• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It'll piss off the base, but there really needs to be a maximum amount of time you can be the hero if you aren't actively engaged or something.

I wish we had modifiers for the ground modes where there is no heroes at all, ESPECIALLY, Fighter Squadron. It is overkill, that ends the matches too fast more often than not.

hydruxo

Next week is the week boys

NEXT WEEK

tumblr_nngwnizCge1tr61zko1_250.gif

GeeTeeCee

I can see this happening:

"We'll have an announcement about the January update next week"

-next week-

"We're officially announcing that the January update is now the February update! Please stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks."

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Just had an intense 30 minute Supremacy match and managed to accumulate 20,000 points.

I wish I had more matches like these.

Woorloog

Banned
EA/DICE are terrible at communication.

While i'm no Bungie fan, one thing they've always done right is to communicate with people. Sure, it is often not about their games but the fact they do communicate is big deal. (Or did communicate? Don't know about Destiny-era Bungie.)

DICE really should have someone who talks weekly about their games. Talk about stats, drop hints about future, ask questions... it doesn't really matter what, just doing is enough (and delivering). No "in the coming weeks" BS.

Ambitious

EA/DICE are terrible at communication.

While i'm no Bungie fan, one thing they've always done right is to communicate with people. Sure, it is often not about their games but the fact they do communicate is big deal. (Or did communicate? Don't know about Destiny-era Bungie.)

DICE really should have someone who talks weekly about their games. Talk about stats, drop hints about future, ask questions... it doesn't really matter what, just doing is enough (and delivering). No "in the coming weeks" BS.

They're the worst.

Woorloog

Banned
AT-ATs on Hoth need 25-33% more hitpoints. As it is, the Empire can barely win the match. On the phase one, our AT-ATs lost 3/4ths and 1/2 HP with mere four Y-Wings for Rebels. And on the next round, the Empire was good BUT they had no chances on the final round since Snowspeeders are so good.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I feel like everyone's been having some sort of self-realization lately because A-Wings are starting to become rare to come across in my Fighter Squadron skirmishes.

Woorloog

Banned
Right, had my first "vanished AT-AT" glitch. It was alive but was nowhere, and when the outro played, the camera was where the AT-AT had vanished...

Woorloog

Banned
Rebel base spawns in Hoth are way too far away from the CP. It is practically impossible to get there to defend in time if the Empire manages to get there. Sure, the Empire has similar problem but not as severe.

EDIT Of course, the real reason why defending is difficult is that one probably has a fucking terrible team if this happens. Argh!

Woorloog

Banned
can't find any matches on PC, I just can't believe the PC community is this small.

What mode? I find matches easily enough often but sometimes the game just refuses to give a match (regardless of time of day).
When searching, hover the cursor where teams and players normally appear when you find a match. Do you hear a sound? Try clicking, it might open a player's Origin profile... Sometimes the game has a match chosen for you but it never appears on the display and is unjoinable...

Now, if i could get some decent team mates and not these stupid fucks i get constantly...

Kuro

What mode? I find matches easily enough often but sometimes the game just refuses to give a match (regardless of time of day).
When searching, hover the cursor where teams and players normally appear when you find a match. Do you hear a sound? Try clicking, it might open a player's Origin profile... Sometimes the game has a match chosen for you but it never appears on the display and is unjoinable...

Now, if i could get some decent team mates and not these stupid fucks i get constantly...

It took a while but I got into one. Just wish there was a server browser or a mod for one.

Woorloog

Banned
It took a while but I got into one. Just wish there was a server browser or a mod for one.

*Snort*
This is EA/DICE, who don't care one bit about modding anymore. Indeed, i recall DICE claiming Battlefield 3/4's map tools being too complicated for people.

What the hell is going on, has there been no news about possible dlc or updates yet? Last I heard they were maybe adding new costumes for heroes? Gahh. I wanted an excuse to buy my first season pass...

adj_noun

Definitely.

Empire - Have to cross 2 hills to get to the initial CP

Rebels - It's right in front of them

Rebels on Tatooine is one of the only times I feel like you can be confident of a majority of the team working together on that initial point 'cause it's so darn easy to take.

Palpable

I know it'll never happen, but I really wish DICE would implement a game mode like WA, but in space with a rebel ship and an Imperial Star Destroyer (or Super SD). It should be like turning point and WA mixed together. The first tier is all TIE and X/A Wings. To advance, the rebels have to destroy certain shield generators on the outside of the ship, which are guarded by turbo lasers, to be able to board. Once that happens, it's attack and defend (rebels spawn on the star destroyer now). The final tier has the rebels planting charges on the bridge or in the engine room of said star destroyer and must defend the charges for a certain amount of time. Once done, it shows a mini cutscene of the rebels escaping the ship and the star destroyer plummeting down to whatever planet they're orbiting (it could also skip ahead and show the SD slamming into the ground, kinda like how the end of this trailer implies). This could also work with the Death Star.

5taquitos

I know it'll never happen, but I really wish DICE would implement a game mode like WA, but in space with a rebel ship and an Imperial Star Destroyer (or Super SD). It should be like turning point and WA mixed together. The first tier is all TIE and X/A Wings. To advance, the rebels have to destroy certain shield generators on the outside of the ship, which are guarded by turbo lasers, to be able to board. Once that happens, it's attack and defend (rebels spawn on the star destroyer now). The final tier has the rebels planting charges on the bridge or in the engine room of said star destroyer and must defend the charges for a certain amount of time. Once done, it shows a mini cutscene of the rebels escaping the ship and the star destroyer plummeting down to whatever planet they're orbiting (it could also skip ahead and show the SD slamming into the ground, kinda like how the end of this trailer implies). This could also work with the Death Star.

Nah, that would be too fun.

Edit: Though I have a good feeling we'll get the Battlefront equivalent of BF4's Carrier Assault at some point during the DLC releases.

Woorloog

Banned
Also, why the fuck TIE Interceptor doesn't count as a TIE fighter for a challenge?
Really, all in all, the challenges are mostly utterly idiotic, with stupidly low payouts (not that there's anything worth using credits for) and changing them costs way too much.

AND why does the game insist on telling one "no match found" rather than, you know, continue fucking searching? I will quit from the search if it takes too long by myself!

5taquitos

Also, why the fuck TIE Interceptor doesn't count as a TIE fighter for a challenge?
Really, all in all, the challenges are mostly utterly idiotic, with stupidly low payouts (not that there's anything worth using credits for) and changing them costs way too much.

Don't worry, Daily Challenges will be coming in The Weeks Ahead.

pots555

Just got to level 43 and starting to get a little burned out. I want to get to 50 but I am getting tired of some of the maps and I am loosing interest in certain game modes. Still having fun but I am ready for new maps and game modes.

In retrospect I should have so I could have posted it. I was too salty at the time too consider it unfortunately.

Don't feel too bad, sounds like the sorta thing that would happen to me.

Although like has been said, they really need to do another 2 XP weekend or something to shake things up. I was extremely busy the first time and on vacation the second time they did it. >_>

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Booted up the game today Sunday afternoon to get back into it and have a few rounds.

For an hour I couldn't find anything. Nothing but matching into empty servers.

When I finally found a match of Walker Assault I was greeted with an opponent equipped with invincibility, an aim bot, and one hit kills.

No proper server browsing. No admin or vote kick/ban to deal with hackers. Battlefront really personifies how not to make a PC multiplayer game and if I could get a refund at this point I would. What a shitshow.

GeeTeeCee

Up to level 42... if I actually get to level 50 before the new patch drops then that's a sure sign something has gone horrifically wrong at DICE. I never reach the level cap in any multiplayer game.

Well I just got 80 kills on Endor WA playing as Imperials. Probably only around 15 from being in a tank.

Also can confirm that people have started attempting to ram heroes with speeders when the map is open and its easy to see them. Saw a guy take really low dives at Boba not even trying to shoot at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom