• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very curious about the free content they are teasing aside from the season pass stuff. I sure do hope it means the offline mode.

Nope homing missile definitely passes through.

Much to my dismay, yes it does.
Reminding everyone that if you use the DL-44 and homing shot, you are the problem.

Very curious about the free content they are teasing aside from the season pass stuff. I sure do hope it means the offline mode.

Much to my dismay, yes it does.
Reminding everyone that if you use the DL-44 and homing shot, you are the problem.

Yep.

This is the common loadout I see now, upgraded homing shot, upgraded explosive shot, DL44

GeeTeeCee

While I'm generally pretty good at Fighter Squadron, I realise there is one thing I absolutely suck at - breaking away from someone who has a lock on my ship. I'll either get shot down instantly, or waste a minute weaving around in circles in the sky, never losing the pursuer, and worse, wasting time I could be using to get kills. Anyone got any strategies that work for them?

While I'm generally pretty good at Fighter Squadron, I realise there is one thing I absolutely suck at - breaking away from someone who has a lock on my ship. I'll either get shot down instantly, or waste a minute weaving around in circles in the sky, never losing the pursuer, and worse, wasting time I could be using to get kills. Anyone got any strategies that work for them?

It seems almost impossible to shake a determined pursuer. Basically run until someone picks them off.

Dont use the missile shake move because unless the guy is right behind you, it wont shake him and he knows that you've burned up your evasive maneuver. Alternate your speed and try and be unpredictable...also try to stay low and use the small valleys, bridges, and other buildings to try and shake them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Was playing a cargo match and the enemy with the cargo put on a shield. I threw a thermal imploder ahead of the guy running. Once it exploded, he was ON TOP of the imploder with his shield on... and he didn't die.

Was it possibly lag? I know this game does funky things when a match decides to lag out. Hitting triangle for the charged star cards sometimes causes my guy to shoot in those instances.

Also, will the bodyguard trait reduce thermal imploders enough to survive? I know it does for detonator and smart rockets no problem.

Was it possibly lag? I know this game does funky things when a match decides to lag out. Hitting triangle for the charged star cards sometimes causes my guy to shoot in those instances.

Also, will the bodyguard trait reduce thermal imploders enough to survive? I know it does for detonator and smart rockets no problem.

Level 3 you can indeed survive a thermal imploder.

FYC

Banned
They have said they will release free maps.

Star Cards too.

Of course, we are also planning to support Star Wars Battlefront with new content well into the future. We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass. We’ll have more to share soon.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
80% of your deaths are still gonna be from the DL44

Sure, but at least I'll have a chance 1v1 against it instead of always getting them to 10hp or less then dying. If I had the same weapon I would win those situations.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is it coming? That's one of the biggest issues IMO, you basically have to leave if you get shit stomped.

Ozorov

I know a lot of people (including me) have bashed on EA/DICE on their poor communication with us. But their twitter is pretty impressive, even if they won't tell us their season pass-plans yet ;). Often they will respone within 2-3 minutes.

hydruxo

I know a lot of people (including me) have bashed on EA/DICE on their poor communication with us. But their twitter is pretty impressive, even if they won't tell us their season pass-plans yet ;). Often they will respone within 2-3 minutes.

Interns gotta have something to do :)

lawnchair

Banned

good work

if i had twitter i would be all over that

leng jai

Aaaaarrgh, the AT-ST trample trophy is so annoying! I'm toast if just one or two people have the ion torpedo equipped.

AT-ST badly needs a HP/defense buff of some sort. Against decently equipped Rebels they'll get down within 30 seconds every time and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes you'll get lucky and go unnoticed for a few minutes and that's when you can quickly rack up 20+ kills.

I seem to get the most trample kills on Endor.

PrankT

AT-ST badly needs a HP/defense buff of some sort. Against decently equipped Rebels they'll get down within 30 seconds every time and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes you'll get lucky and go unnoticed for a few minutes and that's when you can quickly rack up 20+ kills.

It lasts for quite a while in Supremacy, so I haven't felt a need for a change in that mode. Perhaps it can just be buffed in Walker Assault.

Xzan

Yep.

This is the common loadout I see now, upgraded homing shot, upgraded explosive shot, DL44

Funny thing is, Explosive shot is flat damage per shot, so DL-44 users would probably get more benefit from Focus Fire. The star card page on Symthic says each bolt does +10 damage. That page is pre-nerf though, and the Explosive Shot damage nerf would've reduced that to +5 per shot.

The biggest benefit is obviously with low damage, high ROF weapons. i.e. RT-97C, A280C, SE-14C, EE-3, etc.

But with Focus Fire, a DL-44 user could easily out snipe anything other than a T21-B with ease...

Personally, I love my EE-3 but just thinking about a Focus Fire-buffed DL-44 right now is tempting...

Durden77

When the hell are they going to talk about the DLC? I'm still having a ton of fun with this game and is one of the only shooters I'll most likely get the season's pass for, but I can't bring myself to by it knowing nothing about it.

Ozorov

When the hell are they going to talk about the DLC? I'm still having a ton of fun with this game and is one of the only shooters I'll most likely get the season's pass for, but I can't bring myself to by it knowing nothing about it.
Probably next week

Risgroo

Finally got it! Trampled Luke for the last kill :D
And yeah, I think it needs to be a bit more resistant to ion weapons at least.

Ambitious

I don't know what the hell is going on with my PS4 today. It didn't connect to PSN, but there was no error message or anything. When I selected the friend list, for instance, the loading indicator just kept spinning indefinitely. However, Battlefront did not display the "You're disconnected!" message on top of the screen. Instead, it showed the horizontal list which usually displays my friends' avatars. But it was empty.

Putting the PS4 into standby mode and turning it on again didn't fix it. I had to fully turn it off. After playing Battlefront for a while, I went to grab a coffee. When I returned, it was in the same state as earlier, so I had to restart it again.

edit: It just happened again, but this time it fixed itself after a minute.

Ambitious

Uh, is there another way of obtaining charges apart from grabbing pickups and purchasing them? I somehow ended up with three times as many as I had when I started playing today, and I sure as hell didn't pick up that many.

edit: The charges don't carry over between star cards. What a stupid design decision.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hallowed be the Ori.

/smirk

I knew you would get it.

Uh, is there another way of obtaining charges apart from grabbing pickups and purchasing them? I somehow ended up with three times as many as I had when I started playing today, and I sure as hell didn't pick up that many.

edit: The charges don't carry over between star cards. What a stupid design decision.

I notice the best way to get a ton of charges without having to pay for them is play Hero Hunt, Blast, or Heroes vs. Villains. They are everywhere, and often ignore by people in those modes.

GeeTeeCee

Good lord is the shock blaster trash. Had to do a 25 kill challenge with it, and the only reliable way to kill anyone was to hide behind a wall during cargo matches and pop out suddenly when people try to steal the cargo. Any other situation and you will lose to practically any other weapon.

Ozorov

I use the DL-44 for missions, but in multiplayer it's all T-21B baby. Is the DL-44 really that OP? I honestly haven't noticed.

Ask Infinity Patriot here on GAF. He has 7670 kills with it.

image.php

EA Regarding the DLC said:
Gotta make sure everything is good to go before we release any details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom