• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to improve the AT-ST. You can literally be taken out in mere seconds.

When I get an AT-ST I just yolo it into the enemy spawn and try to get as many kills as possible. It works pretty well, I generally get +10 kills. There's no sense in sitting back because an A-wing will probably melt you in one run and that's not counting on all the other people shooting at you.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
i can't immediately support any content from Rogue 1. What is Rogue 1? Is it a good movie? Does it have memorable characters or locations? I have no idea, I don't know if anybody does.

i dont understand anyone who would hop on the rogue 1 DLC bandwagon before even seeing the movie.
Because it will be a current movie. Even if the force awakens was crap people would still like to play as the characters and fight in the locations. The original trilogy is already fairly depleted of on screen content before any DLC packs hit. I mean we are talking about having characters that never set foot in any battle and have 2 seconds of screen time as villains for the DLC.

Xzan

So, the Cycler Rifle is still kinda average but satisfying to get a kill with. Does it deal reduced damage to limbs? Sometimes I'd get a hit and they'd only be at 50%, not 10%. I haven't tried a close range body shot yet, that big hip-fire crosshair has me nervous.

Meanwhile, every man and his dog has the pulse cannon out. Oh well, popping a bubble-shielded shadowtrooper with it trying to cap an uplink made it worthwhile at least, as was picking off people who think they're safe in their squad shields.

Weaning myself Explosive Shot is slow going. Rolling with Focus Fire and the A280C or DLT-19 can be good, and Cooling Cell wasn't completely horrible with the EE-3 the times I tried it.

So, the Cycler Rifle is still kinda average but satisfying to get a kill with. Does it deal reduced damage to limbs? Sometimes I'd get a hit and they'd only be at 50%, not 10%. I haven't tried a close range body shot yet, that big hip-fire crosshair has me nervous.

Meanwhile, every man and his dog has the pulse cannon out. Oh well, popping a bubble-shielded shadowtrooper with it trying to cap an uplink made it worthwhile at least, as was picking off people who think they're safe in their squad shields.

Weaning myself Explosive Shot is slow going. Rolling with Focus Fire and the A280C or DLT-19 can be good, and Cooling Cell wasn't completely horrible with the EE-3 the times I tried it.

There's something very BC2 sniper-esque about the Cycler rifle post patch.

Especially in the way that at medium distances the reticule should be just above the enemy's head.

I've been practicing today on WA, and I am getting used to it a lot, just got this sweet ass snipe in my last game.

I'm so sick of people playing Supremacy like TDM. We were literally 30 seconds away from victory when the Rebels rush us and push us back two bases and my team, unable to tear themselves away from the trenches and actually go fucking inside costs us the round.

Durden77

So for the "Kill someone with every star card" figure, does it have to be EVERY star card? Like how am I supposed to kill someone with a flash grenade?

lawnchair

Banned
It is in the OT-storyline

What he said. They want to build up more lore, for books, comics, a more fleshed out timeline of events, etc. It is all a part of the OT, thus new cannon instilled by Disney and the new LucasArts structure.

You as a fan, don't have to accept it, however, this is the new direction they are taking with the IP. Thus all signs point to it.

I am sure they want to build other characters up as well, to make more cannon, lore, toys, books, comics, etc.

There will probably be a bad ass villain that worked on some special ops group from the empire tasked with dealing with the Rebellion's version. Kind of like the Inquisitors from Star Wars Rebels.

i understand what yall are saying, that it makes sense as a business move, what i'm saying is i'm not automatically in favor of content from a movie that is a completely unknown quantity, is all.

5taquitos

Finally got some time in with the new patch, and things really do feel better. Spam is down, homing shot is nonexistent, and I'm getting killed by a good variety of blasters. Plus it feels great being able to finally aim the Cycler.

I'm impressed, now just fix the A-wing.

5taquitos

Wait what? It's still not fixed?

I was going to fire this up soon to grab it but damn. Guess I'll keep waiting for increased level cap and that to be fixed.

If you feel like staying up late, it's easier to grab if you try playing specific maps at like 2 in the morning. You can usually find games with like 5 other people, then you just have to bring your A-game.

MADGAME

I feel for you people who don't have that achievement yet. It's sad they haven't fixed it still. :(

I'm sour about it. I got the top spot a couple times, but only by score limit and not running out the clock. I was hoping the patch would retroactively fix it.

Anyone know if trophies work in private matches?

CA-87 seems decent now, maybe because there's no more DL-44s. Ran around with it for a few games, one game I went 52-18 and I used nothing but the CA-87 and Cycler Rifle. The majority of my deaths were to the SE-14C, probably more people going to be using that one. The only thing better than the SE-14C was the DL-44, now that it's nerfed; I see people moving onto the SE-14C, it doesn't even need explosive shot to be good. The gun melts at close and medium range, you can even use it at long if you use explosive shot.

A lot of crow to be served over in Gaming since Battlefront already met it's expectation of 13 million sold by March. Especially a certain antlered user.

Wow I've been sleeping on the DH-17.. That gun is great.

I played WA for the first time since Nov and it's still an unbalanced mess. I hope they fix that soon..

Wow I've been sleeping on the DH-17.. That gun is great.

I played WA for the first time since Nov and it's still an unbalanced mess. I hope they fix that soon..

Yeah the DH-17 is pretty good! I think most people forget about it since it's kind of a starting weapon.

SE-14C:

Close range: Great
Medium range: Good
Long range: Bad

DH-17:

Close range: Good
Medium range: Great
Long range: Bad

DL-44:

This is kind of hard to rank because it really comes down to the player. If you're a good shot you'll still dominate most of the time.

That's just how I see blaster pistol balance atm, all are viable, it's one reason why I really like BF. All the weapons are viable, and you just find the one that suits the situation and your playstyle the best.

I think the only weapons that I haven't put much time into are the ee-3, the dh7 and the dlt 19. Been using the dh7 a bit and it is actually really good.

I've heard the dlt isn't really that good though, is it still viable at all?

Xzan

If you take Focus Fire, the DLT-19 is pretty good at the 20m - 40m range, and Explosive Shot is probably still strong with it. But otherwise its kind of....ugh...

RT-97C was generally the better choice but they nerfed it instead of buffing the DLT-19.

Xzan

There's something very BC2 sniper-esque about the Cycler rifle post patch.

Especially in the way that at medium distances the reticule should be just above the enemy's head.

I've been practicing today on WA, and I am getting used to it a lot, just got this sweet ass snipe in my last game.

I can't seem to get the clip to load in Chrome or Safari. :(

Despite being a pretty good sniper in Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, I haven't sniped much in recent DICE games. One thing I noticed is that if I'm strafing as I fire the Cycler Rifle, the projectile seems to take on that horizontal momentum. Would that be correct?

If it has Tribes-esque projectile physics then that's both cool AND explains why I didn't get a handle on sniping in BF3 and BF4.

The bullet drop seems inconsistent though. It could be a graphical glitch, or the projectile physics, but sometimes it seems like when I snipe someone fairly close ~40m away it drops as fast or faster than when I fire at someone 80m+ away. Weird.

slash3584

Is the Partner stuff glitched?

Everytime I played with a friend we partner up and suddenly on the middle of a match he stops being my partner and just a friend (green) and the game assigns me another partner. But for him I still appear as his partner.

Still don't know what to think about the new Tatooine map. It's nice to have an extra map, but it's just to big I think. Even with the jetpack equipped it feels like you're running for ages to get to the objectives.

leng jai

It's fucking hilarious how useless AT-STs are in the last Empire defense phase of Sullest. People don't even bother getting in them now.

It's fucking hilarious how useless AT-STs are in the last Empire defense phase of Sullest. People don't even bother getting in them now.

Really?

They should be used just behind the AT ATs in providing a defence against the snow speeders.

And taking pot shots at the right M com.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Tried region locking to the US West Coast today and funnily enough, team members consistently stayed sucking in 6 different but consecutive sessions of WA and Supremacy in a row for some reason.

Xzan

I consider myself ground support for our TIEs when I'm in an AT-ST. If my homing rocket isn't chasing an X-wing or A-wing on every cooldown, I feel like I'm not doing my job. Not many kills that way, though you get a few points for vehicle damage at least.

I haven't had a chance to see if theres a noticeable survivability increase from the ion torpedo nerf. I lasted longer last night but it could've been coincidence.

leng jai

I consider myself ground support for our TIEs when I'm in an AT-ST. If my homing rocket isn't chasing an X-wing or A-wing on every cooldown, I feel like I'm not doing my job. Not many kills that way, though you get a few points for vehicle damage at least.

I haven't had a chance to see if theres a noticeable survivability increase from the ion torpedo nerf. I lasted longer last night but it could've been coincidence.

Not really, 90% of the time you die from an A-Wing or Smart Rocket.

Xzan

True, though at least you can try and play chicken with the A-wing if you can see them coming. They may have a shield but the AT-ST hits harder.

If you guys were going to play competitive matches in the range of playercounts of 5v5 to 8v8 which modes would you like to play of the following?

Drop Zone
Droid Run
Cargo
Blast

We also plan to do a separate Heroes vs. Villains ladder, but we haven't decided on the main mode for our standard ladder yet.

MADGAME

Is the Partner stuff glitched?

Everytime I played with a friend we partner up and suddenly on the middle of a match he stops being my partner and just a friend (green) and the game assigns me another partner. But for him I still appear as his partner.
This is a common occurance for me. It's annoying. Last night I saw a new variant of the issue, I had two partners. I couldn't spawn on both, but had two yellows in the game - my actual friend/partner and a rando.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A lot of crow to be served over in Gaming since Battlefront already met it's expectation of 13 million sold by March. Especially a certain antlered user.

It is rather juvenile, and pretty much trolling at this point by a handful of posters here.

Getting pretty redundant.

If you guys were going to play competitive matches in the range of playercounts of 5v5 to 8v8 which modes would you like to play of the following?

Drop Zone
Droid Run
Cargo
Blast

We also plan to do a separate Heroes vs. Villains ladder, but we haven't decided on the main mode for our standard ladder yet.

Drop Zone and Cargo.

Zombine

Banned
Is anyone else having really weird issues in regards to matchmaking on PC? For the past week or so I have been unable to find any matches at all, and my connection is fine. At most I ever find matches that are 10% full. Other multiplayer games perform fine.

Anyone looking to jump in on pc I have a couple origin keys for cheap. PM me.

Overall, I still love the game. Dont play as often as I did on say BF4, but I like that I can pop on and play. A couple rounds and not worry to much about unlocks and stuff

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
i understand what yall are saying, that it makes sense as a business move, what i'm saying is i'm not automatically in favor of content from a movie that is a completely unknown quantity, is all.

People were ready for TFA content, and called it a "missed opportunity", even before the movie hit.

But I can see both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom