• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

If you are having connection problems with a game why wouldn't you try to fix it on your end first before blaming it on the game? So many little things could be slightly off that fuck with ports and connections. I was getting packet errors with the PSN and I adjusted my MTU on my router by 50 and it fixed it. It isnt rocket science.

When other games are working fine, why would one blame it on oneself when one particular game fails to work properly?

Tubie

So many Battlefront PS4 bundles will be opened tomorrow!

I feel sorry
not sorry
for all the new players I will introduce to the DL-44 and the Homing Shot.

Finally gave in to the dark side and tried the DL-44 out again.

Easy mode activated.
I loathe using the DL-44, only because it is so OP. I love the gun, as it's so iconic, but it really needs to be balanced. Sadly, I find myself having to use it just to stay competitive in Blast. Though I only make that concession when there are more than a couple other players using it.

PARANO1A

I am wanting to buy this on PC now it's on sale, but I only play games with a controller. Is it true there's no aim assist type functionality on PC so you aren't instantly dominated by kb/m users? If so - is it going to be a complete waste of time and money?

Durden77

Yay just scored this for Christmas! I played it a lot on release, but didn't want to drop the 60$ on it myself. Especially because I might buy the season's pass. Perfect Christmas gift though!

The title screen is awesome. It was awesome at launch with the AT-AT, but the C3PO R2 stuff is the shit man. The good shit.

hydruxo

Bespin, Jabba's Palace, Dagobah, Death Star 1 and 2, and maybe Yavin 4 for locaitons; Lando, Chewbacca, old Obi-Wan and Yoda for characters.

4 heroes and no villains? I doubt they'd leave the villains in the dust like that, even with the lack of characters to choose from.

I think for heroes we'll get Chewie and Lando for sure. I'd have liked to see Obi Wan instead of Lando but there's no more lightsaber users to add from the OT for the Empire to counter him so I think they'll go with Lando. Yoda was way too old in the OT so I doubt we'll see him.

For villains the best bets would probably be between Greedo, Bossk, Tarkin, or IG-88. Could be any two of those four I think, which really drives home how disappointing it is that they aren't doing TFA or prequel DLC.

I imagine each dlc will be focused on one planet, with several maps made for that planet like the base game handled the planets. One planet, maybe 4 map variations for that planet and some new cards/heroes

JDHarbs

I imagine each dlc will be focused on one planet, with several maps made for that planet like the base game handled the planets. One planet, maybe 4 map variations for that planet and some new cards/heroes
I could see this being the case. There really aren't that many OT locations that they could do, even less that had actual combat on them too. Places like Dagobah or Jabba's Palace would be welcomed, but don't seem needed in my opinion.

Tantive IV pack
Death Star pack
Cloud City pack
Space
Fighter Squadron pack

Chewy and Lando seem like locks for Heroes to me. I don't see Obi-Wan or Yoda necessary when they would fit more nicely into prequels-era content in future games or a potential Season 2 DLC. Villains are really dificult to think of when all that really remains is Tarkin as far as important villains goes. It would be interesting to see them dive into the EU some more like they did with Sullust, but for characters this time.

16BitNova

Are you supposed to be able to see a big destroyed crash on the Jakku map? I see a little one crash in the distance on a loop. But that's about it.

Roussow

So what are everyone's predictions for DLC now that we know it's all OT era?

I'll quote my post from the thread about that announcement:

Trying to think of potential heroes and villains here from the OT that would actually make a lick of sense.

Heroes:
Ben Kenobi (Slower paced Jedi, maybe more ranged abilities, mind tricks to turn one to your side?)
Chewbacca (Gives them the opportunity to have an actual decent Bowcaster in the game, plus he could have some strong fucking melee)
Yoda (Although I don't want him, as he'd likely be wielding a lightsaber, and the Emperors moveset shows they aren't afraid to pull from the prequels, so it's actually very possible)
Lando? (Probably the worst suggestion, if they armed him, he'd just be Han from a gameplay perspective)

Villains:
I'll say up front, I think the Wampa is the best suggestion, which is a sad state of affairs, so without Phasma or Kylo Ren, villains are slim pickings.
Basically any of the Bounty Hunters (All great designs, they're vague enough to make them whatever you want, gameplay wise)
Greedo? (Again, not great but I can't think of anyone other villains that actually wields a weapon -- also his race is already in the game, so he actually doesn't really work at all even from a design perspective)
Someone suggested Jabba, he'd be super gimmicky, but if he was a more static character, it could bring something different to the table.
Heck, he's not really a villain, but running around beating people up as a melee / tank Wampa would be dope, too.

OH and Scarlacc Pits! DICE, you gotta include those somehow, even if it's going to be another sand map.

There's one already in the game.
maxresdefault.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
There's already one of those in the game.

Isn't it (or they) on the edges of the map, though, or am I missing one somewhere else?

Nope, you guys are right. I completely forgot about that one. -_-'

Since I'm top of the page, here's a gif, proving you, too, can bring down a Speeder with your little friend:

r4xLqdb.gif

Palpable

Are you supposed to be able to see a big destroyed crash on the Jakku map? I see a little one crash in the distance on a loop. But that's about it.

(If you're talking about the small Jakku map) When the rebels are winning, keep an eye on the side of the map with the large cliff. Look at the Star Destroyer with all the battle scars (closest one) and it'll crash into the ground. The big Jakku map has a Super Star Destroyer crashing at the beginning.

adj_noun

Oh my gosh, it was a Christmas miracle. Went into Fighter Squadron as an Imperial and there couldn't have been more than 1, 2 A-Wings, tops. Everyone else was X-Wings.

They got annihilated.

Thank you Christmas noobs. ;_; Thank you.

Durden77

Since that Twitter statement implies that each Battlefront release will concentrate on one era of Star Wars, I really hope that they make them all combinable somehow. I would hate to have to put in Battlefront 2 just for prequel stuff, and 3 for VII-IX stuff. Especially if each version has improvements. I don't want 2 to be 'better" than 1 so that it's the one everyone should be playing, and the OT game is just gone like a previous year CoD.

In a dream world, there will be 3 new Battlefronts, each concentrating on each trilogy, that all combine to make one massive glorious Star Wars game. I kind of doubt it, but that would be incredible. And I would totally be fine with the fact that this game is only focusing on the OT because of it.

hydruxo

Another double xp event? Awesome! Went from rank 22 to 42 with it last weekend so it's time to go hit 50 now and get that shadow trooper :)

Even pc got a pretty decent bump. Also I'm guessing the Bowcaster is the new fad atm, everyone is using it now.

Wow, peak is now at 164k for PS4 and 107k for Xbone. I feel sorry for anyone who bought it on PC.

Also, fuck the subreddit. It has just turned into a circlejerk hatefest with the new PC Master Race mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom