• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

I just ended a Blast round at 31-1, and I wasn't even using the DL-44. The other side had like 4 people with stats like 1-18 or something similar.

It almost makes me feel bad for new people, but at least double xp should help them unlock the jet pack and the level 15 traits much faster.

Alienous

It's the thought that counts, bro. Not even joking.

Of course. Which is why I can't get rid of it, at least for awhile.

A valuable contribution indeed

I wouldn't go that far.

But seriously, you're right. This is probably not the best thread, and I didn't mean anything too negative by me saying that. Just that it's the first time I've ever received a present that I felt burdened by and it happened to be this.

I clocked out of Battlefront 3 hours into the 10 hour Xbox One trial, so I'm not just shitting on it for the sake of it. Anyway I can see it just generating negativity so I'll see myself out. Apologies.

EL CUCO

This Christmas noob invasion couldn't have come BEFORE they nerfed Boba Fett? I'm trying to 100-0!
Dont worry, they wont even know how to use him properly. I just ran into a Han Solo that give me the Deer in headlights look. Had me enough time to fill him with DL-44 and a rocket for the kill. Almost felt bad doing the shimmy ion shake after the wreckage.

No Love

Banned
Already get #1 or #2 almost every match, can't imagine how much fun Blast and Fighter Squadron will be for the next 2 weeks. Noobs beware 😈

Theecliff

Banned
yeah, i'm not finding any of these matches full of christmas newcomers you guys are talking about. last walker assault i was on the vast majority of the empire side were full of scout and dark trooper skins, dl-44's, and homing shots everywhere - was extremely frustrating to say the least. been on a losing streak for a bit now.

Ozorov

Am I the only one that is very variated in my rounds in this game?

One game I can go like 40-10 and the next like 15-15. With the same teams

yeah, i'm not finding any of these matches full of christmas newcomers you guys are talking about. last walker assault i was on the vast majority of the empire side were full of scout and dark trooper skins, dl-44's, and homing shots everywhere - was extremely frustrating to say the least. been on a losing streak for a bit now.

I'm definitely finding matches full of newcomers, but mostly on the team I'm in :-(

Am I the only one that is very variated in my rounds in this game?

One game I can go like 40-10 and the next like 15-15. With the same teams

Same here. I hardly ever go negative, but on a bad day I also struggle to go positive. Luckily almost all modes are objective based, and I care more about playing the objective then my k/d

Malcolm9

Just finished an official survey I was sent for this game, would be good to get feedback to them asap to make the game better, it's lacking quite a bit at the moment.

Malcolm9

Any questions about the dlc? :)

Yes, they ask about how you feel about content from the prequels and The Force Awakens, what things you would like added ie maps,modes,weapons etc.

There are quite a few questions, it takes about 10 minutes if you go through it properly.

Hopefully they take notice of it.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Does anyone have any hot tips for improving KDR in the large modes? I've gotten good enough now that after a few warm-up rounds I'm regularly scoring pretty decently in things like Cargo and Heroes vs Villains, but when I hop into stuff like Supremacy I'm still all over the place (unless I hop inside an A-Wing or something).

Ozorov

Does anyone have any hot tips for improving KDR in the large modes? I've gotten good enough now that after a few warm-up rounds I'm regularly scoring pretty decently in things like Cargo and Heroes vs Villains, but when I hop into stuff like Supremacy I'm still all over the place (unless I hop inside an A-Wing or something).

Do not rush into things

Braag

So far I'm enjoying this a lot more than BF3 or BF4.
Maybe it's the simplicity or the fact that it's Star Wars but it' a lot of fun.

Cycler rifle or pulse cannon maybe?
The Cycler Rifle and Pusle cannon.

Thanks. This might take a while lol, not high enough for the Cycler yet and I'm crap at chipping away enough health for the Pulse to be a one hit kill.

Finally hit 25. Bought the DL-44, played a Blast round... this thing is absurd. I'm not great at the game and I figured I was just being whiny by saying that I get killed by it a lot, but holy crap. Had to save the recording of the round just because.

Ozorov

Thanks. This might take a while lol, not high enough for the Cycler yet and I'm crap at chipping away enough health for the Pulse to be a one hit kill.

Finally hit 25. Bought the DL-44, played a Blast round... this thing is absurd. I'm not great at the game and I figured I was just being whiny by saying that I get killed by it a lot, but holy crap. Had to save the recording of the round just because.
Tbh I'm doing better with the DL-17 :)

hydruxo

-Your radar is your best friend
-Don't rush into areas alone
-Use explosive shot or scan pulse extensively
-Use your jetpack as a defensive tool to get out of tight spots / losing gunfights

Red Comet

So I'm thinking that I sort of want to try this game out now, but I don't know if I should go PC or PS4. On one hand I have a PC that can max this out and I imagine it would look great, but on the other hand I'm worried about the size of the community.

Toa TAK

Banned
So I'm thinking that I sort of want to try this game out now, but I don't know if I should go PC or PS4. On one hand I have a PC that can max this out and I imagine it would look great, but on the other hand I'm worried about the size of the community.

PS4. It's got the largest playerbase, and I don't see the PC community lingering any longer.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Okay, so I admit that I am totally one of the a-hole dissers from the other thread, but I'm actually contemplating getting the game because I haven't played a fun MP game to just mess around in in a long time. I was deciding b/w this and Destiny but I'm not a fan of the latter's grinding-progression system.

That's said, what should I expect from playing? - by that I mean "unofficial player ground rules" rather than gameplay.

Malcolm9

You don't need to chip away before using the pulse, just charge it up first and then aim and shoot, insta kill.

Christ, the fresh meat is really nooby. Just got 15 kills like Luke in 10 seconds on Tatooine Supremacy because there were about 17 Imperials all bunched together in one canyon.

Okay, so I admit that I am totally one of the a-hole dissers from the other thread, but I'm actually contemplating getting the game because I haven't played a fun MP game to just mess around in in a long time. I was deciding b/w this and Destiny but I'm not a fan of the latter's grinding-progression system.

That's said, what should I expect from playing? - by that I mean "unofficial player ground rules" rather than gameplay.

One of us one of us one of us

This is a very casual, though, there some depth, game oozing SW from every crevice.

A perfect game to either get really invested in or play a few games here and there to satisfy some MP or SW itch. It works well either way.

Toa TAK

Banned

Do it man.

Just do it. It's fun, nab it quick while its on sale.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
So I finally got around to joining a BattlefrontGAF room. I'm JeffJaqi.

I'm new to online gaming. Like, fresh-as-snow new. How do I get a chat going in these rooms? I'd love to get some strategizing going with y'all.

PrankT

Same, most games I've been in have a lot of maxed out players on both sides. Been fun though since hardly anyone has been using homing shot or bowcaster in my matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom