• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
players from europe/germany please add me <3 psn:
eagel

I am shy, but would be happy to have some people to play with.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
A KDR that's anything above 2:1 is probably never going to happen for me. As it stands I'm like .90.

Had some great Cargo matches just now though.

BizzyBum

Had some fun on Hoth, all I have left to do is reach that elusive 100 match, closest has been docking bay 94.

How the fuck do you go 85-0? Like, there's only two ways I can think of and that's using an A-Wing or hero all match and the other team is so atrocious they never kill you. lol

On the subject of weapon stats, it's all about dat sweet e-11

I dunno, I'm not feeling the E-11 too much. For up close I much prefer the SE-14C or DH-17 which is beastly and longer range I usually either just pop the Pulse Cannon or close the gap with jet pack and Bowcaster.

Explosive Shot and Scan Pulse star cards are also way too strong. I've seen a single burst kill someone using an explosive SE-14C and that thing fires fast and accurate. I watch streams and these people have like 700 in reserve so they literally just use these cards the entire match.

MADGAME

Still having a blast with the game, but came to gripe about Orbital Strike.I keep getting a bug, it won't trigger even though the targeting circle is blue and in a playable area. Happens both on foot and in an AT-AT but much more often on foot.

Oh and lol at Junland Waste Imperial pre-game spawns
STAR%20WARStrade%20Battlefronttrade_20151225232140_zpsqxepsijz.png

Jinaar

Every game, person or people with Bow/Jumppack/Scan/DL44. They insta-win all battles. This game is shit with the card system. If they didn't have cards this may be a better game. Also, take out the '44. Dice, fire your game designer on this. Because they be on crack.

I feel like hero orbs or whatever should be instant switch over. None of that kneeling stuff.

Theres been a few times where I've just been killed before I could activate it.

Every game, person or people with Bow/Jumppack/Scan/DL44. They insta-win all battles. This game is shit with the card system. If they didn't have cards this may be a better game. Also, take out the '44. Dice, fire your game designer on this. Because they be on crack.

The 44 is bunk... but you can easily out play them if you strafe back and forth and keep a distance.

MrDaravon

Coming back to this after a solid 3-4 week break, they still haven't done any balancing for the DL-44, A-Wing etc? Really? ._.

Edit: Playing Turning Point for the first time on Jakku, old news I'm sure but this seems kinda fucked for the Rebels? Played both sides, seems easy enough for the Rebels to break through to the final checkpoint, but then it's virtually impossible to take the last one? I was on a super terrible team (I'm not great and haven't played since almost launch and I got top 2 both times -_-) and even when we were the Empire and they pretty much blew through the first checkpoints with like 6:30 left they were barely able to put a dent in the final checkpoint before time ran out.

Coming back to this after a solid 3-4 week break, they still haven't done any balancing for the DL-44, A-Wing etc? Really? ._.

Edit: Playing Turning Point for the first time on Jakku, old news I'm sure but this seems kinda fucked for the Rebels? Played both sides, seems easy enough for the Rebels to break through to the final checkpoint, but then it's virtually impossible to take the last one? I was on a super terrible team (I'm not great and haven't played since almost launch and I got top 2 both times -_-) and even when we were the Empire and they pretty much blew through the first checkpoints with like 6:30 left they were barely able to put a dent in the final checkpoint before time ran out.

Smoke grenades help a lot on the final part but nobody uses them. The final push is actually my favorite part it's so chaotic.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Had some fun on Hoth, all I have left to do is reach that elusive 100 match, closest has been docking bay 94.
bX0niQi.jpg

On the subject of weapon stats, it's all about dat sweet e-11
SS3ZKiY.jpg

How is your Win/Loss so high when the game pretty much splits you to Imperial/Rebel in every mode?

That would be some crazy lucky winning with competent teams. Mine seems to hover around 51%/48%/1% (yeah I had a draw or two) due to this.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't understand how challenges work. Do you automatically pick one up the first time you do something like "get a headshot?"

And you have to spend credits if you want to focus on a specific one?

5taquitos

I don't understand how challenges work. Do you automatically pick one up the first time you do something like "get a headshot?"

And you have to spend credits if you want to focus on a specific one?

There are always 3 active challenges, and you can pay 500 to reroll one of them if you don't like it.

hydruxo

How is your Win/Loss so high when the game pretty much splits you to Imperial/Rebel in every mode?

That would be some crazy lucky winning with competent teams. Mine seems to hover around 51%/48%/1% (yeah I had a draw or two) due to this.

My W/L ratio is 80%. I pretty much only play Heroes vs Villains with friends though.

MrDaravon

I thought they did something with the spawns? Supremacy on Jakku is a complete shitshow. Outside of the teams being completely unbalanced which is something they really still need to address (me going 16-22 SHOULD NOT HAVE ME ON THE TOP OF MY TEAM) of my 22 deaths in the match I just played 8 of them were me being spawnkilled within 2-3 seconds, not spawning on my partner. What the fuck. How is it the end of the year and this shit is still a thing? Is it just on Jakku or are the other maps still fucked too?

Edit: Hopped into a separate match on Hoth, my first three spawns (not on my partner) were out in the open literally 10 feet in front of an AT-AT who killed me within 1-2 seconds. It appears that I'm taking another break from this game. This game should be my GOAT, I'm actually legitimately fucking angry that all of these issues are still happening over a month from launch with not even (apparently) word or a timeline on a patch or upcoming changes. Goddamn Dice.

Vard

My W/L ratio is 80%. I pretty much only play Heroes vs Villains with friends though.

Nice, mine is 70% and I mostly play Supremacy with friends/GAFfers. As long as there are some competent players playing the objective, you can pretty much steamroll in that mode.

5taquitos

I thought they did something with the spawns? Supremacy on Jakku is a complete shitshow. Outside of the teams being completely unbalanced which is something they really still need to address (me going 16-22 SHOULD NOT HAVE ME ON THE TOP OF MY TEAM) of my 22 deaths in the match I just played 8 of them were me being spawnkilled within 2-3 seconds, not spawning on my partner. What the fuck. How is it the end of the year and this shit is still a thing? Is it just on Jakku or are the other maps still fucked too?

Edit: Hopped into a separate match on Hoth, my first three spawns (not on my partner) were out in the open literally 10 feet in front of an AT-AT who killed me within 1-2 seconds. It appears that I'm taking another break from this game. This game should be my GOAT, I'm actually legitimately fucking angry that all of these issues are still happening over a month from launch with not even (apparently) word or a timeline on a patch or upcoming changes. Goddamn Dice.

I filled out a survey for Battlefront today and harped on the spawns in every available box. I'm sure my survey will fix every problem the game is currently having.

MrDaravon

I filled out a survey for Battlefront today and harped on the spawns in every available box. I'm sure my survey will fix every problem the game is currently having.

I thought they supposedly addressed spawns in the last patch or something?

Outside of all that fucking garbage though I need to figure out how to play this game apparently. Just hopped into Blast to confirm I still now how to play and had 3 games in a row with 2-3.0 K/D's so that's not my problem. In objective games I actually do play the objective and don't K/D whore but I just get wrecked in general.

MrDaravon

I'm not enjoying this game and it annoys me how bad I wanted it to be good.

Kind of where I'm at right now; mechanically it's fine and I go to town in the smaller gametypes, but I only really want to play the bigger modes and those are a total shitshow for a number of reasons now lol. Also I think they increased the health on the walker on Endor didn't they? Not by enough >_>.

My problem in the bigger objective modes is I feel like I spend 30+ seconds running to get somewhere, then just get killed immediately. Not sure if it has anything to do with the likely large number of Christmas newbies getting on, but trying to play smart and stick with people doesn't seem to help me, and this isn't really a typical FPS like say CoD or something where if you're good you can one-man it against a bunch of people; here you will just get killed immediately. Something doesn't seem to be clicking with me yet in that regard with this game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Nice, mine is 70% and I mostly play Supremacy with friends/GAFfers. As long as there are some competent players playing the objective, you can pretty much steamroll in that mode.

That would explain it. I play with randoms 90% of the time. Are you able to get into games with more than just "one buddy" on the same team?

Trample 25 enemies with the AT-ST. Currently sitting at 0.1% on PSN.

Nah

Cumulative

That reminds me, what is the best tip to destroy a Y-Wing?

Ozorov

That would explain it. I play with randoms 90% of the time. Are you able to get into games with more than just "one buddy" on the same team?

I got mine with the Ion torpedo. You can also do it with AT-ST since it rocket is also gets locked on vehicles

5taquitos

As mentioned, I've found that the AT-ST is the easiest. If you park it in the right place on maps like Sullust, you can easily shoot down every Y-Wing for that walker since they all come from the same direction.

Edit: I think you just need a hit or two with the AT-ST lasers, they're very thin.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I got mine with the Ion torpedo. You can also do it with AT-ST since it rocket is also gets locked on vehicles

As mentioned, I've found that the AT-ST is the easiest. If you park it in the right place on maps like Sullust, you can easily shoot down every Y-Wing for that walker since they all come from the same direction.

Edit: I think you just need a hit or two with the AT-ST lasers, they're very thin.

Ok, I will try it again today. Do you shoot on the approach? And the best angle for would be?

It stoped this morning :(

Glad I stayed up until I hit 40 last night, lol. I did not get a chance to play last weekend's double XP.

5taquitos

Ok, I will try it again today. Do you shoot on the approach? And the best angle for would be?

If you can get them as they swoop around towards the AT-AT, you'll have the most time to keep each Y-Wing in your sights. I try to use the first one to line up my shot, and then just don't move the reticule and shoot at the same time each run.

Edit: the only time I've really had a chance to try this was Phase 2 on Sullust, where I cleaned up. I don't get AT-STs often during WA these days.

Glad I stayed up until I hit 40 last night, lol. I did not get a chance to play last weekend's double XP.

The best level would Jundland wastes.

Works best at the end of the level, the Y wings come from straight ahead of the AT AT.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It stoped this morning :(

If you can get them as they swoop around towards the AT-AT, you'll have the most time to keep each Y-Wing in your sights. I try to use the first one to line up my shot, and then just don't move the reticule and shoot at the same time each run.

Edit: the only time I've really had a chance to try this was Phase 2 on Sullust, where I cleaned up. I don't get AT-STs often during WA these days.

The best level would Jundland wastes.

Works best at the end of the level, the Y wings come from straight ahead of the AT AT.

Thanks. I will give it a shot. If I can get a token of course, lol.
Just use the Ion Torpedo card, its very easy if you know where they will come from

I just may do this as well. With the Jundland tip.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kind of where I'm at right now; mechanically it's fine and I go to town in the smaller gametypes, but I only really want to play the bigger modes and those are a total shitshow for a number of reasons now lol. Also I think they increased the health on the walker on Endor didn't they? Not by enough >_>.

My problem in the bigger objective modes is I feel like I spend 30+ seconds running to get somewhere, then just get killed immediately. Not sure if it has anything to do with the likely large number of Christmas newbies getting on, but trying to play smart and stick with people doesn't seem to help me, and this isn't really a typical FPS like say CoD or something where if you're good you can one-man it against a bunch of people; here you will just get killed immediately. Something doesn't seem to be clicking with me yet in that regard with this game.

It reminds me a bit of how new players were so annoying in tlou. Stop frigging running and giving away your teammates position. Heh

Nizz

So after playing and doing badly I switched from third person view to first person and oh man, I immediately started doing better. I have seen people recommend the third person view for the better field of view and I played that way since I've owned the game.

I decided to go first person and bumped the sensitivity to 50 and zooming in on enemy players was so much better for me. Went positive the following two matches. I had a 35 death deficit and got it down to a 16 death deficit towards the kills I have. Made the game so much more fun for me.

So after playing and doing badly I switched from third person view to first person and oh man, I immediately started doing better. I have seen people recommend the third person view for the better field of view and I played that way since I've owned the game.

I decided to go first person and bumped the sensitivity to 50 and zooming in on enemy players was so much better for me. Went positive the following two matches. I had a 35 death deficit and got it down to a 16 death deficit towards the kills I have. Made the game so much more fun for me.

I suck horribly in 3rd person but wreck in 1st person.

Night and day difference.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Same here. Sometimes I will have a good game in 3rd (when I force myself to adopt it due to people swearing by it), if people seemingly act as if I do not exist... but for the most part, 1st person by far is better for me in this game.

Toa TAK

Banned

I can do both no problem. But I have a huge preference for 3rd person just because I played the last two games that way. Really glad the game is able to give people the option to do both at a press of a button without compromising the game. That's perfect and more developers should follow suit if they ever want to do something similar. I like to mix things up from time to time in a single game depending on the situation. Good on DICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom