• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool will unlock it later :). Playing with the bodyguard now

I used Bodyguard for a long time but it didn't really make much difference for me. Bounty on the other hand... how many times have you been killed while you were trying to pick up some power up? I know I have been killed a lot. Now I don't need to do that anymore. :)

I really need to finish Fallout so I can put more time into this game. I want to play more but Fallout keeps dragging me back in. I'm only level 28 with 17 and a half hours played right now. I want to be 50 before the first DLC comes out.

moai

The only worth trait is scout. Getting the drop on unsuspecting players is miles better than getting powerups, also half of them are useless.

The only worth trait is scout. Getting the drop on unsuspecting players is miles better than getting powerups, also half of them are useless.

Well I disagree, I get imploders like... a lot... all the time. They are fantastic. Also, Smart Rockets and Canons to take down AT-STs and distant enemies... love it.

I guess it depends on your needs and your playing style.

Crackbone

I'd have to agree. Scout on Endor is pretty OP. I really only use bounty hunter and scout anymore and scout is my go to with BH being just for shits and giggles.

(I have however had insane killstreaks with BH. 33-1 in one killstreak with three imploders, couple of refreshes(with explosive shot on board), couple of probe droids etc.) most of the time it's a dud but when it goes off its glorious.

ez3c

Neo Member
Is anyone else having an issue with Star Cards not working in Heroes vs Villains ? Most of the time when i am a trooper, I cannot utilize my start cards. This seems to be a product of latest update.

todahawk

Is anyone else having an issue with Star Cards not working in Heroes vs Villains ? Most of the time when i am a trooper, I cannot utilize my start cards. This seems to be a product of latest update.

Yep, same here. Had some issues with it on HvV specifically as well. Didn't seem to be an issue on Walker Assault.

5taquitos

Yep, same here. Had some issues with it on HvV specifically as well. Didn't seem to be an issue on Walker Assault.

It's a bug in the latest patch, they should work after you die once. Only seems to affect HvV.

Toughness is needed in this game, sadly.

Goddamn, I am getting so annoyed with homing rockets. How can you even justify or support this? I am in a firefight with two guys, lol 'MISSILE LOCKED ON' DURRRRR.. 10/10. It's a tool for fucking morons..

LoveCake

Played the weekend & I seemed to have been getting better games on Walker Assault, I think as some members mentioned i was just having bad luck playing with idiots.

People when playing Walker Assault simply have to play the objective, it is a must for whatever side you are playing on.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Impact grenade needing direct hit to kill is a good change.
Barrage going from 0.5-2.2 is a bit too much imo. 1.5 would've been better. Right now it feels like you can casually stroll away from barrage grenades.

I think the barrage change is fine, it changes their role from being a "fuck everything in this area" weapon and turns it into more of a "i need you to stop being here right now" ability.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Every time I get a small enough match of Blast that will allow me to get the trophy, my skills go out the window. I am not clutch.

Trophy will not pop unless the timer hits zero and you have the lead. If the round is won before then, even with most kills, you will not get it. It is seemingly bugged at the moment.

Toughness is needed in this game, sadly.

Goddamn, I am getting so annoyed with homing rockets. How can you even justify or support this? I am in a firefight with two guys, lol 'MISSILE LOCKED ON' DURRRRR.. 10/10. It's a tool for fucking morons..

Agreed. Every game has to have their noob cannon, it is redundant.

So, I said before I won't be getting the game but had a few friends that pushed me into getting it since I made them get R6. Game is arriving in a few hours, what should I expect? because I have a feeling more than just a few people have been playing too much of this game.

I'm seeing more and more people taking down walkers with Airspeeders and it's almost impossible to prevent them from doing so. Walker Assault has become an almost one sided affair.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So, I said before I won't be getting the game but had a few friends that pushed me into getting it since I made them get R6. Game is arriving in a few hours, what should I expect? because I have a feeling more than just a few people have been playing too much of this game.

Amazing graphics, Amazing sound, and personally, just plain fun.

Ugh, went on a mini-vacation this weekend and missed the $30 deal :(

Kinda the opposite of R6. Gameplay is more shallow and far faster paced (you can basically respawn instantly), and the presentation is off-the-wall. It's designed to appeal to a broad audience.

R6 is a niche title with really rich and deep gameplay, MUCH slower (plus, no respawns), and muuuuuch uglier. Although they BOTH have amazing soundscapes.

They're both MP only, too :p

Boogdud

I'm seeing more and more people taking down walkers with Airspeeders and it's almost impossible to prevent them from doing so. Walker Assault has become an almost one sided affair.

Good thing they just patched out all of the imperial flyers on phase 3 of almost every map... /s

Dice is so damn clown shoes with the balance on this game, and the patch made it even worse. It's bizarre.

Ive had two walker assault matches as the rebels on tatooine where we got our asses totally handed to us (approaching the final stage both walkers had 70%+ life left) and on the very last stage I just flew around as the Speeder until the AT-ATs became vulnerable and took both of them down with the tow cable.

Seems a bit too easy.

Kinda the opposite of R6. Gameplay is more shallow and far faster paced (you can basically respawn instantly), and the presentation is off-the-wall. It's designed to appeal to a broad audience.

R6 is a niche title with really rich and deep gameplay, MUCH slower (plus, no respawns), and muuuuuch uglier. Although they BOTH have amazing soundscapes.

They're both MP only, too :p

That's why I wasn't excited for it and opted to get R6 instead. I'm basically in it just for the sound, SW atmosphere and friends. Other then that I wouldn't have gotten it but hopefully it's more enjoyable than I think it is.

Edit: Going through the thread it seems like an unbalanced mess at times.

Speeders roaring above you

Massive blaster fire all around you

A whole squadron being taken out by force push

Bringing down an AT AT with the bowcaster

Music blaring around you as you make 'THAT' push

Darth Vader's heavy breathing haunting you in the woods

And...and

Getting stuck on Endors scenery

I have seen things

5taquitos

Trophy will not pop unless the timer hits zero and you have the lead. If the round is won before then, even with most kills, you will not get it. It is seemingly bugged at the moment.

I know, that's what I meant by small matches. I do fine in Blast when the games are full, and regularly come out on top. But as soon as I find a game with just a few players that I know will lead to a timer finish, I can't get any kills and choke miserably :p

Ozorov

Ive had two walker assault matches as the rebels on tatooine where we got our asses totally handed to us (approaching the final stage both walkers had 70%+ life left) and on the very last stage I just flew around as the Speeder until the AT-ATs became vulnerable and took both of them down with the tow cable.

Seems a bit too easy.
Yes they need to make that mini-game much harder

Yes they need to make that mini-game much harder

I don't think so, people just need to learn to shoot the damn speeders. If they get shot, they release the cable. It's that simple, but people seem to forget that. Get the X-Wing or A-Wing, or a rocket, whatever.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I know, that's what I meant by small matches. I do fine in Blast when the games are full, and regularly come out on top. But as soon as I find a game with just a few players that I know will lead to a timer finish, I can't get any kills and choke miserably :p

Ahhhh, gotcha. I want to find said matches myself. Maybe 2-3am?

I don't think so, people just need to learn to shoot the damn speeders. If they get shot, they release the cable. It's that simple, but people seem to forget that. Get the X-Wing or A-Wing, or a rocket, whatever.

It is not as simple as "they get shot and release". You need to shoot them for a bit, and if they keep removing Empire Interceptors in the final phase, how the heck do you shoot them?

5taquitos

Ahhhh, gotcha. I want to find said matches myself. Maybe 2-3am?

I've been able to find them around 1 AM PST on weeknights (PS4), I'm sure the situation is the same throughout the night. At midnight I still have to back out of (or just play) full games when browsing by map.

Klyka

Banned
Forgot how complicated flight is in this game :p

Especially the speeder, which has no roll. Pull speed all the way down and turn right.

Again,not everyone can do this and this allows everyone to pull it off.

The game is casual friendly for a reason,it doesn't want you to hope you got a good pilot in the air just to pull this off.

So something about the pulse cannon? Massive spike in popularity today and I have been getting cross-mapped by people who normally have shitty aim. Some kind of auto lock on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom