• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I just recently hit level 17 and the first thing I did was buy the EE-3

Oh my god. What a beast. Legit game changer that blaster

just picked this up on pc at the beginning of the weekend and I'm getting fucking crushed. Seems like I'm getting one shotted all the time and none of my weapons do any damage. Is it best to fine aim or just shoot from the hip?
I found out that third person shoot from the hip works wonders for me. I only really aim when they're quite far away.

chriskun

Man I just recently hit level 17 and the first thing I did was buy the EE-3

Oh my god. What a beast. Legit game changer that blaster

I found out that third person shoot from the hip works wonders for me. I only really aim when they're quite far away.

Thanks for the advice. Also can't believe how unbalanced the guns are in this game, there's absolutely no reason to go back to any of the starting guns

Tycho_b

Walker Assault is just a camp fest. I die a few seconds after spawning.

Definitely.. Since launch I was enjoying the game less and less. Sure people learnt how to play, but at the beginning it was a nice, reckless blast for me.

Now all the bad habits from online gaming are present- same people get hero ships in all squadron games I join, some know spawn points by heart now and position themselves for easy kills. On Jakku they just camp from the sides, using dunes as cover, come very close and score easy. On Sullust they hide between these large blocks and waint untill Empire troopers run towards then shoot in the backs.

Unless You play in a party You have little chances to point them to others and eliminate.

Jinjo

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_(2016)

I find that very interesting. I guess it means they left a very small group from DICE Sweden to handle the Battlefront DLC, kinda like what Visceral did with Hardline.

This means DICE LA is probably going to be called upon to work on BF5 instead of Battlefront.

Well if I'm correct this is not a bad thing as DICE Stockholm is the team that fixed the mess that DICE LA made of Battlefield 4. That game is really really good now and has some excellent DLC. So I would not worry too much about the change in teams.

Also, I discovered the glory that is T21B on Turning Point. Especially on the Imperial side of things, holy hell all this rebel scum is such an easy target in the open sand dunes. Upped my KD by almost a full tenth in a night of play.

Ozorov

Well if I'm correct this is not a bad thing as DICE Stockholm is the team that fixed the mess that DICE LA made of Battlefield 4. That game is really really good now and has some excellent DLC. So I would not worry too much about the change in teams.

Also, I discovered the glory that is T21B on Turning Point. Especially on the Imperial side of things, holy hell all this rebel scum is such an easy target in the open sand dunes. Upped my KD by almost a full tenth in a night of play.
Wasn't it vice versa?

Theecliff

Banned
i swear to god this is the most poorly balanced multiplayer game i've ever played. i'm still enjoying it a lot, but damn. so fucking frustrating.

SpaceHorror

Finally picked it up last night. Played for a few hours and really enjoyed it.

I've mostly been playing Supremacy so far, with a little offline battles to fool around with the heroes. I'll jump into walker assault tonight.

I felt like the Double XP weekend is right where the XP gains should be standard.

3 or 4 Walker rounds, finishing consistently in the top 5, and I'd level. But considering how long those rounds are, that seems fair.

As is, I play round after round to see small chips off of the bar. It becomes disheartening.

But in other news, I finally feel like I have the knack for flying the fighters and air/snowspeeders. Strafing runs feel pretty rewarding. Dogfights are a blast when you have another fighter in the air with you who knows how to fly and dominate. Tow cabling AT-ATs when your team is playing badly and you wouldn't win otherwise is priceless.

Do missiles not lock/track onto Y-Wings? Despite lock and them flying slowing in straight lines, none of my missiles seem to ever hit them as I sat there blasting at them with an AT-ST. I had to shoot them down with my laser canon which is pretty easy, but still odd that my missiles dont seem to track?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So i have a confession to make. i hated the game when i first picked it up. it felt too much like battlefield which to me is running for 30 seconds then getting shot by a random person half way across the map.

But something changed last night and I went on insane killstreaks. Could be that i finally unlocked the good rifles in the game and I can finally drop fools in a few bullets. Went on a 26 killstreak to start the game with a ATST and then had like 3-4 games of 50+ kills.

I like how its more casual than CoD. i feel like i have to play out of my skin every time in CoD to get a decent KDR. It's stressful, and i feel drained every time i play it. This is just pure unadulterated fun.

26 Killstreak to start the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGu4Ck1OcgE

Went 57-14 on Endor. Mostly gun kills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt4p7ROWzk4

I'm hoping we get some different skins for the heroes and villains as the DLC starts to be released.

Luke: Ceremony outfit, Tatooine outfit, Degobah outfit
Han: Hoth outfit
Leia: Princess outfit, Endor outfit

lawnchair

Banned
i'm still having fun with the game 20+ hours in, and i realize there are a lot of balance things that will (hopefully) eventually be addressed .. but i'm still disappointed as far as what this game COULD have been. that they felt they had to make it a glossy simple package for "for a general audience" of 8 year olds or whatever. no server browser. no options for anything. so lame.

I hit level 40 this weekend thanks to the fantastic Double XP and bought my Rodian and Scout costumes. Oh, and my Tusken Raider emote. The game's fun factor increased by 7 after those purchases.

Do missiles not lock/track onto Y-Wings? Despite lock and them flying slowing in straight lines, none of my missiles seem to ever hit them as I sat there blasting at them with an AT-ST. I had to shoot them down with my laser canon which is pretty easy, but still odd that my missiles dont seem to track?

They do but it seems very fickle about the angle you shoot at it from. Some maps you can get the lock before the Y-wing strafes past the AT-AT which usually results in a Y-wing kill since the missile hit it head on.

If you get the lock right before the Y-wings turn and drop their payload then the missile has to make a sharp turn to keep track of the Y-wing and it almost never actually hits it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Hey look, another Battlefront hate thread. Haven't had one of those in a week.

It's no biggie. At this point, the people who want to play it are here or already checking out on their own.

Whatever issues some people have with it is fine (valid or not), but I know I'm loving the game and people here are, too. At this point the only threads I want to see on Battlefront are the ones where DLC is being announced!

grmlin

Can someone explain Fighter Squadron to me?

- is it by design that the rebels are winning nearly every match?
- why do I die sometimes after a single hit while I pump shot after shot into the enemy? This is not every time the case though, sometimes my ship seems to aim better... is this the server/connection?
- what do I have to do to get a hero ship? I never saw the pickup, only the ships.
- how in hell can some of the other players find so many enemy players? Is there a hidden "show me other humans" button I don't know about? I know that I see the name while I hover the enemy, but otherwise it's pure luck for me

Thanks a lot!

Ozorov

It's no biggie. At this point, the people who want to play it are here or already checking out on their own.

Whatever issues some people have with it is fine (valid or not), but I know I'm loving the game and people here are, too. At this point the only threads I want to see on Battlefront are the ones where DLC is being announced!

"We will have more details on Season Pass in the weeks ahead." From their twitter

- why do I die sometimes after a single hit while I pump shot after shot into the enemy? This is not every time the case though, sometimes my ship seems to aim better... is this the server/connection?
- what do I have to do to get a hero ship? I never saw the pickup, only the ships.
- how in hell can some of the other players find so many enemy players? Is there a hidden "show me other humans" button I don't know about? I know that I see the name while I hover the enemy, but otherwise it's pure luck for me

Thanks a lot!

-no, the A-wing is really difficult to hit, hopefully will be adjusted in the future

-Your speed affects your blaster strength. The slower you fly, the more powerful the blasters and vice versa. So if you are full throttle trying to shoot ships down, it takes a lot longer. EDIT: also I dont think the game does a great job of showing when you've been hit, so more than likely you had reduced health and someone had all power to blasters.

-Hero ships are icon pick ups around the map. There can only be one on each team at any given time and they have huge health bars so a lot of the time the match ends before they die.

-As far as I know the only way to tell if its a human is to try and target them, or if you fly close enough you see their handles. You can also kind of pick up who is a human and who is AI by how they fly.

BizzyBum

Thanks a lot!

1. Rebels clearly have the advantage currently with the A-Wing plus the shield powerup which the Empire does not have (they just have a speed boost). Also, there's a glitch currently where the Falcon can run into the Slave I with shields on and destroy the Slave I and come out of it unscratched.

2. It's possible your opponent popped their shields if they are Rebels.

3. They are a pick-up on the map. They aren't randomized so you can YouTube their locations and look out for them next time.

4. The only way I know is having their name shown when locking on. I usually just go for anyone, too.

Ambitious

Wow. I chased the Slave with the Falcon for like a minute and got a truckload of points. I don't even know how many because the counter was still going up when the match ended, but it was more than 4200 points. The final score was 10.000.

grmlin

-no, the A-wing is really difficult to hit, hopefully will be adjusted in the future

-Your speed affects your blaster strength. The slower you fly, the more powerful the blasters and vice versa. So if you are full throttle trying to shoot ships down, it takes a lot longer. EDIT: also I dont think the game does a great job of showing when you've been hit, so more than likely you had reduced health and someone had all power to blasters.

-Hero ships are icon pick ups around the map. There can only be one on each team at any given time and they have huge health bars so a lot of the time the match ends before they die.

-As far as I know the only way to tell if its a human is to try and target them, or if you fly close enough you see their handles. You can also kind of pick up who is a human and who is AI by how they fly.

1. Rebels clearly have the advantage currently with the A-Wing plus the shield powerup which the Empire does not have (they just have a speed boost). Also, there's a glitch currently where the Falcon can run into the Slave I with shields on and destroy the Slave I and come out of it unscratched.

2. It's possible your opponent popped their shields if they are Rebels.

3. They are a pick-up on the map. They aren't randomized so you can YouTube their locations and look out for them next time.

4. The only way I know is having their name shown when locking on. I usually just go for anyone, too.

Alright. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom