• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
This is the third time I see shit like this. Does EA even care? Do they ban these players even if we report them?

Oh, that guy. Seen him before. The first aimbotter i saw actually.
People just need to report him, probably make a thread on the official forums about him (unless naming others is forbidden, of course).

Braag

yeah I did report him all ready.
In the previous game there was one player which accused everyone who happened to kill him of "hacking". That was pretty amusing as well.

5taquitos

I just love how characters first have to stop before executing a melee attack.

It's hilarious when someone comes up to get a good melee kill on me, and they end up stopping a half-meter short just swinging at air. Then I get to run up and smack them.

It's a bizarre design choice, for sure.

Woorloog

Banned
It's hilarious when someone comes up to get a good melee kill on me, and they end up stopping a half-meter short just swinging at air. Then I get to run up and smack them.

Once, me and an enemy ran toward each other. Each one melees. Both of us swung at empty air... Was kind of funny. Can't recall what happened next.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Once, me and an enemy ran toward each other. Each one melees. Both of us swung at empty air... Was kind of funny. Can't recall what happened next.

This happened to me too.

The end result was that I filled him with blaster at point-blank range immediately after.

Interfectum

So melee is fucked in this game? I thought it was just me. I go to melee someone and stop like 5 feet away from them and feel like an idiot.

Ambitious

Happens all the time to me. And by that I mean that I'm the one swinging air.

Woorloog

Banned
I think melee is a 1HK from the back.

Similar to how it is in COD now.

It is 1HK from back for sure but from front it seems inconsistent. Perhaps there is some hit-box dissonance, ie melee hits back sometimes from front if hitting very close to another?

Tubie

I think melee is a 1HK from the back.

Similar to how it is in COD now.

Yea pretty sure it's 1 from the back 2 from the front, but there's probably some hitbox issues with it.

At least it's not like BF4 where meleeing someone from the front actually kills you lol (unless the other guy is braindead).

Skyzard

Banned
Man, love some of these star wars battlefield moments.

Hope the game gets more maps for battle of Jaku

Also the flight controls aren't bad! Just had to lower mouse sensitivity, bind the middle dodge to one of the mouse buttons.

Woorloog

Banned
What a fucking challenge. 75 kills with a Blaster Pistol. Ugh.
I don't care for burst weapons at all, so SE-14C is out. I don't like DL-44 either, so it is out as well. DH-17 is usable but a bit meh, it doesn't cool fast enough or it doesn't allow enough shots fired for its rate of fire (or has too low damage, difficult to say which is my issue with it).
Gonna take forever to get it.

Oh, well, at least it wasn't "play Droid Run" or some other mode i don't care for. I play Supremacy and Walker Assault for most of the time, Cargo if playing with a friend, Fighter Squadron when i have stupid challenges that are best done there.

GeeTeeCee

I think the RT-97C is the only gun I'm any good with. Any time I pick, say, the E-11 or EE-3 and go up against another person using the same weapon, I lose. The other players just seem to be more accurate and more damaging with the equivalent gun. I've lost count of the times where I appear to get dropped by an enemy in 1 second when it would've taken me 3 seconds to drop them.

I think Graveyard of Giants might be my favourite map in the game, with Turning Point rapidly becoming my favourite mode (until Fighter Squadron gets some much needed balance).

I had a frustrating game of WA on the Tatooine map today. There were about 2 A-Wings and an X-Wing making runs the whole time. Any time I would grab a Tie Interceptor, one of them would fly at me head-on and take ZERO damage. And then trying to use Ion Torpedo from the ground was also an exercise in futility.

The broken A-Wing takes the top spot for most frustrating element in this game. In Fighter Squadron I don't even aim for A-Wings. If I lock on and realize what it is, I turn my focus elsewhere.

lawnchair

Banned
i dont play much WA, need some advice .. on the hoth level, we were doing pretty well until the last round when airspeeders just dropped the walkers immediately. whats the best defense against that?

MMarston

i dont play much WA, need some advice .. on the hoth level, we were doing pretty well until the last round when airspeeders just dropped the walkers immediately. whats the best defense against that?

you shoot the shit out of those speeders.

MMarston

And hope your team does that too.

Ion Shot helps a lot. Ion Torpedo as well.

Never seen the Empire beat the tow-cabling Snowspeeders though...

Barring maybe once, we've managed to succeed in doing so almost every time I'm Imperial.

adj_noun

I think if I get hit with a homing shot one more time I'm going to have a panic attack. What the fuck am I supposed to do about that shit?

I roll with Bodyguard pretty much to be able to shrug off those things.

And I have Personal Shield pretty much to be able to stop people from shooting me in the back.

And I have Ion Torpedo pretty much to be able to get rid of annoying Turrets.

...huh. Almost all my setup is anti-annoyance.

Woorloog

Banned
Weird

See it all the time

Well, i barely see anyone but me shooting at AT-STs or aircraft for that matter.
Perhaps PC players are more selfish in general?

So annoying to see an AT-ST to camp somewhere and no one follows my example when i shoot an Ion Torp at it.
Well, they shoot it when it has only a little health left after i've shot a few torps at it and steal the credit for killing it....

Palpable

Some guy just messaged me on PSN saying he recorded me for over a minute in the AT-AT and for me to enjoy my ban. I couldn't help but laugh. I told him to send me the video too, because I was wrecking fools. I also implored him to send the video to EA so they can tell him how retarded he is.

desu

Some guy just messaged me on PSN saying he recorded me for over a minute in the AT-AT and for me to enjoy my ban. I couldn't help but laugh. I told him to send me the video too, because I was wrecking fools. I also implored him to send the video to EA so they can tell him how retarded he is.

Bwhaha, online gaming at its best!

EL CUCO

Lol! Are we supposed to look the other way? It's not like they have a cool down and we're glitching the game or anything.

Yesterday I had the AT-AT repeatedly 3x in a row. For some reason the game would always spawn me next to the pick up everytime.
I had like 40 kills by the end of the first beacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom