• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braag

As fun as the game is, there are a few things that annoy me so much that they put me off from playing the game at times.

The matchmaking is completely fucked, the game doesn't seem to try to balance the teams in any way which means most of the time one team dominates the other completely. In my 33 hour playtime I've only rarely been in a game where both teams seemed to be on about same level and the match felt really tense.

Also there's no way to choose a completely new game when you enter a mode. Once you push the game mode you wanna play, the game instantly throws you in some random game which 90% of the time means you'll end up taking someone's place who rage quit few minutes before the match is over since your team is getting fucked so hard by the enemy team.
And once that match is over, a new one begins with same people on the same teams which means your team is most likely going to get obliterated again. Being able to scramble the teams would help situations like this because eventually most people from your team is going to leave anyway since your team is losing so hard and in the end there's just you and one other player fighting together against the entire enemy team in a battle you can't win.

Woorloog

Banned
An enemy complained i lag-blinked around. Odd, i didn't experience anything but he couldn't hit me. Usually lag is negative for everyone, not just enemies...

So what are the big differences between the TIE Interceptor and the regular fighter?

The difference between the X wing and A wing is pretty clear and supposedly in this game the interceptor is the Empire's equivalent to the A wing. Doesnt seem all that special, though. Just a TIE fighter that is more pointy. Doesnt feel all that much faster or more maneuverable, but maybe I'm wrong.

The X wing seems to have balanced speed/power while the A wing in theory is supposed to be much faster and more maneuverable but with less firepower (though right now it seems to have speed and firepower). Since tie interceptor has the four canons I would actually prefer it to take the X-Wing's spot of speed/firepower balance and have the regular TIE with only two lasers be the faster one with the weaker lasers. Makes more sense to me.

Just sort of rambling.

Ambitious

I expected the challenges where you have to kill enemies using melee and the shock blaster to be a huge pain in the ass, but I actually had a blast. The Scout trait was really helpful for sneaking up on enemies.

Braag

I expected the challenges where you have to kill enemies using melee and the shock blaster to be a huge pain in the ass, but I actually had a blast. The Scout trait was really helpful for sneaking up on enemies.

The scout trait is amazing, being able to stay off the enemy radar is really important. Though I tend to change it to bodyguard in bigger maps due to everyone using homing missiles.

MDave

Yeah, team balancing seems non existent in this.

Maybe it is when a fresh batch of players start off in a few rounds, but once one team keeps winning more as the other players on the other team leave because they lost a match, that starts the ball rolling for the good players staying on the winning team and the losing team always has new players (good and bad) coming in, seeing they are getting destroyed by the team full of good players and quitting out, and the cycle repeats until there isn't enough players to start a game on the losing team.

I stayed on the losing team through a whole map cycle to see how it works, and yeah this is my conclusion. I even got the most kills on the losing team a few times, more then the winning team! But not one single win. 8 games on WA, so every map played twice (rebels and imperials).

Is this how it worked in the beta? Did players complain they wanted to stay on the same team of players each round?

Hey, friend and I are trying to get our Battlefront on (PC Version) and for some very odd reason we don't appear on each other's friend's list, can't "readd" each other, and definitely can't play Battlefront together.

Anyone else experiencing this trouble?

pots555

Well...for the first time tonight, I had more kills than deaths... I still can't believe it. I just played the Droid Run all night and had a blast. I really like Endor as a map. Almost no lag tonight (on the xbox one). Maybe I should stick to the smaller types of game.

5taquitos

Well...for the first time tonight, I had more kills than deaths... I still can't believe it. I just played the Droid Run all night and had a blast. I really like Endor as a map. Almost no lag tonight (on the xbox one). Maybe I should stick to the smaller types of game.

The smaller modes are some of the most fun and balanced in the game. It's where I spend the majority of my time.

leng jai

Maybe it is when a fresh batch of players start off in a few rounds, but once one team keeps winning more as the other players on the other team leave because they lost a match, that starts the ball rolling for the good players staying on the winning team and the losing team always has new players (good and bad) coming in, seeing they are getting destroyed by the team full of good players and quitting out, and the cycle repeats until there isn't enough players to start a game on the losing team.

I stayed on the losing team through a whole map cycle to see how it works, and yeah this is my conclusion. I even got the most kills on the losing team a few times, more then the winning team! But not one single win. 8 games on WA, so every map played twice (rebels and imperials).

Is this how it worked in the beta? Did players complain they wanted to stay on the same team of players each round?

I'm pretty sure players never get swapped around. That's why if you're clearly on a terrible team it's better just to quit out and find another game. Most of the time you'll end up on the bad team since of course people leave more often when they're losing.

Jinjo

Yeah, once you find a team that wins as imperials on WA, stay the fuck in it for as long as you can lol.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's literally impossible to beat a DL-44 in close combat unless you're against an absolutely woeful player.
The jawa shotgun wins pretty much every time. Of course it is just about useless if you aren't pretty much in melee distance.

I have to say I hate the kill streak nature of the traits, I always think it's a bad idea to make better performing players even better by buffing their stats, especially as they likely already have an advantage due to their unlocks.

the weird grind im in trying to unlock heroes in the card game by playing the main game really makes me wish they had integrated the base command game into the game proper. The way the two things feed into one another really adds the metagame hook that Battlefront proper sorely lacks

Toa TAK

Banned
Well done
Thanks, bro!

101201-stormtrooper-twerk-gif-dancing-sMQu.gif

anyone think they will add classic conquest as a future gamemode?

I hope so. It's a classic game mode as far as I'm concerned.

lawnchair

Banned
conquest would be a welcome addition.. have they said they're adding new modes? there's already like 28 modes, i'm not sure how many we need. we need more maps for existing modes.

Interfectum

conquest would be a welcome addition.. have they said they're adding new modes? there's already like 28 modes, i'm not sure how many we need. we need more maps for existing modes.

There's too many uninteresting modes. Seems artificial padding for "content." I'd rather they cut most of the modes and enhance the most popular ones.

lawnchair

Banned
There's too many uninteresting modes. Seems artificial padding for "content." I'd rather they cut most of the modes and enhance the most popular ones.

i think you're right, but nobody would agree on which modes to keep. its tough to remove modes once you've put them out there. maybe they could just use stats to ditch the least played modes .. droid run and hero hunt would be my guesses

i think you're right, but nobody would agree on which modes to keep. its tough to remove modes once you've put them out there. maybe they could just use stats to ditch the least played modes .. droid run and hero hunt would be my guesses

Yep Droid Run and Hero Hunt have no thought put into them at all. Total throwaway modes.

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone else have a problem (on PC) that the game doesn't remember your default blaster?
I have T-21B at the moment but occasionally the game changes it to DLT-19 or T-21.

DJ Gunner

Yep Droid Run and Hero Hunt have no thought put into them at all. Total throwaway modes.

You're joking, right? Hero Hunt I get because it's sorta broken, but Droid Run is just Domination, a classic mode in any shooter. For the most part, the modes in this game are all extremely interesting and play very different from one another. Just because you might not like them does not make them "throwaway".

Ozorov

We'll have details to share in the near future. / EA

Regarding the Hero Holiday-event.

Near future = Coming Weeks™??????

Palpable

You're joking, right? Hero Hunt I get because it's sorta broken, but Droid Run is just Domination, a classic mode in any shooter. For the most part, the modes in this game are all extremely interesting and play very different from one another. Just because you might not like them does not make them "throwaway".

The entire round of Droid Run doesn't matter up until the final minute.

It's loosely based on Domination, but has a horrible victory mechanic, same as Hero Hunt.

DJ Gunner

It's loosely based on Domination, but has a horrible victory mechanic, same as Hero Hunt.

I agree the scoring could be tweaked. However, a throwaway mode to "pad content" it is not. Comments like that tend to come from people who think the game should have 15 WA maps and since it doesn't, the game is barebones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom