• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

I wish they would add shortcuts to the vehicle selection screen in Fighter Squadron. If you want to ride a TIE Fighter or an X-Wing, you can just keep hammering the X/A button after dying, but if you want to ride one of the other two, you have to reselect them every single time. A very minor complaint, but it's annoying nonetheless.

5taquitos

Do you think the season pass-maps will have missions?

I think they should add the current mission maps into the multiplayer, at least some of them. the Tatooine Survival map, the Sullust map with the two AT-ATs in the hangar, and the Hoth map with the second level would all make fun Blast maps.

lawnchair

Banned
I think they should add the current mission maps into the multiplayer, at least some of them. the Tatooine Survival map, the Sullust map with the two AT-ATs in the hangar, and the Hoth map with the second level would all make fun Blast maps.

100% yep.

adding more co-op stuff would be a cool bonus, but the main focus needs to be getting more maps into the online multiplayer.

Woorloog

Banned
What the fuck. Once again the game changed in-game keyboard layout from my Nordic one to American. Why? How? WTF... (Meaning ? gives _ and Ö, Ä etc. don't work.)

5taquitos

What the fuck. Once again the game changed in-game keyboard layout from my Nordic one to American. Why? How? WTF... (Meaning ? gives _ and Ö, Ä etc. don't work.)

Is there a chance you hit Win+Space and have American selected as one of your keyboard layout options? Win+Space will change the input language.

Woorloog

Banned
Is there a chance you hit Win+Space and have American selected as one of your keyboard layout options? Win+Space will change the input language.

If i did, it changes it only in-game, which i find odd.
Not impossible...

Can i disable that somehow? I have zero use for US keyboard layout.

is there anything you can do to not get stuck with shitty challenges? I get that they're meant to push you into other modes but when the cost to rid myself of them is 500 credits and most only reward you with like 100-200 credits you're getting screwed when you get a real shit challenge

Ozorov

Never thought about that. Good point

You're joking, right? Hero Hunt I get because it's sorta broken, but Droid Run is just Domination, a classic mode in any shooter. For the most part, the modes in this game are all extremely interesting and play very different from one another. Just because you might not like them does not make them "throwaway".

Droid Run is totally throw away. Nothing matters until the last 30 seconds of the game. You can hold 2 droids the entire time and lose 1 in the last second and you lose the game....its dumb, theres no thought put into it, and it is absolutely a throwaway mode.

Ozorov

"We'll be sharing additional information on the Season Pass soon"

Looks like they've changed from Coming Weeks till Soon :].

But they will still not respond to if we're getting 4 or 8 new heroes/villians. So I guess we're getting 4.

PrankT

Droid Run is totally throw away. Nothing matters until the last 30 seconds of the game. You can hold 2 droids the entire time and lose 1 in the last second and you lose the game....its dumb, theres no thought put into it, and it is absolutely a throwaway mode.
A good team will capture all droids and win, otherwise it's a battle that goes back and forth the entire time, which I enjoy since most other modes has one team steamrolling the other most of the time. That being said, the better team usually ends up with two of the droids. It's not much different than Supremacy where you can hold 3 points the nearly the entire time but lose it in the last few seconds.

I really want a server browser and server renting so I can play Drop Zone without playing on Ice Caves and Rebel Depot. They are both too enclosed for Drop Zone.

Dune Sea Exchange for life.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
EAStarWars ‏@EAStarWars 3 mins3 minutes ago
We should have more details about the next DLC and season pass coming very soon so stay tuned.

weeks to soon ? lol

DOWN

Banned
Why is Jakku the less graphically impressive? The sky box is amazing but some of the sand textures and PBR are weak. Makes me nervous if it has something to do with download sizes

A good team will capture all droids and win, otherwise it's a battle that goes back and forth the entire time, which I enjoy since most other modes has one team steamrolling the other most of the time. That being said, the better team usually ends up with two of the droids. It's not much different than Supremacy where you can hold 3 points the nearly the entire time but lose it in the last few seconds.

Its basically online MP musical chairs. All the work you do during the match doesnt mean shit. You can have two droids on lock down, half the team at each one, and have the entire enemy team rush one in the last minute for the win.

They should have had it more like conquest where the more you hold count down respawn tickets.

Ozorov

it'd be funny if they were completely silent for a week, and then announced that we failed the challenge. and then didn't announce anything new for another week

nsh.gif

I really hope they will nerf homing missile in the upcoming patch

I hope they throw it away. Im baffled they thought it was a good idea at all in the first place.

So the Luke/Han community challenge is over and no word from DICE or EA? WTF? Hurry up and give this game to DICE LA cuz the community support right now sucks.

Ozorov

I hope they throw it away. Im baffled they thought it was a good idea at all in the first place.

So the Luke/Han community challenge is over and no word from DICE or EA? WTF? Hurry up and give this game to DICE LA cuz the community support right now sucks.

"Very soon" :).

And yes they should remove it or nerf it to hell

EA Twitter said:
Q: Any news on DLC?
A: As soon as possible. Keep an eye out here.

Q: Gotta hurry up with the DLC guys. I've completely exhausted this game I paid $100 for.
A: You won't have to wait much longer

Looks like we'll get it pretty soon then.

Ozorov

So if I'm reading into the twitter answers correct we're getting 4 new heroes/villians. One per pack I guess. Kinda weird to release one per pack instead of two, one for each side.

So if I'm reading into the twitter answers correct we're getting 4 new heroes/villians. One per pack I guess. Kinda weird to release one per pack instead of two, one for each side.

I was hoping it'd be 8 new characters, 4 heroes, 4 villains, but of course it won't be that. Only have 1 hero or villian per pack is lame and makes the numbers weird, but oh well, we'll take what we can get.

So who's the speculation? Kylo's gotta be one, then probably Rey and or Finn? or would they go Clone wars for like Maul and Obi for the other two?

Ozorov

I was hoping it'd be 8 new characters, 4 heroes, 4 villains, but of course it won't be that. Only have 1 hero or villian per pack is lame and makes the numbers weird, but oh well, we'll take what we can get.

So who's the speculation? Kylo's gotta be one, then probably Rey and or Finn? or would they go Clone wars for like Maul and Obi for the other two?

I will crush your dreams and say we won't get anything from TFA or the prequals.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I really hope they will nerf homing missile in the upcoming patch
Why is it that big a deal? It takes forever to lock on, can't lock on if someone is in cover, and is easily avoided by ducking into cover, jet packing or often just running and jumping. It's main use is taking out shielded people or getting people's heads down or getting the odd lucky kill for bottom rung players to go 2-12. Meanwhile the vast majority of top players are going 50-2 using bow caster, explosive shot and jet pack and an overpowered pistol.

Yes, I had to omit Yoda to include good and bad Lando. ;p

Anyway, who else could they do for Villains, maybe some of the other bounty hunters, unless they do like 3 or 4 Heroes and then They open up the Heroes vs Villains mode to use anybody.

I did see the article after Christmas saying No Force Awakens DLC, but haven't seen an absolute NO to Prequel DLC yet, so there's always a chance. ;o

Ozorov

Why is it that big a deal? It takes forever to lock on, can't lock on if someone is in cover, and is easily avoided by ducking into cover, jet packing or often just running and jumping. It's main use is taking out shielded people or getting people's heads down or getting the odd lucky kill for bottom rung players to go 2-12. Meanwhile the vast majority of top players are going 50-2 using bow caster, explosive shot and jet pack and an overpowered pistol.

It's the star card the kills me the most in the big modes. I don't see bow caster that much (PS4). You should see some peoples stats here on GAF. Homing Missile is their main weapon it looks like.

Ozorov

Yes, I had to omit Yoda to include good and bad Lando. ;p

Anyway, who else could they do for Villains, maybe some of the other bounty hunters, unless they do like 3 or 4 Heroes and then They open up the Heroes vs Villains mode to use anybody.

I did see the article after Christmas saying No Force Awakens DLC, but haven't seen an absolute NO to Prequel DLC yet, so there's always a chance. ;o

I have no idea. Some people here mentioned IG-88 as a villian.

PrankT

It's the star card the kills me the most in the big modes. I don't see bow caster that much (PS4). You should see some peoples stats here on GAF. Homing Missile is their main weapon it looks like.
As someone who hates the homing shot, the bowcaster + jump pack is worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom