• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Saw this in EA's Star Wars twitter account:

Q: "Will we get clone wars in 2016?"

A: "Our team is focusing on the original trilogy for this release of Star Wars Battlefront."

So no TFA then?

LoveCake

Im tired of the people playing to just rack kills and not push the objective. No one cares about your kill count.

Tell me about it, some people do though 'sigh'

About 50% of the time when playing as Rebel I end up with the highest objective score.

It just depends on the team you manage to hook up with, I was having a really bad time earlier on in the week, but got in with a very good team & we were winning on every map, as both Rebel & Empire, we even won as Empire on Endor, but it was no walkover in most instances, it was pretty close in all games, but some we were so well organised they couldn't activate enough towers.

You can still get a high kill count even if you do the objectives & go to the right areas to protect/defend the towers & the opposite of this attacking & taking the towers.

I wish there were dedicated GAF servers for this game I really do.

I played CoD Black Ops 2 on my WiiU & the thing I found was that everyone well 99% of people playing were playing as an actual team, there was no communication but when you spawned you would always find someone else on your team tagging onto you as a wing-man/woman & you would tag onto someone else, you always ended up with pretty close games & the games were fun & the reason I think is because most of the people playing were adults & knew/know how to play 'the game'.

When I get into Walker Assault whichever side I am on, if the team is inept I just go to the edge of the map & wait for the game to finish & then quit that team & try again & usually after two or three goes I get into a team that knows what they are doing (both sides know what they are doing) because if you are playing with fools then you are not going to get a good score anyway & you won't enjoy playing.

p3Ondya.gif

How have I never seen this before.

Ferr986

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=DL-44

It will 2 shot you (2 shots for body 1 for head shots) up to 20m.

Keep in mind, it can still 2 shot at 30m if one of those shots is a head shot.

The graph in that link should give you a pretty clear picture how the damage drop off works for it.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=T-21

This one does the same damage as the DL-44 up close but it will still kill you with 3 shots at long range. I also love the T-21B for the extra zoom.

wow, thanks for that site! That's goign to be useful.

Really wish there was a good way to communicate things to your team. It's frustrating in heroes vs villains when you need health and the hero who can spawn health and hasn't been hit, doesn't drop any.

Or squads in the big modes where you could click on objectives, and if your squad members did that,you godt ekstra points (sure this is in some battlefields).. Might help to get people to focus a bit. (i guess in general objectives should be worth more than racking up kills)

leng jai

Say what you want about the content or depth but when you're playing in an arm wrestle of a game in Supremacy with the audio turned up this game is off the charts.

Ozorov

Say what you want about the content or depth but when you're playing in an arm wrestle of a game in Supremacy with the audio turned up this game is off the charts.

I haven't played so much Supremacy (Mostly WA in the big modes) but I played some this morning. Was more fun then expected and is probably my second favorite mode right now.

nowarning

Yeah the audio is amazing, I think since BF:BC DICE have been hitting it out of the park every time. Got my 5.1 setup absolutely cranked and it sounds awesome.

Yeah I haven't played a ton of this game but I find myself getting into it every week or so for a few matches.

It's easy to get burned out on it but I do enjoy it for some simple fun and good star wars atmosphere.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Got the game for free through work and yikes does it look bad on PS4. People were amazed by the graphics in the OT so didn't think I would notice the game's resolution but fucking aliasing everywhere.

Is battle of Jaku available for everyone? It's not letting me download it.

Every other game on ps4 must look like kof 14 to you then. If there is one thing this game isn't is ugly.

Ferr986

i wish they would to a double XP thingy next weekend for the TFA release.

I... I don't think I'll even reach lvl 50 for my own lol (I know I could spam FS but I like to play almost all modes).

Ferr986

So I'm on an X-Wing on WA, being chased by two TIEs. Can't get them off out of me. There's two more X-Wings and they don't give a fuck about me. I end up lasting almost a minute till I get shoot down. X-Wings still far from where I was.

This game makes me rage so fucking much sometimes man.

So I'm on an X-Wing on WA, being chased by two TIEs. Can't get them off out of me. There's two more X-Wings and they don't give a fuck about me. I end up lasting almost a minute till I get shoot down. X-Wings still far from where I was.

This game makes me rage so fucking much sometimes man.

i think they wanted to tell you to play the objective in WA.

:p

Jito

Banned
Holy hell is A Wing OP, just went 50 to 1 in one on supremacy, it's so easy to dodge shots and get behind TIE fighters. Its hitbox is tiny.

I took a break from the game for a few days, maybe a week, and now when I do WA on Hoth as Rebels the spawns during the second Y-wing phase are miles back on the map, making it impossible to reach the Walkers if you're killed. I guess this is a new bug or something?

Well they had their release party yesterday:

https://twitter.com/EA_DICE/with_replies

I guess they probably had a pretty stressful crunch period to get this game out in time for the movie, and then have been on vacation for a while. The party happening now could be a sign that they are returning to their workplace or something, I don't know. If that were true, maybe this isn't the best way to release a multiplayer game, where the health of the community is dependent on communication with devs and on their support, especially shortly after release.

Special C

When will developers get a clue and realize k/d stats ruin their games. Are they afraid nobody will play it if they can't look at their precious k/d? I think game modes should have mode specific stats and not global ones. Show the k/d in blast and nothing else.

Gemüsepizza;189044000 said:
Well they had their release party yesterday:

https://twitter.com/EA_DICE/with_replies

I guess they probably had a pretty stressful crunch period to get this game out in time for the movie, and then have been on vacation for a while. The party happening now could be a sign that they are returning to their workplace or something, I don't know. If that were true, maybe this isn't the best way to release a multiplayer game, where the health of the community is dependent on communication with devs and on their support, especially shortly after release.

Ah you again...

Not all of Dice are on vacation. And srsly grant DICE some time. Getting this done in 2 years was probably very stressful.

And we will probably only see one more patch this months. More stuff will happen next year.
By the the time the summer comes around, Battlefront will probably play very different.

kendrid

Banned
When will developers get a clue and realize k/d stats ruin their games. Are they afraid nobody will play it if they can't look at their precious k/d? I think game modes should have mode specific stats and not global ones. Show the k/d in blast and nothing else.

A month ago I played the old Bad Company games on my 360. I had forgot that BC2 only showed objective stats during the game, then once the game was complete it showed KD. This was the perfect way to do it to satisfy both types of players.

If you never showed any k/d stats, people would still do the same thing. Whether or not those people help ptfo while hoarding kills is another thing.

BokehKing

Banned
Ok I'm totally sold on fighter squadron and in the camp of people that want them to bring back that mode where you fly and board the ships

Ok I'm totally sold on fighter squadron and in the camp of people that want them to bring back that mode where you fly and board the ships

Titan mode ! YAS

Would be so amazing in this.. And in anything since BF2142 (where it was, indeed, also amazing).

Imagine capturing points and then having to board a Medium class star ship hovering in the atmosphere... Shiiiit !

Would be the best mode ever. Never understood why titan mode didn't become standard in some form in battlefield post 2142. Probably my favorite battlefield mode.

Titan mode ! YAS

Would be so amazing in this.. And in anything since BF2142 (where it was, indeed, also amazing).

Imagine capturing points and then having to board a Medium class star ship hovering in the atmosphere... Shiiiit !

Would be the best mode ever. Never understood why titan mode didn't become standard in some form in battlefield post 2142. Probably my favorite battlefield mode.

That was the only game with Titans. I love Carrier Assault, but it's just not the same.

Apeboy

Ah you again...

Not all of Dice are on vacation. And srsly grant DICE some time. Getting this done in 2 years was probably very stressful.

And we will probably only see one more patch this months. More stuff will happen next year.
By the the time the summer comes around, Battlefront will probably play very different.

meh, the grumpy, get off my lawn, old guy in me is so done with the "omg games are made by slave labor" especially when you talk about a house that is making a game that is right in their wheelhouse. everyone knew what they are getting into from the start.

I hope all those people in the twitter post are artists, sound, frostbite engine, marketing, mailroom guy, janitor and their families and hope they had one hell of a good time.

The game designers? The ones who have had experience with the BF series for over a decade? The ones who mailed it in and decided balancing, spawn, and other basic shit they didn't bother with, can wait? Not so much.

They torpedoed the hard work by everyone else.

GeeTeeCee

Anyone else had a glitch where they can't use Star Cards after playing as a hero in Heroes vs Villains? Any time it happens I basically have to offer myself up to the nearest enemy so they can kill me and I get to respawn with working cards.

Anyone else had a glitch where they can't use Star Cards after playing as a hero in Heroes vs Villains? Any time it happens I basically have to offer myself up to the nearest enemy so they can kill me and I get to respawn with working cards.

It's a known bug introduced in the latest patch. Really annoying. Hope they patch it soon :p (my favorate "small" mode. I wonder if it's gonna increase in hero/villain amount compared to soldiers, or if it's just gonna switch between heroes, or how they plan to approach it. Would be cool to have full on 6vs6 heroes at some point.

That was the only game with Titans. I love Carrier Assault, but it's just not the same.

Yeah. I heard Carrier assault was titan mode esque ? never played battlefield 4 so can't comment. I have pretty much the rest of the franchise though.. In either case, battlefront is like Made for a mode like that !

It's a known bug introduced in the latest patch. Really annoying. Hope they patch it soon :p

Yeah. I heard Carrier assault was titan mode esque ? never played battlefield 4 so can't comment. I have pretty much the rest of the franchise though.. In either case, battlefront is like Made for a mode like that.

Carrier mode sounded better than it actually was, mainly due to the design of the carriers and some spawning issues.

You had to fight over 3 point on an island, until your missiles did enough damage on the carrier to open it, then you used a boat or heli or the terribly managed parachute spawn above the enemy carrier to proceed to blow up the carrier in two rush type stages.

Sounds good, but unfortunately fell short.

Ozorov

Would be pretty cool with a turning point with the death star. So you all start in a fighter squadron-thing and the imperials have to protect something and the rebels attack. X-wings vs tie-fighters or whatever. If the rebels win the battle continues on inside the death star with a final battle

GeeTeeCee

Would be pretty cool with a turning point with the death star. So you all start in a fighter squadron-thing and the imperials have to protect something and the rebels attack. X-wings vs tie-fighters or whatever. If the rebels win the battle continues on inside the death star with a final battle

Yes. I was playing Fighter Squadron mode yesterday and thinking how great it would be if there was a Death Star Trench Run mode or something similar.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I assume at some point if they were clever were going to get some more customisation options at some point as part of the season pass or separate dlc. The Stormtrooper head options just being the rebel ones are lame and lazy, there's so many different arnour options they could have gone for, there's four different basic version of the armour they could have gone with from the Clone Wars to Force Awakens, then all the variations on those. Even if they ignored the prequels there's still a ton of options they could go with instead of some lame ass heads.

Frozone

How is it that the devs put out a game that only has 1 way of ever flying the Xwing in SP mode -- Tutorial #1. That's it. The only other way to fly it is to play it in MP mode and even then you aren't guaranteed to be a Rebel. This is horrible and needs to be fixed ASAP! They need a Battles w/ships mode and a Survival w/ships mode in SP with every map you can play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom