• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrankT

Good lord is the shock blaster trash. Had to do a 25 kill challenge with it, and the only reliable way to kill anyone was to hide behind a wall during cargo matches and pop out suddenly when people try to steal the cargo. Any other situation and you will lose to practically any other weapon.
Focus fire helps.

Palpable

Ask Infinity Patriot here on GAF. He has 7670 kills with it.

image.php

Can't compete with it for small modes. Larger maps I use the EE-3.

But no scan pulse!

I'm not interested in wallhacking.

Durden77

Hmm I'll use the DL-44 a bit more and see if I like it.

I was just thinking it would be incredible if one of the expansions was an attack on the Death Star one. With a mode that goes with it that involves the Rebels having to deactivate the shields and go through the trench in X Wings to blow it up.

If they could pull it off as well as they did Walker Assault I would give them my money immediately.

Ambitious

Had I received just a buck for each time I had to quit today because my teammates were too fucking stupid to go for the objectives, I could buy the bloody season pass with the money.

Palpable

Had I received just a buck for each time I had to quit today because my teammates were too fucking stupid to go for the objectives, I could buy the bloody season pass with the money.

If you're on PS4, I'm always down for new people to play with. PSN is in my profile

Woorloog

Banned
Do you know that you can choose map?

Yes?

The thing is that i want to avoid certain maps (namely Jakku and Endor, the former i've gotten an overdose of, and the second one as well).
So, i'm trying to pick an optimal map to join a server to play as long as possible, and then quit when a map i don't like comes up (unless i have a good team).

EDIT Besides, 50% of time when picking a specific map, the MM gives no results or is really slow.

Ozorov

Yes?

The thing is that i want to avoid certain maps (namely Jakku and Endor, the former i've gotten an overdose of, and the second one as well).
So, i'm trying to pick an optimal map to join a server to play as long as possible, and then quit when a map i don't like comes up (unless i have a good team).

EDIT Besides, 50% of time when picking a specific map, the MM gives no results or is really slow.

Oh okey I see

Palpable

That makes it even more hilarious that he was on such a high high horse when it came to Scan Pulse.

I still have 0 DL-44 kills registered on my account ^__^

Explain that to me. Explain how using a high damaging blaster pistol, which can be beaten with a steady aim or some distance, is "hilarious" when compared to a fucking wallhack.

Durden77

I have been trying to complete the Hoth battle mission with unstoppable for around 3 hours now. This shit is so frustrating. It's the only one I have left.

Personally, I always liked the SE-14C more than the DL-44. It can one shot close range if all five blasts hit, most of the time you're going to kill in two burst because one of your blast will miss. However, it has the highest rate of fire, so this isn't a big deal. Also putting explosive shot on it makes the weapon absurdly strong.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's what I'm hoping for. Dagobah would be nice too.

I feel this is not going to happen. It was Yoda's hideout in the outer rim that had zero Rebel or Imperial interests.

I want Dantooine. I think their concept of Sullust came out well, so I'd like to see their take on this other unseen planet.

Same, I enjoyed Sony's take on it for SWG. The lush purple would be mighty nice.

No Love

Banned
All Fighter Squadron
NO A-Wings/Millennium Falcon/Slave I used in any of these, only X-Wing and TIE Interceptor

Got drunk and high last night and sat down with Fighter Squadron for the first time in a week or two. Here's how I did.

iMkP3ID.jpg

hjqby1w.jpg

swb28FF.jpg

t3pRRM6.jpg

Only noobs use the A-Wing or the Hero ships.

Ozorov

100 hours of BF, half of that on WA, never noticed this on hoth WA.

Xbox DVR

Also how are going seeeing the W/L ration on WA now? I am seeing more and more rebel victories.
Kinda like me with WA on Sullust. Have played a ton on that map and never noticed that Super star destroyer lifting off with three star destroyers :D

http://swbstats.com/

Only 75500 players across all platforms when i`m writing this. That`s kinda small? Finding a full match outside Walker Assault yesterday on Xbox One was very hard.

I play on the PC and I really don't have problems with finding games on WA or the other popular modes. Smaller modes do take longer depending on the day.

However, my biggest issue is team balancing. A majority of the time (on PC at least) you join a game and a team is just getting smashed. Since they don't scramble teams at the end of each game this carries over to the next game. This just makes people quit because of stacked teams. It just becomes a cycle of trying to find a decent server to play on. The teams really needs to be scrambled at the end of rounds.

Sayers

Seriously, anyone who uses the Bowcaster should be obligated to wear a skirt.
I say anyone using the DL-44 or Homing Shot should be placed in a separate matchmaking pool. They can all run around one shotting each other and the rest of us can play for skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom