• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

When it comes to lag, Battlefront is one of the best experiences I have in years of multiplayer games. Almost all of time everything runs perfectly smooth, and the three or four times I had lag for a minute, it was actually because of my connection.

No you can blame a lot of things on DICE, but lag? Pretty sure it's your connection and not the game.

Nope there isn't anything wrong with my connection. I even checked my connection speed, rebooted my Router etc just to make sure. Other people have also reported it.

*Edit: It has only started lagging since the update.
**Edit: Seems Kingwingin gets the same problem. I get the stupid warning triangle 90% of the time.

kingwingin

When i first bought this game it ran great but the lag has been getting worse and worseas the days go on.

First i would get that connection warning symbol but now im getting this red warning message and my character freezes and switches in and out of third person

Hope this gets fixed asap

Voidwolf

When i first bought this game it ran great but the lag has been getting worse and worseas the days go on.

First i would get that connection warning symbol but now im getting this red warning message and my character freezes and switches in and out of third person

Are you playing on PC or console? I experienced a lot of lag on my PS4 and Xbone on wifi during the beta, I ended up getting the game for PC and I have mine connected directly to the router and haven't had any lag related issues.

Ridiculous. At the very end of every game the atats are easily taken down with tow rope. You can do nothing.

All you gotta do is shoot the ships - any damage to the ship cuts the tow rope, which means they have to come back around and start over...and then you shoot them again.

Ambitious

Can't blame the other team for playing the objectives, while your own team isn't doing anything.

Getting those airspeeders down or at least hinder them to complete there cable run isn't too difficult IMO.

Well, I don't blame the other team at all. I just question the design of this game mode. The match up until the final section hardly matters. In the last part, the Rebels get a bunch of chances for an instant win. That's not fun.

adj_noun

Gotta love it when both Walkers with ~90% of their health left are downed literally inches before the goal by Airspeeders because hardly anyone is shooting them. And those who do, which includes me, can't hit those goddamn things.

I found I have much better luck hitting the airspeeders with my Ion Torpedoes than I do blasting the Y-Wings out of the air. I *think* I caused one guy to screw up so much he crashed.

Is the Deluxe Edition worth it? I bought the game earlier from BB, and just found out that GameStop has the game for $20 off, including the deluxe edition. Considering going to swap it out for that version and price match but won't if the dlc isn't worth it.

Is the Deluxe Edition worth it? I bought the game earlier from BB, and just found out that GameStop has the game for $20 off, including the deluxe edition. Considering going to swap it out for that version and price match but won't if the dlc isn't worth it.
No. Literally all you're buying is two emotes(taunts) for $10. One is straight shit and the other is hilariously stupid, but not worth $10. Just get the regular edition. Everything else is just instant weapon unlocks.

Cth

Gotta love it when both Walkers with ~90% of their health left are downed literally inches before the goal by Airspeeders because hardly anyone is shooting them. And those who do, which includes me, can't hit those goddamn things.

I don't know how, but I seem to remember both AT-ATs being brought down in the first wave. Maybe second, but I clearly remember being surprised it was over so quickly.

I wish more people would shoot the Y-Wings on their bombing runs.. there's even an achievement linked to it. I try to nail the speeders but they're too quick.

fritolay

This game is fun and relaxing. Yes many players don't go for objectives. Yes there seems to be an easier crowd to play, casual if you call it. And if you roll with that and have fun instead of worrying about stats and whatever else, it's just a fun game.

I keep playing the game now and then, making slow progress, and enjoying the game. I do look forward to more content.

Palpable

Ridiculous. At the very end of every game the atats are easily taken down with tow rope. You can do nothing.

Untrue. I always shoot at them at the end and, after a few hits, they get thrown off. You have to lead them a bit when shooting at them. Don't follow and shoot, keep aiming at the same spot and wait for them to pass.

Yeah. It's time for a patch just going by the post on here tonight. I enjoy the game still, but less tolerant people are going to quit soon. Time to freshen things up.

Nope there isn't anything wrong with my connection. I even checked my connection speed, rebooted my Router etc just to make sure. Other people have also reported it.

*Edit: It has only started lagging since the update.
**Edit: Seems Kingwingin gets the same problem. I get the stupid warning triangle 90% of the time.

Same here i was ready to buy a new wifi adapter..

The EE-3 and explosive shot have completely changed this game for me. I didn't enjoy using Hans blaster, so rocking the Fett-mans weapon is awesome. Amazing range, great hip fire. Awwww yeahh.

Once you get to level three with the scout perk it is game over.

GobFather

How do you make a party of more than 2 in Star Wars battlefront? I can only do partners and when I click on the party... It only allows me to invite people not playing Star Wars currently. I'm so confused ... It's getting annoying lol

You can have up to 8 in a party, but you can only partner with 1 other player. Partnering simply means you can spawn off of each other.
So can I play with up to 8 people in a party? I don't care about partner. I just want to play with a party of 6 on the same team. Is that possible ? I can't figure it out lol
edit: when I try to make it a party of 8... My friends who are on Star Wars don't show up but it shows those who aren't playing Star War....

Sickbean

Quick question - I've got a powerful PC and a PS4, would I be foolish to pick it up on PC if I'm playing with a gamepad on the TV (given that others will have KB&M)?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow the speeder bike mission is cool but pretty visually crazy, So many times I thought I'd run right into something and instead I flew right over it, then so many times I thought I could make it between something and instead crashed. By time I actually got under 2:30 I also got the no damage achievement. I think that's a pretty solid sign it was a purely trial and error thing. Kind of hard to make that intuitive and yet convincingly organic, though.

Sickbean

I'd honestly just buy it on PS4. Game still looks ridiculously good and has a bigger player base. I was in the same situation as you and chose console.

Thanks. I was leaning that way to be honest. Then I see another 4K / Sweetfx PC video and start doubting myself!

Thanks. I was leaning that way to be honest. Then I see another 4K / Sweetfx PC video and start doubting myself!
There's a matchmaking issue with PC ATM that makes the player base seem smaller than it is, but it is definitely less popular than on PS4, so if longevity or at least longevity with more than 1000 players or so matters to you then I'd say PS4! I'm probably going to end up picking it up on PC as well down the line, if only for the gorgeous visuals.

Palpable

How do you make a party of more than 2 in Star Wars battlefront? I can only do partners and when I click on the party... It only allows me to invite people not playing Star Wars currently. I'm so confused ... It's getting annoying lol

So can I play with up to 8 people in a party? I don't care about partner. I just want to play with a party of 6 on the same team. Is that possible ? I can't figure it out lol
edit: when I try to make it a party of 8... My friends who are on Star Wars don't show up but it shows those who aren't playing Star War....

What platform? On PS4 you simply create a party and whomever is in said party is also in your SWBF squad.

Ambitious

I found I have much better luck hitting the airspeeders with my Ion Torpedoes than I do blasting the Y-Wings out of the air. I *think* I caused one guy to screw up so much he crashed.

I didn't have them equipped, unfortunately. I could have killed myself so I could switch hands, but this would have taken too long.

I don't know how, but I seem to remember both AT-ATs being brought down in the first wave. Maybe second, but I clearly remember being surprised it was over so quickly.

I wish more people would shoot the Y-Wings on their bombing runs.. there's even an achievement linked to it. I try to nail the speeders but they're too quick.

Yeah, I always seem to be the only one shooting the Y-Wings. Haven't been particularly successful. So far I managed to destroy just a single one, using the Pulse Rifle. They're hard to hit.

It's comforting to know I'm not alone, but I sympathize. It's annoying.

I haven't been switched out of to third person, but I've lost lives due to glitching from a "bad connection" during red warnings.

Also, I guess if you guys would consider beating the missions "beating the game" I'll do so to add it to my list. Any more thoughts on that?

T.E.D

Banned
I bought this game day one but I agree with the consensus in that there is a serious lack of content. I wouldn't have minded if the resources they spent focusing on making it so authentic was actually directed towards making more maps or weapons. A lot of people feared that it would be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, well, as a Battlefield fan I think it would have greatly improved the game if it was a re-skin.

There is virtually no teamwork. I get that this is a casual game but still. I don't think the game is bad, I just think it could have been so much more.

I bought this game day one but I agree with the consensus in that there is a serious lack of content. I wouldn't have minded if the resources they spent focusing on making it so authentic was actually directed towards making more maps or weapons. A lot of people feared that it would be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, well, as a Battlefield fan I think it would have greatly improved the game if it was a re-skin.

There is virtually no teamwork. I get that this is a casual game but still. I don't think the game is bad, I just think it could have been so much more.

Nah. I'm glad they didn't make this a Battlefield clone. The authenticity is one of the things that makes the game so good imo.

Machina

Banned

I can't agree that this is the rule, not the exception. Some of the game modes (especially Walker Assault and Turning Point) can't be won without a healthy amount of teamwork. If nobody worked together ever, I wouldn't have a 66% win/loss ratio right now.

Any ideas when they'll give us more information about the season pass DLC? I'm really interested in what they have planned for the next few months. My guess is that we'll hear some info in January and that the first DLC pack will have Force Awakens content.

What about the gameplay makes it any more authentic than if it was simply a reskin of Battlefield?

The gameplay is unique too. Star Wars doesnt need over 100 weapons und 100s of weapon attachments... thats not something that would fit to the game.

Sure they will add more weapons later on with DLC, but i dont thing we will ever reach something like 40 weapons.

Ozorov

Any ideas when they'll give us more information about the season pass DLC? I'm really interested in what they have planned for the next few months. My guess is that we'll hear some info in January and that the first DLC pack will have Force Awakens content.
Maybe they are under some embargo until the movie is released :)

moai

Been trying to find a wa or supremacy game on x1 brazilian servers for an hour. No luck. This game is dead on this console and region.
Anyone knows if adding us people as friends and try to join their games does work or will i be region locked away anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom