• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
February's patch should be going into cert soon. I'm not sure why January's took so long, hopefully this one will go faster.

I would assume Christmas holidays etc. delayed. People probably weren't working that much. Doesn't excuse the shit communication though. Well, lack of communication.

Boke1879

Thermal Detonator is as useful as ever though it isn't spammed so much anymore. Which is good. Also the value of the Card Reset power-up went up.

Unfortunately it is also boring as hell...

I don't find any of the Star Cards to be interesting or particularly fun really.
I'd prefer a blaster version of the Bowcaster (ie functioning like a blaster as well, not like it does now), and perhaps off the Scout Pistol and Cycler Rifle as well. Single-shot weapons are meh, i'm better off using my actual blaster 99% of time.

Now, if the Blaster Cannon was a Star Card rather than a Power Up, that'd be great.

Next patch.

Ahh nice. i would assume this next patch gets pushed out faster.

Woorloog

Banned
So how are you guys finding the big modes?

WA has become drastically slower and allows for more methodical gunplay.

Really enjoying it atm.

WA is close to unplayable if the Rebels have half-way decent pilots now. Previously i could shoot them down with the ion torp. Now using ion torpedo is waste of time, the Rebel shield resets before the ion torp hits, that is one even can lock on thanks to the lowered lock-on distance. (No, i won't stop complaining about it until DICE does fix things.)
And the starfighter respawn time nerf hurts the Empire far more than the Rebels.

Plus Jakku and Hoth are still utter shit as Empire.

Otherwise, it hasn't changed one bit. Still as fast or as slow, depending on teams.

Pastry

Banned
I feel the update did little to address the fact that the DL-44 is a horseshit weapon. It still does far too much damage at range.

Woorloog

Banned
And spawns still suck.
"More" was not a real answer. "Better spawn locations and system that takes danger and distance into account" should have been.
Of course, i cannot recall a game developer who actually managed to make a good spawn system.

And spawns still suck.
"More" was not a real answer. "Better spawn locations and system that takes danger and distance into account" should have been.
Of course, i cannot recall a game developer who actually managed to make a good spawn system.

I want to say Bad Company 2 had decent spawns, only because I can't ever remember being annoyed at it.

hydruxo

So is SE-14C w/ explosive shot still viable now after that dmg nerf to it? That was my go-to for a while, just curious if I should switch to something else or not.

Drop Pod is my jam. The smaller player count makes things a lot more manageable than the cluster fuck of the larger game modes. Need to check out the others.

Also, the 5-burst weapon is purdy good. I forget the name :p

Lemnisc8

Ouch.

This patch has hurt the RT-97C quite badly. Overheats much quicker and has more recoil. Even tap firing the weapon now has some recoil to it as well. Dang. I was enjoying that weapon, I didn't ever see anyone complain about it so I'm wondering why the Nerf?

I don't think the dl-44 is useless at all, it's still just as powerful at the same range. It's now the double tap is slightly slower ttk due to a fire rate decrease which is where the issue was. The slightly longer time between shots actually benefits my play style and im now even more effective with it (I prefer to never miss and time my shots perfectly rather than the usual two fire spam).

Cycler; imo it's still rubbish but now OHKs at close range <10

Jumpcasters are now for more finishing off already injured opponents instead of outright killing in one blast at full health.

Homing shot much less annoying. Huzzah!

Pulse rifle is now my go to.

Glad to hear the a wing will be fixed in Feb. I completely avoid fighter squadron in this because of the obvious imbalance. I also wish I could control pitch and yaw independently as the simple controls bug the hell out of me (after you turn upside down it is really annoying as it rights itself for you. badly. Ugh).

Less spam.

Not impressed with the new map as yet but only seen it once so im sure my opinion is a little soon on that one.

Overall good update :)

Woorloog

Banned
There it is. The DL44 is now useless. It fires too slow to compete with anything rapid fire. DH17 it is.

I see many, many people still rolling with it, without bigger issues.

Also, can't imagine how it is too slow to compete with rapid fire, when the slowest weapon in the game, T-21, is perfectly fine even in close combat vs rapid fire weapon.

Unless controls matter a lot of for this? I do play on PC after all, and aiming with a high-precision mouse is very different from a controller.

Palpable

I see many, many people still rolling with it, without bigger issues.

Also, can't imagine how it is too slow to compete with rapid fire, when the slowest weapon in the game, T-21, is perfectly fine even in close combat vs rapid fire weapon.

Unless controls matter a lot of for this? I do play on PC after all, and aiming with a high-precision mouse is very different from a controller.

I never changed the sensitivity on mine at all, so I dunno how it is compared to a keyboard/mouse. I'm on PS4. I still use it, but it's nowhere near as useful as it was before. Also, the longer cool down for grenades makes it feel like a lifetime. Not enjoying these nerfs. I guess that's the price I have to pay for a nerffed bowcaster/homing shot.

with or without explosive shot

I never use explosive shot.

Woorloog

Banned
I never changed the sensitivity on mine at all, so I dunno how it is compared to a keyboard/mouse. I'm on PS4. I still use it, but it's nowhere near as useful as it was before. Also, the longer cool down for grenades makes it feel like a lifetime. Not enjoying these nerfs. I guess that's the price I have to pay for a nerffed bowcaster/homing shot.

Despite having had a gaming PC only for a short time, i don't think i can go back to playing with a controller. At least, not shooters.
Good quality KB/M offers such a superb precision and speed... My friend, who was very used to console shooting, complained that people on PC can turn around ridiculously fast.

Do people use T-21 on consoles at all?

I know i feel it offers excellent versatility thanks to its accuracy and firepower, making it excellent weapon at all distances. Though the E-11 is about as good, if different.

Klocker

Shit, my Sec 14 with explosive shot was the only thing to combat the Dl44 it was not nerfed enough imho compared to explosive shot Nerf.

Woorloog

Banned
lol, i just realized a friend does use T-21 on Xbone. And he likes it, so i guess it must work.

I really hope DICE does take platform differences into account, most weapons probably play a bit differently on consoles and PC.

Just got done playing one full map rotation of WA. I have to say I like the update a lot, I rarely see any DL-44s or Bowcasters. Cycler rifle is a lot of fun, nothing beats watching someone with a personal shield charge you and you just one shot them. I think most people are going to start using it, it's pretty much a shotgun now if you aim is good enough close range.

However, fuck A-wings, seriously. They are even worse now that Ion got nerfed, February patch can't come fast enough to fix them.

Oh and last thing, matchmaking on PC got a lot better. I'm instantly getting into games now, which is nice.

MADGAME

I'm noticing in most games I play, almost all Imperials have a helmet on. Bravo, keep that shit up.

I still think star cards should cooldown while in a vehicle. Kind of BS they don't.

lawnchair

Banned
i'm torn on the helmet on/off issue. i've been going "off" w/ black female shaved head for the majority of the time, i like it.

but sometimes i miss the helmet

Palpable

i'm torn on the helmet on/off issue. i've been going "off" w/ black female shaved head for the majority of the time, i like it.

but sometimes i miss the helmet

...why? Are you a black female with a shaven head? If not, I can't imagine why you'd like it so much. I also never understood people who love playing as the opposite gender. Helmetless is treason.

PrankT

Despite having had a gaming PC only for a short time, i don't think i can go back to playing with a controller. At least, not shooters.
Good quality KB/M offers such a superb precision and speed... My friend, who was very used to console shooting, complained that people on PC can turn around ridiculously fast.

Do people use T-21 on consoles at all?

I know i feel it offers excellent versatility thanks to its accuracy and firepower, making it excellent weapon at all distances. Though the E-11 is about as good, if different.
You get used to whatever you have. I was into competitive counter strike for years and bailed on PC gaming when I got married and bought my first large hdtv and 360/ps3. It feels terrible using a controller at first, but it becomes second nature.

With regard to this game, nearly every weapon is awesome. I've gone past 1,000 kills with the DH-17, SE-14C, E-11, RT-97C, and T-21. The EE-3 and A280C are next and just as great. I hope this update pushes people toward using all of the weapons.

Palpable

You get used to whatever you have. I was into competitive counter strike for years and bailed on PC gaming when I got married and bought my first large hdtv and 360/ps3. It feels terrible using a controller at first, but it becomes second nature.

With regard to this game, nearly every weapon is awesome. I've gone past 1,000 kills with the DH-17, SE-14C, E-11, RT-97C, and T-21. The EE-3 and A280C are next and just as great. I hope this update pushes people toward using all of the weapons.

It all depends on the level of fluidity of the controls/animations. I was also a long time CS player on PC (also Battlefield). It just depends on the game for me.

Or the website

Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom