• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
The Blaster Cannon's frigging awesome!
Finding a right moment to use it isn't that easy but in those moments, it is ridiculously good. In Supremacy and Walker Assault both. In the smaller modes it isn't very good.

The power up i dislike most is the goddamn shield, i never have any use for it thanks to way i play and move around the maps.

Is there anything more disappointing then grabbing and power up only to get a Card Refresh?
Blaster Cannon is worse, at least in Supremacy.
Blaster cannon is always worse! ;)
Yeah, I'll take the Card Refresh over the Blaster Cannon any day of the week. The BC is so highly situational and damned near worthless in modes like Blast.

With Card Refresh I can make some very good decisions about the three cards in my hand, knowing that they can be taken off cool-down at will, which transcends any game type.

Had a good night with this game last night. First place every fighter squadron game I played, team win every heroes vs villains game I played. I was in the zone and trash talking the characters like I knew them. Grand old time.

Also, today's reminder that if your hand includes both the DL-44 and the homing shot, you are the travesty of man.

Interfectum

Had a good night with this game last night. First place every fighter squadron game I played, team win every heroes vs villains game I played. I was in the zone and trash talking the characters like I knew them. Grand old time.

Also, today's reminder that if your hand includes both the DL-44 and the homing shot, you are the travesty of man.

T-21B + Pulse card + Homing card + Ion card = :)

5taquitos

My loadout lately has been T21/EE3 depending on the map, with Thermal + Cycler + Scan Pulse with Scout.

As soon as I get two more Cycler headshots I'm dropping it like a bad habit and going back to a fun loadout.

Ozorov

Finally level 50!

tumblr_mm1ox0xLhK1rb0t8ko1_500.gif

GeeTeeCee

I was reading one of those Star Wars illustrated vehicle guides today, and I stumble upon a page dedicated to the specs of the hated A-Wing.

According to the book, A-Wings "sacrifice shields, heavy weapons, and hull armour for speed and lightning-fast acceleration."

Explain pls, DICE.

Ozorov

I was reading one of those Star Wars illustrated vehicle guides today, and I stumble upon a page dedicated to tWa specs of the hated A-Wing.

According to the book, A-Wings "sacrifice shields, heavy weapons, and hull armour for speed and lightning-fast acceleration."

Explain pls, DICE.

I think DICE only read the positives of the ship and forgot the negative sides

Sayers

Finally tried a couple rounds of Hero Hunt. Is it just me or is the guy who gets Han Solo a couple times pretty much guaranteed to win the game?

5taquitos

Finally tried a couple rounds of Hero Hunt. Is it just me or is the guy who gets Han Solo a couple times pretty much guaranteed to win the game?

In the few times that I've played it, I've found that you can do really well with any hero that can quickly pick off enemies at range. I've had particular success with Leia.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought this with my friend and the party system seems really bad? Like he doesn't automatically join a lobby with me, he always has to press triangle to join when I find a game, are we doing something wrong?

PrankT

I just bought this with my friend and the party system seems really bad? Like he doesn't automatically join a lobby with me, he always has to press triangle to join when I find a game, are we doing something wrong?
It's been a while since I played with friends, but I think that's the way to do it. Make a party, enter a server, and the rest of the party joins after.

Orcus

... Make a party, enter a server, and the rest of the party joins after.

Make a party, enter a server, and the rest of the party is prompted to join.

I'm sure you know that, but the poster was specifically asking about party auto join, so it needed to be clarified.

MrDaravon

I actually literally cannot believe it's January 11th and still absolutely nothing from Dice regarding DLC, patches, anything. Like, even ha ha worse case scenario I figured we would have gotten an inkling of a patch at the very least last Monday, and that was already being extremely generous in giving them until after the first of the year.

Honestly scratching my head now, what on earth is going on over there? Is everything super on fire and they're way behind, are they having crazy tech problems or what? Super super weird at this point.

Is melee effed up in this game or what?

I can be literally standing on a guys feet and melee him and nothing happens but just now playing Turning Point I got melee'd from a good 10-15 feet away from a guy. WTF?

Is melee effed up in this game or what?

I can be literally standing on a guys feet and melee him and nothing happens but just now playing Turning Point I got melee'd from a good 10-15 feet away from a guy. WTF?

Likely more of a connection issue. I can get one-shotted by the shock blaster from several yards away, and my point-blank shots sometimes only bring their hp down to 40-10.

Did a bit more airspeeder stuff to hopefully land a tow cable, and now the issue I'm running into is the minigame jumping all over the place at the slightest correction. Is there some optimum sensitivity I need to have set (PC)?

hydruxo

I actually literally cannot believe it's January 11th and still absolutely nothing from Dice regarding DLC, patches, anything. Like, even ha ha worse case scenario I figured we would have gotten an inkling of a patch at the very least last Monday, and that was already being extremely generous in giving them until after the first of the year.

Honestly scratching my head now, what on earth is going on over there? Is everything super on fire and they're way behind, are they having crazy tech problems or what? Super super weird at this point.

It really is mind boggling. I mean any other EA game we'd have already had DLC reveals left and right by now. It's been almost 2 months since the game came out and there's barely been any communication from DICE.

I have come to a point where I'm anticipating the balancing patches more than the DLC itself.
I really would like to be a fly on the wall in the DICE office at the moment....

So that holiday event.....

PWfHC8ogZpWcE.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So what needs fixing and will realistically be fixed? I bought the game tonight and have been enjoying it even if I'm super overwhelmed by everything. In my few hours I noticed that last pistol seems insane, it was dropping me instantly. 3rd person aiming/throwing grenades seemed a bit wonky as well but that could just be not being used to controller gaming.

So what needs fixing and will realistically be fixed? I bought the game tonight and have been enjoying it even if I'm super overwhelmed by everything. In my few hours I noticed that last pistol seems insane, it was dropping me instantly. 3rd person aiming/throwing grenades seemed a bit wonky as well but that could just be not being used to controller gaming.

• DL-44 needs a range nerf. Damage should stay the same since otherwise we'll be calling for the shock blaster and T21 to be nerfed next.
  • Spawn points in modes need adjustments. Endor in particular tends to spawn some teams way too far from objectives (Last 2 segments in WA spawn Imperials too far off)
  • A-Wings need their hitboxes adjusted so they can take damage when they should be doing so, banking or otherwise.
  • AT-STs need a small buff in health. Currently can be cutdown in seconds.
  • Tie-Fighters need an adjustment. Should be equal to the Rebels pairings. Perhaps give Ties shields and Interceptors speed. Give A-Wings speed instead of shields to compensate.
  • Heavily cut Hero ship HP, especially the Falcon's. Shield buffer for Falcon should probably take a small hit as well to eliminate the ramming exploit.
  • Rocket tracking of Y-Wings needs to be adjusted. 80% of the time rockets fired at Y-Wings do not hit, even when on the edge of the map and locking on the ship at the earliest opportunity.

The bolded are the ones I do expect them to fix/adjust at some point.

JimiNutz

Banned
I love the DL-44 but it definitely needs a range nerf. I regularly beat E-11 and even EE-3 players at range. That shit is ridiculous.

I think I've accepted that I'll never get to play as a Hero in Supremacy or Walker Assault.
mjcry1.png

Oh well at least I can get one of the air vehicles now and again. Most of the time though I'll spawn just to have some asshole kamikaze me
mjcry1.png

I think I've accepted that I'll never get to play as a Hero in Supremacy or Walker Assault.
mjcry1.png

Oh well at least I can get one of the air vehicles now and again. Most of the time though I'll spawn just to have some asshole kamikaze me
mjcry1.png
Use the Bounty hunter trait, increases the chance of something spawning near you.

Risgroo

Any tips for Sullust survival on master difficulty? I found a guide that said I should hide behind some crates, but I always get killed on the round with three TIEs and two AT-STs.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
  • DL-44 needs a range nerf. Damage should stay the same since otherwise we'll be calling for the shock blaster and T21 to be nerfed next.
  • Spawn points in modes need adjustments. Endor in particular tends to spawn some teams way too far from objectives (Last 2 segments in WA spawn Imperials too far off)
  • A-Wings need their hitboxes adjusted so they can take damage when they should be doing so, banking or otherwise.
  • AT-STs need a small buff in health. Currently can be cutdown in seconds.
  • Tie-Fighters need an adjustment. Should be equal to the Rebels pairings. Perhaps give Ties shields and Interceptors speed. Give A-Wings speed instead of shields to compensate.
  • Heavily cut Hero ship HP, especially the Falcon's. Shield buffer for Falcon should probably take a small hit as well to eliminate the ramming exploit.
  • Rocket tracking of Y-Wings needs to be adjusted. 80% of the time rockets fired at Y-Wings do not hit, even when on the edge of the map and locking on the ship at the earliest opportunity.

The bolded are the ones I do expect them to fix/adjust at some point.
  • They need to balance teams between rounds
  • DL-44 needs a range nerf and a slightly lower rate of fire or lower cooling
  • AT-ST needs to take less damage from small arms fire
  • They need to do something to limit how pick-ups specifically orbital strike are used on AT-AT's
  • No longer allow combining explosive shot with bowcaster
  • Have homing missile do 90% damage
I don't fly the ships, so that I can't comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom