• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzan

My vision of Ion Torp would not lock-on people. Splash damage can be reduced if jet-pack is a problem. Essentially i'd be like Boba's wrist rocket (which is just fine at the moment). In such case, Homing Shot would not exist either.

As it is, the Ion Torp is actually one-shot kill on people (i've managed to hit enemy troopers who got in the way while trying to shoot vehicles/droids).

No comment on the Ion Grenade, it is utterly worthless in my experience.

Also, the damage penalty vs troopers from Ion Shot should be removed. The charge has limited usefulness as it is, removing the damage penalty would be perhaps encourage people to use it against shielded infantry and other things. Or use it in the first place.

And were it up to me, i'd have the Jet Pack lock all attacks and cards for one second or so, to prevent jump-attacks. The idea is that the Jet Pack gives one increased mobility, nothing more.

Ion Shot is pretty situational, it shreds shields and turrets and boosts damage to vehicles, so I'm not averse to it having a penalty against infantry for the brief time its active (bonus damage against Vader maybe? He's more machine now than man... ;)). You just can't run around with it pre-charged like the other cards. I think the problem is that Explosive Shot and Scan Pulse are just too good not to carry, and Personal Shield is better for objective capping. Focus Fire is actually pretty good as well but I rarely see it used.

The only truly worthless charge card is Cooling Cell. Any situation where you'll get a benefit from limitless heat reduction will mean that your recoil and spread is so high that you won't hit shit. The natural timing of shots to account for recoil will provide sufficient cooling in most situations.

Ion Grenade is good on Endor where trees block the Ion Torpedo tracking. It has a massive throwing range and proximity detection so you don't need to be too accurate. It also doesn't require a lock-on.

I received my Battlefront copy today... and I... I actually like it. For the moment, at least.

Is there a cure for this?

Its a good game that suffers from some glaring balancing issues is all. Hopefully they get ironed out with the patch. Im still excited about the possibilities from the DLC and Im still having a good time with the game. The lack of communication is the worst part of it because nobody knows if we're being heard or not.

Palpable

Nothing satisfies me more than absolutely annihilating people who use jumpcaster/scan pulse combo. The cherry on top is when the match begins, they get a kill on me, do an emote to taunt me for no fucking reason, and then I end up raping their assholes into oblivion.

i predict that whatever they announce tomorrow will be an epic disappointment

This keeps reminding me of when the PS+ announcement was delayed for no apparent reason. The wildest theories we're going around and when they finally released the lineup everybody was like meh.....

Nothing satisfies me more than absolutely annihilating people who use jumpcaster/scan pulse combo. The cherry on top is when the match begins, they get a kill on me, do an emote to taunt me for no fucking reason, and then I end up raping their assholes into oblivion.

You really take this game very seriously don't you?

I just like to put bitches in their place

m1y5Iver1GNR6.gif

Klocker

I approve of this post.

And here we have it, folks

Our senses of humor don't jive, clearly, so ignore my posts if you feel the need to comment on them.
Rape jokes and slurs. That doesn't belong here (or anywhere).

No one get their hopes up for the patch today. Being in certification this long either means the patch is gigantic or broke so much it had to go back several times.

Interfectum

Whatever patch notes or patch we get will do very little to satiate demand for new content. They are going to have to release a roadmap soon before the BF fanbase devours itself in rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom