• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawnchair

Banned
Also, Homing Shot and the DL-44 got hefty nerfs. I just hope the Private Match function is robust.

what sort of robustness are you hoping for? it'd be rad if private matches were super customizable .. ie pistols only, heavy blasters only, no homing shot, etc .. but i dont think they'll take it that far unfortunately

GeeTeeCee

Turning point on the other maps is going to be interesting, because with the possible exception of Hoth, I don't recall any of them being as wide as Jakku, so I don't know if there'll be as many capture zones per phase.

I'm super salty about the RT-97c nerfs. I swear I'm the only person I actually see using it whenever I go online. I've used it too long to get used to another gun.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm super salty about the RT-97c nerfs. I swear I'm the only person I actually see using it whenever I go online. I've used it too long to get used to another gun.

I see RT-97C all the time. And it is so good no one uses the other machine-blaster.
It really deserved the nerf. As it was, it was better in every single way but recoil reset than the DLT-19. It is still probably better, thanks to its higher damage.

ION torpedo and explosive shot changes might lead to me using ION shot in the large modes more. I guess they thought AT-STs died too quickly?

They sure as hell didn't think of what effect this would have on A-Wings. Can't shoot them down anymore...

what sort of robustness are you hoping for? it'd be rad if private matches were super customizable .. ie pistols only, heavy blasters only, no homing shot, etc .. but i dont think they'll take it that far unfortunately
The ability to choose teams (necessary for competitive play), ban weapons/star cards, disable powerups, etc.

If that was the intention, why not buff the AT-AT and AT-ST health slightly or add a damage resistance VS Ion Torp (so that nothing else is affected)?

Those would make sense, too, but maybe they thought the changes to other cards would lead to more people picking up ION torpedo if it didn't get similar changes? I don't think I agree, but I'm just trying to find their reasoning.

Sucks about A-Wings, definitely. I think they were primarily thinking about the ground modes when they made that change.

edit: GROUND COMBAT, I should say, since the A-wings are in ground modes.

Woorloog

Banned
Those would make sense, too, but maybe they thought the changes to other cards would lead to more people picking up ION torpedo if it didn't get similar changes? I don't think I agree, but I'm just trying to find their reasoning.

Sucks about A-Wings, definitely. I think they were primarily thinking about the ground modes when they made that change.

edit: GROUND COMBAT, I should say, since the A-wings are in ground modes.

More Ion Torpedos being used would have been an overall boon to this game. Turrets, droids, A-wings...
Sure, WA would have become a bit more lopsided for the Rebels BUT armor buff for AT-ATs would solved that.

(As it is, the Empire can barely win Hoth, that map needs AT-AT buff very, very heavily.)

Sounds nice, but no mention of all the free content being rolled into a "patch" and not splitting servers based on who has it downloaded is a concern. The way Jakku is currently handled for matchmaking is a big misstep.

Sounds nice, but no mention of all the free content being rolled into a "patch" and not splitting servers based on who has it downloaded is a concern. The way Jakku is currently handled for matchmaking is a big misstep.

We need to spam them on twitter.

Get Omlet involved, get some dev on dev muscle in there.

Also, Homing Shot and the DL-44 got hefty nerfs. I just hope the Private Match function is robust.

Bowcaster seemed to get the heftiest of them all. Long cooldown with much, much less damage per shot. Strangely, I haven't had a problem with the bowcaster.

The lock-on time for Homing shot was much needed. The speed decrease may make it easier to dodge once I get used to it. It's already fairly easy to dodge over a moderate amount of space.

The Ion Torpedo nerf is going to hurt me the most. I mainly play WA, so racking up a ton of points with an upgraded Ion was a surefire way to give me a nice credit bump at the end of a match. Admittedly, it started to become too easy to take down AT-ATs.

Slave I and Falcon changes, with randomized pickups, might make Fighter Squadron a little better. Lack of changes to A-wing might not.

Ozorov

Small summary:

January:
  • The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.

• New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
  • We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
  • The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We'll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
  • And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.

February
  • New survival mission on hoth
  • A new map on Hoth that will support larger game modes - WA, Supremacy Fighter Squadron and Turning point.
  • Turning point will be available on ALL maps that are currectly supporting WA and Supremacy

March
  • A new endor map that will support WA, Supremacy and Turning point.
  • A new tatoonie survival map

Season pass news
  • First DLC called Outer Rim: "Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutts palace on Tatooine. MARCH 2016
  • Second DLC is called Bespin: It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin. SUMMER 2016
  • Third DLC-pack is called Death Star: That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront. FALL 2016
  • Forth DLC-pack: TBA

Woorloog

Banned
Oh yeah, once if finally hit me how many darn things the Torpedo is good for, I started to love it.

Well, it is pointless now.
You can't really afford to waste it on turrets and such, yet it is now borderline impossible to shoot down A-Wings.

Trying to figure what to use instead of it now... Unfortunately nothing else suits my playstyle really.
Perhaps i need to use the Pulse Cannon, snipe the fucking A-Wings...

GeeTeeCee

Now that I think about it, I'm fine with the first free map being for the smaller game modes. While I usually ignore cargo/drop zone etc, that was mostly because of DL-44 and homing shot spam being way worse on smaller maps. We should be seeing a lot less of that now, so I can play those modes a little more happily.

Now if only Hero Hunt got a major overhaul...

Safe Bet

Banned
please make dailies true dailies and not " hello welcome to your daily exercise in this is taking way too fucking long" thingies...

@DICE_Firewall just confirmed to me on Twitter that you will be able to assign teams in private matches!

Clan battles and ladders are a go! I will make a big post once my ladder site is ready to start holding competitions for the new game, it shouldn't be long. We are already discussing rules and procedures.

5taquitos

@DICE_Firewall just confirmed to me on Twitter that you will be able to assign teams in private matches!

Clan battles and ladders are a go! I will make a big post once my ladder site is ready to start holding competitions for the new game, it shouldn't be long. We are already discussing rules and procedures.

I have absolutely no time for competitive play, but that's really cool news! Kinda the last thing I expected from this game, actually.

Apeboy

Don't know why they nerfed ion cannon. It will help the AT-ST survive for a few more seconds but will allow rebel air even more time to abuse ground units unchecked.

They should have a AA card separate from Ion Cannon card for ground vehicles.

Don't know why they nerfed ion cannon. It will help the AT-ST survive for a few more seconds but will allow rebel air even more time to abuse ground units unchecked.

They should have a AA card separate from Ion Cannon card for ground vehicles.

New Starcards are in the works, so it's possible we'll get an alternative.

Toa TAK

Banned

This is great news, once again.

Woorloog

Banned
Can't wait to use the A-wing now. Have fun trying to blast me out the sky Ion scrubs. ;)

Thanks DICE!

This is what i'm going to do. I'm going to abuse the shit out of it until DICE finally fixes it, preferably with a hot fix.

Hell, it is already so broken, i just got like a 15 kills with one even though i was damaged to the point of dying with a single hit.

Woorloog

Banned
I can barely ever find any games. I hope this helps the game because I think it really is dead on PC.

As far as i can determine, it is not dead, the MM is just fucking broken. Often, i can click player names, open their Origin profile, even though they're not visible on screen...

Oh, and the DLT-19 is still going to suck post-patch. The RT-97C nerfs bring it in line with other weapons but that won't help the DLT-19...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom