• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Humor"

qs6ev2pm8g9dS.gif

lawnchair

Banned
listen guys, i'm pretty sure Infinity Patriot doesn't actually go out and ass rape everybody who gets a kill on him in battlefront, cut him some slack ..

as for "the info" .. what i need, baseline:

1. balance patch with notes. at minimum give me the notes and tell me the patch will be here by the end of january. that's really the main thing.

info about DLC would be nice, another map would be nice

Palpable

Looks like you have no self control. The ridiculousness of my post should've indicated I wasn't being serious in any way, yet you took it as such. Lighten up.

listen guys, i'm pretty sure Infinity Patriot doesn't actually go out and ass rape everybody who gets a kill on him in battlefront, cut him some slack ..

The intelligence level of a few posters in here aren't quite up to par :/

lawnchair

Banned
for fucks sake, can the language police go somewhere else please, this thread is about the collective agony of the upcoming star wars battlefront announcement

Rape jokes and slurs. That doesn't belong here (or anywhere).

FWIW, I completely agree. Shit, I remember having a talk with my 15 year old little brother years ago about why he shouldn't use "rape/raping" so casually online. Even he was able to understand why he should stop, at the time.

But apparently we're the kids :( Oh noes

Tubie

I don't think I remember DICE ever releasing a BF4 patch outside of a Tuesday.

It would be weird for them to announce and release it today tho, so I'm assuming its coming out the 28th or 29th (although I wouldn't put it past them to release a "January patch" on Feb. 2 lol).

You sure ?

He's one of them DL-44 users.
Abusing the most broken gun in order to rape other players online.
That's kinda rapey thing to do.

Galava

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/26/10832784/star-wars-battlefront-dlc-details

Tomorrow's free content will add support for the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes to the Tatooine Survival map, which will now be called Raider Camp.

The update will also add Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, unlocked by players completing the game's Heroes' Holiday community mission last month.

The update will also include balancing tweaks to weapons and modes, the introduction of daily challenges and community events and the ability for players to create Private Matches.

FYC

Banned
Cloud City, Jabba's Palace, and Death Star maps. I'm stoked.

Really wish we knew more about the upcoming heroes and villains though.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
The next free update, which will hit in February, will add a new survival mission on Hoth, a new Hoth multiplayer map that will support larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. The game will also expand the Turning Point game mode for play on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.

Wonder where the hell this is gonna be on Hoth?

Also
Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 - Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.

Either this is Rogue One related, or they lied about not having sequel trilogy stuff.

So it's technically not a new map... but ok.

I'm still not sold on the season pass though.

Yeah, me neither....yet. Id like to see a bit of what they will be offering before I drop the cash (plus theres always the chance that it will go on discount). The free content sounds pretty good though, glad to see that they're fleshing out the game a bit more and its not all locked behind paid DLC.

Now, just gotta wait for dem patch notes. Im at work, is the patch up yet?

PrankT

A few maps over the next year in the season pass doesn't tickle me. I'm more interested in the free stuff and balancing tweaks (which they didn't discuss).

Woorloog

Banned
Unfortunately the DLCs sound like themed expansions... which means it will split the player base.
Oh, sure, themed DLCs are fun ideas but i don't think they're a good idea.
Like, one can immediately say Walker Assault won't work on Bespin and Death Star. Supremacy, perhaps, but won't have vehicles really (a big appeal to me in Supremacy).

In Battlefield 3, the only DLC i really played was the BF2 DLC since they fit with the basic maps well. All others were... well, too different, and finding games for them wasn't easy.

Either this is Rogue One related, or they lied about not having sequel trilogy stuff.

Or more likely, it is so early in pre-production they don't simply know what it is yet.

Patchnotes for the January update

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the January update.

Additional Content/Functionality:

Multiplayer modes added to the Tatooine Survival map. (Blast, Droid Run, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs Villains, Drop Zone)
Hoth Luke Skywalker skin added
Hoth Han Solo skin added
Private match functionality added
Daily challenges added

Setting for actively choosing server site added

Weapon and Star Card changes:

EE-3 Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 4 per shot
SE-14C Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 5 per shot
Homing Shot lock on time increased from 0.4 to 1.5
Homing Shot lock on distance decreased by 10 meters
Homing Shot projectile speed decreased slightly (30 -> 23)
RTC-97 overheat value is increased
Bowcaster replenish time tweaked (Normal 18 -> 25 and Upgrade 15 -> 20)
Flash Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 -> 20 and Upgrade 12 -> 15)
ION Torpedo replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 -> 25 and Upgrade 12 -> 20)
Thermal Detonator replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 -> 20 and Upgrade 10 -> 15)
Impact Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 -> 25 and Upgrade 12 -> 20)
Explosive Shot active time tweaked (Normal 7 -> 5 and Upgrade 10 -> 7)
Scan Ping recharge time tweaked (Normal 8 -> 10 and Upgrade 5 -> 8)
Cycler Rifle bullet dropoff reduced
Cycler Rifle damage increased from 90 to 100 at close range (10 meters)
DL-44 overheat tweaked and fire rate changed from 250 to 180.
Bounty Hunter trait card Level 2 reward percentage lowered from 100% to 85%
Bowcaster explosion damage lowered from 50 to 15 per shot
ION Torpedo lock on range decreased from 600 to 500 meters
Smart Rocket lock on range changed from 1000 to 500 meters
RTC-97 spread is increased when firing for a longer period
Scan Ping tweaked to have 50% shorter spotting time

Vehicle Changes:

Starfighters pickups have a 20 second respawn delay
T-47 Airspeeder pickups have a 10 second respawn delay
Millennium Falcon and Slave I health decreased by 30%

Game Mode Changes:

Removed a turbolaser on Sullust which could be used for spawn killing
Turbolaser respawn time has been increased with 15 seconds
New friend zones and additional spawn points for Supremacy maps
New friend zones and additional spawn points for Walker Assault maps
New friend zones and additional spawn points for Turning Point on Jakku
Bugfix for crashing instantly when spawning in a vehicle on Jakku
Fighter Squadron hero vehicle pickups have more randomized timing
Fixed a Heroes vs Villains bug where players could use their cards in pre-round that got corrected by server
Updated spawn management between big and small game modes

New game mode minimum player count thresholds:

- Walker Assault 20
- Supremacy 20
- Dropzone 4
- Blast 4
- Cargo 4
- Fighter Squadron 4
- Hero Hunt 4
- Droid Run 4
- Heroes Vs Villains 4
- Turning Point 20

Hero Changes:

Han Solo weapon damage over distance is lowered. (Damage goes from 70 to 30 between 10 and 25 meters)
Boba Fett weapon damage over distance is lowered. (Damage goes from 30 to 20 between 30 and 60 meters)
Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion radius decreased from 4 to 3, maxiumum damage tweaked from 1 to 0.8 meters
Boba Fett missile doesn't lock on anymore
Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion damage slightly increased in damage to compensate for the removing of tracking

Bug Fixes:

Stun inducing attacks now properly trigger stun animation loop
Fixing an issue where melee'ing at nothing completly stopped your movement
After the transition from the AT-AT the user screen could remain black, this is now fixed
Several instances of rocks that players could get stuck on have been fixed
Speederbike - Inconsistence between the range when you see the prompt button and when you could actually use the vehicle
Jakku - Invisible collision located on the landed rebel transport ship
Users with the most kills will now not be prevented from get the Trophy / Achievement ”Playing the objective” in Blast

GeeTeeCee

DICE_FireWall: Finally! Yes, we're going to space. Can't wait to share the journey with you all.

Space?!

Presumably a map in the Death Star pack, which is the dlc I'm most intrigued by. Not for £40, but still curious.

No mention of the A-Wing in those patch notes, and the RT-97C - the one gun I'm any good with - is taking a pretty big hit. Uh oh.

adj_noun

They must be having a devil of a time with the darn A-Wing, heh.

Lotta nerfs. Only one I'm really getting hit by I can see is reduced range on Ion Torpedo.

DICE_FireWall: Finally! Yes, we're going to space. Can't wait to share the journey with you all.

Space?!

Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

RyanW

I'm actually really excited for this. The only thing to make me more excited is if they make this weekend a Double EXP Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom