• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzan

I was going to suggest...Geonosis...?

orftJ8W.jpg

But, clearly, no fun allowed! :(

Anyways, I think most of the changes aren't too bad. Explosive Shot was too good and nerfing the cooldowns on all the popular explosives is interesting. I get that they want to reduce explosive spam but I think thats always going to be relative to the number of players throwing them in a given timeframe (i.e. 5 guys choking the Endor bunker on WA), not how often an individual can hit their cooldowns. I like the thought of combat being more blaster focused though.

The DL-44 'nerf' seems a bit of a half measure and may not have the intended effect. Not without a corresponding recoil reduction nerf to account for the extra time between shots anyway. Maybe it'll reduce point-blank spam kills? I'm glad there's no damage reduction.

Being able to choose server site has me excited. They're never going to have a site in my home state but as long as I'm playing in the same country I'll be happy.

RIP Bowcaster. I'm not sure I'm reading the change properly but is that splash damage 15 at 5 shots (75 total) and 10 at 1 /3 shots (10/30 total) plus direct damage (20 according to Symthic forums), so 30, 50 or 95 damage at most depending on charge and including direct damage? On the plus side, at least I won't get any more suicides when randos walk in front of me as I fire my shot...

The Cycler Rifle is looking like the obvious Bowcaster replacement for my default loadout, or perhaps Ion Torpedo will move from my anti-vehicle loadout (even with the nerfs). Certainly not Barrage, its gone from slightly OP to situational to almost worthless.

They've updated the main menu with new background images and models (A-Wing):

CZuQkAqWwAAuVcE.jpg

Whwn you chose to play with Luke or Han on hoth. Do you get to chose the skin or is it automaticly the hoth-ones?

It's automatically for the Hoth maps. Also works in offline hero battles.
In-game Luke & Han:

CZuTaROWIAAau4t.jpg
CZuRtOzW0AAAqUq.jpg

MADGAME

Haha at Dice jamming the A-wing in your face on the select screens. Had to leave early this morning so I won't get to play until later, but looking forward to everyone's impressions of their loadouts post patch.

Good.

Let me know how it feels if you get to try it.

Feels pretty good, though for a oneshot you need to be very close.

The Ion Torpedo nerf is pretty shit if you ask me. The prolonged cool down I'm ok with, but the lock-on takes forever. When shooting an AT-AT this is not a very big deal, but AT-ST's and aircraft are another matter.
Btw: did the torpedos always do 80 damage to an AT-ST when hit from behind?

MADGAME

Anyone get the blast trophy to pop post-patch without having to do it over?

Edit: at least one Redditor is claiming the trophy is still bugged and won't pop, even after winning blast several times.

Also, there are reports that XP in small game modes have been increased, and highest objective score is now the top box in post-game results in Walker Assault.

Can anyone corroborate any of the above?

Woorloog

Banned
The crossbow nerf is going to make it extra difficult for ordinary troops to kill heroes.

Any heroes were typically killed by massed fire (or a mistake by the hero's player), not Bowcasters, at least in my experience.

Indeed, i've rarely seen anyone to use Bowcaster vs hero...

And this is a minor side-effect at most, for the Bowcaster broke everything else in the game pretty much.

Woorloog

Banned
Okay, who the fuck thought the daily challenges would be a good idea as they are?

A few hours ago i had "Defeat a Hero", which is purely luck based thing. Payout: 200 credits.
Now: "Win 1 match". Same payout. Like, why? At very least make them, you know, challenges. Like: "Get 25 headshots", with proper payout (ie 800 credits at least for headshots).

5taquitos

Okay, who the fuck thought the daily challenges would be a good idea as they are?

A few hours ago i had "Defeat a Hero", which is purely luck based thing. Payout: 200 credits.
Now: "Win 1 match". Same payout. Like, why? At very least make them, you know, challenges. Like: "Get 25 headshots", with proper payout (ie 800 credits at least for headshots).

Yeah, I don't get the Daily Challenge. Like, they're the same as the regular challenges. What's the point? The credit payout is pathetic as is.

lawnchair

Banned
kinda concerned about the ION torpedo nerf .. most of the time i play WA (which is relatively rare) the walkers are always getting taken down by T-47s in the last phase, no matter what happened previously. i've attempted without success to shoot down a T-47 that is doing the "takedown" maneuver, with no success .. i imagine its even harder now.

kinda concerned about the ION torpedo nerf .. most of the time i play WA (which is relatively rare) the walkers are always getting taken down by T-47s in the last phase, no matter what happened previously. i've attempted without success to shoot down a T-47 that is doing the "takedown" maneuver, with no success .. i imagine its even harder now.

You dont shoot them with the Ion Torpedo if they are already trying to wrap up the AT-AT, you shoot them with whatever gun you have. The higher rate of fire, the easier it is to hit but Ive swatted away a speeder with an E-11.

lawnchair

Banned
You dont shoot them with the Ion Torpedo if they are already trying to wrap up the AT-AT, you shoot them with whatever gun you have. The higher rate of fire, the easier it is to hit but Ive swatted away a speeder with an E-11.

ahhhhhhh

learning new things every day, thankyou.

i feel like i've been playing this game forever but i checked the clock yesterday and i'm only at 34 hours.. almost exclusively in blast, with a sprinkling of dropzone/supremacy/fighte squadron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom