• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawnchair

Banned
Does any other top-selling game get as much hate as this one?

this game provides the perfect storm for hate.

its star wars (perhaps most beloved of all movie franchises)

its DICE (great track record of making big deep FPS games)

new movie coming out creating even more hype/hope for this game

expectations were naturally through the roof.

it comes out looking like a half baked release that was rushed to be "finished" so it could take advantage of movie hype in order to gain sales. it leans in a decidedly casual direction. not saying its a bad game, but the hate is completely understandable given the expectations/potential for the game.

The only thing I didn't want was for DICE to create a Battlefield SW.

I mean there's gonna another BF game out in 9 months or so.

I would like to play both without getting developer fatigue.

So I'm quite happy.

Ozorov

The only thing I didn't want was for DICE to create a Battlefield SW.

I mean there's gonna another BF game out in 9 months or so.

I would like to play both without getting developer fatigue.

So I'm quite happy.

I can't spill the beans yet but.. We're for some good stuff later on :).

hydruxo

I can't spill the beans yet but.. We're for some good stuff later on :).

lhjhbB9.gif

MADGAME

I dont understand the backlash its a realy good game. Yes it needs tweeks and content but all games these days seem to be like that, i think the game will get better and better in my opinion

I enjoyed my time with Destiny as well. Star Wars has an intensely passionate fan base, and unfortunately has had to deal with many sub-par games with long spans in between. Battlefront became an easy target for any Star Wars video game fan that wasn't happy with some aspect of the game.

I'm having a blast, it just isn't getting old for me.

Woorloog

Banned
Argh, i fucking hate this "waiting for players to join". They should make it so that any WA/Supremacy match with over 20 players can start right away, otherwise people start quitting and the match may never start.

Woorloog

Banned
Right. 8 people or so quit at the start of a match. So, the game requires at least 4 more people. Of course, people have no patience (nor do i), so people start quitting faster than more people join.
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to requires so high amount of people at start?

And why the fuck the match start timers are so long. First a long wait before you can spawn, and then another long wait before you can play.
I get that people should be given time to make adjustments to their loadouts etc. but halving both timers should still be enough.

Apeboy

I knew everything, cause I know people.

I have knewn pretty much everything since day 1.

But now I'm allowed to say... something :).

Wait...for....it.

Any of us can say that at this point.

I knew about pretty much everything since day one of every new game released in 2015.

Sayers

Maybe they should add a 40 player DM mode so that all the jack offs who join Supremacy to play deathmatch will have a place to play

Xzan

So I decided to test Boba's flamer in an offline hero battle and can confirm that its still garbage. Holding the trigger or holding the card button makes no difference to duration or range, and the delay in firing is still there, meaning that its simply more efficient to kill with the EE-3 instead.

The only benefits are a reduced needed to aim thanks to a small, channeled aoe, and it seems to penetrate shields. Its also unblockable by Luke, so there's that too, i guess... I suppose if you're hunting Leia its good, but the firing delay is too big if you're cornered by Luke indoors. Disappointing...

I think think I'll keep transitioning to using Palpatine instead. Even if your shock troopers abandon you, he's worth it for his emotes alone. :)

Palpable

The only point to Fett's flamethrower is to kill people through shields. That's it. It's useless otherwise.

Also, dropping a proximity mine or throwing an imploder at the exact same time as dying will cause you to lose that power up and it won't deploy when you're dead. This happened several times; I throw a thermal imploder or drop a mine at the exact same time as dying and the mine doesn't appear or the imploder doesn't go off AND you lose it. Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom