• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbaFadi

Banned
Is anyone else unable to play with a partner? I've been trying for the last two weeks to play with my brother on seperate ps4's but can never seem to connect to a single game. Once a game loads up, one of us is disconnected. We can play other games like Black Ops 3 just fine, but this seems to be the only game we can't play.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? This is how I am initiating the search: I invited him to a party, invited him to be my partner, started a match, he presses triangle to join, then get disconnected when the match starts.
Our connection speed is around 50 Mbps, and type 2 NAT.

Surprised this doesn't turn off music automatically when you have Spotify going. Seems like a no-brainier to enable for multiplayer games.

Edit: I get that this isn't Battlefield, but it kills me that in Walker Assault I can get awarded for the highest objective score but still be practically at the bottom of the scoreboard.

Fighter Squadron is the legit most unbalanced mode I've ever played. I don't think I've seen with my own eyes the Empire win once. I get discouraged even spawning a tie fighter.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Just picked this up, but can't say I'm enjoying it at the moment. The beta was a lot more fun. Guess with time I will figure out some strategies that work for a not so good at shooting player like myself.

hydruxo

Fighter Squadron is the legit most unbalanced mode I've ever played. I don't think I've seen with my own eyes the Empire win once. I get discouraged even spawning a tie fighter.

When I play Fighter Squadron I just search until I get put on the Rebels. It's such an unbalanced mode that if you're on the Imperials you're basically guaranteed a loss.

I like the mode but yeah, would enjoy it more if I didn't have to spend half my time in matchmaking looking for a match that puts me on the Rebels.

Man...

Was having a pretty decent game, 31-8 with a 6k score. We were on the final stage of WS and out of nowhere I get bad connection to EA server and get disconnected; even though I never had a problem the whole match. I search again and it puts me back into the same game lol. On the bright side it did spawn me right in front of a hero token so I went 12-1 before the game ended.

That killed my mood to play anymore.

nillah

Banned
I've hit just over 10k kills in about 75 hours.

I wont bore you with the stats, but just this.

FT3SIlX.png
No mercy, GAF, no mercy

spacebear

Looking for a group or a few people to play with on PC - most of my friends quit after a few weeks :/

Feel free to add me on Origin: bearfromspace

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Just got the game loving it however does anyone else think its stupid that you have to push circle to zoom in with boba fett (because I set my controls as right stick to crouch) Why didnt they just have flamethrower or rocket as triangle....god thats dumb

Tubie

Just got the game loving it however does anyone else think its stupid that you have to push circle to zoom in with boba fett (because I set my controls as right stick to crouch) Why didnt they just have flamethrower or rocket as triangle....god thats dumb

Yea I never liked that. When I was first using him I kept accidentally jet packing lol.

TheStruggler

...I had no idea circle did that for Fett.

on regular setting you click in the right stick to zoom in with him however, I set my settings different where crouch in right stick and melee is cricle, basically for him the melee button is his zoom in and it annoying as fuck lol

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
on regular setting you click in the right stick to zoom in with him however, I set my settings different where crouch in right stick and melee is cricle, basically for him the melee button is his zoom in and it annoying as fuck lol

Ohh, gotcha. Well I didn't know about clicking the stick either. I literally thought Fett just didn't have a zoom option.

I...

...no wonder I suck as Fett.

TheStruggler

Ohh, gotcha. Well I didn't know about clicking the stick either. I literally thought Fett just didn't have a zoom option.

I...

...no wonder I suck as Fett.

when you are Fett and zoom in from a distance go for those headshots you will WRECK people

Dr Prob

Banned
Snowspeeder is pretty rad in first person, especially the sound of it firing. Never really spent much time changing views in the other ships because it just puts you at a disadvantage, but the speeder is different because the way it handles makes it difficult to pick out targets (at least in my experience) as the ship is right in your way and you can't really attack from above at much of an angle. Feel like first person is the way to go. In fact I feel like I can take on the whole Empire myself! What could go wrong?

PrankT

Just picked this up, but can't say I'm enjoying it at the moment. The beta was a lot more fun. Guess with time I will figure out some strategies that work for a not so good at shooting player like myself.
Try the smaller modes. Droid Ruin, Drop Zone, and Heroes vs. Villains are really great and less chaotic, leading to less random deaths. Then you can jump into Walker Assault and Supremacy, though success in these modes are heavily dependent on your teammates.

Tubie

Try the smaller modes. Droid Ruin, Drop Zone, and Heroes vs. Villains are really great and less chaotic, leading to less random deaths. Then you can jump into Walker Assault and Supremacy, though success in these modes are heavily dependent on your teammates.

I agree, objective based small modes are a lot better for new players to start with at this point.

I can see Blast being really bad for new players in over half the maps from what I experienced yesterday.

I had one Blast match yesterday that had 4 shadow troopers and 3 scout troopers on our side, that one was the most one sided matches I've seen in any multiplayer game I've played. I think it ended something like 100-19. I went 20-0 on it, and the only reason I didn't get more kills was because I spent the whole match fighting my team for kills lol.

Now I'm sure this game absolutely has no skill based matchmaking at all. It has to be 100% random.

EL CUCO

Cool video.

I didn't know anybody played this game in first person. Lol
________

Homing Shot makes Bowcaster so dissapointing. Thats how you know it needs a nerf.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I still haven't even equipped the Homing Shot once, lol. I've had Impact Grenade/Scan Pulse/Jump Pack on for like 99% of matches since I picked up the game.

Hell, I don't even bother unlocking most other stuff. I just upgrade these and amass credits. I'll try other playstyles... someday.

What Villians then?

That one I really don't know. There not much to choose from in terms of main characters, so I would really like to see what they come up with.
It's not so difficult to come up with a bunch of characters, but you have to take the term 'Hero' very loosely.

- Gamorrean Guard
- Imperial Guard
- Bossk
- Tarkin

Ozorov

That one I really don't know. There not much to choose from in terms of main characters, so I would really like to see what they come up with.
It's not so difficult to come up with a bunch of characters, but you have to take the term 'Hero' very loosely.

- Gamorrean Guard
- Imperial Guard
- Bossk
- Tarkin

Okey cool. I'm also really curious on what they will come up with. I hope we will get some news soon :)

Hit rank 50 today.
That XP boost was much needed.

Had a game of WA on Endor where I went 75/3 and it was pretty damn exhilarating. Heart pounding while stalking Rebel's in the forest. Must have killed the poor soul who became my nemesis at least 18 times.

Being a pilot in this game makes me miss Rogue Squadron.

Kaji

Had some fun on Hoth, all I have left to do is reach that elusive 100 match, closest has been docking bay 94.
bX0niQi.jpg

On the subject of weapon stats, it's all about dat sweet e-11
SS3ZKiY.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I actually had more luck playing Walker assault. It was probably unlocking some new weapons and abilities that made the difference though.
The most frustrating thing for me is that the random unlocks like hero's and at-at pilot are so overpowered. It kinda makes the regular infantry part seem pointless when you can get a random drop that gives you 20 kills or weapons that pretty much 1 shot anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom