• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Even on PS4 I believe the matchmaking is still fucked.

I've tried comparing MM times between Battlefront and BF4 on PS4 multiple times and even when Battlefront had almost 200k PS4 users the BF4 matchmaking times were always way faster.

That is strange. I am in games within a flash during peak times. It is instantaneous unless there are 3AM sessions and it takes 3-5 seconds max.

Tubie

That is strange. I am in games within a flash during peak times. It is instantaneous unless there are 3AM sessions and it takes 3-5 seconds max.

I mean yea, its not bad at all when you compare it to other platforms.

But, just right now I tried to join Blast and it took 17 seconds to find a server, WA took 15, Supremacy took 14. I tried to join those modes like 5 times each just to make sure it wasnt a fluke.

I closed Battlefront and tried BF4, Conquest too 5 seconds to find a game, Conquest on DLC maps took 8 seconds, TDM took 7 seconds and Rush took 10.

Keep in mind this is PS4, the most popular platform. This problem probably gets a lot worse the lower the platform's population is (why PC might be fubar right now).

They have a problem in their matchmaking code for sure.

(I'm in east coast time, fyi)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean yea, its not bad at all when you compare it to other platforms.

But, just right now I tried to join Blast and it took 17 seconds to find a server, WA took 15, Supremacy took 14. I tried to join those modes like 5 times each just to make sure it wasnt a fluke.

I closed Battlefront and tried BF4, Conquest too 5 seconds to find a game, Conquest on DLC maps took 8 seconds, TDM took 7 seconds and Rush took 10.

Keep in mind this is PS4, the most popular platform. This problem probably gets a lot worse the lower the platform's population is (why PC might be fubar right now).

They have a problem in their matchmaking code for sure.

(I'm in east coast time, fyi)

Yeah, I do notice it has been sporadic since the last patch. Was there mention of it in the things they were working on for this month's update?

Xzan

There is a bit of a delay between pressing the button and it actually activating. Ive only used it a couple times and each time felt like I should have just shot the person. You usually suck up a lot of damage getting that close trying to get the flamethrower to work.

I'm definitely going to test it the next time I get the chance. Ever since the wrist rocket nerf, I've started to use Palpatine more and more (I don't really like Luke/Vader for some reason). I typically run with a jumpcaster loadout using the EE-3 with Explosive Shot these days, so there's almost no advantage in choosing Boba any more.

Jumpcaster:

EE-3 - 3 x 26 damage (21+5 explosive) per burst, with splash damage
Jump Pack - For evasion and Bowcaster cheese
Bounty Hunter - For offensive pickups (imploders, turrets, droids, rockets)
Bowcaster - 1 free kill every 20 seconds or so, plus the occasional BH Rank 3 rampage.

vs.

Boba Fett

EE-3 - 3 x 30 damage per burst, with a longer damage drop off but no splash damage.
Flamer - Slow to activate and seems hard to hit anything
Jetpack - Useful for vertical movement but slooooow for horizontal
Wrist Rocket - Barely any splash and only good against infantry
Health - Bigger pool that doesn't regenerate.

To me, there just seems to be very little upside, although jumpcaster is kind of broken. Still, you can swap in Homing Shot or Pulse Cannon for a similar result.

I'm kind of puzzled why they nerfed the wrist rocket when Han's Lucky Shot is arguably far more powerful. Lucky Shot tracks and 1-shots infantry, droids and TIE fighters, whilst also 3-shotting AT-ST's. All with a negligible charge time. It would've made far more sense to add a lock on warning for the wrist rocket instead. Sure, Han can't fly that's not as big a disadvantage as it may seem on paper.

Palpable

Boba Fett

Jetpack - Useful for vertical movement but slooooow for horizontal

Totally not canon

v86Z2.gif

Durden77

It used to home in, but they patched it not to in the last patch.

Hmmm in missions I swear it still does sometimes. I know I saw it seek to a few jumptroopers and such. Maybe that was pre-patch, but this was only like a week ago.

Apparently an early leak from EA Brasil youtube channel.

Something about private matches, daily challenges, new maps, luke and leia..
So gaf anyone speaks Portuguese ?

What the fuck is she saying WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE SAYING

Xzan

Totally not canon

v86Z2.gif

Haha.

I know the loading screen tips claim that his jetpack can stop functioning if damaged. Does that mean totally break or does it just knock off 'fuel' when hit? I've never really noticed it happen.

Luke's whiffed kick reminds me of all the times I thought I'd jump packed to safety only to be force pushed or saber rushed at the last second instead. :/

GeeTeeCee

Haha.

I know the loading screen tips claim that his jetpack can stop functioning if damaged. Does that mean totally break or does it just knock off 'fuel' when hit? I've never really noticed it happen.

Luke's whiffed kick reminds me of all the times I thought I'd jump packed to safety only to be force pushed or saber rushed at the last second instead. :/

I've had a few matches in Heroes vs Villains where using either Han or Leia's abilities on Fett while he was flying would knock him down to the ground instantly, so that could be one example of what the loading screen is talking about. I guess it breaks the jetpack for a time.

Basically this is what she is saying:

• new tatooine map
  • new clothes for luke and leia
  • daily challenges
  • private matches
  • special community events

And it will be a free update

• new tatooine map
  • daily challenges
  • private matches

You speak Portuguese? She really said private matches?

That changes everything if true. My community was so disheartened when there were private matches at launch, I really hope this is true.

You speak Portuguese? She really said private matches?

That changes everything if true. My community was so disheartened when there were private matches at launch, I really hope this is true.

Yeah, I speak Portuguese. And she really said private matches. I wonder how they are going to implement this...

Ozorov

• new tatooine map
  • daily challenges
  • private matches

What was the source of this video?

Why Leia and not Han? The community event was for Luke and Han... I'm so confused.
They said we would get a update AND a hero reward. So this is perhaps just the update and doesnt include the hero reward?

lawnchair

Banned
Let's get some rampant speculation going! I'm betting on an urban map set in Mos Eisely.

that would be nice

i'd also love private/custom matches, a server browser

balance issues ... blah blah ..

we've talked about all this stuff a thousand times during the long wait lol

Woorloog

Banned
I assume that "Today, today" comment didn't actually mean anything?

If it turns out "new map" means "Jundland Wastes will be available for Turning Point" I'm going to go crazy. Also night maps.

Turning point mode needs far more maps. As it is, i won't touch it, get enough of Jakku in other modes.

Night variations of most maps would be interesting... as an alternative to the normal map, not so that you get to play both in a row.
Like, the rotation could be: AbCdEaBcDe where lowercase is night variation and capitalized is day (two rounds as usual for supremacy and walker assault).

I really hope that it is a complete new map, instead of just a new mode on an old map. Yes, Turning Point needs more maps but having Judland Wastes for Turning Point doesnt equal "new map" in my mind.

Woorloog

Banned
I just hope that the new map supports bigger modes like WA, Turning Point and Supremacy.

I'd assume the new map is either for the bigger modes specifically (as the smaller modes have more maps) or that a section of it works for the smaller modes.
Or perhaps it is actually two maps, a big and a small one but the same environment/locale.

lawnchair

Banned
there are also smaller maps in the missions modes that could be put to use in online play .. the sullust hangar w/ the ATATs for example

5taquitos

there are also smaller maps in the missions modes that could be put to use in online play .. the sullust hangar w/ the ATATs for example

Yup, several of those maps would make great small-mode maps. This could very well just be the Tatooine survival map coming to small mode play, but I do hope that a large map is in the works since the game needs those the most.

adj_noun

• new tatooine map
  • daily challenges
  • private matches

We sure that's not a goof? I thought the costumes were gonna be Luke and Han Hoth.

They said we would get a update AND a hero reward. So this is perhaps just the update and doesnt include the hero reward?

I guess that could be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom