• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiator

Hey everyone,
I finished all the online trophies :) Just hit my 50 due to double xp.
I am stumped on Ackbar's Elite and On the Ball... ( Finish a Master Survival match in under 35 minutes, and finish Master Survival without dying)
Does anyone have any tips???
Thanks for your time.

So after watching The Force Awakens, I think we can say that helmet less stormtroopers aren't really a thing... Making their inclusion in this game even more ridiculous.

Toa TAK

Banned
Oh, add supremacy to the list of modes I've barely played. I usually just play WA, cargo, and drop zone. I need to expand.

Nah I feel ya. I usually stick to WA and occasionally Fighter Squadron for the extra XP.

But now that I've maxed ranked, WA it is. Turning Point on occasion, but that mode really needs more maps. I love that gametype.

Hey everyone,
I finished all the online trophies :) Just hit my 50 due to double xp.
I am stumped on Ackbar's Elite and On the Ball... ( Finish a Master Survival match in under 35 minutes, and finish Master Survival without dying)
Does anyone have any tips???
Thanks for your time.
Haha, I'm stuck on those, too.

Hoth is supposed to be the easiest since you can hide in the hangar in the back. I would recommend beating it on Hard first so you can use your multiplayer hand.

Mattiator

Nah I feel ya. I usually stick to WA and occasionally Fighter Squadron for the extra XP.

But now that I've maxed ranked, WA it is. Turning Point on occasion, but that mode really needs more maps. I love that gametype.

Haha, I'm stuck on those, too.

Hoth is supposed to be the easiest since you can hide in the hangar in the back. I would recommend beating it on Hard first so you can use your multiplayer hand.

Thanks for the response maybe I will take it down on hard myself tonight to unlock my hands.

If you don't get it done and are free in the future and need a hand feel free to add me.
I am pst and have work and kids and whatnot so my schedule is messy but I can make time.

Toa TAK

Banned
Thanks for the response maybe I will take it down on hard myself tonight to unlock my hands.

If you don't get it done and are free in the future and need a hand feel free to add me.
I am pst and have work and kids and whatnot so my schedule is messy but I can make time.

Haha, cool. Xbox One?

Toa TAK

Banned
Damnnn PS4, sorry I shouldn't assume things!
Good luck and if I do find a good strategy ill let ya know!

latest

Ah well. Good luck to you, sir!

leng jai

What is this disgusting tactic of jet packing and then using bowcaster mid air? The amount of lame bullshit in this game is insane.

PrankT

What is this disgusting tactic of jet packing and then using bowcaster mid air? The amount of lame bullshit in this game is insane.
That's the latest thing. It's one of the more annoying card sets because you can't escape the bowcaster beams. Pair it with Bounty Hunter and you can keep doing it at level 3.

Toa TAK

Banned

That's the latest thing. It's one of the more annoying card sets because you can't escape the bowcaster beams. Pair it with Bounty Hunter and you can keep doing it at level 3.

Not just that, but they also have it set with Explosive shot as well.

It's a nightmare.

BizzyBum

Fully upgraded bowcaster with jetpack is easily the most broken thing in the game even ahead of the DL-44 and Homing Shot, IMO.

Tubie

Hope double XP rolls around again at some point, maybe when the DLC drops.

For BF4 they did a full 2XP week last year as a new year's/holiday celebration thing. I think it ran from like the 28th till the 4th.

Maybe they'll do something like that with Battlefront to catch up all the new people getting into this game on the 25th.

Jinjo

I'm hoping we get some different skins for the heroes and villains as the DLC starts to be released.

Luke: Ceremony outfit, Tatooine outfit, Degobah outfit
Han: Hoth outfit
Leia: Princess outfit, Endor outfit

That'd be nice, but I hope to god - with a season pass at that price - the DLC isn't just gonna be a few new maps and hero reskins. Hopefully some thematic DLC, like TFA-DLC with the heroes from that movie. Or a prequel DLC set just to throw in some variety.

Obi Wan as a new hero seems too obvious.

Ozorov

That'd be nice, but I hope to god - with a season pass at that price - the DLC isn't just gonna be a few new maps and hero reskins. Hopefully some thematic DLC, like TFA-DLC with the heroes from that movie. Or a prequel DLC set just to throw in some variety.

Obi Wan as a new hero seems too obvious.
We will get 16 new maps, 20+ new starcards, vehicles and weapons, 4 new modes and 4 new heroes and villians. Plus free maps and star cards. And Yoda is listed as a voiceover at imdb

Surprisingly I haven't been on the wrong end of that combination very often. What makes it so OP, outside of being a one-hit kill? Does it home in?

EL CUCO

Used a speeder bike for the first time. Who ever designed the controls for that thing must not sleep well at night.

I was expecting something like what a Sparrow in Destiny feels like, I have no clue what that was lol

Dont think I'll hop on one again, if not for the lulz.

Edit: Another page topper??
darth.gif

I'm sorry but if you become a hero on WA you have a duty to either protects the M-Coms or disable them.

Frustates me no end when I see heroes being used in dumb dumb ways.

Dr Prob

Banned
What makes it so OP, outside of being a one-hit kill? Does it home in?

No, but at level 3, bodyguard trait resets your cooldowns with each kill. So basically you jetpack up in the air, fire a fully charged bowcaster shot at the ground near someone/a group (it does explosive damage and the projectiles spread out horizontally so you don't have to be super accurate or anything), then when you get the kills, do it again. Plus, at level 3 you have a high chance of getting a powerup with each kill as well so you could also be pulling rocket launchers and imploders out of your butt in the process.

Now to be fair, you have to get to level 3 first, it's not terribly useful indoors, and the counter is to just fly away with your own jetpack if you see someone doing it, so I don't know that it's way overpowered (lots of shit in this game seems op, but if everything's op, then nothing is op. balance!), but it is more spam in an already spammy game.

...bought my Rodian and Scout costumes. Oh, and my Tusken Raider emote. The game's fun factor increased by 7 after those purchases.

heh. Bought the Rodian head and Tusken emote too (with droid dance, tusken and noooooooo, I have an appropriate emote for any situation!) . Unfortunately the fun factor didn't seem to increase in my experience :(

I've come to accept that the spine of the game just isn't terribly interesting to me, and being the spine, that's unlikely to change outside of some really different dlc experiences. With that said, can still see myself playing a bit here and there, but really hope they implement some big fixes soon. For example, I don't think the air spawns (dropping someone into the playable area with no control over the ship for a time while enemy ships are allowed to camp behind the spawn) are acceptable at all for a game of this era, 2005 era or whatever. It's shit in any era!

pacman85

any idea on when we will find out anything about the first season pass expansion pack? like when it will come out, what it will contain, size, etc?

hydruxo

Just saw the movie. Yeah...I'm gonna need some TFA dlc as soon as possible. Hope we get an announcement right after New Years because I'm fiending for some news about the dlc.

grmlin

So I tried Fighter squadron again and after decreasing the sensitivity of my controls (PS4) I did much much better and even ended on top of the board. yay!

Interfectum

Just saw the movie. Yeah...I'm gonna need some TFA dlc as soon as possible. Hope we get an announcement right after New Years because I'm fiending for some news about the dlc.

Yeah I'm with you. I haven't bought the season pass yet but if they introduce even a few cool TFA content items, I'll jump in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom