• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klocker

I take back what I said earlier. I play mostly cargo and the balancing seems really good now, much less bullshit and a little more gunplay

Edit... why no cargo on new map?

Xzan

I haven't played since the patch. Is it really a huge difference? I really like the Bowcaster.

I haven't had a chance to get online and try it out yet but from the information I can gather, it will probably deal around a maximum of 95. Possibly more, but probably less.

Direct bolt damage = 20

Splash damage
1 charge = 10 (1 x 10)
3 charges = 30 (3 x 10)
5 charges = 75 (5 x 15)

So max damage for a 5 charge bowcaster should be 95 if one of the bolts hits the target when used with the jumppack.

It will probably still kill at extremely short ranges if you can get enough of the bolts to hit a target for direct damage in addition to the splash but you risk severe splash damage to yourself (up to 75 damage).

Palpable

I take back what I said earlier. I play mostly cargo and the balancing seems really good now, much less bullshit and a little more gunplay

Edit... why no cargo on new map?

Are you on PS4? Add me on PSN if so. Cargo is one of my most played modes as well.

Xzan

I see many, many people still rolling with it, without bigger issues.

Also, can't imagine how it is too slow to compete with rapid fire, when the slowest weapon in the game, T-21, is perfectly fine even in close combat vs rapid fire weapon.

Unless controls matter a lot of for this? I do play on PC after all, and aiming with a high-precision mouse is very different from a controller.

Its definitely worse at the standard pistol ranges than it used to be (i.e. up to 20m when the damage begins to drop).

CzVuxpZ.jpg

The image above from is from Symthic which still using the old values but the fire rate nerf is is effectively a 39% increase in TTK putting it at around 389ms, right in the middle of the SE-14C and DH-17.

The DPS loss is sort of made up for with increased accuracy because the extra time between shots allows for more recoil reduction to occur, and its still a 1-hit kill with headshots.

Its also still significantly better at short ranges than blaster rifles.

Been happy on how quick and stable my matches have been (with poor internet no less) until today. I hope it clears up tomorrow or I stumble on a solution. Rank 41 on PS4.

leng jai

They still missed a lot of stuff with his patch:

- Spawns are still dire. Still the number 1 source of my rage quits in this game.
- No change to the worst melee system I've ever seen.
- AT-ST still dies in 2 seconds half the time.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Homing shot is now useless. It takes so long to lock on and travels so slow. You're a free kill if you try and use it.

I'd say that's a good thing.

Not only is it saving the ass of people from a cheap shot, but it makes people using Homing Shot have to put some more work into getting that "free-kill." Thus, making actually getting a homing shot right feel all the more sweeter, without the cost of other people's frustration.

I'm kind of glad the Homing Shot is useless. Personally, I like more skilled based weapons. For instance, the Cycler Rifle, it has the potential to one shot, however there is skill involved. If you're trying to shoot a target at long range; you have to take into account bullet drop and also lead the target, furthermore it has to be a head shot to get a one hit kill (unless they are already damaged). If I got killed by the Cycler Rifle at long range while I was moving, I would be like that was a good shot man. However, if it's something like the Pulse Cannon, I wouldn’t think much of it because that weapon is ridiculously easy to use.

Xzan

I used E-11 for most of the time. Was always so satisfying to kill DL-44 users.
T-21 is just satisfying always.

Playing on the PS4, the T21-B was my primary weapon for the longest time after I unlocked it before I moved to the EE-3 for its better versatility and close range power. I've got 1688 kills with it compared to 2255 with the EE-3, the next highest is the E-11 with 434. I just love the precision of the T21-B, with its 3-hit kills at all ranges and minimal recoil/spread.

The T-21 is reasonably similar in some respects but I just can't find the same love for it. The extra recoil and lack of zoom just isn't compensated for by the extra damage and automatic fire. The E-11 outperforms it at medium range, the EE-3 is better at close range, and the long range without a zoom is lacklustre.The T-21/T-21B firing sound is awesome though :)

I want to like it but its just feels so... meh... It may be a different story on PC with its higher aiming precision to take advantage of that power.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They still missed a lot of stuff with his patch:

- Spawns are still dire. Still the number 1 source of my rage quits in this game.
- No change to the worst melee system I've ever seen.
- AT-ST still dies in 2 seconds half the time.
Still no team balancing is the big one.

GeeTeeCee

I won't listen to all this talk of helmetless Stormtroopers. Such blatant disregard of rules and protocol is why the Empire lost. Any trooper wishing to "express" his or herself in this way is free to report directly to Lord Vader and discuss it with him personally. I'm given to understand such discussions are brief and to the point.

/s

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'd say that's a good thing.

Not only is it saving the ass of people from a cheap shot, but it makes people using Homing Shot have to put some more work into getting that "free-kill." Thus, making actually getting a homing shot right feel all the more sweeter, without the cost of other people's frustration.

I'm kind of glad the Homing Shot is useless. Personally, I like more skilled based weapons. For instance, the Cycler Rifle, it has the potential to one shot, however there is skill involved. If you're trying to shoot a target at long range; you have to take into account bullet drop and also lead the target, furthermore it has to be a head shot to get a one hit kill (unless they are already damaged). If I got killed by the Cycler Rifle at long range while I was moving, I would be like that was a good shot man. However, if it's something like the Pulse Cannon, I wouldn’t think much of it because that weapon is ridiculously easy to use.

Agreed with the both of you.

I like the cut of your jib. You'll go far in this Empire.

Refusing to wear your helmet is a gateway drug to Rebelism.

Here here. Never went helmetless, never will.

Traitors!
Unless I am playing as a Rebel, then it's, "Imperial dog's"!

Instead of getting blasted by Homing Shots, I'm now getting blasted constantly by Pulse Cannons. At least on Hoth and Jakku.

Still, a much better experience than pre-patch.

Also the helmetless bullshit just shows how crunched for time DICE was. I wish they would have done other stormtrooper variations rather than just copying the Rebel heads.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

That is everyone's theory, lol. And more than likely what it is, hence why it is coming out after the movie, and will contain location spoilers.

It also may give them a new cannon villian. It seemed very obvious, but then again, we shall see.

Nobody chimed in when I speculated this in the other thread :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193383045&postcount=223

I can get behind this.

lawnchair

Banned
i can't immediately support any content from Rogue 1. What is Rogue 1? Is it a good movie? Does it have memorable characters or locations? I have no idea, I don't know if anybody does.

i dont understand anyone who would hop on the rogue 1 DLC bandwagon before even seeing the movie.

Ozorov

i can't immediately support any content from Rogue 1. What is Rogue 1? Is it a good movie? Does it have memorable characters or locations? I have no idea, I don't know if anybody does.

i dont understand anyone who would hop on the rogue 1 DLC bandwagon before even seeing the movie.
It is in the OT-storyline

Durden77

If you quit a match mid game in the same game that you complete a challenge, do you not get credit for that challenge?

I had to just quit a match because of a work call amd it was the same match I finished the get 75 targeting rifle kills. On the companion app it's not showing I completed it. Gonna be pretty pissed if that's the case.

Palpable

You'd think Darth Vader would be the main villain of Rogue One. I mean, ANH starts off with Vader's Star Destroyer pursuing Leia's transport because he believes her to have the schematics, so it's fair to assume Vader was dealing with Rogue One as well.

Ozorov

You'd think Darth Vader would be the main villain of Rogue One. I mean, ANH starts off with Vader's Star Destroyer pursuing Leia's transport because he believes her to have the schematics, so it's fair to assume Vader was dealing with Rogue One as well.
He will be in the movie. Do you know who will be the actor?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

It is in the OT-storyline

What he said. They want to build up more lore, for books, comics, a more fleshed out timeline of events, etc. It is all a part of the OT, thus new cannon instilled by Disney and the new LucasArts structure.

You as a fan, don't have to accept it, however, this is the new direction they are taking with the IP. Thus all signs point to it.

I am sure they want to build other characters up as well, to make more cannon, lore, toys, books, comics, etc.

There will probably be a bad ass villain that worked on some special ops group from the empire tasked with dealing with the Rebellion's version. Kind of like the Inquisitors from Star Wars Rebels.

GeeTeeCee

I am sure they want to build other characters up as well, to make more cannon, lore, toys, books, comics, etc.

There will probably be a bad ass villain that worked on some special ops group from the empire tasked with dealing with the Rebellion's version. Kind of like the Inquisitors from Star Wars Rebels.

They could bring Starkiller back...

Ozorov

They really need to improve the AT-ST. You can literally be taken out in mere seconds.
Sometimes you can survive for a Pretty long time. Unless its WA. I wish vehicles could have some sort of star cards. Like no-lockons for at-sts under some time or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom