• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Several times lately I have thrown a grenade and watched it fly far away from me . . . only to spontaneously combust a few seconds later and be told I killed myself. I don't know if it's a bug or if the server thinks it bounced back at me but it's really annoying.

I swear i've thrown grenades over my friends yet i somehow die when the blast appears next to me, as if the grenade had got stuck to a friendly or something like that. It is as if there was disconnect between what you see and what data the server has.

This happens far too often.

Special C

The dilemma with team balancing is that rebels and imperials are different so the game wants you to alternate. Team swapping would throw that off.

Apeboy

Finally played Walker Assault!

It's ace, way better than Supremacy.

I stopped supremacy after about two days. The spawn ganking is the worst. WA and Turning Point are the only two I enjoy. The small maps for all the other modes are neat but I can't take everyone running headlong into each other with DL-44s every single round.

Alucrid

Banned
i'm actually having a really good time with this so far. hero modes are dumb fun that remind me of dark sector multiplayer. is there a way to switch what shoulder the camera is over? supremacy feels wayy too long, especially since both sides seemed to have trouble advancing.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I just like being able to give Homing Shot the finger.

gumby-blocks-basketball-shot.gif

MDave

I feel it's the same as being sniped by a Pulse Cannon, in terms of annoying levels of "No way to counter that". But if you stick to cover, its chances of both those weapons killing you drop by alot. If you have a jump pack and no cover, can dodge a homing shot easy enough.

Would be nice if the impact grenade and barrage shot was more useful again. They don't have to be OP launch levels, but better then they are now so they actually do something.

Palpable

What's really annoying is when some bitch is charging their pulse cannon and you step out to shoot them because it looks like they're aiming it slightly to the left, but in reality they're aiming right at you and you get killed

Ambitious

An Airspeeder was about to take down our AT-AT. At least eight teammates were right next to it, and not a single one was shooting the Airspeeder. Jesus fucking Christ.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
An Airspeeder was about to take down our AT-AT. At least eight teammates were right next to it, and not a single one was shooting the Airspeeder. Jesus fucking Christ.

Had a similar problem this morning in Supremacy.

Teammates were straight up B-Lining past control points while I captured them.

lawnchair

Banned

i'm not sure if many people know that they can do it, tbh. i dont think its explained that well in the game. (i never played any of the training missions so maybe that explains my ignorance). i didnt learn about the use of airspeeders to take down walkers, or the ability to shoot airspeeders in the act, until reading about it on gaf.

JonCha

i'm not sure if many people know that they can do it, tbh. i dont think its explained that well in the game. (i never played any of the training missions so maybe that explains my ignorance). i didnt learn about the use of airspeeders to take down walkers, or the ability to shoot airspeeders in the act, until reading about it on gaf.

It's in the training missions, at least taking down Walkers with Airspeeders.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah, I think that is gonna be one of the main problems with balancing the Walker assault mode, there can be a vast difference in games depending on the players. If they balance based on the current player base, they are likely going to have to rebalance down the line. You still have rebels using orbital strikes to take out one guy instead of using it on the atat. The rebels have multiple ways or winning, whereas the Imperial side have one. If you have 20 players all with ion shot and ion torpedo and saving vehicle turrets, and smart rockets and orbital strikes, you might only need a couple of y-wings per round to win.

Just went 35 and 3 with an A-Wing in Supremacy. Those three deaths were before getting in the A-Wing. Never really used it outside of Fighter Squadron, holy shit it needs nerfed bad.

Ambitious

That feeling when you finally, finally manage to grab an A-Wing pickup, and then you realize you confused the icons; it's actually a fucking Airspeeder.

Yeah, I am still baffled it has shields.
After growing up playing Rogue Squadron, the A-Wing in this is... well it has no downsides. Feels as durable, if not more than the X-Wing (those feel like paper mache sometimes), seemingly more maneuverable than either TIE, hits hard. It's bonkers.

Like, it should be fast, and basically be a glass cannon. But no.

leng jai

This game has too much blatantly stupid shit like the Bowcaster, DL-44, A-Wing and Homing shot. It's getting more common as well since more and more people are catching on.

Sayers

Maybe they've quietly extended it so they don't have to lie when they tell us we completed it. Can't have the first community event fall short of the goal. Not a good look.

leng jai

Wow I just saw a game where for 10 straight minutes an A-Wing was was spawn killing people on the ground over and over again and the game wouldn't stop spawning everyone there. Ended up on like 80 kills literally doing the same swooping 20 times in a row. How fucking stupid can the game get.

When this game starts to get boring I like to take a break and play some Siege, then when I return to Battlefront everything is shiny and cool again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom