• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes vs Villains is actually one of slowest ways to lvl up.
You get fewer points towards your rank since you need to be sort of lucky to become the hero. Otherwise you'll just get killed.

In Supremacy or Turning point you get a lot of points for capturing and the odds are you'll kill more enemies.

Besides those points, yes it is a game thats hard to get into as a beginner. High ranked players definitely have the upper hand over beginners with all the star cards to choose from.

The balance against beginning players is bizarre to me, and the credit unlock system seems unnecessarily prohibitive. It actively discourages variation in set up, since, early on, credits aren't easy to accumulate.

Like, I knew going in that the Jet Pack would be one of my core pieces. It opened up the game in beta for me, and I had a lot of success both defensively and offensively using it. Because the initial unlock costs so much, I had to choose between further upgrading the piece that I knew would be core, or saving it for 2 levels later when I would have to purchase a trait. I couldn't do both.

I also passed over more than a few unlocks to be able to ensure that I had the credits right when I hit level 13. And this is with me beating over 2/3 of the Battlefront Companion sieges.

I can't help but feel that the better setup would have been unlock on level, with upgrades costing steep amounts of credits. The last thing this game needs to do is stifle variation.

As is, players in the sub-25 levels literally can either afford to be competitive or afford to try out the various unlocks, but not both.

TL;DR: Get your fucking capitalism out of my Star Wars.

Thoughts on Turning Point? I've played it quite a bit over the past week and had some pretty competitive games. Adding other maps would be good though.

Theorry

Thoughts on Turning Point? I've played it quite a bit over the past week and had some pretty competitive games. Adding other maps would be good though.

Really like the gamemode. But its abit predictable really. I mean the Rebels always clear those first points really fast and that its 7 min at the last point. Would be more fun if it was abit more dynamic. But overall its a fun mode, And better imo then Supremacy wich should be just like normal Conquest and not this weird mix wich is now.

Installed Jakku on my PS4, but the dlc is popping up as still unavailable to select/play in the game menus even though it is fully downloaded and installed. I tried closing Battlefront and resetting the PS4 multiple times but still no fix. Trying a full reinstall now......

In the new mod, the points representing the capture points up mid UI should really be in sync with the actual situation of said point, is it contested and so forth..

Heroes vs Villains is actually one of slowest ways to lvl up.
You get fewer points towards your rank since you need to be sort of lucky to become the hero. Otherwise you'll just get killed.

In Supremacy or Turning point you get a lot of points for capturing and the odds are you'll kill more enemies.

Besides those points, yes it is a game thats hard to get into as a beginner. High ranked players definitely have the upper hand over beginners with all the star cards to choose from.

I used HvV to rank up pretty quickly before I realized how quickly Fighter Squadron can rank you up.

It's not just playing as a hero--playing as a grunt and fighting a hero can net you a lot of points, since you get points for even damaging a hero.

Installed Jakku on my PS4, but the dlc is popping up as still unavailable to select/play in the game menus even though it is fully downloaded and installed. I tried closing Battlefront and resetting the PS4 multiple times but still no fix. Trying a full reinstall now......

What region are you on? Did you purchase the game on the same account you are playing it on?

10 Kills in Fighter Squadron is as annoying, not unlike the pretty much exact achievement in Air Supremacy for Battlefield, they just ripped it right out with no shame. They also should have added kills when a player you damaged crashes into the ground. The matches are short as hell too, they should increase the point total, I'm lucky if I get 5 kills right now.

B-Dex

10 Kills in Fighter Squadron is as annoying, not unlike the pretty much exact achievement in Air Supremacy for Battlefield, they just ripped it right out with no shame. They also should have added kills when a player you damaged crashes into the ground. The matches are short as hell too, they should increase the point total, I'm lucky if I get 5 kills right now.

I only got it as the falcon.

I really like it, though the last point is too imbalanced. If the Empire didn't have the AT-ST there I think it would fix it. Hopefully it's on all of the DLC in the future.

Anyone else thinks the scoring system is flawed? I mean... everything gives you such low scores... unless you get a hero powerup of sth.

Still getting fucked up by it. And for the people saying "it's only effective at close range": in the smaller modes even from across the map. It's ridiculous.

I just unlocked the DL-44 and yea....its very effective, I dunno how anybody could defend this gun.

My first game using it on Pod capture mode, I literally killed every single person on the opposing team as they were coming through one of the corridors on Tatooine within about 15 seconds.

This gun is cheap. Plain and simple.

Not sure about being killed from across the map with it, I had difficulty killing people with it from the far side of the port with the Millenium Falcon in it on Tatooine, the damage drops off considerably but it can still be deadly. Anything at medium to short distance is toast. This thing is a hallway sweeper too.

Ledhead

I just unlocked the DL-44 and yea....its very effective, I dunno how anybody could defend this gun.

My first game using it on Pod capture mode, I literally killed every single person on the opposing team as they were coming through one of the corridors on Tatooine within about 15 seconds.

This gun is cheap. Plain and simple.

Not sure about being killed from across the map with it, I had difficulty killing people with it from the far side of the port with the Millenium Falcon in it on Tatooine, the damage drops off considerably. Anything at medium to short distance is toast. This thing is a hallway sweeper too.

It's fucked up close for certain. That said, it seems pretty useless on the larger maps

Why is there no one in the jakku playlist on pc? Ffs

Edit: US East coast

Also ridiculous that the small objective modes can start with lower than max players but the large ones do not.

Toa TAK

Banned
You guys aren't kidding about the DL-44. It's one thing to be killed by it all the time, but it's another to wield that kind of power.

No man should have this much power.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I still can't not read Daniel Jackson's voice whenever SG-17 says something.

Anyway, I continue to be in shock at how good I am at Fighter Squadron relative to the rest of the game. Like really, really good.

Which probably translates to "adequate" here, but to me it's phenomenal.

Still getting fucked up by it. And for the people saying "it's only effective at close range": in the smaller modes even from across the map. It's ridiculous.
I haven't been on Battlefront since last week, on account of PSX. I hop in to play this morning and it's DL-44s everywhere. DICE's silence on the matter isn't very reassuring, either.

moai

So ea has posted some infographics in the game site, dont understand why no one uses the emperor. Its very effective at close quarters and guarding stations.

So ea has posted some infographics in the game site, dont understand why no one uses the emperor. Its very effective at close quarters and guarding stations.

Because Fett is just too good. I actually like playing as the emperor but it's hard not to choose Fett.

I'm not complaining and I dont want them to nerf him. Love playing as Boba.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

On Walker Assault I usually choose The Emperor and the Princess for defense, Boba and Luke if I'm going aggro. Boba's range is what makes him good, I mean you sit back, jump pack hover, and homing missile people down.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Game feels so much better after the grenade changes, I dont think I died to a single impact grenade last night, just tons of blaster fire everywhere it was absolutely awesome.

That being said I think I found out what makes me the most mad about this game. When you're winning you're really winning but when you're losing everything feels super hopeless.

I played about 8 games of supremacy last night and all of our wins were crushing victories and all of our losses were defeats where your KDR at the end is something like 6-25.

That pisses me off big time as well. Happened a few times last night. But a new trend is if people are playing rebels. If they can't kill you. They just crash into you. It's pretty fucked up

When I manage to hit an a-wing or something with a tie fighter, this is usually what happens. If I shoot at an Xwing approaching my location, they try this too. It's really annoying. Happens in multiple game modes.

graffix13

I hated getting owned by the DL-44 every game, so I said "fuck it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". I'm using it now. Watching my k/d ratio move up as a result.

Honestly I feel bad using it, as it's way OP and almost sucks the fun out of it. But then again, if everyone is using it I'm just playing on an even playing field.

I have a pretty big gripe about the UI: the graphics that pop up for kills and pickups, etc are REALLY, REALLY in your face and distracting. I don't know how many times I've been in a big firefight and done something only to have a massive pop-up on my screen directly in front of another dude I was trying to kill. DICE, get that shit to the top or side, please.

Kane1345

patch notes yet?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188272580&postcount=11553

I have a pretty big gripe about the UI: the graphics that pop up for kills and pickups, etc are REALLY, REALLY in your face and distracting. I don't know how many times I've been in a big firefight and done something only to have a massive pop-up on my screen directly in front of another dude I was trying to kill. DICE, get that shit to the top or side, please.

Yup, I also hate this

You know, you'd think DICE would have whipped up a template or a series of "THIS IS GOOD UI DESIGN" points to reference for all their MP games. Same kinda shit happens in Battlefield games--mistakes from the last games are repeated.

kendrid

Banned

I once went 20-0 with the emperor. Stay inside of a hallway and shock the hell out of people.

On an open map he sucks.

moai

I avoid all small game modes because of the dl-44. On WA i only get killed by it on corridors, so its not that annoying.

JimiNutz

Banned
I hated getting owned by the DL-44 every game, so I said "fuck it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". I'm using it now. Watching my k/d ratio move up as a result.

Honestly I feel bad using it, as it's way OP and almost sucks the fun out of it. But then again, if everyone is using it I'm just playing on an even playing field.

I did the same last week before the patch and got 1000 kills with the weapon alone over 3 days.
I'm not ashamed to admit that for me it was still extremely fun. Using active pulse to see a group of enemies coming around a corner and then popping out to one shot them all is immensely fun. Its the only weapon where I feel comfortable taking on three enemies at once and winning.

I haven't played the game for over a week as I'm currently on vacation so will be interested to see how it plays when everyone else is using the weapon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom