• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawnchair

Banned
Lol! Are we supposed to look the other way? It's not like they have a cool down and we're glitching the game or anything.

Yesterday I had the AT-AT repeatedly 3x in a row. For some reason the game would always spawn me next to the pick up everytime.
I had like 40 kills by the end of the first beacon.

ive never seen the AT-AT spawn marker. o_o

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm secretly hoping the reward is "lol jk about the OT."

Finished watching Clone Wars and Battlefront could own with Umbara.

Palpable

After seeing Rey sit next to the AT-AT foot in the movie and seeing the scale of the Millenium Falcon in the movies compared to those in the game, I'm very disappointed. They're SO MUCH SMALLER in the game! They should be to scale, c'mon!!

Speaking of AT-AT's...

pGiwEQ.jpeg

Ozorov

After seeing Rey sit next to the AT-AT foot in the movie and seeing the scale of the Millenium Falcon in the movies compared to those in the game, I'm very disappointed. They're SO MUCH SMALLER in the game! They should be to scale, c'mon!!

Speaking of AT-AT's...

pGiwEQ.jpeg

You're on PS4 right? How do you do that? Born with aimbot?

Palpable

You're on PS4 right? How do you do that? Born with aimbot?

Yeah. On certain maps I make it a point to jump in the AT-AT on specific tiers. I strategically place orbital strikes and always use the basic cannons (not the big ones on the chin). You'd be surprised how easy it is to get kills when the walkers are exposed. Then again, others don't seem to rack up that many kills. Perhaps they get too excited at all the rebels running around.

If you know the ATAT token spawns for each phase, you can basically stay in it for the whole match.

This too.

Ozorov

Yeah. On certain maps I make it a point to jump in the AT-AT on specific tiers. I strategically place orbital strikes and always use the basic cannons (not the big ones on the chin). You'd be surprised how easy it is to get kills when the walkers are exposed. Then again, others don't seem to rack up that many kills. Perhaps they get too excited at all the rebels running around.

This too.
I try to play the objective 24/7 so I don't get those crazy kill streaks :(

Can I add you?

leng jai

95% of the time someone has a ridiculous looking score it's because they knew where the vehicle/heroe spawns were and camped them the entire match. That's why they need to randomise where they appear so you can't just memorise the spots and get them over and over again.

Special C

95% of the time someone has a ridiculous looking score it's because they knew where the vehicle/heroe spawns were and camped them the entire match. That's why they need to randomise where they appear so you can't just memorise the spots and get them over and over again.

You should really just spawn with them. The tokens are the worst part about this game.

Ambitious

Wow. In terms of K/D, I just finished my best match yet: 41 kills, 5 deaths. The mode was Supremacy on the Jakku map. We lost, but it was fun.

Klocker

Wow, after having just never bothered to try it I've had the most fun with this game ever playing Cargo.

Yep a great mode and a blast especially if you get tired of the big battle chaos

It's my most played mode. The back and forth is exciting and one or two players can turn a game. Way better than capture the flag modes due to the cargo being removed from enemy's score When you take it. You can be down 7 to 3 and with time left can come back and at least tie or even win.

hydruxo

Is there a reason why Fighter Squadron isn't 20v20?

Would rather have that then the AIs

The fighters squadron maps are too small for real 20v20. You'd be getting constantly locked on by enemies and it would be an awful experience IMO.

10v10 with AI gives you some breathing room.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Yep a great mode and a blast especially if you get tired of the big battle chaos

It's my most played mode. The back and forth is exciting and one or two players can turn a game. Way better than capture the flag modes due to the cargo being removed from enemy's score When you take it. You can be down 7 to 3 and with time left can come back and at least tie or even win.

Cargo is my favorite too. I just wish I wasn't the only person on my team running defense 80% of the time. If I ever leave the base, the enemy grabs our cargo in seconds.

lawnchair

Banned
i've probably played 20ish fighter squadron matches, this is the first imperial victory i've seen i think (might have been a couple in there right at launch but i dont remember). my more common experience now is rebels winning by at least 70 kills nearly every time.

It's a mix and match for me. /shrug

I get that the A-Wing is difficult to hit but there's a pretty big drop in firepower when you pilot one compared to the X-Wing. It takes me quite a bit more time to take down a TIE in one so I use the X-Wing most of the time.

I also prefer piloting a TIE Fighter rather than an Interceptor so /shrug. Also for me it's a much bigger hassle trying to take down a snowspeeder in Supremacy than an A-Wing.

MDave

Oh my, you can use the Cycler Rifle while you have a personal shield up. This changes the usefulness of this gun by quite a bit! Also works the other way to, can shoot someone with it when they have the shield up.

Klocker

Cargo is my favorite too. I just wish I wasn't the only person on my team running defense 80% of the time. If I ever leave the base, the enemy grabs our cargo in seconds.

Yep, everyone tries to win running towards the middle or trying to win 10-0. A 6-4 win and defending your cargo is often some of the most intense cqb team game play available... it's a blast

I picked this up recently and got about 11 hours in, mostly in Supremacy and Turning Point but a little in HvV and some other modes. No Walker Assault or Drop Zone as I did a ton of those in beta.

I've been having a lot of fun, but the only real frustration I've had so far is Jet Pack + Bowcaster + Whatever that perk is that's resetting CDs. I guess I don't see it all that often (maybe one enemy a round is running it effectively) but damn that combo.

On blasters - I like E-11 and T-21 (though I have to admit one of the reasons I like the T-21 is it's reminding me of my Doc / Rifleman from SWG). I don't have the DL-44 yet.

adj_noun

Went back to the light and dropped the DL-44 for the good ol' E-11. Sure I get dropped by that dumb pistol more, but it's nice to actually have some range again.

Any advice for the 10 headshots with the Cycler Rifle? Got lucky with 2, but still 8 to go....

Try it in smaller modes like Dropzone and Droidrun. When activating pods or droids players usually stand still and that's the perfect moment to line up a headshot. That's how I got it.

hydruxo

I picked this up recently and got about 11 hours in, mostly in Supremacy and Turning Point but a little in HvV and some other modes. No Walker Assault or Drop Zone as I did a ton of those in beta.

I've been having a lot of fun, but the only real frustration I've had so far is Jet Pack + Bowcaster + Whatever that perk is that's resetting CDs. I guess I don't see it all that often (maybe one enemy a round is running it effectively) but damn that combo.

On blasters - I like E-11 and T-21 (though I have to admit one of the reasons I like the T-21 is it's reminding me of my Doc / Rifleman from SWG). I don't have the DL-44 yet.

Yeah the Bounty Hunter trait is really good, but you have to get to level 3 to get the instant refresh on each kill so I rarely see people good enough to regularly use that in smaller modes. In WA/Supremacy/TP though you can do some real damage with it and the jetpack/bowcaster combo if you can flank people.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Yep, everyone tries to win running towards the middle or trying to win 10-0. A 6-4 win and defending your cargo is often some of the most intense cqb team game play available... it's a blast

Hell yeah.

Earlier today my best friend and I were doing a Cargo match on Tatooine and we scored a point early, then our entire team held our base from enemy incursions for over 14 minutes. He and I kept talking about the Alamo on our mics the entire time. It was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom