• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

QyZso.gif

Except that they can react but empire starfighters are useless. Try pulling this with incoming rebel starfighters. They just turn on shields and use break maneuver.
Again locking down their air support is a valid tactic.

You must be one of those who keep getting killed over and over again and then losing your shit with sending hate messages.

You must be one of those people that can't get kills unless it's with a weapon that locks onto someone. The DL-44 is deadly at close range and useless beyond that. Quit whining about a gun other people can use fine and that you can't use for shit.

The starfighter spawn camping thing is cheap no matter how you look at it. I've been spawn camped as rebels before. Just throwing on a shield won't save you. The TIE's are still able to out maneuver rebel ships if you're decent enough. Go ahead, use some outlandish bullshit logic to try and justify destroying starships before they have a chance to fucking move lolol

So you're better with a broken gun than the other team?

jFJW3hOGQgTUk.gif

Huh... it's "broken" and yet not all other players are able to use it effectively. That sure is interesting. The only people I ever see complaining about the DL-44 are those that run out into the open like fools, can't aim with it, don't know how to handle its recoil, or sit still when shooting back which guarantees your timely death. "Broken" lolol If you wanna talk broken, mention the homing shot, starfighter spawn camping, and scan pulse.

oddjobs

Anyone else noticing problems with kills getting counted? It's happened to me a few times now already, today scoring 4 kills at close range on Turning Point, yet not seeing them in kill stats. Got the points though.

lawnchair

Banned
i wonder how long it will be after the patch that they release the notes LOL

maybe thats whats holding them up again .. #paternityleavenotesgate2

Yes. It's amazing.

Is the Playing the Objective Trophy fucked or something? I've had the most kills multiple times in Blast and still haven't gotten it.

You have to have the match end on the timer with you on top, instead of reaching the 50 kill limit. Which is impossible in a full game.

Huh... it's "broken" and yet not all other players are able to use it effectively. That sure is interesting. The only people I ever see complaining about the DL-44 are those that run out into the open like fools, can't aim with it, don't know how to handle its recoil, or sit still when shooting back which guarantees your timely death. "Broken" lolol If you wanna talk broken, mention the homing shot, starfighter spawn camping, and scan pulse.

Maybe we should all stop bitching about other people's loadout and play the game the way we enjoy it. You like using the DL-44? Go ahead, use it! I don't like it and think it's OP. I like using scan pulse and on occasion homing shot. You think these are cheap tactics and for noobs, don't use it.

I really want that Shadow Trooper outfit, but don't feel like grinding like crazy. Is there a well known fastest way to level up yet? I'm not great at this game, I have a K/D of like 1.15. lol

Any bonus XP weekends coming?

Durden77

You have to have the match end on the timer with you on top, instead of reaching the 50 kill limit. Which is impossible in a full game.

What the fuck? So I have to do it in a private game or something?

Also what the hell is the point of Boba Fett's flamethrower? I feel like it doesn't do shit. I just lost a Hero Hunt match because there was a crowded room and I thought "I'll torch them all duh!" And it didn't kill ANYONE.

JonCha

Honestly, I'd be really happy if more maps had Turning Point. I think it's the best mode in the game and the last phase always feels like a struggle (in a good way).

Supremacy to me feels a bit aimless at times but Walker Assault is also very good, I think.

What the fuck? So I have to do it in a private game or something?

Also what the hell is the point of Boba Fett's flamethrower? I feel like it doesn't do shit. I just lost a Hero Hunt match because there was a crowded room and I thought "I'll torch them all duh!" And it didn't kill ANYONE.

Do you hold down the trigger after activating it?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
It blows my mind that there is no dlc news still. Give me a tiny render or something, a hint dammit. Anything!

I think its rubbish we have to buy DLC in blind faith when the game comes out, yeah I know have bought season pass recently(yesterday) but I cant think of any other medium where you buy blind like this and have to wait so long. I think its not a good way to operate, in future when a game is released they should give an idea of what the DLC should be so people can make their own judgement on if to buy or not. its

I think its rubbish we have to buy DLC in blind faith when the game comes out, yeah I know have bought season pass recently(yesterday) but I cant think of any other medium where you buy blind like this and have to wait so long. I think its not a good way to operate, in future when a game is released they should give an idea of what the DLC should be so people can make their own judgement on if to buy or not. its

Somebody is forcing you?
Just wait until they make an announcement regarding the DLC and then buy the season pass if you think it's worth it.

Alucrid

Banned

you can buy the season pass after the stuff releases so

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Somebody is forcing you?
Just wait until they make an announcement regarding the DLC and then buy the season pass if you think it's worth it.

sorry I didn't mean that how you took it, They release versions of the game bundled with the DLC expecting people to buy it blind without knowing the content it comes with, yes you can buy the season pass separate but they try make it cheaper as a bundle so people buy it

sorry I didn't mean that how you took it, They release versions of the game bundled with the DLC expecting people to buy it blind without knowing the content it comes with, yes you can buy the season pass separate but they try make it cheaper as a bundle so people buy it

Then don't buy these bundles, even if it saves you a few bucks.
I'd rather spend 5 €/$ more and be sure I bought something good.

You must be one of those people that can't get kills unless it's with a weapon that locks onto someone. The DL-44 is deadly at close range and useless beyond that. Quit whining about a gun other people can use fine and that you can't use for shit.

The DL-44 has more spread than almost any weapon, but its ranged damage is higher than 9 of the other 11 weapons in the game. It might be harder to use at range, but it's not useless.

Lol so I don't? It's just garbage? It never works reliably.

There is a bit of a delay between pressing the button and it actually activating. Ive only used it a couple times and each time felt like I should have just shot the person. You usually suck up a lot of damage getting that close trying to get the flamethrower to work.

Palpable

yes, most people seem to be agreed on that. Infinity Patriot is like a climate change denier. or this guy

comical-ali.jpg

"I can assure you plebs that the DL-44 is not overpowered, return to your homes"

Maybe mildly OP, but it isn't a godmode blaster like so many of you claim. If it was, I'd be getting killed far more offen by it.

The DL-44 has more spread than almost any weapon, but its ranged damage is higher than 9 of the other 11 weapons in the game. It might be harder to use at range, but it's not useless.

I much prefer the EE-3 at range. The spread on the DL is too much (as it should be, it's a pistol).

Woorloog

Banned
THE FUCK

I just got to a game (the MM is taking forever for some reason), get an X-Wing and the fucking Direct X (or at least i got Direct X error message) crashes. FUCKING FUCK

Woorloog

Banned
Un-fucking-believable.
The MM is slow. Or seems to be. Looking for 20% full game... except it has actually found a game but doesn't show it for some reason. I can click people's names and it opens Origin-profile. At that point it also shows the game.

What a buggy UI.

Wonder how many possible matches i've missed because of this...

lawnchair

Banned
They do that for every AAA shooter that isn't mainline Battlefield.

truth

but i think this game is a little extra-egregious for the master race camp .. i mean, it doesn't have a server browser

in other news i now have three lil figures in my diorama. WOOOO

Tubie

Even on PS4 I believe the matchmaking is still fucked.

I've tried comparing MM times between Battlefront and BF4 on PS4 multiple times and even when Battlefront had almost 200k PS4 users the BF4 matchmaking times were always way faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom