• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, hearing that there was a Boba Fett nerf I kneejerked and feared the worst, but it's just that his rockets don't home in anymore? Never really even used those that often, doesn't bother me at all, won't stop Boba from dominating the field.

It's really not all to hard to counter boba by yourself either if he's giving you a hard time, I've half healthed boba several times with only explosive shot and the trusty rt-97c, it might take two or three lives to finally chip him down enough if the player is being really defensive, but the key is to just wait for him to exhaust his jet pack and then get up in his face and do as much damage as you can before he retreats again, rinse and repeat.

5taquitos

Lol, hearing that there was a Boba Fett nerf I kneejerked and feared the worst, but it's just that his rockets don't home in anymore? Never really even used those that often, doesn't bother me at all, won't stop Boba from dominating the field.

It's really not all to hard to counter boba by yourself either if he's giving you a hard time, I've half healthed boba several times with only explosive shot and the trusty rt-97c, it might take two or three lives to finally chip him down enough if the player is being really defensive, but the key is to just wait for him to exhaust his jet pack and then get up in his face and do as much damage as you can before he retreats again, rinse and repeat.

I'm pretty sure you also do more damage if you hit him in his jetpack, but I may be imagining that.

moai

Funny thing is that if luke gets to boba you can destroy him in seconds.
But they should restrict the places where he can get (endor first stage platform por example). Some players camp there just taking pot shots to rebels and not help the imperial team.

potam

Banned
Gemüsepizza;188734475 said:
I think the chance for that is about 0%. Adding that many npcs with AI will cost considerable CPU resources, which are likely not easily available on consoles. I'm pretty sure they wanted to do something like this from the beginning, but the relatively weak console CPUs made it difficult, so they decided against it. Now that the game is finished and is already using all those resources, adding this feature will probably be impossible. The CPU situation might also be the reason why the solo PvE modes have waves of enemies, so only a limited amount of NPCs is on screen at a given time.

Of course adding this feature to the PC version would be easily possible, but I doubt that they want feature imparity across the different versions. It's also questionable that they even have enough developers to implement such a major feature, I assume they have already started work on Battlefront 2 and the DLC. Additionally the PC version might have not sold that well, so even more reason for them to skip this feature. Although looking at the online player count on PC, such a feature would certainly be very welcome.

Granted I know next to nothing, but I don't image it would be too hard to fill a game up with some ultra basic AI for relatively cheap. Something just to satisfy people, but nothing too complicated.

Anyone else from South America having trouble finding populated games on PC?

Can't find a single populated or ongoing game, always finding lobbies that never fill up. :/

Klocker

Is anyone else still seeing the DL-44 used all the time? I equipped it finall and I realized why people kill me with it so often....at short to somewhat medium range, it's pretty much insta death.

Pretty much. Surprised it hasn't been nerffed a bit

That and the homing missile spam... getting silly now

Dr Prob

Banned
Walker Assault on Sullust, we're playing as the Imps. As we're waiting for the pre-round thing to count down I look around at everyone doing the emotes and realize that I have like the best spawn. AT-ST for me! Right as I run past the TIE powerup I'm killed by an X-Wing. How is it that the rebel scum can hit the pickup, activate it, go through the little portion where you're not in control of the ship and fly all the way over to our spawn before we even reach our powerups?

Elzar, fix this shit.

So Jakku is about 1.5gb on PS4.

I have 200mb wired Internet.

Took 2 hours to get to 60% download.

I literally cannot believe a company as large as Sony have such a disgustingly poor network backend.

So Jakku is about 1.5gb on PS4.

I have 200mb wired Internet.

Took 2 hours to get to 60% download.

I literally cannot believe a company as large as Sony have such a disgustingly poor network backend.

When they made online play a paid service on PS4 I assumed it would be for improving their network.
Turns out they spent it all on blow and hookers.

Actually my experience with PSN is pretty okay but I too have experienced insanely slow download speeds pretty regularly with no special network conditions.

Is the trophy "playing the objective (have the most kills in a match of Blast)" glitched? I just got the most kills twice in a row on blast and I still didn't get it.

I think I read on here somewhere that it is glitched. There was a way to do it but I dont remember what that was.

Palpable

Is the trophy "playing the objective (have the most kills in a match of Blast)" glitched? I just got the most kills twice in a row on blast and I still didn't get it.

Battle Pope

Neo Member
I think all the Heroes take more damage in the back.

Playing Walker Assault on Tatooine last night I circle around behind the AT-AT's in a T-47 airspeeder, spotted Boba hovering high over our lines and road-killed him from behind. No video unfortunately (Shadowplay is acting up) but it was a funny moment.

bargeparty

I really wish we had more controller sensitivity options on console. Can't understand why when you zoom in with vehicles the sensitivity goes up.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
A Boba Fett nerf. Looks like they are paying attention the their stats.
They nerfed boba on pc? Really hope they wont do that for consoles.

Removing his auto/lock would literally make him the worst Hero instead of the best.

I really don't like that they start nerfinf everything, grenades and they cycler rifle are already useless because of the nerf.

And I have seen people complaining about the Dl-44, explosive shot, Pulse Rifle, SEC-14, Homing Missike, AT-ST,... If we have to listen to the critical gamer, every weapon had to be average....

Edit: Happy to ser though that they gave the AT-At more health on Endor. That Was necessary, You have to play incredibly good now to win as an Imperial right now.

I am loving Turning Point. I really want it to be on more maps.

iH94wXn.png

They nerfed boba on pc? Really hope they wont do that for consoles.

Removing his auto/lock would literally make him the worst Hero instead of the best.

I really don't like that they start nerfinf everything, grenades and they cycler rifle are already useless because of the nerf.

And I have seen people complaining about the Dl-44, explosive shot, Pulse Rifle, SEC-14, Homing Missike, AT-ST,... If we have to listen to the critical gamer, every weapon had to be average....

Edit: Happy to ser though that they gave the AT-At more health on Endor. That Was necessary, You have to play incredibly good now to win as an Imperial right now.

The problem is its a game with high TTK, and they put in various one shot kill abilities which kinda go against having a high TTK in place.

Fuck a-wings
Yep, this. I had the challenge to defeat 15 enemies as the Tie Fighter. I wanted to walk away from the game several times. I try not to even for A-Wings anymore, though it is occasionally inevitable.

And the DL-44 is out of hand. I still have a lot of fun with Battlefront and I will continue to play it, but these two issues are huge sour notes. And DICE's lack of transparency isn't helping one bit.

I just started playing this yesterday and I hit rank 16 today lol.
Been playing it with my son and obvious balance issues aside we're having a lot of fun.

Took out 2 airspeeders in quick succession in a AT-ST on Jakku which looked particularly cinematic and it lead to my son asking if we could watch the movies this weekend so they're doing something right with this game!

The sound design of the whole thing is exceptional. .. really nice work there devs.

Tobe

Anyone else from South America having trouble finding populated games on PC?

Can't find a single populated or ongoing game, always finding lobbies that never fill up. :/

depends on the hours, but yeah our server is the emptiest one. its usually ok on weekends and from 5-9pm weekdays. but its a struggle, there should be a way to play on us servers

Ive complained about this before...

... but there is nothing more annoying in SWBF than playing turning point (or walker assault) on a team that isn't even trying to complete the objectives.

When half your team is hanging near their own spawn point, trying to snipe the other team, you're going to lose, and lose bad.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Been playing it with my son and obvious balance issues aside we're having a lot of fun.

Took out 2 airspeeders in quick succession in a AT-ST on Jakku which looked particularly cinematic and it lead to my son asking if we could watch the movies this weekend so they're doing something right with this game!

The sound design of the whole thing is exceptional. .. really nice work there devs.
Nice to hear those stories, hitting rank 16 in two days is fast. That means you played a lot :p

How old is your son? Just curious to see what ages people already like this game

Jinjo

... but there is nothing more annoying in SWBF than playing turning point (or walker assault) on a team that isn't even trying to complete the objectives.

When half your team is hanging near their own spawn point, trying to snipe the other team, you're going to lose, and lose bad.

My W/L ratio is horrible due to this. Yesterday I made an incredible push to a capture point (the middle one in the first set even) in Turning Point. Almost capped it by myself, but needless to say I died when all of a sudden the enemy team focused everything on me and the other two guys that finally thought, "ow lemme help cap this point" were just way too late to the party to take over the capping. I need to start playing with SW GAF I guess.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Gemüsepizza;188734475 said:
I think the chance for that is about 0%. Adding that many npcs with AI will cost considerable CPU resources, which are likely not easily available on consoles. I'm pretty sure they wanted to do something like this from the beginning, but the relatively weak console CPUs made it difficult, so they decided against it. Now that the game is finished and is already using all those resources, adding this feature will probably be impossible. The CPU situation might also be the reason why the solo PvE modes have waves of enemies, so only a limited amount of NPCs is on screen at a given time.

Of course adding this feature to the PC version would be easily possible, but I doubt that they want feature imparity across the different versions. It's also questionable that they even have enough developers to implement such a major feature, I assume they have already started work on Battlefront 2 and the DLC. Additionally the PC version might have not sold that well, so even more reason for them to skip this feature. Although looking at the online player count on PC, such a feature would certainly be very welcome.

Didn`t they pull this off on PS2?

Didn`t they pull this off on PS2?

Yes, but those were also different times. Online multiplayer like we have today didn't really exist back then, so having bots was much more important. I guess DICE decided against it because it didn't seem that important anymore, and because it would have been difficult with what they had in mind for graphics and other stuff. But if you want to include bots and you know that from development day one, it is absolutely doable. You just have to dial down other aspects of the game to free some resources.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Fucking A-Wings, Jesus, I just chase one for a good few minutes and the only damage I managed to do was from missles because my lasers sure wouldn't hit for whatever fucking reason, and that's if they didn't dodge the missle. Didn't even destroy it, got blown up by a passing X-Wing.

I think they've kept this game too realistic to its universe, except they've kept the Empire and Rebels on equal footing when the Imperials should outnumber them which is partly where their power came from. But without those numbers you just have a shitty fighters vs good ones. The same kind of theme with Walker Assault, except again it's balanced out so where one side should be more imposing there really isn't much of a difference now, lost far too many Walker Assaults in the first stage as imperials to enjoy the mode that much now.

They also need to seriously throw Jakku in with the standard rotation now.

Cmagus

Been playing a lot of this the last few days and it's a pretty good game but to sum it up this game is missed potential and an unbalanced mess. I like the fact that this game has an older school vibe to it as I find most shooters like Call of Duty I'm just not good at anymore but this one feels more easier to jump in to.

It's just so hard not to get frustrated with it though and some really poor design decisions. The jetpacks should have been implemented into the game from the start and they shouldn't have to require a cool down it would have made the game a lot more interesting and now it seems like the thing to do is jetpack somewhere high where people how don't have them can't reach you and snipe/spam homing shot.

Speaking of homing shot that needs to be nerfed it's like every time you step out anywhere someone locks onto you and it's almost impossible most times to avoid, it's super cheap and annoying.Other than that I find the rest of the perks are pretty good and aren't super overpowered like other games.

The lack of voice chat is also super annoying, it's frustrating when you have the other team in a location only to die and you can't even let people know that the enemies are over in that area it just doesn't make sense not to have it in 2015. I know most will say party chat but I don't play a lot of online games so I don't exactly have a list of people I play games like this with so it really doesn't help me.

The maps I find are pretty good overall and have a nice balance but I'd have to say the only map that I don't like much is Dune Sea Exchange it's unbalanced and the spawn points are almost getting you shot when spawning.

Most of the modes aren't bad I personally like Blast the most and spend most of my time in there. It does seem though that it's becoming more difficult to find matches on that playlist lately. I tried today and i had to wait a long time with little results.

I don't know how I feel about this game honestly like I wanna really like it but there is just so many things that keep it from going from a good game to a great game. I'll probably stick with it awhile longer till the first DLC comes and from there I'll decide whether I invest in the season pass and continue or not.

and we didnt let them get no more then 3 y wings per phase
Even with them called in, if people torp'd them it cuts down the timer for the walkers to be locked down. There's all these little strats that are lost on the greater player base (such as THAT is on the PC...) because the game just doesn't communicate itself well.

Yep, this. I had the challenge to defeat 15 enemies as the Tie Fighter. I wanted to walk away from the game several times. I try not to even for A-Wings anymore, though it is occasionally inevitable.

And the DL-44 is out of hand. I still have a lot of fun with Battlefront and I will continue to play it, but these two issues are huge sour notes. And DICE's lack of transparency isn't helping one bit.

I've taken a break to catch up on my back long until the next balance patch.

The first patch was a start, but they really need another pass at the weapons and fix the a-wing.

timewyrm

I Goddamn hate this too. Also, you've got 20 players, and yet the other 19 always seem to be everywhere except protecting the left most point (from the Imp perspective). Too busy butting heads to get the powerups like it's Black Friday on Jakku lol.

I can't put this game down. I think I'm driven to reach 50, so maybe after that I'll play some of my other games. Hit 40 and got my Scout Trooper suit yesterday. 29 hours of play time.

BokehKing

Banned

Hit rank 16 in one day??? How??

depends on the hours, but yeah our server is the emptiest one. its usually ok on weekends and from 5-9pm weekdays. but its a struggle, there should be a way to play on us servers

there aren't many people on US servers either, with respect. I almost made a thread yesterday asking if this game was already dead on PC. It took me 20 minutes to find a populated game and it wasn't in the match type I actually wanted to play.

there aren't many people on US servers either, with respect. I almost made a thread yesterday asking if this game was already dead on PC. It took me 20 minutes to find a populated game and it wasn't in the match type I actually wanted to play.

Yeah, after some time trying to find a game I just gave up and went to play something else.
Really makes me wish Overwatch was already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom