• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can barely ever find any games. I hope this helps the game because I think it really is dead on PC.

the matchmaking in this game is terrible. Doesnt mean nobody is playing it. Even if the PC Version had 1000 players that should be enough to find a full server.

i play on ps4 which has the biggest userbase and i still got into a game with 7 vs 19 and not a single player joined us for the rest of the match ... Dice has to fix this asap.

Woorloog

Banned
Ugh, these fucking noobs just roll over for enemies.

(Tell me, what other shooters without ADS there are on PC that aren't old and aren't CSGO, TF2 or the new Unreal Tournament? As far as i can determine, there are none.)

PrankT

Oh, and the DLT-19 is still going to suck post-patch. The RT-97C nerfs bring it in line with other weapons but that won't help the DLT-19...
I felt they should have provided some kind of buff to the DLT-19 instead of nerfing the RT-97c. RT-97c wasn't really OP at all, it fit in quite nicely in my experience.

Woorloog

Banned
I felt they should have provided some kind of buff to the DLT-19 instead of nerfing the RT-97c. RT-97c wasn't really OP at all, it fit in quite nicely in my experience.

It was really, really good, especially with the explosive shot. Perhaps not in the bigger maps (except inside) but very good nonetheless. The nerfs are deserved, though admittedly they may have gone a bit overboard. We shall see.

PrankT

https://forums.battlefront.starwars...238/star-wars-battlefront-matchmaking-updates

"Our team has been watching and adjusting Matchmaking since launch across all platforms. That being said, we have some new changes arriving with our January update that should allow gamers to find matches across the board more quickly. What are those changes you ask?

First up, we have added the option for players to choose what region they would like to connect to. This allows players to choose what servers they want to connect to at any given moment. Under the Settings Menu > EA Accounts you will have the option for ‘Matchmaking Region’. You can leave this at automatic or pick the region of your choice.

The second change revolves around lowering the minimum player count for each game mode. This allows more servers to spin up and also allows our third adjustment to populate these servers more quickly.

The final and third adjustment has to do with how Matchmaking looks for actual matches and other players by giving more additional time at each stage of the search. With this particular change, the system has more time to cast a wider net in order to find more players performing similar searches.

These changes are just the start as we will be watching how these changes adjust players getting into matches quickly. Our team will continue to work and improve matchmaking, and we look forward to hearing your feedback."

I wish they would add some kind of persistent game world functionality, similar to MAG and HellDivers.

Set aside one large map game mode each month where you have to pledge allegiance to the Rebels or Empire. That might be the closest we get to a Galactic conquest mode

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
All this talk about Heroes, when I can't for the life of me think what villains they'll be adding given they're limited to OT.

Xzan

Ouch! Star Card nerfs everywhere plus some expected and needed ones (Explosive Shot, DL-44, etc).

Pretty disappointed about the Bowcaster nerf. Jumpcaster kills were cheap but came at the cost of two cooldowns. Meanwhile, the guy with Homing Shot+Pulse Cannon on the hill 70M from the objective can still spam freely. They should've tweaked Bounty Hunter instead. Looks like I'll be putting the Cycler Rifle in my standard loadout.

Poor Boba, will they ever stop nerfing you?

Woorloog

Banned
All this talk about Heroes, when I can't for the life of me think what villains they'll be adding given they're limited to OT.

I still think General Veers would be a perfect fit.
Imperial Officer but with armor and helmet. He is a frontline general. Abilities would be team-boosting kind of some sort.

Second one could be Bossk or IG-88, a bounty hunter anyway. Alternatively a Royal Guard, for they have distinctive looks and they certainly have abilities that would fit a hero unit.

FYC

Banned

I haven't read or watched much of the canon EU stuff, but I believe Bossk has been in Clone Wars, the recent Darth Vader comics and a couple of novels. Seems like a good candidate.

Not sure about anyone else. IG-88?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Have they really not touched the A-Wing at all? They must be playing a different game than me because out of all the vehicles the A-Wing is the one that needs sorting out.

I assume the "space" map will just use the Death Star as the planet instead, so while cool still not kinda not quite what people wanted, and what a lot of us had guessed.

Xzan

Not to worry. They've added a delay so that when your TIE is shot down by an A-Wing you'll have to wait 20s for another pickup to spawn.

With the two free WA maps being completely new, I'm wondering where else on the planet they can set it? Are there any parts of Hoth and Endor that are drastically different in scenery?

Palpable

Patch notes with nerfs-a-plenty (but no A-wing), Hoth outfits, Tatooine survival map goes MP, brief tease of upcoming DLC. The previous page of this thread has the deets.

Edit: Patch with new Hoth outfits and Tatooine map comes tomorrow

Fantastic. Thanks. Do we know exactly what's getting nerfed?

5taquitos

Fantastic. Thanks. Do we know exactly what's getting nerfed?

Some notes posted by Elzar:

Weapon and Star Card changes:

EE-3 Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 4 per shot
SE-14C Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 5 per shot
Homing Shot lock on time increased from 0.4 to 1.5
Homing Shot lock on distance decreased by 10 meters
Homing Shot projectile speed decreased slightly (30 -> 23)
RTC-97 overheat value is increased
Bowcaster replenish time tweaked (Normal 18 -> 25 and Upgrade 15 -> 20)
Flash Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 -> 20 and Upgrade 12 -> 15)
ION Torpedo replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 -> 25 and Upgrade 12 -> 20)
Thermal Detonator replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 -> 20 and Upgrade 10 -> 15)
Impact Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 -> 25 and Upgrade 12 -> 20)
Explosive Shot active time tweaked (Normal 7 -> 5 and Upgrade 10 -> 7)
Scan Ping recharge time tweaked (Normal 8 -> 10 and Upgrade 5 -> 8)
Cycler Rifle bullet dropoff reduced
Cycler Rifle damage increased from 90 to 100 at close range (10 meters)
DL-44 overheat tweaked and fire rate changed from 250 to 180.
Bounty Hunter trait card Level 2 reward percentage lowered from 100% to 85%
Bowcaster explosion damage lowered from 50 to 15 per shot
ION Torpedo lock on range decreased from 600 to 500 meters
Smart Rocket lock on range changed from 1000 to 500 meters
RTC-97 spread is increased when firing for a longer period
Scan Ping tweaked to have 50% shorter spotting time

Edit: Bolded for you ;)

5taquitos

The DL-44 already overheated quickly. I wonder if the "tweak" allows it fire more shots before overheating, especially since they lowered damage.

Unless I'm missing something, DL-44 damage and range are staying untouched.

So they nerfed the bowcaster, but little does DICE know all they did was turn the game into a snipe fest. It's going to be pulse cannons and cycler rifles everywhere.

I will be carrying my Cycler with me on most modes now, I think.

hydruxo

So they nerfed the bowcaster, but little does DICE know all they did was turn the game into a snipe fest. It's going to be pulse cannons and cycler rifles everywhere.

5taquitos

They both must have water, somewhere.

And if Hoth supports wildlife, it must have vegetation somewhere.

Now we're fucking with canon though, so...

Tauntauns eat lichen growing in caves, and Wampas eat Tauntauns. I'm pretty sure that's the extent of Hoth's super sustainable ecology.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just read everything, it is more than I expected. Bespin tho! Death Star for the Rogue One timing! The free content and challenges sound great.

Palpable

Infinity Patriot is sure to go on a raping spree after this news about the DL-44

It evened out because of the news about the bowcaster & scan pulse nerf's. The ONLY combo these fucks in smaller modes use are jumpcaster/pulse. It's like no one has skill.

Also
PllyUm.jpeg

Klocker

Coolio, yea I just got out of a couple games... the sec 14 and explosive nerfs will hurt me a bit but all the Nerfs together should make the game a bit more fun on gunplay

Jag

They are? I figured the expansions would include the prequels and TFA? Lucas Arts always released games when the movies came out.

Are new heroes and villains going to be an Expansion Pack item while maps are part of the Season Pass?

I don't expect to ever see the prequels in DICE's Battlefront (thank god). There just isn't anything for them to make the models from. No props or locations to scan for PBR and photogrammery. The ST had a lot of location shooting and practical effects, so it is much more likely.

I could easily see DICE's Battlefront 2 having both the OT and ST.

Palpable

I don't expect to ever see the prequels in DICE's Battlefront (thank god). There just isn't anything for them to make the models from. No props or locations to scan for PBR and photogrammery. The ST had a lot of location shooting and practical effects, so it is much more likely.

I could easily see DICE's Battlefront 2 having both the OT and ST.

Is this a joke? There are plenty of places they can scan, especially from Episode 1. I think the Clone Wars era battles would be a great addition.

Is this a joke? There are plenty of places they can scan, especially from Episode 1. I think the Clone Wars era battles would be a great addition.
Aside from a handful of shots for Tatooine and Naboo everything else in the prequels was done on a greenscreen.

Coruscant, Kamino, Geonosis, Utapau, Mustafar. All CG sets. The prequels rarely had anything practical. Certainly not enough to build a game from. DICE would have to build prequel stuff from scratch.

I don't really get the Ion Torp nerf. It was a handy deterrent for A-Wings if anyone on the imperial side bothered to use them, and they already have issues hitting Y-Wings for some bizarre reason as of late.

I suppose there's attempts to keep AT-STs and Air Speeders alive a bit longer, but not sure if that's where the adjustment should've gone in those cases.

lawnchair

Banned
Coruscant, Kamino, Geonosis, Utapau, Mustafar. All CG sets. The prequels rarely had anything practical. Certainly not enough to build a game from. DICE would have to build prequel stuff from scratch.

not to mention that creating that stuff would be a huge waste of time in the first place because its all garbage

trade federation droids sweet

gungans sweet

those stupid yellow starfighters sweet

JimiNutz

Banned
I can't believe they didn't fix the A Wing.
Surely that's the most unbalanced weapon/vehicle/card in the game. It's makes Fighter Squadron almost unplayable...

Tubie

Like 95% of the Prequels were shot in front of a greenscreen set, so it would be impossible to do photogrammetry.

I think the only place that was an actual location is that castle/villa in the middle of a lake Anakin takes Padme to in Episode II, as it's a real place in Italy.

It's one of the many reasons the prequels suck so much, you can even tell it affected the actors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom