• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst match ever just occurred. These Guys goes 78-0, 45-0 and 37-0 because they literally stayed in a ship the entire match. I know i suck at multiplayer shooters already but boring,cheap stuff like that just makes a casual multiplayer guy like me not wanna play.

This definitely needs more maps for the 40 player modes. And it feels like the amount of credits given is such a low amount making leveling seem so grindy. Game could definitely use some xp battlepack bonuses like bf4 too just to help the credit situation.

I really like the game though but I get some of the complaints people have had regarding content now that I've had a few days with it.

NeatoKuni

I'm going insane right now because I'm playing split screen and for some reason it keeps switching the aim to toggle. Like it'll be set to hold for 30 seconds and then switch back mid game. Is anyone else having that issue?

EL CUCO

Won every Walker Assault match we played as Rebels tonight. Feels good to stomp out the Imperials in that game mode
HRhueGa.jpg

lawnchair

Banned
i definitely would like to see some new maps. some more urban-ish stuff would be great. they haven't touched cloud city, mos eisley, the death star.. still plenty of good OT stuff to be mined.

Vard

i definitely would like to see some new maps. some more urban-ish stuff would be great. they haven't touched cloud city, mos eisley, the death star.. still plenty of good OT stuff to be mined.
Yea, that would be awesome. I think we'll definitely get at least some of those locations in DLC.

I just wished they had used the BF approach and make maps that can be adjust per mode. It stinks that not all maps work with all modes when that was one of the great things that DICE did with the BF games.

The Chef

I've been killed like 5 times in the Battle of Jakku map because I stop and stare at the Super Star Destroyer crashing into the ground in the distance followed by a massive billowing cloud. Its the coolest thing I've ever seen as a background element in a game.

Won every Walker Assault match we played as Rebels tonight. Feels good to stomp out the Imperials in that game mode

Lately, it seems like winning as Imperials in Walker Assault is the harder thing to do.

Now that everyone has upgraded Ion Torpedoes and the knowledge of cannon placements, stacking damage on AT-ATs is easy. I've had games where we were just wrecked out of Y-Wings in a segment, getting maybe only 2, and still managed to drop a quarter of an AT-AT's health.

leng jai

They really need to improve how points are awarded for taking control points in Supremacy. It absolutely stinks how you can be guarding a spot for ages and then not get the 250 points because you died at the last second. It should at least be 500 points in the first place, anything to give people more incentive to actually do the objectives.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I've been killed like 5 times in the Battle of Jakku map because I stop and stare at the Super Star Destroyer crashing into the ground in the distance followed by a massive billowing cloud. Its the coolest thing I've ever seen as a background element in a game.

same this game has the best sky boxes love watching the wampa chase the tauntauns on hoth

I just wished they had used the BF approach and make maps that can be adjust per mode. It stinks that not all maps work with all modes when that was one of the great things that DICE did with the BF games.
What? Everyone always complained about that because maps were either built first with Conquest in mind or with Rush in mind and the other modes sucked on them. The Battlefield community has been asking DICE to make specialized maps for modes for years.

What? Everyone always complained about that because maps were either built first with Conquest in mind or with Rush in mind and the other modes sucked on them. The Battlefield community has been asking DICE to make specialized maps for modes for years.

well, if the options are:

-conquest maps that are sectioned off for other modes but every mode has the same amount of maps
-maps made for specific modes meaning some modes have at most a handful of maps.

I would always go with the former than the latter. As someone who played tons of TDM in BF4 i never had any issues with how that was handled.

Tubie

I don't think it's a good thing if it means only 4 maps for the main game modes tho. And besides you get 4 completely different modes that all play in the same 4 "big" maps anyways so they aren't exactly doing specific maps for specific modes. If there was Rush in this game, it would still play in one of the big maps so that problem is not really addressed here with what they did with this game.

They could've just easily cut out 10 small parts of 10 big maps for the smaller modes like TDM if they had made 10 big maps. I don't see anything special in the current small maps that could not have easily been a cut out of a larger Conquest style map, Just like they do in Battlefield.

This is all just an excuse for them, the fact is they only released the small number of maps they did because of the 18 months development schedule they had to follow. I also think that insanely short development time is the reason they didn't include Conquest Large even tho the old battlefront games had 64 player Conquest. Conquest maps would've probably been a lot more work to make than the current very linear and much smaller "big" maps we get now.

well, if the options are:

-conquest maps that are sectioned off for other modes but every mode has the same amount of maps
-maps made for specific modes meaning some modes have at most a handful of maps.

I would always go with the former than the latter. As someone who played tons of TDM in BF4 i never had any issues with how that was handled.
Your main mode in BF4 was TDM...? No wonder you didn't have any problems, TDM would work fine in a glass box.

Tubie

Your main mode in BF4 was TDM...? No wonder you didn't have any problems, TDM would work fine in a glass box.

He said he played it a lot, not that it was his main mode. I also have like 20 hours in TDM and Dom in BF4, but that's out of 560 total, it's still a considerable amount tho.

And to add to my last post, there really aren't any modes that get a special maps that are really designed for the mode, we just get small maps and big maps and a bunch of different modes thrown into them.

So this whole idea of them releasing less maps as a design decision is not valid.

I stood on the top of a hill (at the edge of the map) and watched the entire thing and nobody shot me. n00bs.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I had a lot of fun using Palpatine as an assassin on Goazan Badlands (HvV) last night. Multiple times I managed to sneak up behind wounded heroes toward the far edge of the map (the side with a bunch of crates and a tent) and zap 'em before they knew what hit 'em.

So uh, I'm pretty good at Fighter Squadron (my best mode for sure) but I have not once gotten a hero ship. Wtf. Where are they? ;_;

Quick

Banned
I had a lot of fun using Palpatine as an assassin on Goazan Badlands (HvV) last night. Multiple times I managed to sneak up behind wounded heroes toward the far edge of the map (the side with a bunch of crates and a tent) and zap 'em before they knew what hit 'em.

So uh, I'm pretty good at Fighter Squadron (my best mode for sure) but I have not once gotten a hero ship. Wtf. Where are they? ;_;

First thing I do is look around for beacons.

I was able to get the Falcon and Slave I a few times.

EL CUCO

I should probably try a different gun, other than DL-44. Figured since I paid a little extra for it I should get moneys worth tho.

hydruxo

I should probably try a different gun, other than DL-44. Figured since I paid a little extra for it I should get moneys worth tho.

Try out the SE-14C (especially with explosive shot). It's definitely my favorite gun. EE-3 is great too for WA/Supremacy.

This game is good? It's at 30€ on PC now and after i watched SW7 i hesitate with this game (+ season pass)
i never played any battlefield, just two COD a few years ago.

This game is good? It's at 30€ on PC now and after i watched SW7 i hesitate with this game (+ season pass)
i never played any battlefield, just two COD a few years ago.
It's fun in an arcadey way, meaning don't expect a ton of depth and unlocks like a typical battlefield game. The content is also thin, with some modes only having 5 maps. Hell, one mode literally has just one map.

As far as the looks and feel of the game: they nailed that stuff

Just keep you expectations low and you'll probably have a good time.

grmlin

For me it's great fun for maybe 2 hrs at a time, but as the content is somehow lacking, I would not play it for hours like I did with BF4.

I don't play all modes though, and I immediately leave a lobby when I realize that the matchmaking failed hard and put me (average player) into a team of noobs agains lvl 50 pros ;)

For example: I hate the mode where one hero fights normal soldiers. I don't see how this can be fun. It's pure luck to get the killing shot on the hero and otherwise all it does is hurting your k/d.

EL CUCO

I've been killed by the EE-3 enough to notice it. I'll definitely try it out. Still figuring out all the different star card combos.

For now just rolling with the 2 meta cards (jet packs/homing rockets). The middle card is just the radar perk but I haven't really checked what else would be effective.

If you are having connection problems with a game why wouldn't you try to fix it on your end first before blaming it on the game? So many little things could be slightly off that fuck with ports and connections. I was getting packet errors with the PSN and I adjusted my MTU on my router by 50 and it fixed it. It isnt rocket science.

hydruxo

Did you beat Base Command? I don't think I got it and am wondering if there's some other requirement to get it.

I've never done anything with Base Command and I got the 5k credits. I just assumed it was a Christmas gift for everybody but if you didn't get it then I'm not sure.

Vard

I've never done anything with Base Command and I got the 5k credits. I just assumed it was a Christmas gift for everybody but if you didn't get it then I'm not sure.
Cool. I haven't checked today, but I was playing last night and heard about the 5k credits then. I'll try later today and see if I get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom