• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Regarding the Hero Holiday-challenge. Did they do they same things for Battlefield? I've read some stuff that they did, and the rewards were new in-game things like weapons and camos for vehicles?

Tubie

Holy shit, have they really not said anything about the Hero Holiday yet? lmao this is a new level of shit from DICE.

Regarding the Hero Holiday-challenge. Did they do they same things for Battlefield? I've read some stuff that they did, and the rewards could be new in-game things?

Whenever they had community missions the reward was almost always a gold battlepack or a dog tag, but there is no equivalent to those in this game.

In BF4 they gave out the reward pretty much when the event ended, or at the very least they communicated pretty fast the details of the reward and how or when to claim them.

Holy shit, have they really not said anything about the Hero Holiday yet? lmao this is a new level of shit from DICE.

Whenever they had community missions the reward was almost always a gold battlepack or a dog tag, but there is no equivalent to those in this game.

In BF4 they gave out the reward pretty much when the event ended, or at the very least they communicated pretty fast the details of the reward and how or when to claim them.

I suppose it will just be a substantial credit reward or free charges. Only other thing I can think of might be a new emote, of which I'd prefer the former possibilities.

Ambitious

A few days ago, I used the DL-44 for a change. Since then, whenever I launch the game, my loadout always defaults to the DL-44 instead of the weapon I used last. So annoying.

adj_noun

Its fun to use? Yeah most OP weapons are. Dunno what game you are playing but a good 85% of my deaths are from that weapon.

I just roll my eyes whenever I see DL-44 on the kill screen. Now that I've used it I know how much effort it takes to get kills with that thing.

moai

So i got to level 50 like a month ago and abandoned the game until they balanced it. It became really annoying getting killed by that dl44 gun and the insane advantage that awings had. its ridiculous that both things have not been fixed.

curb

Banned
I've played a grand total of 4 hours since the game came out (mostly due to having a new job) and 95% of it has been Fighter Squadron. I just love that mode.

Orcus

As fun as the game is, there are a few things that annoy me so much that they put me off from playing the game at times.

The matchmaking is completely fucked, the game doesn't seem to try to balance the teams in any way which means most of the time one team dominates the other completely. In my 33 hour playtime I've only rarely been in a game where both teams seemed to be on about same level and the match felt really tense.

Also there's no way to choose a completely new game when you enter a mode. Once you push the game mode you wanna play, the game instantly throws you in some random game which 90% of the time means you'll end up taking someone's place who rage quit few minutes before the match is over since your team is getting fucked so hard by the enemy team.
And once that match is over, a new one begins with same people on the same teams which means your team is most likely going to get obliterated again. Being able to scramble the teams would help situations like this because eventually most people from your team is going to leave anyway since your team is losing so hard and in the end there's just you and one other player fighting together against the entire enemy team in a battle you can't win.

I've been kinda lurking this thread and the main thing I've noticed that people are missing the mark on is also the biggest issue with this game. It's not the dl44, the a-wing, unbalanced maps or modes that people are criticizing, although those things need to fixed. The biggest issue with this game, that will actually impact it's longevity and player base, is the lack of team balancing! At least you got it right.

Nothing is worse than 5 great players on the other team abusing one of the many imbalanced aspects of this game, while your team is full of a bunch of new players. Every server seems to eventually death spiral into this scenario; good players quit losing teams and join other games looking for better teams. Meanwhile all of the unbalanced and broken aspects of this game are magnified by horribly unbalanced teams. DICE-DICE needs to fix this issue ASAP and put in a decent team balancing system. I can't believe they didn't do this after bf3 & 4.

I also hope DICE-LA gets this game. Preferably sooner in the game's life cycle than they got BF4 since BF5 is supposed to be right around corner

No Love

Banned
I used to love it! I did!

I just can't stand the Rebel advantage.

Once you become really good you don't need the Rebel advantage. I've got 15 kills before many times as a TIE Interceptor. Trying to work on 20+ kills but the mode is so damn short. I really want a 500-1000 point Fighter Squadron mode. It needs more time to breathe.

Pastry

Banned
I can't believe that two months in there still hasnt been a peep about proper balance. I play a game, get frustrated that nothing has been fixed and then go back to BF4.

adj_noun

I can't believe that two months in there still hasnt been a peep about proper balance. I play a game, get frustrated that nothing has been fixed and then go back to BF4.

I have to assume things like A-Wing/DL-44 are at least on the docket.

The alternative is too depressing to contemplate.

lawnchair

Banned

yep. im still playing a bit, but its frustrating as hell that they havent even said anything about balance. if i had the twitters i would be all over these SONS OF BITCHES

I really like Heroes versus Villains. One thing: is there a way to opt out of playing as a hero in rounds other than the first? I really enjoy playing as a normie in this mode a lot of the time and get bummed when I get picked to be a hero sometimes. If not, they should add it.

I do like playing as Palp though.

Still not very far along leveling wise. Didn't get to play much this week. Hit 18 tonight.

More people should use ion torpedo in the larger modes. I don't really mind homing shots that much as a concept but they are so ubiquitous that it feels like people don't want to run anything else unless they are doing something with the bowcaster.

Ambitious

Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
A-Wing grabs Health pickup
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Another A-Wing shows up right behind me and kills me with two shots

fun

Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
A-Wing grabs Health pickup
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Firing at A-Wing
Another A-Wing shows up right behind me and kills me with two shots

fun

Yup. A-Wings are absolute bullshit in this game.

Just started playing the game on PS4.. it's fun! I might have played 6 hours or so over the last week. Will probably play a bit less from now on (work and stuff), so it feels I'll never get to unlock the really advanced stuff (though unlocking that twi'lek would be awesome*), but it's fun to unwind after a long day of work.

Thoughts: most modes are just ok, but a few modes I could see myself playing over. Turning point is great fun, and I just started playing the AT-AT mission. I am a super xwing/Tie fighter vet, but didn't really like the air battles much. Heroes and villains is kind of fun too. Hero Hunt is so poorly balanced it's not even funny. Maybe I played too little of it, but getting to be a hero for giving a finishing shot instead of most damage (or at least some combination) is just dumb. Plus, in this mode the relative strength of hero varies wildly- Leia completely dominated the games I was in (perhaps because no one had contact grenades, but otherwise she was just using her shield, popping out to kill a peon or two, and getting back in).

I really hate the homing missile weapon and wish it wasn't in the game. It just slows you down/ forces you to hide. It's rarely useful that much, but it's annoying when you get killed by it OR when you just wait it out. In general, I kind of wish there was less 'advanced' options and just had regular weapons and maybe custom side weapons. But no bullshit like cards, bounty hunter perks and so on.

* for the empire, I am going to wait for the imperial guard. Because they are going to show up, right?

MADGAME

New bug for me. My shield Star Card currently has 71 charges, seen in the setup and card screens. Spawn into game and I have one. exit, I have 71. Enter into game again, one. Restarted, bought more, played a few games, still broken. Come on.

Also, never realized how cool the Stormtrooper art printed on the disc is. Damn sexy.

Klocker

New bug for me. My shield Star Card currently has 71 charges, seen in the setup and card screens. Spawn into game and I have one. exit, I have 71. Enter into game again, one. Restarted, bought more, played a few games, still broken. Come on.

Also, never realized how cool the Stormtrooper art printed on the disc is. Damn sexy.

You should be able to hit the star card button and it works and fixes it, either that or pick up a charge on battlefield and then activate and it will reset properly

MADGAME

Nope Klocker, it doesn't. I played several games, used the one charge I start with and it goes to zero. Picking up charges on the field adds one as normal, but doesn't restore my count. After the game I see all my charges, but in game I only get one. All my other cards work fine, it's just the shield.

hydruxo

Nope Klocker, it doesn't. I played several games, used the one charge I start with and it goes to zero. Picking up charges on the field adds one as normal, but doesn't restore my count. After the game I see all my charges, but in game I only get one. All my other cards work fine, it's just the shield.

You try buying more charges? Maybe get more than 99 and see if it fixes the charge count.

Today was frustrating. One round I played I was the first with 48/16 and got 8k pts. Then I lost connection with the EA servers and got no points, nothing. Great. Then another round. EVERYBODY was using homing shot in the other team. I was killed at least 10 times in a row by that fucking bullshit. Had to quit. FFS

Ambitious

I see more and more Scout Troopers with each passing day. I assume that in a few more weeks, the Imperial players will be 95% Shadow Troopers.

Garryk

Hadn't had much trouble with the DL-44 until I started playing drop zone to work on a challenge. I would say 95% of my deaths came from that blaster.

Weapon balance aside, I think my biggest gripe with the game is that it doesn't seem to rebalance teams. My team lost drop zone four times in a row to the same opposing team. First time was 5-1, the rest were 5-0. Coming from Destiny, that was what I liked the most. If you got wrecked one game it would drop you back into matchmaking instead of just pairing the same two teams.

Sayers

Several times lately I have thrown a grenade and watched it fly far away from me . . . only to spontaneously combust a few seconds later and be told I killed myself. I don't know if it's a bug or if the server thinks it bounced back at me but it's really annoying.

Woorloog

Banned
Several times lately I have thrown a grenade and watched it fly far away from me . . . only to spontaneously combust a few seconds later and be told I killed myself. I don't know if it's a bug or if the server thinks it bounced back at me but it's really annoying.

I swear i've thrown grenades over my friends yet i somehow die when the blast appears next to me, as if the grenade had got stuck to a friendly or something like that. It is as if there was disconnect between what you see and what data the server has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom