• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
1cCMIIC.png

Yup. (Not my picture)

Seems legit.

JimiNutz

Banned
100 hours before you've started to get bored is pretty damn good.

Yeah the game has proven to be a great value purchase for me.
I'm a pretty casual gamer though, haven't played an online shooter seriously in years. Last game I played this much was the original Gears.

Toa TAK

Banned
Every time I see this thread bumped in my subscriptions box I get a little hopeful only to see a soul-crushing post about consulting a magic 8 ball.

But I'm sure next week things will be better.

Rebels comes back.

GeeTeeCee

While I'm usually awful in the larger modes, I had an absolutely fantastic run of games in Supremacy tonight. There was a core of players on our team who always ended up dominating the skies, as both Rebels and Imperials. If I was in an airspeeder I could bombard the ground targets safe in the knowledge that my A-Wing & X-Wing teammates were keeping the Ties off me, and whenever we switched I would respond in kind.

Probably the most fun I've had with the game in weeks.

Tubie

Explosive rounds on a DL is hilariously stupid

That has never happened with me. Headshots with the DL-44 that close do 90-95 damage.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=DL-44

50 damage up to 20m.

Headshots are 2x of regular damage.

You can even 2 shot people up to 30m if one of those shots is a headshot.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=T-21

T-21 is the only other gun that has 50 damage, but the damage on that one starts to drop at 10m.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So the DL-44 is still a gun for people of no skill or those seeking an unfair advantage?

Come on, DICE!

It's probably the most broken gun in any competitive shooter I've ever played, you can literally feel that they're using it before it pops up as you die so fast.

In other news, I'm finally starting to get the hang of this game (apart from the 40 man modes which I am absolutely terrible at), it's my first competitive shooter on console so I'm still awful with the controller but I had a nice game earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT-93iAOVw

Around 2:55 you get a good example of the DL44, it melts me so fast if you blink you'll miss it.

Woorloog

Banned
Amusingly, most people who use DL-44, whether good or not, seem to be pray and spray type. Like my friend, he just points the reticle and shoots as fast as he can, disregarding bloom and recoil and everything. Yet he is good.

I must be among the rare people who dislike the pistol. Indeed, there's no pistol in the game i like.
DL-44 is too slow, the DH-17 cools too slowly and i dislike burst-fire weapons in general (Halos's Battle Rifle being the sole exception).
Fucking 75 Pistol Kills challenge...

Woorloog

Banned
Difficult to call the DL-44 OP since it is available to anyone. If it were a rare power-up that was without doubt the best one, i'd call it OP.

For its intended niche, close combat, it may be also called OP, since it pretty much makes all other options obsolete or sub-par at best.

Overall? Not OP but not healthy for the game in general.

Klocker

The point of saying it is overpowered is because no other weapons are really useful in close quarter games like Cargo. it makes the gunplay much more boring with everyone rocking this thing except for a few random people that get killed most of the time

nerfing. It would make the gunplay a little more fun and a little less insta death.

Edit... I do pretty well against it with sec 14 f I keep explosive shot on

Woorloog

Banned
By the way, what's the biggest credit payout any of you have gotten?
Mine's just over 2000 credits (score of 20k, thanks to an award).

Asking out of curiosity, most credit payouts seem to hover around 750.

Tubie

By the way, what's the biggest credit payout any of you have gotten?
Mine's just over 2000 credits (score of 20k, thanks to an award).

Asking out of curiosity, most credit payouts seem to hover around 750.

50k, but that was during the 2xp event.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I am fucking awful at the 40 man modes, Jesus. It's a struggle not to go negative as fuck, but on the other modes I can top NP. I just have no idea what I'm doing, sitting back and camping like a bitch seems to yield the best results so far.

I am fucking awful at the 40 man modes, Jesus. It's a struggle not to go negative as fuck, but on the other modes I can top NP. I just have no idea what I'm doing, sitting back and camping like a bitch seems to yield the best results so far.

Just keep playing, learn the maps and hotspots.

What weapon you choose should dictate your map movement.

Make sure you equip the scout trait.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I played 5 games of Fighter Squadron today and somehow...

Barely anyone to no one used A-Wings in any of them.

dat-booty.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just keep playing, learn the maps and hotspots.

What weapon you choose should dictate your map movement.

Make sure you equip the scout trait.

I'm level 21 and I'm using Pulse Cannon, Homing Rocket and Ion bullets (?) with Scout. I'm trying the sniper blaster somethingB and it's OK. I really prefer to rush with a pistol though as my long range aiming is awful with a controller as there doesn't seem to be aim assist at long ranges but I just can't see how that's possible with so many people in such huge maps, but I'm sure it is. I need to search for some guides on Youtube or something, Walker Assault really is a totally different game to what I've been playing.

PrankT

I'm level 21 and I'm using Pulse Cannon, Homing Rocket and Ion bullets (?) with Scout. I'm trying the sniper blaster somethingB and it's OK. I really prefer to rush with a pistol though as my long range aiming is awful with a controller as there doesn't seem to be aim assist at long ranges but I just can't see how that's possible with so many people in such huge maps, but I'm sure it is. I need to search for some guides on Youtube or something, Walker Assault really is a totally different game to what I've been playing.
Try Supremacy or Turning Point and see if those click. Also, use shield, scan pulse, or explosive shot instead of ion shot.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Switched to Explosive shot and just rushed like I do on other modes and had my best Walker Assault so far, I guess it does work if you take smart routes.

Edit: Next game was even better, I guess I shouldn't have been so scared to rush, just not down the middle :D

Palpable

You guys do know you can buy your way out of challenges, right? Go to the stats screen and on the right you can pay 500 credits to get a new challenge.

LordofPwn

Rank 50 get! Next step is 5 more battle missions and then survival and platinum trophy is mine!

Things I've learned playing multiplayer:
Pistols shoot faster, have insane range, and hit like a truck. Using anything other than pistols and blaster rifles is not worth the stress.

A Wings are broken AF, but Fighter Squadron is still my favorite mode.

Spawns are also broke.

Homing missiles shouldn't be a thing.

If I see the button prompt I should be able to use it... I'm looking at you droids and pods...

Is fun but could be way better.

Now these battle missions on the other hand...

Xzan

I find Ion Shot is worthless for anything but shredding turrets, shields and droids. It helps slightly on vehicles but barely more extra damage than you'd get using Explosive Shot without the benefit of splash damage. I'll use it on Sorosuub Centroplex to murder turbolasers but other than that it has limited use.

There isn't really aim assist with long range shots per se, but the reticle will turn red if you're over your target. Generally, on a stationary target you will hit it with no problems, though range shots can be affected by clipping from terrain, etc. The T21-B is excellent for working on your long ranged accuracy because it has little-no spread and very minor recoil up and to the left, and without the need to charge your shot.

Its a bit of a crutch but running with a Jump Pack is highly recommened, whether you're a wannabe Jumpcaster, or just in it for the mobility. At a basic level level, it'll give you that extra mobility between objectives or power ups to minimise travel time. But the key use is when you absolutely, positively need to GTFO before you die.
i.e. grenades, imploders, AT-STs, when Luke is chasing you down, or even just turning a corner into a room full of stormtroopers like Han on the Death Star.

The defensive benefits of the jump pack for keeping you alive cannot be overstated.

I had, probably my best hero game yesterday. Got around 30 kills on walker assault on tatooine with Luke, was really owning the map, clicked the share button to save the video which I like to do when I do something I think is cool in the game.. Anyways,

Nothing happened.

Clicked the playstation button..

Nothing happened..

Turned on an additional controller,

Nothing happened..

Clicked turn off button on ps4

NOTHING HAPPENED ! argh !

Had to hard reboot it by holding down the button for like 15 seconds, and then ofcourse, when it was up and running again, I couldn't recover and save the movie file. It had reset. Really sucked. First time I've had a problem like this, and ofcourse it had to be when I just had an amazing hero run !

Ozorov

Switched to Explosive shot and just rushed like I do on other modes and had my best Walker Assault so far, I guess it does work if you take smart routes.

Edit: Next game was even better, I guess I shouldn't have been so scared to rush, just not down the middle :D
If you're rushing down the middle in the big modes you will be eaten alive :)

The whole Bowcaster+Jumppack+Bounty Hunter thing has gots to go.

Homing missile has got to go. I had to switch to bodyguard so I wouldn't get killed by it so easily. Just remove cheap deaths. The game was great in the beginning before people unlocked a bunch of cheap 1 hit kill weapons (and the dl 44) :p I play it just fine, I just think there are a lot of cheap crap that ruins it a bit.

Ambitious

I experienced a very weird glitch last time I played: When an enemy hit me, my angle of vision instantly rotated 90° to the right. However, when I moved the left stick upwards, my character went "left". So basically, it was as if my character had turned his head. I didn't see my gun either (because my character was still holding it in front of him, so to speak).

Death fixed it, but it happened a second time in the same match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom