• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Does it actually do this? I know you increase your chance of being awarded a powerup in your inventory with the more kills that you get in a row without dying but had no idea it had any impact on where pickups spawned on the map?

I have no idea. But I think that was what he was referring to :), since it's the only token that doesnt have a pre-chosen spawning place

Ferr986

Has anyone actually won as Rebels on Turning Point?

Imperials winning is more common but I did win as Rebels too.

It requires your team pushing all on the last point. Problem is sometimes people won't do it because it means more deaths, thus lower K/D ratio.

Ozorov

Imperials winning is more common but I did win as Rebels too.

It requires your team pushing all on the last point. Problem is sometimes people won't do it because it means more deaths, thus lower K/D ratio.

A lot of smoke grenades also helps a lot in that final push

because of constant deaths and the get killed from every possible direction nature of this game I stopped playing. I tried drop zone yesterday and man I really enjoy that mode.

agtmbomg.gif
This is hysterical! Anyone know where it's from?

Woorloog

Banned
Yep, my thinking as well. Will we get another event for Leia? None of the Empire villains have costume changes.

Palps could have a red robe (akin to what he wore in RotS) or something like that, and Boba could get Jango's armor/coloring. Not sure how much sense they'd make but they could work certainly.

(In the Legends EU, Boba did have alternate armors with different colors for some reason.)

Palps could have a red robe (akin to what he wore in RotS) or something like that, and Boba could get Jango's armor/coloring. Not sure how much sense they'd make but they could work certainly.

(In the Legends EU, Boba did have alternate armors with different colors for some reason.)

They could give Boba his ESB colors. The one in the game is from RoTJ.

lawnchair

Banned
And then that they remove the ability to have helmet less storm troopers.. Come on. "Who gave you permission to remove your helmet ?.. Oh, and you, and you... aarh ! They are everywhere !"

i've been a helmet off storm trooper since day one. i'm not sure why. i guess it can be confusing to the rebels from time to time..

i would really like more stormtrooper customization options tho. or rebel for that matter. the faces all look pretty bad. gimme more options! (but first fix the game and put out new content plz)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the game recently and I'm level 12 and I feel really gimp compared to higher levels. Everyone just uses the last pistol with explosive shot and jetpack and it's a huge advantage.

I bought the game recently and I'm level 12 and I feel really gimp compared to higher levels. Everyone just users the last pistol with exclusive shot and jetpack and it's a huge advantage.

Its not really the level you are at, its that those items need to be patched....well, except for maybe the jetpack as it is really useful.

Use the E-11 rifle, its easily one of the best guns in the game and you start out with it (at least on the empire you do).

I bought the game recently and I'm level 12 and I feel really gimp compared to higher levels. Everyone just users the last pistol with exclusive shot and jetpack and it's a huge advantage.

a big problem is that the grind is real in this game. Unlike the COD games or even BF4, it takes a long ass time to level up and get to the gear that is more OP. things cost too much and they don't dish out enough XP per match, regardless of mode.

basically, if you want to get a 44 then expect to put a stupid amount of time into the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
When someone shoots me with that pistol and explosive shot I can feel it because I die almost instantly, it's just thud thud dead while I'm hitting them with a wet noodle. They definitely need to do something as it's just not fun as a new player.

That double XP weekend when Star Wars was released was a godsend. It helped me level up super quickly when combined with Fighter Squadron.

The DL-44 is a good pistol, but it feels cheap. I prefer not to use it. Instead, I chose to go with the EE-3, or the Boba Fett gun, and I couple that with Focus Fire. For closer range maps and modes, I might switch it up with the CA-87 or SE-14C. The SE-14C is great, but I feel that it often gets over looked. Again, I couple that gun with Focus Fire because the recoil is real.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My loadout lately has been T21/EE3 depending on the map, with Thermal + Cycler + Scan Pulse with Scout.

As soon as I get two more Cycler headshots I'm dropping it like a bad habit and going back to a fun loadout.

What are the Cycler headshots for?

Edit: NVM, I am such a fool. For some reason I thought the trother was for the pulse Cannon. Thank goodness it is not.

5taquitos

Yeah, just checked. For some reason all this time I thought it was for the pulse cannon. Lol

Yeah I'm actually trying to knock out the trophy and a 10-headshot challenge at the same time.

I just suck so bad with it. So bad. And I'd consider my self a decent sniper shot in BF4. I just can't get a grip on the bullet drop and traversal for this gun.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah I'm actually trying to knock out the trophy and a 10-headshot challenge at the same time.

I just suck so bad with it. So bad. And I'd consider my self a decent sniper shot in BF4. I just can't get a grip on the bullet drop and traversal for this gun.

Yeah, it is much different in this game. Almost luck.

Try it in Dropzone or Droidrun. You can get close when someone is capturing a droid or pod and line up a headshot. That's how I did the trophy.

Ambitious

In order to sprint, you have to click the left stick once. That's fine, that's how it works in every other game. But if you want to sprint with an AT-ST, you have to hold the stick? Why?

GeeTeeCee

In order to sprint, you have to click the left stick once. That's fine, that's how it works in every other game. But if you want to sprint with an AT-ST, you have to hold the stick? Why?

I'm sure I remember an EA game years back that had hold to sprint as default, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. Worst control decision ever, and I'm not happy to see it back.

pacman85

lol so they finally give us the news that we passed the minimum amount of hours for the hero thing over the holidays, yet they can't even tell us what we get for doing that? also, still no news on the DLC. this is becoming a joke. other games that i play that have come out around the time of battlefront have already delivered multiple patches and DLC updates. also, they aren't charging $50 for their season pass.

I bought the game recently and I'm level 12 and I feel really gimp compared to higher levels. Everyone just uses the last pistol with explosive shot and jetpack and it's a huge advantage.

Once you get the jet pack it get better, I'm in a similar boat. Are you a decent pilot at all though? You could always try to get the aircraft in supremacy or walker assault. It helps me a ton with getting a good score to help lvl faster since I can usually can get way more kills in the air rather than on the ground.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I made it to level 16 and the game is so much better now that I have my setup. I'm using Scout with Homing Missile, Jetpack and Scan Pulse. Before I felt so disadvanted but now I'm actually able to compete, I even topped a few games tonight. Now it's just 25 for that ridiculous pistol and I'm set for life.

Oh and, I've been playing Drop Pod which is fun but does anyone else think it's beyond stupid that you can cap it with a Personal Shield up?

lawnchair

Banned
I made it to level 16 and the game is so much better now that I have my setup. I'm using Scout with Homing Missile, Jetpack and Scan Pulse. Before I felt so disadvanted but now I'm actually able to compete, I even topped a few games tonight. Now it's just 25 for that ridiculous pistol and I'm set for life.

why homing missile why

If it takes you homing shot to compete, you just aren't good and nothing will help you with that.

Real talk though, do we know anything about the dlc yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom