyone else having similar results?

So im playing on PC and can't find matches with anyone (searched multiple modes all went to 0% games) except turning point. Anyone else having similar results?

You're searching with Jakku on. Everyone gave up on trying to join anything but the specific Jakku mode soon after it was released. Turn off Jakku for now, and you should find games just fine.

Jakku comes out for everyone tomorrow, so it won't be an issue for much longer. Until the first DLC drops anyway HA Ha ha ha....

*cries*

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Turning Point in Jakku has a dune for the imps and that crashed ship for the rebels, one of the reasons I like it, I still get spawn killed by a damn sniper that stays way back tho but not as often.

Would love it if these online game shad penalties, like if you are at a certain distance spawn sniping, it is an insta-suicide for you, lol.

Izayoi

Banned
Would love it if these online game shad penalties, like if you are at a certain distance spawn sniping, it is an insta-suicide for you, lol.
Some do... a lot of Battlefield servers punish players with a death for breaking server rules, including uncap/base camping.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The fact that a player in the Millennium Falcon can still put its shield up and just ram Slave 1 and come away unscathed still infuriates me.

5taquitos

Eh. I disagree with the decision. They should just alter the spawn points. I'm to understand they already tried that? Idk... definitely takes away from the authenticity of the experience.

For sure, I mean this shit is iconic

tumblr_myulqp8MPg1r93xiko1_500.gif

Just fix the spawns but let me live those moments.

MDave

Spawning as the Imperials 200 meters away on the second phase of Endor walker assault (and in some instances this happens on other maps too) is a real pain in the ass. A few minutes of running with no action, and by the time you get there the uplinks are well defended and half way done.

Battle Pope

Neo Member
For sure, I mean this shit is iconic

tumblr_myulqp8MPg1r93xiko1_500.gif

Just fix the spawns but let me live those moments.

Could you imagine the last stage of WA triggering a short evacuation segment where the Imps have to occupy a small number of cap points while the rebels have to flee to an evacuation area?

Sure the game would be on overall victory for the Empire but that last dash to make the final transport out with your last life....

Could you imagine the last stage of WA triggering a short evacuation segment where the Imps have to occupy a small number of cap points while the rebels have to flee to an evacuation area?

Sure the game would be on overall victory for the Empire but that last dash to make the final transport out with your last life....

Ya would be cool if they added a retreat phase similar to Titanfall where you have to try and make it to the transport before you die or it gets blown up.

Spawning as the Imperials 200 meters away on the second phase of Endor walker assault (and in some instances this happens on other maps too) is a real pain in the ass. A few minutes of running with no action, and by the time you get there the uplinks are well defended and half way done.

Yep spawning in general needs a lot of love.

Why cant I get a notification that my buddy is being shot at before I spawn on him? They did that with BF4, why not here?

Also, why cant I spawn on a buddy when hes taking a control point? So basically the game will let you spawn on your friend when it hurts your team (under fire, standing in front of an AT-ST, etc) but wont let you spawn to help your team?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Did they mess with the resolution or AA solution in the most recent patch on the PS4 version (more shimmer/crawl?), or are my eyes playing tricks on me, and it is all in my head?

Lrrr

Ya would be cool if they added a retreat phase similar to Titanfall where you have to try and make it to the transport before you die or it gets blown up.

I've always felt that was the best part of Titanfall's MP. You could lose the match by a landslide but if you escaped, it felt like a victory. I loved that. Playing as the rebellion in Star Wars seems like such a perfect game for that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom