• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 something killstreak with Vader
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/13106685

I am currently waiting for half an hour to get into a game of Walker Assault. I tried both the base game and +Jakku but both are pretty much barren for whatever reason. So the game is either deader than dead, or something else is going on.

Like I said, I really want more of this game and I would be inclined to buy the season pass. But I can't justify a 50 euros purchase when there's going to be nothing left of the playerbase so soon.

Might be something up with the wierd ass MM system they have. I'm getting full games at any time. And within a few seconds.

Though, with me it can't find full games at first than it searches at 80, 70, 60, 50, 40 and then it puts me in a full game.

WAT.

Ozorov

Thats why i will wait with that Season Pass. I dont want to repeat that Hardline mistake where i bought the Pass too and the game is mostly dead now and we havent even seen the 3rd and last Pack there...

Best choice so far to get the Season Pass is on PS4 IMO.

But i will wait what they will offer with the first pack.

I wish DICE would stop with the silence, get a new community manager and provide more constant infos about Patches and Improvements.
He said that we would get the patch-notes on the 8th - "I wish I could expidite, but need final approvals." :DDDddddddd :((((....

Might be something up with the wierd ass MM system they have. I'm getting full games at any time. And within a few seconds.

Though, with me it can't find full games at first than it searches at 80, 70, 60, 50, 40 and then it puts me in a full game.

WAT.

It could be, it does the same here but then I am actually placed in a near empty lobby.

Screenshot-Original.png

Come on Dice. This pathetic showing on Endor should have been corrected within a week:
- Increase the timer on uplinks needed for Y-wings to be added
- Increase the health dramatically on the AT-AT

Tada, Endor most likely fixed.

Palpable

Well done sir

Luck

Some caution

Mostly luck

I'm jealous :)

No invincibility cheat bug? Great work but I really applaud anyone who doesn't get killed once due to the chaotic nature of the game at times.

In regards to myself I've only had this game a week and I'm bored already. It would be nice if there were gun attachments to unlock etc, but it's all pretty generic really.

4 big maps for Walker Assault, the main mode, gets boring very quickly. DICE & EA will really need to bring some substance to this game to make it worthwhile, though I'm sure the masses will purchase it anyway due to the new film coming out.

Thanks guys. Yeah, plenty of luck involved. Got myself an AT-ST at the start and wrecked everyone trying to get to the uplink. Eventually found my way into an AT-AT and got an ass ton of kills in there. Everything else was barrage lobbing and E-33 bursts into crowds. I came close to dying a lot, though.

Ozorov

Do you guys think we will hear anything about the first expansion pack before TFA?

I asked the CM on twitter if we would get some information soon, but got no response

Do you guys think we will hear anything about the first expansion pack before TFA?

I asked the CM on twitter if we would get some information soon, but got no response
Playstation Experience was the perfect opportunity to debut it or at least hint at it and show us some footage. I think the first expansion must be very very early in development.

Ozorov

Playstation Experience was the perfect opportunity to debut it or at least hint at it and show us some footage. I think the first expansion must be very very early in development.

It says on the official homepage:

"Act now to secure two-week early access to each expansion pack and an exclusive “Shoot First” emote. The first expansion pack will be released in early 2016. Stay tuned for more details on Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass* in the coming weeks."

It had said "it the coming weeks" like 1 week before launch.

But yeah PSX would have been a good opportunity to show atleast something of it.

FeD.nL

It says on the official homepage:

"Act now to secure two-week early access to each expansion pack and an exclusive “Shoot First” emote. The first expansion pack will be released in early 2016. Stay tuned for more details on Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass* in the coming weeks."

It had said "it the coming weeks" like 1 week before launch.

But yeah PSX would have been a good opportunity to show atleast something of it.

Could very well be that they are doing EP VII stuff and it's under embargo until the film is out.

MADGAME

I've become a terrible person when I play Fighter Squadron. If I get into trouble and take damage, I usually fly low and try to get a health pickup. If things are hopeless and I know I'm defeated, I've been crashing my ship to deny the kill.

deoee

I feel like this game needs another update soonish to adress some things.
It's still fun but sometimes I just feel I got bullshited :D

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, enjoying the game but I can absolutely see why some would complain that it feels shallow or thin. I would be bothered if not for the fact I got the game relatively cheaply, in which case I've certainly gotten my money's worth.

Yeah, enjoying the game but I can absolutely see why some would complain that it feels shallow or thin. I would be bothered if not for the fact I got the game relatively cheaply, in which case I've certainly gotten my money's worth.
Do you mean mechanically or content wise? I've heard complaints about both.

Yeah, it definitely feels thin. It's weird, because there are multiple game modes, but maybe it's repetition or just something about it.

After my first day of playing it, I strongly considered buying it for $80 new, but then I played it again and think I'll probably have enough of it after a week or so of borrowing it. Then again, I'm not a multiplayer first kind of person and only play it on occasion.

Izayoi

Banned
Do you mean mechanically or content wise? I've heard complaints about both.
Mechanically, outside of some serious balance issues, the game is solid. It's nice to have an arcade shooter in today's age of instant kill, psuedo-realistic, twitch games. I love Battlefield, but Battlefront is a nice break from the stress.

In terms of content, more maps certainly wouldn't hurt the game...

Mechanically, outside of some serious balance issues, the game is solid. It's nice to have an arcade shooter in today's age of instant kill, psuedo-realistic, twitch games. I love Battlefield, but Battlefront is a nice break from the stress.

In terms of content, more maps certainly wouldn't hurt the game...

With the Jakku DLC we have 14 maps. Such number that is normal nowadays for a new release. And dont forget, the game was done in 2 years.

Ozorov

With the Jakku DLC we have 14 maps. Such number that is normal nowadays for a new release. And dont forget, the game was done in 2 years.

My only problem right now is that Dice is so quite around the game. No news on patches etc that will fix things that are broken. No patch notes for the 1.3-patch etc.

RdN

Game has been nearly impossible to play here in Australia the past few days...

For those who don't know, DICE has region locked the servers, so you can't play out of region.

The problem many players from less populated areas (gaming wise) like Oceania and South America are facing is that there's not enough players to fill the rooms.

It's actually 15 maps :)

huh?

12 Maps in the base game + 2 maps from Jakku DLC = 14?

Did i miss a map? I only know of 12 in the base game.

My only problem right now is that Dice is so quite around the game. No news on patches etc that will fix things that are broken. No patch notes for the 1.3-patch etc.

Agree. This silence is really getting annoying. I criticized this silence and awful PR before release. I even told that CM Sledgehammer that its awful, but he blocked me lol. Which is pathetic. I wasnt rude or something.

And now? We have to wait a WEEK to get detailed Informations about a Patch that already dropped. They cant tell me that they havent a detailed list ready. Stuff like this has to be ready before a patch drops.

And yeah the general silence has to stop too. I can understand that they cant say anything about future DLC yet. But cmon, they already must have some changed etc in mind. And it would be IMO a better idea to involve the Fanbase of the game into this process of changing stuff.

I love this game, i played it a lot in the first week of release etc. But at the moment im not grinding that much anymore because i want to see some changes. This thing could be truly something great.

Basic stuff like this clunky and horrible Party/Partner System needs to be replaced ASAP with the Squad Up function from Battlefield 4 IMO. Hell this wasnt even in BF4 at launch. Why do they always start from scratch again?
Where are all this fixes DICE LA developed over the years for BF4 and Hardline?

Nothing to be found in Battlefront. Headglitch fix? high tickrate Servers? NOPE
The game for me sometimes still suffers from this Day1 BF4 issues like One hit kill, bad hit detection etc.

Raptor

Turning Point in jakku is fun as hell, love it but I wish the points had like Letters, like "A" "B" and "C" like battlefield, I WAs playing with a friend and we constantly were saying "defend this" and I was like "defend what?" lol if various are getting captured.

I want that but bigger much bigger like in Battlefield with an hour or 800 tickets, I want long very long matches, the last point to capture or defend is insanely awesome because of teh chaos it produces.

I haet homing missile or whatever it is, I hear that "tititi" and I start to run and jump lol.

moai

Game has been nearly impossible to play here in Australia the past few days...

For those who don't know, DICE has region locked the servers, so you can't play out of region.

The problem many players from less populated areas (gaming wise) like Oceania and South America are facing is that there's not enough players to fill the rooms.

I posted about this on this thread. At some point they will have to unlock this region restriction, otherwise the game will die in the smaller markets.

And here we go, the full patch notes lol...

Dec 1st Full Patch Notes:

Miscellaneous Updates and Tweaks:

Added a pre-round to all game modes
Fixed a graphical glitch on the speeder bike when FoV is set to 110 and the player uses boost
Fixed a stuttering issue with Starfighters when initiating evasive maneuvers
Fixed a glitch with the Transport ship in the Imperial Victory outro
Made miscellaneous adjustments to hero spawn points
Made adjustments to AI spawn points for Missions
Updated the Heroes vs. Villains screen wipe to work as intended when spawning in as a soldier
Adjusted the pre-round timer and objective placement to avoid overlapping text
Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Reset to default’ option when using a touch pad gesture to now restore those settings properly.
Added a visibility option for chat, including the ability to toggle the option in game using H
Chat has been added to the end of round screen, but can still be disabled in the in-game lobby and via the normal menu option
Adjusted how the game recommends game modes to new players
Made adjustments to avoid parts of vehicles floating around in-game after being destroyed
Made adjustments to how the game reacts to a mouse being out of a specific region on the UI
Spread out spawn points more and added a few new locations across multiple maps and modes
Moved and adjusted some pick-ups as their locations were not ideal for both teams.
Adjusted miscellaneous loading screen and Game Mode tiles
Female AI will now have female death screams when killed
Fixed an issue with the Airspeeders playing the boost audio two times when activated
Modes with GNK Droids and snow now have foot step audio
Adjusted the ‘Impressed’ Emote to work as intended
Adjusted how audio works when a headset is unplugged and plugged back in to a PC
Many audio adjustments have been applied to materials, events, music, and VO
Changed the visibility of the rank-up if you're in the process of tow cabling an AT-AT
Made adjustments to how parties are handled within matchmaking
Made adjustments to object collisions across multiple maps
Video options should not get constantly applied each time a user goes into video options
Optimized how some vehicles are drawn into view for players
Luke Skywalker now holds his weapon properly while sprinting
Dead characters will no longer have glowing edges
Fixed an issue preventing AT-ST’s from fall properly when dying
Vehicles should shake and move unpredictably when hit by missiles
Made adjustments on Missions so players can get the ‘Hard Star’ on Master Difficulty
ION and Torpedoes now shoot with the correct speed at all velocities instead of being based on Starfighters start speed
Tweaked Han Solo’s Lucky shot so it does proper damage against vehicles
Fixed bug where speeder bike crosshairs could get stuck if you died in it
Fixed bug where spawning on a player that is activating a Hero card could cause visual issues
Fixed bug where the Millennium Falcon and Slave I did not get a shorter replenish when picking up a vehicle pickup
Fixed a bug where Darth Vader was not outlined by Scan Ping
Darth Vader’s and Luke Skywalker’s lock on now aborts if line of sight is removed or distance is too far
Improved Blaster Cannon yaw and pitch restriction to allow more turning
Exploding barrels now gives correct damage information in both Missions and Multiplayer
Fixed a bug where players could shoot several fake, non-damage giving, projectiles in Starfighters
Improved Emperor Palpatine’s force lightning to do proper damage on the legs of soldiers on a slope
The proper image will be shown when your killed by Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader’s Lightsaber and Emperor Palpatine’s force lightning.
Fixed a bug where Luke Skywalker’s Force Dash didn’t always damage heroes in Mission Hero Battles.
Legacy controls added for flying and ground vehicles
Xbox One Legacy controls fixed
Fixed a bug where being killed by the R5-D4 droid wouldn’t show the correct killer and image
Boba Fett can fly again with his jet pack after being hit by Luke Skywalker.

Walker Assault Updates and Tweaks:

Removed AT-AT player control on Outpost Beta for final uplinks
Removed TIE interceptors for Imperials on Outpost Beta final uplinks
Removed TIE interceptors for Imperials on SoroSuub Centroplex final uplinks
Moved rebel vehicle pickups closer to their spawns on all maps.
AT-AT’s can no longer kill players once taken down by an Airspeeder
Fixed an issue with the camera view when performing a tow-cable take down
Adjusted HUD overlays to avoid overlaps
Fixed an issue preventing users from being able to use E-web repeating blaster if a Blaster cannon is deployed near it
UI now shows correct progress on Sullust

Supremacy Updates and Tweaks:

Players are now unable to exploit capture points in Supremacy
Adjusted control points so that they can’t be captured when time runs out
Dark areas lit up slightly across maps
Fixed overly bright snow piles

Drop Zone Updates and Tweaks:

Made adjustments to timers so both teams have the proper amount of time to pull off a win
First pod will now land between the 2 teams instead of being random
Blast Updates and Tweaks:
Fixed a bug where the player did not always die when falling down the bridge on Hoth
Fighter Squadron Updates and Tweaks:
Fixed a bug where a match conclusion of “Draw” displayed "Victory" for both teams
Hero Hunt Updates and Tweaks:
Fixed a bug where a player dying 1 second before becoming a hero could get stuck in a black screen
Fixed an issue when the hero and the killer died by the same grenade, the hero did not spawn in the correct team

Weapon. Gadgets, and Star Card Tweaks:

Explosive Shot damage decreased by 50%.
Damage increased against Starfighters from normal blasters.
Impact grenade radius decreased (3 to 2.5m)
Impact damage decreased for surrounding players (from 130 to 100)
Barrage fuse time has been increased (from 0.5-1 to 2-2.25)
Barrage full damage radius decreased with 0.5 meters.
Barrage maximum damage decreased from 55 to 50.
Impact damage tweaked from 100 to 90.
Personal Shield syncing improved to make sure the visuals and gameplay functions matches.
Homing Shot range tweaked from 200 to 160
Blinding a player using the Flash Grenade now gives a hit marker indication.

Kane1345

And here we go, the full patch notes lol...

Praise the Lord!......and Jumper ;)

So much hating of this game everywhere I look sadly. I still think its really fun after 40 plus hours but I can see the whole content complaint even if I really only play 3 game modes. Ah well.

Crackbone

Praise the Lord!......and Jumper ;)

So much hating of this game everywhere I look sadly. I still think its really fun after 40 plus hours but I can see the whole content complaint even if I really only play 3 game modes. Ah well.

Honestly I'd be a lot more satisfied if DICE could get walker assault in a decent state.

I'm happy generally with the game. It's a casual shootbang that fits the universe quite well. Quite frankly WA is damn near unplayable for me personally. It's just too heavily weighted to the rebels. For the imperials to win you either have to have an absolutely awful opposing team and have a team that's willing to target the air speeders or have an opposing team with no competent pilots

The number of factors that go into preventing a rebel win are too high at this point. They fix that I have no complaints.

MrDaravon

Holy shit patch notes a week later, Jesus Christ. Anyway I don't think anything too surprising or unknown at this point in there. Guess it confirms that there was no DL-44 nerf unless I'm missing it? Also not seeing anything about the invincibility bug being patched or not.

All that matters to me at this point is if when Jakku goes live for everyone tomorrow if they are going to either put out another patch, or at the very least put out something concrete regarding upcoming patch/balance with a timeframe. At this point the only mode I garner any enjoyment at all out of is Blast. If they don't put out anything tomorrow or at least talk about it I'm returning the game, WA/Supremacy is a goddamn mess right now on a lot of maps/sides and those are the only two modes I really care for outside of Blast. Will happily pick it back up next year if they've properly addressed issues and I can get the game and/or Season Pass on sale (since I can't imagine what the playerbase will be without the Season Pass), but this still stands as my disappointment of the year for sure.

Kane1345

Honestly I'd be a lot more satisfied if DICE could get walker assault in a decent state.

Agree completely with WA. They need that fixed asap

Explosive Shot damage decreased by 50%.
Damage increased against Starfighters from normal blasters.
Impact grenade radius decreased (3 to 2.5m)
Impact damage decreased for surrounding players (from 130 to 100)
Barrage fuse time has been increased (from 0.5-1 to 2-2.25)
Barrage full damage radius decreased with 0.5 meters.
Barrage maximum damage decreased from 55 to 50.
Impact damage tweaked from 100 to 90.

Impact grenade needing direct hit to kill is a good change.
Barrage going from 0.5-2.2 is a bit too much imo. 1.5 would've been better. Right now it feels like you can casually stroll away from barrage grenades.

So there was no nerf to thermal detenator. Some people here said it was weaker

I was one of those people. It just felt off to me. I guess I imagined it

I don't know if it's just my experience.

But apart from Endor, I'm seeing the Imperials starting to vary their tactics.

Using personal shields to disarm, smoke etc.

I rather prefer the closer matches.

But all it takes is one bad phase to really fuck you over.

Maybe the Y wings need to be reduced to 5 Max per area?

So the rebels would need to Max out each stage to ensure victory.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Agree completely with WA. They need that fixed asap

Impact grenade needing direct hit to kill is a good change.
Barrage going from 0.5-2.2 is a bit too much imo. 1.5 would've been better. Right now it feels like you can casually stroll away from barrage grenades.

I was one of those people. It just felt off to me. I guess I imagined it

Maybe more people are using Bodyguard traits now?

Ozorov

I don't know if it's just my experience.

I rather prefer the closer matches.

But all it takes is one bad phase to really fuck you over.

Maybe the Y wings need to be reduced to 5 Max per area?

So the rebels would need to Max out each stage to ensure victory.
Smoke is quite nice. I love it in Turning point at jakku as the rebels

We need a toggle sprint on the AT-ST, feels like Iam breaking my controller trying to get that thing to the frontline.

Yeah that always feels very awkward. Needs the toggle.
It also needs to not be made out of paper and cardboard.

Ive been experimenting with smoke in different modes recently. Throwing it into high profile areas. People seem discouraged by the poor visibility. Ive been throwing them in front of uplinks to make people hesitate and see if they're useful in walker assault.
It's been sort of fun to be a nuisance like that and at times it has worked out well, but I wonder if a simple grenade would still be more effective.

Next on my list to try out is the flash grenade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom