• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayers

RE Season Pass content, they could do some cross promotion by making a Rebels Ahsoka hero unit. It's OT era and she's a fan favorite.

Toa TAK

Banned
RE Season Pass content, they could do some cross promotion by making a Rebels Ahsoka hero unit. It's OT era and she's a fan favorite.

That would be rad. But I have my doubts, I think they'll just want to stick with what's in the films mostly (despite Sullust and all).

CLBridges

Got my rank up enough to unlock and buy the jet pack, love it! Flying down in someone's face with the shotty, pow, right in the kisser lol. I've never watched any of the Star Wars movies but after playing this for a bit, I'm very interested in checking them out.

adj_noun

Eighteen Rebels just stood idly by and let me cap their control point almost single handed. I had, like, one person from my team show up to finish it. Other than that the point was a ghost town. As the circle slooooowly filled with a big x1 on it.

There are times I do wonder how many people do Supremacy under the mistaken notion that it's Blast.

Eighteen Rebels just stood idly by and let me cap their control point almost single handed. I had, like, one person from my team show up to finish it. Other than that the point was a ghost town. As the circle slooooowly filled with a big x1 on it.

There are times I do wonder how many people do Supremacy under the mistaken notion that it's Blast.

I watched a person controlling Vader circle one Rebel control point on Hoth attempting to farm kills the other day instead of actually trying to take the point. Literally just circled
through the hallway hoping to pick off a straggler that left the room. Never did.

I think Chewie is a lock for one of the DLC characters. I mean he would be the most obvious addition by far.

He is pretty much in. The hero characters aren't the problem. You add Obi-Wan, possibly Yoda (though I'd preffer him to be saberless) and Lando and there, you have the 4.

The villains though? If both prequels and sequels are out of the question, who other than Tarkin is even remotely logical?

Blank!

He is pretty much in. The hero characters aren't the problem. You add Obi-Wan, possibly Yoda (though I'd preffer him to be saberless) and Lando and there, you have the 4.

The villains though? If both prequels and sequels are out of the question, who other than Tarkin is even remotely logical?

The other bounty hunters would be my guess. IG-88, Bossk, Greedo, etc. Could also see maybe a Royal Guard hero to fill in another melee user.

I think Chewie is a lock for one of the DLC characters. I mean he would be the most obvious addition by far.

Werent there some files for Chewie in place when people looked through the Beta files.?

The Community Manager posted this btw

Overall We have outlined the overall offering here and will provide specifics as we can. I can say we will provide you with more information around each pack before the first DLC is released.

I want to play as a tusken raider and bossk. Just please have bossk has a villain. That would be amazing

edit: actually wouldn't tarkin be one of the villains?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I want to play as a tusken raider and bossk. Just please have bossk has a villain. That would be amazing

edit: actually wouldn't tarkin be one of the villains?
What would tarkin do though? He's not really a character that's suited to being a playable badass. The other bounty hunters would be the best bet even though we don't see them in action. The Imperial guard guys always looked cool even though again they don't actually do anything in the movies.

PrankT

What would tarkin do though? He's not really a character that's suited to being a playable badass. The other bounty hunters would be the best bet even though we don't see them in action. The Imperial guard guys always looked cool even though again they don't actually do anything in the movies.
Maybe he can call in orbital strikes with a strong se-14c or something.

Roussow

So anyone got any really bizarre, unique star card loadouts?

I find myself just running either:
Jetpack, Impact Grenade, Scan Pulse
Or just swapping out a grenade for a sniper card.

With a few obvious variants per game mode (Personal Shield for Drop Zone, and Ion weapons for Walker Assault), I don't see myself mixing it up much.

I think I need a break from this game.

Its just frustrating now when 90% of the matches are basically predetermined due to the imbalances. Its even more frustrating that DICE/EA have been completely silent on when they are going to fix this crap, especially when they are normally so vocal with BF4. Some of the design decisions in this game are baffling. This feels like a sophomore effort from a rookie studio rather than game from a studio with decades of MP game development experience.

Interfectum

I've basically gone full sniper in the AT-AT mode. Going 25+ with 0 deaths feels good man. So many people just running around in the open.

Ozorov

How shitty would it be if they make a small announcement like: "Hey guys, you made it! You played a total of xxxxxxx hours with Han and Luke. Congratulations! Peace out!"

Or "You made it! Regarding the season pass-news and patch-news etc etc, wait a couple of weeks. But here's 500 credits!!!11"

It's so weird that they didn't have a update-tracker or whatever so the players could follow the progress.

Ozorov

I'm expecting literally nothing.

Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-03.jpg

todahawk

I'd really really love it if DICE added a test range for Battlefront like they finally did in Battlefield 4. It would be soooooo much fun to practice flying and shooting and playing with the different powerups and star cards. Please DICE! Just a small Star Wars sandbox to play in, pretty please!

Interfectum

How shitty would it be if they make a small announcement like: "Hey guys, you made it! You played a total of xxxxxxx hours with Han and Luke. Congratulations! Peace out!"

"Amazing work players! Expect info on Battlefront updates in the coming weeks and we've posted some images from the upcoming Battlefront artbook as a reward for all those play hours!"

Ozorov

What's this hero holiday thing? Hahah

We got a challenge from DICE to play 500 000 hours as Luke or Han from Dec 23 to Jan 6.

Enjoy wielding a Lightsaber like Luke Skywalker? Or perhaps firing the deadly DL-44 blaster as Han Solo? Put your Star Wars™ Battlefront™ skills to the test this season in the Heroes’ Holiday community event where you fight together to reach a common goal.

Your mission is to play 500,000 hours as Luke Skywalker or Han Solo before January 6th, 9AM PT.

The Heroes’ Holiday event is active between December 23, 9AM PT and January 6, 9AM PT.

Ozorov

"Amazing work players! Expect info on Battlefront updates in the coming weeks and we've posted some images from the upcoming Battlefront artbook as a reward for all those play hours!"

I've asked Dice/EA on twitter regarding any reward or something. And I also asked how we were doing towards the goal. They didn't respond :(

adj_noun

Random thing I just realized:

It doesn't play the Rebel fanfare or the Imperial march when you win. It's some kinda generic music instead.

y

hydruxo

Honestly with how terrible the communication has been between DICE and the community, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they did that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom