• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

I hope they fix the randomly exploding starfighters on Sullust when you're flying around the tier 3 uplinks. That bug has been there since day 1. I've randomly exploded so many times and the game just tells me I killed myself. Always around the same area too. It's like there's an invisible floating wall or something.
Report it to their bug-forums

Xzan

This is some of what DICE were working on up unil Jan 5

- Playing the Objective - trophy / achievement is not unlocking
- Matchmaking issues post Jakku content release
- Second Star Card Hand not saving
- Invincibility bug
- Infinite Star Cards
- PS4: White "pixel" glitches, and CE-34787-0 crash
- Heroes vs. Villains chat issues
- Party system Un-partnered and switching
- Reports of health bars and objectives going missing
- A-Wing’s hit box - Good! Maybe slightly drop its blaster damage too.
- Hit detection / Shot speed - It wouldn't be a DICE game if there wasn't hit detection issues. I remember in Battlefield 2 unloading a full clip from my DAO-12 into a prone guy at my feet, hit markers showing with each shot, only to have the guy get up and kill me while I reloaded...
- PC crackling/popping/static sound or missing sounds completely
- Credits missing
- Co-op credit issues
- AMD CPU and GPU reported issues
- Misc connectivity issues - Interesting. With no server browser, I'm stuck relying on their matchmaking to find servers for me from my location in Western Australia.
- Weapon balance - DL-44 nerf (Damage is fine, drop the fire rate slightly and increase heat generation). Perhaps a slight buff to T-21B cooling pls? (7 shots before overheat is garbage when the DL-44 gets 12). Cycler Rifle back to Beta stats
- Vehicle balance - AT-ST buff plz
- Grenades falling at your feet
- Walkers getting stuck on other Walker on Sullust
- Chat Bug (can lock you out of controls)
- Bowcaster charge up glitch - ? I've had bowcaster charges fire prematurely lately but assumed it was a lag issue.
- Melee kills sometimes appear as assists
- Grenade kills sometimes show up as assist kills
- Han Solo glowing like the sun
- Disappearing AT-AT
- Random instances of the Snowspeeder self-destructing

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/13053/currently-tracking#latest

I'm glad what they're working on seems to match up with my personal wishlist.

Balance-wise, DL-44 and A-wing nerfs would be good, as would AT-ST buffs. A sneaky Homing Shot damage nerf wouldn't go astray either (one Homing Shot is annoyin but dodging multiple Homing Shots is a chore, let alone the ones that circle back around to hit you in the ass...). Drop it to 90 to make it a double-tap kill with your blaster like Cycler Rifle body shots were in the Beta, and/or reduce splash damage.

For all the moaning about the supposed lack of content, jumpcasters, DL-44 or A-wings, the biggest thing i'd want to see from DICE is an actual server browser. Having seen mention of terrible connections for Aussie PC users, I wouldn't be surprised if I was encountering the issue on PS4 as well. Sometimes it seems like I'm firing rubber bullets that need a huge lead time, then the next map loads and I'm almost railing people with EE-3 bursts. Its almost at the point where it seems like it swaps servers between rounds? That'd be odd if true, but it feels almost like the location switching in Mario Kart 8 online MP when it happens...

I've been playing shooters online for 20 years and I'm used to the fact that almost all servers will be located on the other side of the country but in Battlefront it sometimes feels a whole lot worse than the usual 60-80ms from Perth to Sydney.

Xzan

The DL-44 isn't cheap. Considering I go against other teams using the same gun and still wreck them should tell you all you need to know. You're spawn camping. You're shooting down starfighters before they have a chance to even move.

I agree, spawn camping in fighters is as cheap as it gets and BF seems to make it even easier with the entry animation. I think a lot of the problem is the ridiculous friend or foe dots on fighters at long range in Supremacy and Walker Assault that does nothing but highlight the next victim.

Lose the dots, maybe expand the scanner range and change the icon on fighters to be distinct from land vehicles to compensate. Along with some balancing, it'd go a long way to making fighters in those modes more fun.

No, locking down the skies is a legit tactic to use. You shut down their air support completely. With total air superiority achieved you then proceed with doing strafing runs and causing havoc on the ground.

But would you be doing the strafing runs?

If you have to cycle in the enemies spawn area, you aren't going to be doing anything on the ground.

That would be my criticism.

Xzan

It'd be interesting to see what DICE does, because one of the characteristics of the pistol weapon class is maintaining full damage to 20m which is where the DL-44 has such an advantage over rifles. It still does good damage outside that range but the damage drops rapidly and its big recoil begins to affect accuracy over multiple shots.

A direct damage nerf may be too harsh and dropping the damage sooner would gimp it compared to the other pistols. Weapon handling changes may be the better path imo. The TTK for the DL-44 is <280ms to 20m (as per Symthic), compared to <350ms for the (unbuffed) SE-14C and <440ms for the DH17. Tweak the TTK by reducing the fire rate slightly and maybe worsen the recoil. Vertical recoil is strong already, so perhaps just increase the horizontal to make landing a headshot tougher after the first shot.

Definitely reduce the number of shots before overheat, though 3 may be too few. If the recoil is bad enough, the user will need to space their shots just to maintain any accuracy.

But would you be doing the strafing runs?

If you have to cycle in the enemies spawn area, you aren't going to be doing anything on the ground.

That would be my criticism.

Having one to cycle is enough. Other two are then free to do the strafing runs.
In stage 3 the starfighters stop spawning. Then you have everyone doing strafing runs.

Now if the rebels suck and don't manage to achieve air superiority you have a bunch of tie fighters left in stage 3. If that happens the rebels are fucked.

Xzan

TIEs running amok in stage 3 isn't necessarily true at all. Most rebels should be carrying Ion Torpedo, Ion Shot or Pulse Cannon in the last stage. Multiple Ion Torpedos will eventually wear down any remaining TIEs, let alone last second smart rockets on a strafing run approach.

Unopposed rebel fighters left over from early game domination is part of the balance problem in Walker Assault.

Interfectum

It's amazing how fucking awesome the A-wings are. Whenever I get it one I feel so OP I almost don't want them nerfed... (until I play empire)

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Finally got the season pass today. I am realy hoping they do it justice and put a shed load of content in with it and its not another batman season pass leaving us dissapointed. I realy like the game and yeah it has flaws but its realy fun to play, A wings deffo need balancing or maybe Tie's making more powerful at least the interceptor be equal to the a wing. Few more game modes wouldnt go amiss either

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Im waiting till they show at least some of what they're doing with the DLC before I drop money on it. Really no reason not to. The season pass will always be there and theres always the chance it will go on sale.

They had five pound off on the store and i had some credit so it was under 30 pound for me thats what tipped me over to get it to be honest.

Ozorov

Today is the day guys, can you feel it?
giphy.gif

Briarios

They're taking far too long to announce the DLC plans. It's ridiculous ... The fact they want people to buy the season pass having no idea what they're getting, other than some vague promises, is crazy. It's not like they don't know what they're working on.

The only reason I can think to hold back the announcement is that they think people will be disappointed -- so, they want to sell as many season passes as possible before providing the info. I bet EA is watching the pass purchase rate and will wait until it drops.

The free DLC they can leave for surprise PR bumps, but the pass? People deserve to know what they're paying for.

The only reason I can think to hold back the announcement is that they think people will be disappointed -- so, they want to sell as many season passes as possible before providing the info. I bet EA is watching the pass purchase rate and will wait until it drops.

Either that or the dev cycle was so short that they're scrambling to get it ready to be shown....either way, its not a good sign.

I just hope that when they announce something this week, they don't let us wait for a few weeks before the DLC actually drops.
That would be really shitty.
On the other hand, I have a feeling in my gut that whatever it is, it's going to be awesome.

Toa TAK

Banned
Leia is GOATest in WA.

But I really don't like Vader. Never truly used him well.
I think the best villain is Palpatine Wiley for the chain lightning, health, and agility.

The support heroes are probably the best. I just love being Vader because it's Darth Vader, man.
Posted Yesterday:

&#8207;@EAStarWars
@JohnSheppard3 Please keep an eye out on our official channels. We will have more details on the Season Pass and DLC in the weeks ahead.
Mother fucker!

Why are the gaming gods punishing us?

Dr Prob

Banned
Spent countless hours trying to imagine a fix for the air spawns. One mental breakdown and two divorces later, think I've finally cracked it:

CyT4u9p.jpg

My fee: $60.

Dr Prob

Banned
I still dont understand what you are saying..

Oh no. I can't go back up to the attic. I won't!

..spawn outside of the combat area I guess?

Yes. YES! Instead of being given control inside the playable area where enemies can camp and attack from behind/the side before you can even really do anything, you spawn outside the playable area with a quick timer which allows you to like, move around (groundbreaking idea!) and use any available cover before entering.

Oh no. I can't go back up to the attic. I won't!

Yes. YES! Instead of being given control inside the playable area where enemies can camp and attack from behind/the side before you can even really do anything, you spawn outside the playable area with a quick timer which allows you to like, move around (groundbreaking idea!) and use any available cover before entering.

Yeah I agree with you. This really should have been picked up in playtesting.

5taquitos

I'm pretty sure when they were coming up with spawn points they just printed the maps out, hung them on the wall, and then threw darts at them.

Pastry

Banned
I'm pretty sure when they were coming up with spawn points they just printed the maps out, hung them on the wall, and then threw darts at them.
That's legitimately how it feels sometimes. At least in BF4 when I pick my spawn point I know that okay I'll be spawning in this general area. In Battlefront who the fuck knows.

Ozorov

Tomorrow we celebrate three weeks (Twenty-one days!) since the last news article on the official Star Wars Battlefront webpage!

Ozorov

NEWS-FLASH

Sledgehammer said:
As you know, our team has been working hard on our upcoming January update. While we do not have a specific day, date, or time to share right this moment, I can say this update is coming. Alongside this update, you will also see our first drop of free additional content we promised here, along with the Heroes' Holiday rewards.

The path has been long, and we appreciate your dedication and passion around Star Wars Battlefront. Look for server downtime notifications and full patch notes to come.

Ozorov

January 31st, 11:59 PM.

This is good to hear, at least there's still something coming this month, and the free content sounds like it'll be more than the Hero Holiday rewards.

"We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months"

pacman85

Nothing about the season pass content... Could that take even longer?
It is looking like if there are going to be 4 content updates with the season pass, and if we assume the 4th one will drop around the 1 year mark from the game's release (mid-late November) that the first of the 4 packs will drop in February and then there will be a 2 month gap between each DLC pack (as well as the 2 month gap between release date to February). So:

Season Pass DLC pack 1 - February
2 - May
3 - August
4 - November to celebrate 1 year from the game's release.

Think that's a safe/accurate estimate? This gives them a few more weeks before they have to even release any news on the first DLC pack for the season pass if they are putting it out in late February.

Ozorov

It is looking like if there are going to be 4 content updates with the season pass, and if we assume the 4th one will drop around the 1 year mark from the game's release (mid-late November) that the first of the 4 packs will drop in February and then there will be a 2 month gap between each DLC pack (as well as the 2 month gap between release date to February). So:

Season Pass DLC pack 1 - February
2 - May
3 - August
4 - November to celebrate 1 year from the game's release.

Think that's a safe/accurate estimate? This gives them a few more weeks before they have to even release any news on the first DLC pack for the season pass if they are putting it out in late February.

Probably something like that yup. I think the first one is late feb / early march.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom