• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Really glad the game is able to give people the option to do both at a press of a button without compromising the game. That's perfect and more developers should follow suit if they ever want to do something similar. I like to mix things up from time to time in a single game depending on the situation. Good on DICE.

Completely agreed.

leng jai

I switch between the two and perform similarly. The one thing I don't like about 3rd person is that sometimes you'll be shooting a wall even if your cross hair is clear of it on your screen.

MrDaravon

I can't do first person in this game, it's too weird for some reason. I didn't play a TON of the first two games so I'm not sure it's any kind of holdover from that. I think that the game is pretty though so it's nice to look at, and it just feels good in third person. Honestly whatever works for folks is the best though, I'm glad it's an equally viable option either way. I also still zoom in when shooting though which I know you really don't need to do and even though it still works out for me I'm trying to break myself of the habit.

I totally forgot I had unlocked Traits right before I stopped playing before lol. What should I go with? Scout seems interesting, but I've never been clear on exactly what caused you to show up on radar? Do you always show up, but you just show up more frequently if you're sprinting or ?

Also I honestly don't believe it's possible for the Rebels to win on Turning Point on Jakku. Just played a match on a team that wasn't that great and the other team was nothing but monsters; when we were the Rebels we didn't even capture the first point which I hadn't seen yet. Then when it switched sides they got to the final point insanely fast and had 9:30 left on the timer. They still only wound up getting about 15-20% of it down before time ran out. This....doesn't seem balanced? Still haven't seen these supposed smoke grenades yet lol. If it's a lot of new people from Christmas people probably don't have it unlocked yet? I don't think I even do.

5taquitos

I totally forgot I had unlocked Traits right before I stopped playing before lol. What should I go with? Scout seems interesting, but I've never been clear on exactly what caused you to show up on radar? Do you always show up, but you just show up more frequently if you're sprinting or ?

Also I honestly don't believe it's possible for the Rebels to win on Turning Point on Jakku. Just played a match on a team that wasn't that great and the other team was nothing but monsters; when we were the Rebels we didn't even capture the first point which I hadn't seen yet. Then when it switched sides they got to the final point insanely fast and had 9:30 left on the timer. They still only wound up getting about 15-20% of it down before time ran out. This....doesn't seem balanced? Still haven't seen these supposed smoke grenades yet lol. If it's a lot of new people from Christmas people probably don't have it unlocked yet? I don't think I even do.

When you sprint or shoot, your sector shows up on the minimap. Scout will keep you from appearing on the minimap when running by default, and will keep you off the map while shooting if you hit level 2. It's one of my favorite traits, the other being Bounty Hunter for those sweet toys.

Kaji

Endor on supremacy (night) with scout trait and scan pulse, the night forest lights up like a Christmas tree with presents for the taking

User1608

Banned
So I just bought the game for super cheap. Can't wait but my god is it taking forever to install lol. Is it supposed to take a long time? *digital download BTW.

MrDaravon

When you sprint or shoot, your sector shows up on the minimap. Scout will keep you from appearing on the minimap when running by default, and will keep you off the map while shooting if you hit level 2. It's one of my favorite traits, the other being Bounty Hunter for those sweet toys.

Yeah, this sounds like my kind of thing.

So normally if you're not moving or just at the regular walk speed you don't show up on radar at all? I remember really early on we weren't clear on that.

Vard

That would explain it. I play with randoms 90% of the time. Are you able to get into games with more than just "one buddy" on the same team?
Yes, no problems with that. There is a bug with parties where, when you are partnered with someone, only one of you has the correct partner. The other player gets partnered with different randoms every match. This is on PS4, by the way.

Not sure what happened here but lol xD

screenshot-originalysawl.png

And Han's lucky shot is something xD

http://i.imgur.com/OLlXAUP.gif?1

Boy, 50 sounds crazy to me as I use 25 sensitivity.

What sensitivity are others using?

Im playing on 75

Pat_DC

Hi StarWars Gaf, so this is $47AU on the aus psn store atm.

I was considering getting it for some quick matches here and there.

I got a loooot of play and fun from BF4 (on pc) and have been enjoying Blops 3, was just wondering if finding games and quality of connection on ps4 was any good, especially for any other Aus players?

Kinsei

Banned
Boy do I suck, but the game is really fun so far.

What do you do when you run into a hero/villain on the opposing team? I just kinda flail around and die.

I had my first game where the DL-44s and Jetpack+Bowcaster combo was egregious. It was very frustrating. I don't like Dice's lack of transparency on these issues, as well as fixing the A-Wing.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah, this sounds like my kind of thing.

So normally if you're not moving or just at the regular walk speed you don't show up on radar at all? I remember really early on we weren't clear on that.

the only time you show up on the radar is when you sprint or fire. walking, crouching, and even jumping doesn't show up iirc.

which makes it all the annoying when teammates are always giving away your position heh

MrDaravon

the only time you show up on the radar is when you sprint or fire. walking, crouching, and even jumping doesn't show up iirc.

which makes it all the annoying when teammates are always giving away your position heh

Okay, good to know. As an old man I still manage to do pretty well in most shooters by less relying on my reflexes per se and more using map/radar to my advantage to both fool opponents as well as anticipate their movement (based on what I would do in their situation) and get the drop on people. Works fantastically in smaller player-count games like say CoD or Halo, doesn't work as well here in the larger modes for a few different reasons, but in general people are way over-reliant on radar and I like taking advantage of that.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Okay guys so how do I not suck ass at Supremacy?

It's weird that I need to ask this given that I'm a Battlefield player (a very rusty one though).

PrankT

Okay guys so how do I not suck ass at Supremacy?

It's weird that I need to ask this given that I'm a Battlefield player (a very rusty one though).
Scout trait, smokes, and hope your team halfway cares about playing the objective. Those are my ingredients, at least.

Vard

Scout trait, smokes, and hope your team halfway cares about playing the objective. Those are my ingredients, at least.
Also of course learn the maps and the fastest routes to capture points / expected paths of the opposition team. Paying attention to the game timer is key too, so you know when it's appropriate to push forward to the next capture point versus, if it's a close match and you're team is ahead, focusing on defending instead and just letting time run out. Lastly, opposition heroes can change the tide of a game when playing the objective, so pay attention to their position on the radar and try to kill them off quickly.

I didn't play for two weeks or so, but I jumped back in yesterday. Still had plenty of fun. I tried to play without bodyguard for a change, but homing shot is just ugh..

I do think that EA should really start announcing some of the DLC stuff. Not capitalizing on the TFA hype (god I want to play as Kylo, First Order Stormtroopers, Finn, Rey etc.) seems odd, but then again.. the number of concurrent users definitely spiked and they would do well to at least show some stuff in order hold onto that.

Holy shit, just played around 10 matches of WA... it was awesome, the worst score I got was like 6k... I was either first or second in every match haha. Oh, the A-Wings are such bullshit, I destroyed the Empire in one match with it. lol

I do think that EA should really start announcing some of the DLC stuff. Not capitalizing on the TFA hype (god I want to play as Kylo, First Order Stormtroopers, Finn, Rey etc.) seems odd, but then again.. the number of concurrent users definitely spiked and they would do well to at least show some stuff in order hold onto that.

I agree,but its Holiday break and soon year transition. They will probably announce more in mid January.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I didn't play for two weeks or so, but I jumped back in yesterday. Still had plenty of fun. I tried to play without bodyguard for a change, but homing shot is just ugh..

Going by the current Twitter response, they are only going to focus on the OT, and supposedly no space battles in the DLC either.

But time will tell I suppose. I guess that is what Battlefront 2 is for in 2 years after the Episode 8.

Interfectum

Going by the current Twitter response, they are only going to focus on the OT, and supposedly no space battles in the DLC either.

But time will tell I suppose. I guess that is what Battlefront 2 is for in 2 years after the Episode 8.

So no TFA, no space battles... what should we expect out of the season pass? Basically just more of the same (maps, heroes, cards, etc) based on OT trilogy?

arimanius

16 Maps, over 20 new cards, 4 new game modes. 4 new heroes/villains.

And that does not include the free content promised.

Looking forward to the new modes. Semi afraid of the new maps. I hope they won't do the same map chopped into smaller versions and call that a "new map".

Looking forward to the new modes. Semi afraid of the new maps. I hope they won't do the same map chopped into smaller versions and call that a "new map".

I don't think they will.

I hope not.

BF4/3 had 4 maps per DLC, with parts of it chopped of for smaller modes, but they didn't count them as individual maps.

I went back to piloting X-wings this weekend. They just feel better. I know it's harder for the Imperials to hit me when I'm in an A-wing, but I actually don't die in either ship that often. The X-wings shoot faster, they seem to be a bit easier to target Tie Fighters... I just prefer them over the A-wings.

There. I said it.

Also... HOW do you get the AT-ST trample trophy?!?!?!?

BizzyBum

So no TFA, no space battles... what should we expect out of the season pass? Basically just more of the same (maps, heroes, cards, etc) based on OT trilogy?

I knew no TFA content, but they actually confirmed there won't be ANY space battles in the DLC?

the fuck...

CLBridges

Finally got around to playing this today and it's very fun. Gonna spend some time with it today to rank up and get some of those cool weapons other people are killing me with lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm having a decent amount of fun with the game but I'm sooooooooooooooooo bad. Help!!!

Just keep playing. For some reason, all the good guns are locked at the end. DICE has no clue how to create balanced weapons it seems. The last pistol is a two shot kill. It's pretty freaking stupid.

Until then just camp using honing missile and sniper rifle, and wait for the ATST or Hero pickups to become available. Whoever gets these pickups usually ends up posting ridiculous numbers like 80-0. So yeah. The game is pretty freaking broken, but it's still a lot of fun because of its casual nature. Dont worry about your KDR and just play it for the experience until you hit level 25 and unlock the DL-44.

P.S You can play Fighter Squadron to quickly level up. Games dont last too long and you can clean up on AI kills. The same rules apply here. Wait for the Hero pick ups (Falcon or Slave 1) and go nuts. Here is my gameplay from last night. Went 11-1. Falcon has pretty much unlimited health and kills everyone in a few shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDskVpIMSd8

I found Jundland and Endor the easiest for the stomp trophy.

Both WA.

On Jundland, first phase, grab AT ST, sprint to the left side, hang around the sand crawler and try to get the rebels as the spawn and walk towards you from the pathways in the mountains.

On Endor, first phase, take the AT ST to the far right M-Com hang around just behind it and behind the tree trunk, go crazy as the soldiers try to shoot you.

Interfectum

Wowwww a lot of new content then... thanks, I didn't know that.

Also, I'm currently Rank 49... almost getting the shadow trooper. :D

The problem with a shadow trooper is I target them first out of anyone (I'm a sniper). I don't know if everyone else is like that but I always prioritize killing them. Just an FYI. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom