• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this game as an early christmas present from a family member (on pc). Played 4 hours now and it's just not clicking with me at all. Every game I join the team I am on get absolutely tanked, some games I do OK but usually absolutely terrible. The enemy seems to come from absolutely everywhere and joining games in progress doesn't help me working out the flow of the game, I lose 1-on-1 gun battles all the time even though the enemy doesn't hit me first, I can see their HP is super low but then it's as if they kill me in one hit. Any tips?

At the beginning it might be better to keep your distance from the enemy, and use long range weapons. There are some pretty OP weapons for close range combat like the DLT-44 which are available to high level players. And always try to stay near cover so you can quickly hide when an enemy is shooting at you.

All of that is the skin. You are enjoying the skin of the game (locations, sounds, visuals), which I think pretty much every one does. What we are saying is take that skin and apply it to better gameplay, like Battlefield or the original Battlefront games. That's what a reskin means.

No, like I said, I'm enjoying the gameplay as well. More than Battlefield. So I'm ok with the fact that it's not Battlefield with a Star Wars skin.

Finally got Origin working again, but now I see the game's still got the broken matchmaking that was introduced earlier this week. Can't find an active game for any game mode, in either playlist.

Got this game as an early christmas present from a family member (on pc). Played 4 hours now and it's just not clicking with me at all. Every game I join the team I am on get absolutely tanked, some games I do OK but usually absolutely terrible. The enemy seems to come from absolutely everywhere and joining games in progress doesn't help me working out the flow of the game, I lose 1-on-1 gun battles all the time even though the enemy doesn't hit me first, I can see their HP is super low but then it's as if they kill me in one hit. Any tips?

Learn to use your radar and use the scout trait yourself. Take them by surprise.
Play the big modes to get used to the gunplay. Smaller modes are very fast paced and are flooded with players using the DL-44, the most op short to midrange gun in the game.
And last but certainly not least: have fun and don't worry about your k/d too much. Don't let that ruin this amazing game for you.

MrKai

Neo Member

Play Heroes vs Villain mode. Ignore the rest of the game.

nowarning

Thanks for the suggestions guys, should have mentioned I am pretty well-versed in FPS/TPS games so using the mini-map and stuff is second nature. I've been playing in third person mostly then using first person to use the weapon's zoom for longer range.

I think that's the gun I've been killed by the most, not 100% but it's han solo's gun right?

I've been playing walker assault and supremacy, to be honest I'm having zero fun because every game I get destroyed haha. Think I just need to stick at it.

GobFather

If you were in a party chat then you were already in a party, the game uses the PS4 party chat as its party system. So you've got a bunch of icons at the top, the first two will be you and a partner, then it will be a few icons for those in your party chat, then the rest of the icons will be those who are online. If you are in a party chat you are already together, when one of you enters a game it invites the rest of the people playing the game in the same party chat as well if they are sitting at one of the main menu screens.

So I play with a few people, we make the party chat group first and load up the game, we partner off with each other, then one of us initiates a mode and the rest of us get invites and can choose to join that game.

Thank you so much. I will try it again tonight :)

I haven't played Walker Assault in a while and now I remember why. Playing as the Empire is the worst fucking thing now. You think you are winning because the Rebels can't get more than 3 Y-Wing ,but no, tow cables.

Been listening to star wars audiobooks while playing Star Wars Battlefront while I have my tickets for thursday night on my desk in front of me. SO damn pumped.

I just did the achievement for trampling 25 enemies with the ATST, that was hilarious and annoying at the same time. That feeling when you get a crowd of enemies, march towards them, then get blown away by rockets...

Has anyone done the missions on master difficulty yet? Are they as difficult as they sound?

Ferr986

Thanks for the suggestions guys, should have mentioned I am pretty well-versed in FPS/TPS games so using the mini-map and stuff is second nature. I've been playing in third person mostly then using first person to use the weapon's zoom for longer range.

I think that's the gun I've been killed by the most, not 100% but it's han solo's gun right?

I've been playing walker assault and supremacy, to be honest I'm having zero fun because every game I get destroyed haha. Think I just need to stick at it.

Two shotted? then don't worry is not you, is people using the DL-44. Is broken as fuck.

DL-44 is only deadly at close range. Medium and long range it has only 19% dmg per shot... and it usually takes a lot more than 5 shots to kill. I don't get all the complaints. If you only play blast or droid run I can understand, but in bigger modes it doesn't do that much of a difference. I play with the B-21 a lot too, it's much MUCH better than the DL-44 at long range.

jesu

OMG I just played Heroes Vs Villains for the first time OMG
I just had a nerdgasm.

That was amazing, I was Luke and Han for a bit.
Had no clue what I was doing though.

Is there a bug though when half your buttons don't work?
As rebel scum left and right bumper didn't work, LB+RB didn't work either.

edit, sometimes
Sometimes they did work.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
DL-44 is only deadly at close range. Medium and long range it has only 19% dmg per shot... and it usually takes a lot more than 5 shots to kill. I don't get all the complaints. If you only play blast or droid run I can understand, but in bigger modes it doesn't do that much of a difference. I play with the B-21 a lot too, it's much MUCH better than the DL-44 at long range.

The more I see this, the more I think it is glitched or bugged. Because there have been plenty of times I was two shotted from medium and a bit further, left wondering, WTF?!. Especially if they have overcharge.
OMG I just played Heroes Vs Villains for the first time OMG
I just had a nerdgasm.

That was amazing, I was Luke and Han for a bit.
Had no clue what I was doing though.

Is there a bug though when half your buttons don't work?
As rebel scum left and right bumper didn't work, LB+RB didn't work either.

Yes, there is a bug where when you start the round, you have to die before they work. It was introduced with the recent patch.

And it is a fun mode.

Been listening to star wars audiobooks while playing Star Wars Battlefront while I have my tickets for thursday night on my desk in front of me. SO damn pumped.

I just did the achievement for trampling 25 enemies with the ATST, that was hilarious and annoying at the same time. That feeling when you get a crowd of enemies, march towards them, then get blown away by rockets...

Has anyone done the missions on master difficulty yet? Are they as difficult as they sound?

Master difficulty Battles are pretty easy they just require patience.

Master difficulty missions on Hoth, Sullust and Endor can be cheesed.

Master difficulty on Tatooine is the only difficult one tbh.

Ferr986

The more I see this, the more I think it is glitched or bugged. Because there have been plenty of times I was two shotted from medium and a bit further, left wondering, WTF?!. Especially if they have overcharge.

yeah me too, I've been two shotted by the DL44 at mid range and farther than that lots of times.

jesu

Yes, there is a bug where when you start the round, you have to die before they work. It was introduced with the recent patch.

And it is a fun mode.

Fixable then, they must know about it.
Is that on all platforms?
Weird if it is.

Tubie

yeah me too, I've been two shotted by the DL44 at mid range and farther than that lots of times.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=DL-44

It will 2 shot you (2 shots for body 1 for head shots) up to 20m.

Keep in mind, it can still 2 shot at 30m if one of those shots is a head shot.

The graph in that link should give you a pretty clear picture how the damage drop off works for it.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=T-21

This one does the same damage as the DL-44 up close but it will still kill you with 3 shots at long range. I also love the T-21B for the extra zoom.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=DL-44

It will 2 shot you (2 shots for body 1 for head shots) up to 20m.

Keep in mind, it can still 2 shot at 30m if one of those shots is a head shot.

The graph in that link should give you a pretty clear picture how the damage drop off works for it.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=T-21

This one does the same damage as the DL-44 up close but it will still kill you with 3 shots at long range. I also love the T-21B for the extra zoom.
Yeah, that really needs to be dropped to 15 meters and the headshot multiplier needs to be nonexistent past 20 meters.

How are these done?

If you're in it for the spectacle, yes. Don't expect a game with any competitive depth.

I would like to know as well.

On Hoth, wait until you get a supply drop and get lucky trying to get a blasted cannon. Set up in far room on the bottom floor with said cannon and enjoy, the AT ST can't even get you.

On endor, jump pack to the highest point in the ewok village.

On Sullust, use this guide: https://youtu.be/qrG4la7vs0A

Palpable

I was with my friends on party chat on ps4 os. And I tried to invite them to party but all I can do is add them as partner.

Dude, someone being in your PS4 party chat IS THEM BEING IN YOUR BATTLEFRONT SQUAD. Once you join a game, they will see an option to follow you in. Everyone in your squad will show up as green, while your partner (you can have only 1 partner) shows up as yellow.

I haven't played Walker Assault in a while and now I remember why. Playing as the Empire is the worst fucking thing now. You think you are winning because the Rebels can't get more than 3 Y-Wing ,but no, tow cables.

Walker Assault is my most played mode. It's not hard at all to shoot the speeders tow cabling the walkers...

Dude, someone being in your PS4 party chat IS THEM BEING IN YOUR BATTLEFRONT SQUAD. Once you join a game, they will see an option to follow you in. Everyone in your squad will show up as green, while your partner (you can have only 1 partner) shows up as yellow.
This is quite annoying when you're in a large party with friends, but you're playing alone and it locks you out of game modes.
On Hoth, wait until you get a supply drop and get lucky trying to get a blasted cannon. Set up in far room on the bottom floor with said cannon and enjoy, the AT ST can't even get you.

Thanks!

Tubie

Yeah, that really needs to be dropped to 15 meters and the headshot multiplier needs to be nonexistent past 20 meters.

I agree, they need to have the damage drop off start at 10 or 15m. It doesn't bug me as much, but I can understand why people complain about it.

Walker Assault is my most played mode. It's not hard at all to shoot the speeders tow cabling the walkers...
There is no notification that the walkers are being cabled and it happens so fast. I'm focused on taking out turrets and ten seconds after the third wave appears both walkers go down from near full health.

I'll just stick to Supremacy, Drop Zone, and Turning Point.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How'd I die? Oh, right. The DL-44. How could I nearly forget?

Fuck.

Tubie

HieQdLK.png

I'm clean, only 30 kills with the DL-44.

4b5zABE.png

Well maybe not that clean after all.

J_Viper

I'm still digging this, but I'm curious to know if DICE LA will be brought in to tighten things up like they did BF4.

Anyone know who's handling DLC support?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Fixable then, they must know about it.
Is that on all platforms?
Weird if it is.

I believe it is all platforms.

The force is strong with you my friend. Thanks!

There is no notification that the walkers are being cabled and it happens so fast. I'm focused on taking out turrets and ten seconds after the third wave appears both walkers go down from near full health.

Same. It is really cheap feeling.

Sayers

Shot down my first Y wing and took out both of the speeders trying to trip the walkers.

Unfortunately, my badassery wasn't enough to make up for the incompetent jack offs on the ground so we lost anyway. Ah well, such is Battlefront.

Palpable

Do you have the audio turned off? The Imperial commander wont shut the fuck up about the walkers being cabled. I tend to let my team move up and I stay back and watch the walkers. Don't try to do 3 things at once. Stick to either shooting the lasers, moving up, or staying back to shoot speeders.

kendrid

Banned
I have an issue with Cargo. I captured 5 cargos and we won yet I was almost dead last in the rankings. The rest of my team played TDM while I ran back and forth capturing the cargo.

How is capturing cargo not worth more points than 3 or 4 kills?

I have fun with it but that is frustrating. The objective should be worth significantly more than a few kills.

Also, they should show captures on the final screen. All they show is K/D, enforcing the TDM mentality many have.

leng jai

I find it funny that there's so much crying about the DL-44 when it's an absolute non factor in the main mode of the game. I get killed by it once or twice a match in Supremacy.

Tubie

I have an issue with Cargo. I captured 5 cargos and we won yet I was almost dead last in the rankings. The rest of my team played TDM while I ran back and forth capturing the cargo.

How is capturing cargo not worth more points than 3 or 4 kills?

I have fun with it but that is frustrating. The objective should be worth significantly more than a few kills.

Also, they should show captures on the final screen. All they show is K/D, enforcing the TDM mentality many have.

That's how the whole game is right now. Points from kills is worth your time way more than objectives. They really need to fix that on multiple modes.

It's why I mostly play Blast right now. Hell, in this mode you get free 2000 game mode xp even if you do nothing in that 5-10 minute span of time.

Klocker

I find it funny that there's so much crying about the DL-44 when it's an absolute non factor in the main mode of the game. I get killed by it once or twice a match in Supremacy.

I can see that but since I play mostly drop zone, cargo and blast, I see it all the frigging time

Has there been any word on turning point coming to the other maps yet ? That and heroes vs villains are my favorate modes right now, but just having the 1 map is a bit of a shame.

Has there been any word on turning point coming to the other maps yet ? That and heroes vs villains are my favorate modes right now, but just having the 1 map is a bit of a shame.

I don't think they developed a new mode just for one map, so I think it will be coming to other maps. But the question is, will it be implemented in the existing maps or DLC only?

cripterion

Got the game for free through work and yikes does it look bad on PS4. People were amazed by the graphics in the OT so didn't think I would notice the game's resolution but fucking aliasing everywhere.

Is battle of Jaku available for everyone? It's not letting me download it.

I don't think they developed a new mode just for one map, so I think it will be coming to other maps. But the question is, will it be implemented in the existing maps or DLC only?

Yeah I meant the existing maps. I was pretty surprised that the mode was only on that one new map and not on the old ones. If they categorize the maps for the different modes, the other big maps should have this mode as well. I have to assume at this point that it was a matter of not having enough time to integrate the mode.. At least that's what I hope, so that it'll come to the other maps in a patch.

Yeah I meant the existing maps. I was pretty surprised that the mode was only on that one new map and not on the old ones. If they categorize the maps for the different modes, the other big maps should have this mode as well. I have to assume at this point that it was a matter of not having enough time to integrate the mode.. At least that's what I hope, so that it'll come to the other maps in a patch.

Hope so to. Turning point on Endor would be awesome.

Codiox

Got the game for free through work and yikes does it look bad on PS4. People were amazed by the graphics in the OT so didn't think I would notice the game's resolution but fucking aliasing everywhere.

Is battle of Jaku available for everyone? It's not letting me download it.

I would let check your eyes by a doctor dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom