• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the quality of players has dropped drastically this week... or maybe I was just on fire.

I went 32-3 in a Tie Interceptor two matches after going 28-4 in the same ship. I have video evidence that it wasn't all AI (most of it was, but still enough human casualties to earn the trophy had I not already claimed it).

nillah

Banned
No regrets here utilizing the homing missile, I have No regrets.

It will go down as one of the best weapons in gaming HISTORY

hydruxo

So if I'm reading into the twitter answers correct we're getting 4 new heroes/villians. One per pack I guess. Kinda weird to release one per pack instead of two, one for each side.

I think they'll do 2 packs with 2 heroes/villains each, and then 2 of the packs won't have any heroes/villains. That way both sides get one.

5taquitos

I think they'll do 2 packs with 2 heroes/villains each, and then 2 of the packs won't have any heroes/villains. That way both sides get one.

Yeah, they'll either do this, or dedicate one pack as a "Heroes and Villains" pack and just release them all at once.

leng jai

If you're using Homing Shot you're basically saying "I can't be be fucked aiming, let's just use this nonsense". I get killed by it in close range and from behind all the time.

PrankT

Haven't seen this at all (probably because I haven't played in weeks) what do they do, in the middle of a jump just fire downwards?
Jump, charge/shoot bowcaster at ground, bolts and explosive damage from bowcaster kill any person in area. It's impossible to escape unless you jetpack away ahead of time, and it's extremely difficult to shoot anyone out of the sky. They typically begin their jump in an area you aren't closed to, so you are just running along and randomly die and never see it coming. When paired with the Bounty Hunter trait a person gets to level 3 and can continue to jump and bowcast nonstop since the cooldown resets on each kill. You can cancel out of the bowcaster at any time as well, so it's pretty easy to go on runs. I did it once and never again, it's evil.

Jump, charge/shoot bowcaster at ground, bolts and explosive damage from bowcaster kill any person in area. It's impossible to escape unless you jetpack away ahead of time, and it's extremely difficult to shoot anyone out of the sky. They typically begin their jump in an area you aren't closed to, so you are just running along and randomly die and never see it coming. When paired with the Bounty Hunter trait a person gets to level 3 and can continue to jump and bowcast nonstop since the cooldown resets on each kill. You can cancel out of the bowcaster at any time as well, so it's pretty easy to go on runs. I did it once and never again, it's evil.

Yikes, had no idea it was that bad, definitely evil. lol

Palpable

Only thing that will save you is popping on a personal shield.

Why is it that big a deal? It takes forever to lock on, can't lock on if someone is in cover, and is easily avoided by ducking into cover, jet packing or often just running and jumping. It's main use is taking out shielded people or getting people's heads down or getting the odd lucky kill for bottom rung players to go 2-12. Meanwhile the vast majority of top players are going 50-2 using bow caster, explosive shot and jet pack and an overpowered pistol.

Its a total jobber weapon...but there are sometimes where it just cant be avoided. If you are out in the open and you dont have the jetpack or it hasnt recharged yet, you're pretty much dead.

Yes you can dodge it if you see it early enough but most of the time you cant tell where the thing is coming from. Its just a cheap weapon for scrubs to get kills with, I cant believe that anybody at DICE thought it was a good idea.

void666

Banned
I don't mind being killed by homing shot. I hide behind cover or jump away. Well, there was this one match when i got got killed by homing shots 3 times while hiding well behind cover with no clear line of sight. Not sure what happened there. Lag maybe?

Anyway, bowcaster is a cheap weapon. Most of the time there's nothing you can do to avoid it.

PrankT

To be fair, not a lot of people can pull it off regularly...but when you are in a match where a lot of people are trying this combo it is very annoying. I hope they change the third tier of the Bounty Hunter perk to not reset the cooldown.

Bu933Q0.gif

lawnchair

Banned
If I keep saying it, maybe it will happen:

dont want that atrocious looking character anywhere near my star wars game

luke skywalker! darth vader! the emperor! boba fett! princess leia! han solo! AND! ....... some dual wielding jedi teenager from a cartoon i've never watched? no thanks

pots555

20 hours in and I really want to like the game. Sometimes, it lets me do that. Some epic matches where some degree of strategy is involved. But for two nights, I've had matches where I was up against three or four players with DL-44's. After four or five minutes, my teammates starts to quit. I end up loosing all the time and I don't think it's about me getting better. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

This is so sad because I am loving the game otherwise. I don't think it will happen, but it would be great for everyone if they nerf the gun. Am I the only one thinking this? How fun is it to go against a team that finishes with three guys with 30 kills and 2 deaths? Don't you guys enjoy the game more when the matches are more even?

Maybe I just need a break from it. I should get back to Bloodborne.

Sayers

Yeah I've noticed an increase in the amount of people using the DL-44 in the larger modes. Maybe all the Christmas kids finally leveled up high enough to unlock it? I don't know. Losing to the DL-44 is the only thing that really pisses me off in this game (ok, that and the homing shot). I lose an encounter to any other gun in this game, I say "fine, I got outplayed". The DL-44? I think "fuck you jackass".

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah I've noticed an increase in the amount of people using the DL-44 in the larger modes. Maybe all the Christmas kids finally leveled up high enough to unlock it? I don't know. Losing to the DL-44 is the only thing that really pisses me off in this game (ok, that and the homing shot). I lose an encounter to any other gun in this game, I say "fine, I got outplayed". The DL-44? I think "fuck you jackass".

Exactly, lol.

I am like, the new "n00b cannon".

JimiNutz

Banned
The DL-44 may be overpowered but I don't care because it's fun to use and still requires some skill to use.
Consistently landing headshots requires a steady hand (especially when dealing with multiple opponents) and you are at a disadvantage when engaging someone at range.

If it's that overpowered why isn't everyone using it? Some people suck with the weapon.

Ozorov

The DL-44 may be overpowered but I don't care because it's fun to use and still requires some skill to use.
Consistently landing headshots requires a steady hand (especially when dealing with multiple opponents) and you are at a disadvantage when engaging someone at range.

If it's that overpowered why isn't everyone using it? Some people suck with the weapon.

I think they need to slow down the fire rate or make it overheat faster.

That's my biggest problem with this game, the lack of communication. What the fuck is going on? Even when DICE Sweden was running BF4 they still talked about what they were doing.

Ozorov

That's my biggest problem with this game, the lack of communication. What the fuck is going on? Even when DICE Sweden was running BF4 they still talked about what they were doing.

Yup it has been very bad so far. Hopefully it will be better.

This is the most common sense opinion I've heard about that weapon. Completely agree.

Its fun to use? Yeah most OP weapons are. Dunno what game you are playing but a good 85% of my deaths are from that weapon. Why isnt everybody using it? Not everybody has it unlocked. I dont personally use it because it feels like an exploit.

Also it doesnt really matter if you land headshots with it. Two chest shots is a kill as well and thats faster than just about any other gun aside from the T-21 or the shotgun which dont have near the fire rate.

I really wish that DICE would release the gun data for this game. I could guarantee that the DL-44 has more kills than any other weapon.

Palpable

dont want that atrocious looking character anywhere near my star wars game

luke skywalker! darth vader! the emperor! boba fett! princess leia! han solo! AND! ....... some dual wielding jedi teenager from a cartoon i've never watched? no thanks

I have to agree with this.

Apeboy

im sure if DICE had more time to make this game it would be a better game. This game, even with how technically polished it is, screams short-and-stressful development period

In house engine, bf4 guinea pig community, decades of experience in FPSs, elementary balancing and spawning issues don't bother with balance patch or even communicate intentions.

Screams mailed in to me.

There is a 100% chance it was. EA was already a harsh mistress, add Disney to that and it must be hell to develop for both of them.

the hope is that it would at least get stellar post launch support like BF4 eventually did.

The lack of even an announced dlc pack suggests to me that they barely got this out of the door and are now tackling their season pass plans properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom