• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, Matchmaking is still fucked and slow. EDIT For Supremacy. Walker Assault works...
Once again, i could open player profiles but the match was never offered...

I said quite, not fully.

And it is nowhere near unbalanced as Jakku or Hoth, where the Empire wins perhaps 1/10th of time.

The whole gamemode is overall unbalanced, with the Rebels seemingly winning more.

I agree that WA is a bit unbalanced but Ive actually seen the Imperials win on Hoth several times, I still have yet to see the Empire win on Endor.

Ozorov

I played a few games now and I have to say that I'm digging the changes so far. Seems less star card-based and more gun-based

JonCha

Disappointed, as others have said, that the Torpedo is getting nerfed as I didn't really feel it was that overpowered to begin with. The range reduction may hurt a lot. I'll have to say.

However, I'm glad the Bowcaster usage frequency has dropped as it seems like the jumpcaster build was gaining prominence.

And Turning Point on more maps in Feb is really good.

mileS

The A-wing hasn't been balanced yet? are you fucking kidding me? Have they even made any comments towards it yet? The community manager seems well... constantly distracted and always making excuses. Very strange to follow him on twitter.

The A-wing hasn't been balanced yet? are you fucking kidding me? Have they even made any comments towards it yet? The community manager seems well... constantly distracted and always making excuses. Very strange to follow him on twitter.

Its coming in the February update

Woorloog

Banned
Are they gonna fix the "grenades vanishing upon death" bug?
Like, you throw a 'nade, die and the grenade never appears but cooldown is triggered.

It is really, really annoying and common.

And not limited to grenades either, i've have had blaster bolts and ion torpedos vanish as well.

February starts in what, 3 days? START THE COUNTDOWN AGAIN

Ow14Y.gif

Like, you throw a 'nade, die and the grenade never appears but cooldown is triggered.

And not limited to grenades either, i've have had blaster bolts and ion torpedos vanish as well.

That's been an issue with DICE games for a while now. So, not likely.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Yes, that is on the table for February. Also for the hero daily challenge you mentioned earlier, it is obtainable much easier in HvsV.

Woorloog

Banned
PC players: you see a player called "Dog no like fish" or some such in your team. Despair. That guy is only interested in padding is KD, by whoring AT-ST (or A-Wing).
The Empire played well on Jakku but they could not break through the rebel lines since the guy was sitting back and shooting occasional enemies.

It was such a satisfying moment to kill him for the first time in the match, no perfect KD for him.

Palpable

Once I get home from this movie set (first time being an extra) I'd like to see how the game plays differently, or rather how people play with the homing shot & bowcaster nerfs.

PrankT

I've only played a few supremacy matches, but everything feels great so far. With the ion torpedo nerf (which was unexpected and makes air vehicles even more superior to infantry) I've equipped ion shot, which is very effective. I've also used the ion grenades, but it's too easy to miss your target with those. Explosive shot is still good, and scan pulse received a much needed downgrade (the cooldown should still take longer since it can still be spammed). Saw a variety of cards being used and expect more snipers in the future, which is fine since they usually don't impact the flow of the game. Smokes are still useful, though aren't as necessary since homing shot won't be used as much. Didn't see any bowcasters.

Woorloog

Banned
I haven't played since the patch. Is it really a huge difference? I really like the Bowcaster.

My friend thinks the weapon is now worthless. He has no idea what to use now.

Me, i'm glad i never bothered to use it. It was a crutch. Better to learn to play the game without gimmicks and crutches.

Palpable

With the bowcaster casted down from its peak, I guess it's back to my trusty impact grenade.

The impact grenade was worthless if it wasn't a direct hit after the first patch. Did they change it again?

Effectively extinct. One tried it on me... didn't hit properly and i didn't take almost any damage.
A better way to use the weapon now is to use it in tight places from ground level, not air to ground. I think.

This is good news.

Laputa_94

I haven't played since the patch. Is it really a huge difference? I really like the Bowcaster.

It can still be viable for sure, but I rather change it up since its not as strong as it used to be.

The impact grenade was worthless if it wasn't a direct hit after the first patch. Did they change it again?

I'm not sure if they changed it at all, I personally just like using it.

I can't wait to get on and play. I've been waiting for this patch playing COD and I just need some simple, straightforward gameplay after that clusterfuck of a game.

Woorloog

Banned
Thermal Detonator is as useful as ever though it isn't spammed so much anymore. Which is good. Also the value of the Card Reset power-up went up.

Unfortunately it is also boring as hell...

I don't find any of the Star Cards to be interesting or particularly fun really.
I'd prefer a blaster version of the Bowcaster (ie functioning like a blaster as well, not like it does now), and perhaps off the Scout Pistol and Cycler Rifle as well. Single-shot weapons are meh, i'm better off using my actual blaster 99% of time.

Now, if the Blaster Cannon was a Star Card rather than a Power Up, that'd be great.

Did I read that turning point was going to be on every large map? If so how do I access it?

Next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom