• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
If they do nerf the DL-44 how would they do it? It's already at a disadvantage over longer distance so they'd have to make it maybe 3 shots at close range but keep 1 shot to the head?

Homing shot 100% needs a nerf to. That to me feels like the cheapest weapon. You literally need no skill at all to use it.

Ozorov

If they do nerf the DL-44 how would they do it? It's already at a disadvantage over longer distance so they'd have to make it maybe 3 shots at close range but keep 1 shot to the head?

Homing shot 100% needs a nerf to. That to me feels like the cheapest weapon. You literally need no skill at all to use it.

Slower the fire rate or make it overheat faster

Ozorov

Yep, always equip in HvV.

Shreds them apart.

I was taking over a control point with Luke on hoth and had like 90 hp left after I killed 5+ enemies in the beginning. Then three dudes was approaching and I was easy peasy only stormtroopers. Then two had explosive shot, I died literally in three seconds :(

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I like the fire rate but it should probably overheat faster.

think fire rate needs slowing a touch, if its one v one and both fire at same time nobody has a chance against it.only slightly slower tho and I agree overheat quicker.

maybe do a new card that could nerf the damage taken maybe?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yup. This game really needs to balance the teams after each map.

Agreed. Hopefully it is incoming, and the short cycle was cause to what we got for launch.

I just cannot see this sticking, when pretty much every other shooter (DICE made as well) does this.

Palpable

I experienced a very weird glitch last time I played: When an enemy hit me, my angle of vision instantly rotated 90° to the right. However, when I moved the left stick upwards, my character went "left". So basically, it was as if my character had turned his head. I didn't see my gun either (because my character was still holding it in front of him, so to speak).

Death fixed it, but it happened a second time in the same match.

That has happened to me many times :/

Ozorov

Agreed. Hopefully it is incoming, and the short cycle was cause to what we got for launch.

I just cannot see this sticking, when pretty much every other shooter (DICE made as well) does this.

I really hope so. If you get on a bad team the only thing you can really do now (if you don't wanna to continue to get steamrolled) is to leave the game and search a new one.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is it my TV or is the mini map really transparent so it's hard to see the enemy blips? Also the snow is blinding which I guess makes sense but it's not very fun.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK because I really can't, I have no idea how to calibrate a TV correctly but I'll give it a go.

GeeTeeCee

OK because I really can't, I have no idea how to calibrate a TV correctly but I'll give it a go.

Sometimes it's worth searching the net using your tv's model number. There's a few enthusiast forums like cnet where you might get lucky and some kind soul has posted the "optimal" settings for your tv.

In unrelated matters, I posted yesterday about having a wonderful time with the game. Today's session is seriously making me reconsider. I'm more hyped about a possible balance patch than any dlc news we might get "in the coming weeks."

Ozorov

What we know so far about the upcoming patch:

• Millienium falcon will be patched in some way
  • DICE is working to improve hero hunt on the feedback they've got from us
  • Almost everyone that was working on the game pre-launch is still working on the game
  • "Once we have confirmation that fixes/features are approved and safe, we will announce them"
  • Soon™

What we know so far about the upcoming patch:

• Millienium falcon will be patched in some way
  • DICE is working to improve hero hunt on the feedback they've got from us
  • Almost everyone that was working on the game pre-launch is still working on the game
  • "Once we have confirmation that fixes/features are approved and safe, we will announce them"
  • Soon™

This is some of what DICE were working on up unil Jan 5

- Playing the Objective - trophy / achievement is not unlocking
- Matchmaking issues post Jakku content release
- Second Star Card Hand not saving
- Invincibility bug
- Infinite Star Cards
- PS4: White "pixel" glitches, and CE-34787-0 crash
- Heroes vs. Villains chat issues
- Party system Un-partnered and switching
- Reports of health bars and objectives going missing
- A-Wing’s hit box
- Hit detection / Shot speed
- PC crackling/popping/static sound or missing sounds completely
- Credits missing
- Co-op credit issues
- AMD CPU and GPU reported issues
- Misc connectivity issues
- Weapon balance
- Vehicle balance
- Grenades falling at your feet
- Walkers getting stuck on other Walker on Sullust
- Chat Bug (can lock you out of controls)
- Bowcaster charge up glitch
- Melee kills sometimes appear as assists
- Grenade kills sometimes show up as assist kills
- Han Solo glowing like the sun
- Disappearing AT-AT
- Random instances of the Snowspeeder self-destructing

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/13053/currently-tracking#latest

Orcus

I really hope so. If you get on a bad team the only thing you can really do now (if you don't wanna to continue to get steamrolled) is to leave the game and search a new one.
Yes, the lack of team balancing is the absolute worst thing with this game right now.

Ozorov

- Playing the Objective - trophy / achievement is not unlocking
- Second Star Card Hand not saving
- Invincibility bug
- Infinite Star Cards
- PS4: White "pixel" glitches, and CE-34787-0 crash
- Heroes vs. Villains chat issues
- Party system Un-partnered and switching
- Reports of health bars and objectives going missing
- A-Wing’s hit box
- Hit detection / Shot speed
- Credits missing
- Co-op credit issues
- AMD CPU and GPU reported issues
- Misc connectivity issues
- Weapon balance
- Vehicle balance
- Grenades falling at your feet
- Walkers getting stuck on other Walker on Sullust
- Chat Bug (can lock you out of controls)
- Bowcaster charge up glitch
- Melee kills sometimes appear as assists
- Grenade kills sometimes show up as assist kills
- Han Solo glowing like the sun
- Disappearing AT-AT
- Random instances of the Snowspeeder self-destructing

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/13053/currently-tracking#latest

Cool! No balancing teams in there but I really hope they'll do it.

Orcus

This was an issue before Jakku, just not as bad. Hopefully they know that or discover it in the process of fixing the problem.

I hope this isn't just scoped to pc, as missing sound is an issue on Xbox One as well.

The fact that team balancing isn't on this list is depressing. I don't know if I can stay with this game until their second post-release patch without it getting addressed in this patch. Hopefully it will be there "in the coming weeks."

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Cool! No balancing teams in there but I really hope they'll do it.

That's a huge one, it's unbelievable the game lacks it.

Followed the NXGamer TV guide and my picture is way better, but the map is still a little hard to see unless the enemies are full red, but from watching videos that's just how it is. I'm sitting too far back for my inches which doesn't help but I'd have to rearrange the whole room to fix that, one day I'll do it.

Palpable

I hope they fix the randomly exploding starfighters on Sullust when you're flying around the tier 3 uplinks. That bug has been there since day 1. I've randomly exploded so many times and the game just tells me I killed myself. Always around the same area too. It's like there's an invisible floating wall or something.

Orcus

The whole Bowcaster+Jumppack+Bounty Hunter thing has gots to go.
You know what's worse? Bounty hunter, explosive, sniper and homing. You can live much longer with that combination from a distance than the bh/bow/jump combination. You have a homing shot, plasma rifle shot, and explosive shot to use from a distance to get another kill, which resets your cools downs and gets you a power up. Use that and you you'll look like a jawa setting up shop with all the shit you have to drop around you. It's a super cheap combo because of bounty hunter level 3.

That being said, the trait cards could use some balance. If it wasn't for bh level 3 cool down perk, the only trait card people would run would be scout. Especially if the homing shot gets nerfed.

Yup.
However most hate messages that I receive are from playing the WA as a rebel and shooting down incoming Tie Fighters as they spawn. The butthurt is absolutely insane : O
Some are so pissed off that they walk on foot all the way back and try to shoot me down with ion torpedo. And doing this or should I say trying for the rest of the match lol

Edit:

Some of them I got today:

You are a fucking cunt

Dirty cheating disgrace you reported

You dirty fucker. You tramp you stole your playstation you soap dodging rat.

51863131.jpg

Palpable

Yup.
However most hate messages that I receive are from playing the WA as a rebel and shooting down incoming Tie Fighters as they spawn. The butthurt is absolutely insane : O
Some are so pissed off that they walk on foot all the way back and try to shoot me down with ion torpedo. And doing this or should I say trying for the rest of the match lol

Edit:

Some of them I got today:

51863131.jpg

So what you're saying is that you spawn camp the TIE fighters as they come into the map and shoot at them from behind before they have a chance to move? Yeah, you are a cheap shit.

Woorloog

Banned
So what you're saying is that you spawn camp the TIE fighters as they come into the map and shoot at them from behind before they have a chance to move? Yeah, you are a cheap shit.

Camping is a legitimate and valid tactic, as long as it doesn't utilize exploits and glitches, just like everything else in a game. (I don't believe in fairness, as long as it is within rules and intended design (ie excluding glitches and exploits), it is okay. Only winning and surviving matter.)

Of course, the fact this is possible is a clear indication of flawed design.
Indeed, the spawning fighters and vehicles should get either a spawn-immortality, or the spawn should be moved so that camping is not possible.

As it is, it isn't even effective only vs Empire, i've seen the Rebel fighters spawn-trapped. It is slightly more difficult to accomplish but once done, it doesn't matter they have shields or smaller hit-boxes.

Palpable

Camping is a legitimate and valid tactic, as long as it doesn't utilize exploits and glitches, just like everything else in a game. (I don't believe in fairness, as long as it is within rules and intended design (ie excluding glitches and exploits), it is okay. Only winning and surviving matter.)

Of course, the fact this is possible is a clear indication of flawed design.
Indeed, the spawning fighters and vehicles should get either a spawn-immortality, or the spawn should be moved so that camping is not possible.

As it is, it isn't even effective only vs Empire, i've seen the Rebel fighters spawn-trapped. It is slightly more difficult to accomplish but once done, it doesn't matter they have shields or smaller hit-boxes.

I've been camped on both sides. I can tell you from experience that TIE's camping the rebel starship spawns is nothing compared to camping the Imperial spawn. It's too easy to pop the shield immediately and out maneuver the TIE fighters.

DICE needs to fix this immediately. Shame on all those who take advantage of this flaw.

adj_noun

I want a "play the objective" emote. Maybe "Stop screwing around!" or something.

It's also actually impressive how many people's Heroes vs Villains strategy is still "scatter to the four winds".

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Via PSN message:

The hate is real

Yup.

Good thing I turned off all incoming PSN messages

darth-vader-didnt-read.gif

Soon, guys. Soon.

After playing a lot of Destiny, I went back to Battlefront yesterday and found it kind of well, lackluster.

Fucking beautiful, but kind of too simple. Re-downloading Battlefront II though.

Yeah, you are a cheap shit.

Cheap shit, says the guy who's abusing Dl-44 !
I dont even....

No, locking down the skies is a legit tactic to use. You shut down their air support completely. With total air superiority achieved you then proceed with doing strafing runs and causing havoc on the ground.

Palpable

Cheap shit, says the guy who's abusing Dl-44 !
I dont even....

No, locking down the skies is a legit tactic to use. You shut down their air support completely. With total air superiority achieved you then proceed with doing strafing runs and causing havoc on the ground.

The DL-44 isn't cheap. Considering I go against other teams using the same gun and still wreck them should tell you all you need to know. You're spawn camping. You're shooting down starfighters before they have a chance to even move.

The DL-44 isn't cheap.

QyZso.gif

You're spawn camping. You're shooting down starfighters before they have a chance to even move.

Except that they can react but empire starfighters are useless. Try pulling this with incoming rebel starfighters. They just turn on shields and use break maneuver.
Again locking down their air support is a valid tactic.

You must be one of those who keep getting killed over and over again and then losing your shit with sending hate messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom