• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I have to admit i'm having fun. Too bad MP is half dead on PC.
I wouldn't say half dead, there is a decent sized community, at least in the US. Lack of a server browser makes it hard to get into games in the less popular modes though.

So I haven't played a Star Wars game since the Rogue Squadron games on N64 and Gamecube but I'm kinda jonesing for one after seeing the new movie. Is this worth it on PC? What's the playerbase like and is there any worthwhile single player component? Sorry if this has all been asked.

5taquitos

So I haven't played a Star Wars game since the Rogue Squadron games on N64 and Gamecube but I'm kinda jonesing for one after seeing the new movie. Is this worth it on PC? What's the playerbase like and is there any worthwhile single player component? Sorry if this has all been asked.

PC has the lowest population, and single-player content is relegated to a handful of training missions and some survival (horde) and AI battles (kill confirmed).

void666

Banned
Try and break yourself of the habit of zooming in/ADSing. You'll do so much better only hipfiring.

Seriously, I started to do way better when I stopped zooming.

Took me forever to learn to do this. :/

That is what I had to do. I find when the habit of falling back into the zoom/ADS trap is when I do my worst. I have to think, "Quake 3/UT, Quake 3/UT", then I perform better again, lol.

Saw this posts in a thread on gaming side. Mindbllown.
It's so much better firing from the hip. Now the game is much more enjoyable.

No Love

Banned
If anyone needs an ace pilot to help them dominate Fighter Squadron, hit me up. I can get more kills in a TIE Interceptor than people can in the Millenium Falcon or Slave I. 😇

Woorloog

Banned
Why does no one equip properly to take down the at-st? Hate being the only one actively going after it.

Me too.
The same applies to fighters.

Just having Ion Torpedo is enough, and the Ion Shot is a nice bonus.

Also, are the PC servers somehow laggy at the momeny or is it my connection? Getting heavy latency spikes.

I was playing Walker Assault on Tatooine earlier. The Empire was about to win, literally both of their walkers were right at the end of the map. One of the walkers was very low health and the other one was about half health. I managed to get in a speeder and shoot down the low health walker and then tow cable the other one. Took out both walkers in about a minute. Felt amazing.

But it does beg the question, are speeders OP when it comes to walkers? An insta-kill with the tow cable is lore friendly and all, but as far as balance goes does it hurt it?

lawnchair

Banned
But it does beg the question, are speeders OP when it comes to walkers? An insta-kill with the tow cable is lore friendly and all, but as far as balance goes does it hurt it?

i don't play much WA but its definitely disappointing to do well until the 3rd phase and then just get jacked by speeders. i wouldn't mind if they just took that ability away or tweaked it somehow. i personally have never been in a speeder trying to take down the ATATs so i dont know how difficult it is to do .. but maybe it should be harder. it obviously doesn't help when nobody is even trying to shoot down the speeders ..

5taquitos

i don't play much WA but its definitely disappointing to do well until the 3rd phase and then just get jacked by speeders. i wouldn't mind if they just took that ability away or tweaked it somehow. i personally have never been in a speeder trying to take down the ATATs so i dont know how difficult it is to do .. but maybe it should be harder. it obviously doesn't help when nobody is even trying to shoot down the speeders ..

It is a bit too easy right now. The other day on Judland Wastes, me and two other people grabbed speeders at the start of the third phase. Since there are no imperial ships in that phase, we just hung out off-map until the AT-ATs were vulnerable. Then we all came swooping in and had both walkers down in about 10 seconds.

void666

Banned
I just can't find any game. Be it cargo, dropzone, WA.
I'm enjoying the game, but i just can't play it.

Maybe i should've spent some more to get the PS4 version...

How do you cheese master difficulty survival on tatooine and Endor? I managed to do Sullust and Hoth which took fucking days....i kind of just want to be done with it now

Edit: nvm, actually did those two with quite ease. Now I just need to complete a game in co op to finish this off.

anyone on xbox one want to play a quick tutorial mission for the co op achievement? Will probably take 5 minutes or less. I unfortunately dont have a mic with me right now

PowderedToast

very few people seem to recognise that targeting flying stuff during WA is a viable approach. you can lock onto a X wing with an ion torpedo at any time and do decent damage, or if you're not on a compatible map (like endor) then they still work for turrets and obviously the walker's themselves.

I enjoy Heroes vs Villains when my heroes actually stick together.

When they scatter to the winds I tear my hair out. You can almost count the exact seconds before you see the Luke has been defeated message.
Man. Shit drives me crazy! My favorite mode, but this makes me rage so hard.

Right when it starts you just see a hero sprint a direction you know you are fucked. The best times are when you see a hero run forward than look back to make sure he's with everyone.

Palpatine NEEDS to stick with Vader and ambush often, he is generally useless 1on1.

has there been any word from DICE or EA on when we can expect a balance patch? The game has been out long enough to determine whats broken and what isnt. Some communication would be nice.

Ozorov

I like how the official website have said

"Stay tuned for more details on Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass* in the coming weeks."

From the beginning of November.

So with how long it will take, do you think we will likely see a Rogue One focused DLC in the season pass since it's set in the OT and release schedule will likely be leading into the new movie anyways?

Ozorov

So with how long it will take, do you think we will likely see a Rogue One focused DLC in the season pass since it's set in the OT and release schedule will likely be leading into the new movie anyways?

If we get one it has the be the last one we get since the movie is released in December 2016 IIRC.

Eh not sure what it would actually be anyway....more maps for fighter squadron? The maps dont even really matter.

Really wish that DICE would come out and at least give an idea as to whats in each DLC pack.

Ozorov

Eh not sure what it would actually be anyway....more maps for fighter squadron? The maps dont even really matter.

Really wish that DICE would come out and at least give an idea as to whats in each DLC pack.

Just wait a few weeks ;)

I've asked the lead designer on battlefront in december if we should except any DLC-news before new years and he said "It's not up to me, sorry".

So I think it's EA that is handling that stuff, not DICE.

5taquitos

I'm going to need to be blown away by the first expansion reveal if they have any hope of getting me to drop cash on a season pass.

void666

Banned
If Dice isn't including things from TFA and, as i guess, they aren't adding stuff from the prequels either because fuck the prequels, i can't imagine what the DLCs will be about.

I was watching totalbiscuit review and he was ranting about the lack of rebel ground vehicles.
Well, in the OT they don't have any. From a gameplay perspective this is a problem.

Ozorov

If Dice isn't including things from TFA and, as i guess, they aren't adding stuff from the prequels either because fuck the prequels, i can't imagine what the DLCs will be about.

I was watching totalbiscuit review and he was ranting about the lack of rebel ground vehicles.
Well, in the OT they don't have any. From a gameplay perspective this is a problem.

They have stated they're focusing only on OT. So no TFA/Prequals

anyone know a quick way to play as heroes? Trying to get the hero cards for the mobile game but this looks like it's going to take a while, even when playing heroes vs villains

5taquitos

What do you want?

I couldn't exactly tell you to be honest, I just can't swallow the price yet, especially if it means that half of the packs aren't going to be populated. I guess I'm souring on paying for maps, something I didn't use to have a problem with. I loved Premium for BF3 and 4, but I can see the effect of paid maps on populations when I want to play certain maps and can't find a server.

That's a bit of a derail for the topic at hand, so some things that could wow me and get me to purchase ASAP:

*Death Star Trench
*Death Star/Spaceship interior maps
*Cloud City/Other locations on Bespin
*Chewie
*Something we heard about but didn't see in the OT, such as Dantooine or Kessel. Like what they did with Sullust.

Ozorov

I couldn't exactly tell you to be honest, I just can't swallow the price yet, especially if it means that half of the packs aren't going to be populated. I guess I'm souring on paying for maps, something I didn't use to have a problem with. I loved Premium for BF3 and 4, but I can see the effect of paid maps on populations when I want to play certain maps and can't find a server.

That's a bit of a derail for the topic at hand, so some things that could wow me and get me to purchase ASAP:

*Death Star Trench
*Death Star/Spaceship interior maps
*Cloud City/Other locations on Bespin
*Chewie
*Something we heard about but didn't see in the OT, such as Dantooine or Kessel. Like what they did with Sullust.

Chewie is actually already in the game, kinda :). He's in the millennium falcon in the diorama-thing. So I guess that's a tease? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom