• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

If anyone wants to play cargo tonight, add me on PSN. You can find it in my profile or on the screenshot I psoted in the prior page.

That's a severe accusation and a dangerous position to publicly espouse. Better get that montage out before you're SLAYED.

Haha

Anyway, I need clips for my montage.

If you're interested just PM a clip BBZ.

That goes for everyone, if I have enough, I'll put something together.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh my, you can use the Cycler Rifle while you have a personal shield up. This changes the usefulness of this gun by quite a bit! Also works the other way to, can shoot someone with it when they have the shield up.

Yep, it is projectile. Shields only stop energy. Also Ion Shot shreds the shields off with one hit. The game has more gameplay depth than it is given credit for.

Toa TAK

Banned
Gaming side GAF is the worst GAF.

Even worse than popGAF

I hope you understand the gravity of my statement.

I'll fight you on that. I have no love for PopGAF but the lingo kills me unlike regular gaming side.

Haha

Anyway, I need clips for my montage.

If you're interested just PM a clip BBZ.

That goes for everyone, if I have enough, I'll put something together.
Ah sweet. I'll send something in.

v1lla21

Underrated mode for sure, just wish they'd throw in the vanilla maps into the rotation.
Yeah :/ gets boring just playing the same map but it's such a great mode.

People give the dl-44 so much shit but the se-14c is just as OP. Mowing down dudes like it's nothing

leng jai

Yep, it is projectile. Shields only stop energy. Also Ion Shot shreds the shields off with one hit. The game has more gameplay depth than it is given credit for.

Yeah, but at the same time I feel like the game gimps you with the hand system and not having grenades/jetpack as default. They are pretty essential most of the time so you barely have anyone using something like Ion Cannon.

Tubie

They are using the online player count as the reason they think it didn't sell even close to 12m lol.

People really expect everyone that bought the game to be playing at the same time all the time apparently.

The hate and negativity towards this game on GAF is something I've never seen before.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
They are using the online player count as the reason they think it didn't sell even close to 12m lol.

People really expect everyone that bought the game to be playing at the same time all the time apparently.

The hate and negativity towards this game on GAF is something I've never seen before.

I actually want to find out the actual number, not because I really care about sales numbers that much, but solely for the GAF salt.

Got the 10 headshots with the Cycler Rifle. Wars a chore and my K/D dropped from 1.55 to 1.36 but it will be worth it.

Anyone willing to do those Master difficulty survival missions? Would really appreciate the help!

Quote to reveal PSN

5taquitos

It's bad, but there's hate and negativity for everything on GAF these days. Just look at any Driveclub thread from the last year, or the Halo 5 threads leading up to the release. People love to hate.

Palpable

Gonna hop on now if anyone wants to join me.

It's bad, but there's hate and negativity for everything on GAF these days. Just look at any Driveclub thread from the last year, or the Halo 5 threads leading up to the release. People love to hate.

There's a reason that a popular saying in reference to GAF is "your favorite thing sucks."

lawnchair

Banned
there are several good reasons to dislike this game, but i keep playing it a little bit every day at least .. but i fully understand the negativity towards it. no need to whine about all of the "misguided haters" etc. a couple of you have some fanboy blinders on.

v1lla21

I'll be back on tonight if anyone wants to party up. I like almost every mode in the game except the air battles. I'm on ps4, psn is the same as gaf name

void666

Banned
Tell me gaf how can people be dead on accurate from any distance with any weapon while i can't kill people right in front of me.

WillyFive

Tell me gaf how can people be dead on accurate from any distance with any weapon while i can't kill people right in front of me.

Mostly skill. Same happens to me, I'm just not fast or accurate enough.

Aimbots are out there too, but at such a minuscule and small percentage that it wouldn't explain it.

leng jai

There's barely any recoil on anything in this game so you can be pretty accurate from range. You need to shoot slightly in front of running enemies though since the bullets aren't that fast. Hit detection can be iffy sometimes though.

void666

Banned
I'm not that bad when i play dropzone. I can kill people consistently.
But in bigger modes like walker assault it's a pain. Try to peek around the corner. Dead.

Nevermind. I think i'm just bitter about MP in general. Not having fun with blops 3 either.

Braag

I'm not that bad when i play dropzone. I can kill people consistently.
But in bigger modes like walker assault it's a pain. Try to peek around the corner. Dead.

Nevermind. I think i'm just bitter about MP in general. Not having fun with blops 3 either.

I have the same problem with bigger maps/modes.
Which is why I stick to modes like cargo or dropzone which have smaller maps.
Lately I've been having a lot of fun with Heroes vs Villains.

adj_noun

I enjoy Heroes vs Villains when my heroes actually stick together.

When they scatter to the winds I tear my hair out. You can almost count the exact seconds before you see the Luke has been defeated message.

Klocker

Hell yeah.

Earlier today my best friend and I were doing a Cargo match on Tatooine and we scored a point early, then our entire team held our base from enemy incursions for over 14 minutes. He and I kept talking about the Alamo on our mics the entire time. It was awesome.

Yea man... soooo good

Hell yeah.

Earlier today my best friend and I were doing a Cargo match on Tatooine and we scored a point early, then our entire team held our base from enemy incursions for over 14 minutes. He and I kept talking about the Alamo on our mics the entire time. It was awesome.

I had not played this mode before reading this comment and I have been missing out! People actually seem to be working as a team too.

Ozorov

Wherre? I need to see this!

I played Supremacy and it lifts off with one or two star destroyers behind the first spawning location for the imperials. It's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge in the sky so you can't miss it if you're looking :D. And it sounds pretty loud

grmlin

My biggest problem with BF for the moment is called "The Witcher 3"

I got it on PSN when it was on sale (or it still is) and I can't put it down...

Ozorov

Which are your favorite modes?

My top 5 atm is probably; Supremacy, Droid run, Drop pod, WA and Turning point.

But I try to play all the modes, except Hero hunt.

PowderedToast

hero hunt is surely the weakest. on paper it's ok but the execution feels like a complete afterthought

drop pod is my favourite because it concentrates the encounters more than any other game type and there's less chance someone will randomly get the drop on you. it's common to get into really fun battles of attrition.

heroes v villains is great, too. there's a decent amount of strategy there.

to be honest i like them all apart from aforemention HH, which isn't usual for me

Ozorov

hero hunt is surely the weakest. on paper it's ok but the execution feels like a complete afterthought

drop pod is my favourite because it concentrates the encounters more than any other game type and there's less chance someone will randomly get the drop on you. it's common to get into really fun battles of attrition.

heroes v villains is great, too. there's a decent amount of strategy there.

to be honest i like them all apart from aforemention HH, which isn't usual for me

I hope they will tweak some of the modes with the upcoming major-DLC-update

Almost level 40 and I just figured out that you can lock on in aircraft…

I guess this is why I hated flying so much before. The game I figured it out in I was able to stay in an A-wing the whole match and went 35-2…lol

Ozorov

Almost level 40 and I just figured out that you can lock on in aircraft…

I guess this is why I hated flying so much before. The game I figured it out in I was able to stay in an A-wing the whole match and went 35-2…lol
You should have done the training missions :)

I just fucking hate Walker Assault. No point joining or staying in a game if you end up in the Imperial team.

I love it man,

Though admittedly I'm very good at it to the point where it 'feels' like I'm the one making a difference.

WA above others is ripe for teamwork, but it's very hard to get that with randoms.

Just finished a game on Jakku, game where people coming to me for pickups (I was Leia) and I was protecting people arming with the shield.

Felt really good.

The same goes for Imperial, just have to make sure to be very aggressive at the beginning of each phase, and that's where the personal shield comes in.

Managed to stop the rebels on 1 y-wing on the first phase, 3 on the second and 3 on the last.

lawnchair

Banned
Which are your favorite modes?

blast, supremacy, drop zone, walker assault, fighter squadron (even though broken?),

honourable mention to all of the "Mission" stuff when played with another person. i've had a blast with the battle/survival modes on a couch w/ a friend as god intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom