• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Looked into the html-code and Y-wing is listed as "Rebelsvehicle-3" and the empty line is listed as "droids-0" so could it be kills with probe-droid etc?

fyi: x-wing is rebelsvehicle-2, t-47 is rebelsvehicle-1 and a-wings 0

I've been playing Walker Assault recently because win or lose it generally nets more points than Supremacy. I'm in the final stretch from 45 to 50 now and want to get there fast. Throw my W/L Ratio out of the window.

Ozorov

I've been playing Walker Assault recently because win or lose it generally nets more points than Supremacy. I'm in the final stretch from 45 to 50 now and want to get there fast. Throw my W/L Ratio out of the window.

Gotta get there before they raise the bar!

Yeah, kinda good though, it wold be overkill, lol.

On a side note, was just playing this over the Internet on my Vita whIle I am at my office. Turning Point. It controls and is button mapped really well. Surprised I did not do too bad. Ran so smooth.

Killing Rebel Scum on a Vita felt even more gratifying due to the slight handicap compared to a controller and larger screen.

Cool, going to try that.
I always forget about remote play.
Are L1 and R1 mapped to the back touchscreen?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looked into the html-code and Y-wing is listed as "Rebelsvehicle-3" and the empty line is listed as "droids-0" so could it be kills with probe-droid etc?

fyi: x-wing is rebelsvehicle-2, t-47 is rebelsvehicle-1 and a-wings 0

That makes sense. Means we may see the Tie Bomber for the Imperials.

Cool, going to try that.
I always forget about remote play.
Are L1 and R1 mapped to the back touchscreen?

Yes, works well. Also down on the d-pad while pushing up on the left analog activates run, bottom left front touch is 1st/3rd, bottom right is melee, and middle is the stats/standings toggle.

Xzan

The patch revealed my secret shame: So many kills using the A-Wings :(

EnqkgaM.jpg

Almost all from Walker Assault and some from Supremacy.

The Scout Pistol is really good. It was my second choice after the Cycler Rifle to replace the Bowcaster in my standard loadout. 70 damage per bolt per burst and slightly faster bolt speed than the standard guns is handy and no one expects it.

5taquitos

The Scout Pistol is really good. It was my second choice after the Cycler Rifle to replace the Bowcaster in my standard loadout. 70 damage per burst and slightly faster bolt speed than the standard guns is handy and no one expects it.

Plus it has a quick cooldown, meaning it's almost always ready for the next encounter.

I don't understand people who don't try to push forward in Supremacy!

Maybe I need to take a break from competitive multiplayer and challenging games for a week or two. Between COD and SWBF I haven't played anything that wasn't PvP in nearly two months now except for Shovel Knight. I can hear my settlers complaining about the bed situation in Fallout 4, maybe I should go help them.

pots555

Finally made it to level 50. What a ride. I loved it. I do think I need a break from it to finish some other games but I will definitely come back. Still not sure about the season pass. Do you guys think they will raise the level cap?

PrankT

Finally made it to level 50. What a ride. I loved it. I do think I need a break from it to finish some other games but I will definitely come back. Still not sure about the season pass. Do you guys think they will raise the level cap?
I definitely think they will raise the cap.

The level cap has been confirmed to be raised in the future.

CD'S BAR

I'm frequently ranked 1st or 2nd on my team in deathmatch but we still lose because I seem to just as frequently get stuck with garbage teams. So annoying. Solo deathmatch please. My W/L ratio is plummeting.

Xzan

Smaller modes are always more susceptible to party stomps, or it could be matchmaking working as intended to bring to a 50% win ratio.

Or so I've found as a predominately lone wolf player...

Xzan

Speaking of explosive shot, I queried the EE-3 change on Symthic and the response I got seems to confirm what I thought: The EE-3 damage range goes from its base blaster damage of 21 - 12 unbuffed to 24 - 14 when buffed with explosive damage.

Its a bit of a nerf for the EE-3, effectively only adding +3 damage per shot up to 10m and +2 damage per shot after 60m, with the full +4 damage applying to differing degrees at ranges in between. Kind of harsh compared to the full +10 damage per shot for rapid fire weapons. I don't know why they didn't make it a percentage of bolt damage to take fire rate out of the equation and avoid most of the problem in the first place. I suppose the line of thinking is that because its burst fire, and very accurate, its effectively a +6, +9 or +12 damage boost per burst depending on the range.

Now to decide whether my new primary buff card with the EE-3 will be Cooling Cell or Focus Fire...

Does anyone here use the Scout Pistol?
It isn't really useful but man it is kind of cool and fun. Surprise!
It does have some use with the Ion Shot as the Ion Shot reduces damage vs people, so i can kill someone while waiting for the Ion Shot to wear off.
It should probably get a bit more range, less damage drop-off.

Currently using T21-B with Scout Pistol. If the enemy is close range, the T21-B can be at a disadvantage, and on occasion the scout pistol can salvage the situation.

Interfectum

I think I pissed off an entire team last night in Walker Assault. I basically piloted a single A-wing the entire match, kept the skies clear and slaughtered stormtroopers on the ground. I believe my final score was like 30-1.

By the last leg of the walker assault I think everyone had ion cannon equipped lol.

Ozorov

I think I pissed off an entire team last night in Walker Assault. I basically piloted a single A-wing the entire match, kept the skies clear and slaughtered stormtroopers on the ground. I believe my final score was like 30-1.

By the last leg of the walker assault I think everyone had ion cannon equipped lol.
Rebel scum

lawnchair

Banned
Care to elaborate?

I think the vehicles are fine with some exceptions:

-speeder bike is there just to be there, pretty much useless
-A-wings

sure.

when i pick up an AT-ST or a TIE or an A-WING or whatever it's just like "oh, this will be fun for a little while before i get blown up". they're a fun part of the game, but they never feel crucial. they don't feel as important or as cool as they do in battlefield. it's just the design of the game. they're just bonus-kill type things, they don't feel like an overall part of strategy ever because of their pick-up nature.

sure.

when i pick up an AT-ST or a TIE or an A-WING or whatever it's just like "oh, this will be fun for a little while before i get blown up". they're a fun part of the game, but they never feel crucial. they don't feel as important or as cool as they do in battlefield. it's just the design of the game. they're just bonus-kill type things, they don't feel like an overall part of strategy ever because of their pick-up nature.

Yeah I agree that the pick up system makes them a bit goofy but air support can be pretty critical in WA. A Rebel team that controls the skies has a much easier time taking down walkers or can even salvage an entire match with the speeders. Ive had at least 3 matches where there was no way we were going to take down the walkers with damage and were able to drop them with the speeders at the last point.

Interfectum

sure.

Air domination can shift WA matches. But I will agree in most circumstances the AT-ST is useless. It becomes a giant target for rebels to shoot at.

lawnchair

Banned
Ive had at least 3 matches where there was no way we were going to take down the walkers with damage and were able to drop them with the speeders at the last point.

exactly. to me thats actually a strike against the game. taking those speeders down is really hard. i don't play a lot of WA but every time i'm imperial, even if we keep the Y-wings to a minimum, i'm just waiting for my team to get jacked by airspeeders. i don't think that's good. i go in thinking "we're going to lose because the rebels have an unfair advantage at the end".

there is no "i'll be flying an anti-air vehicle in the 3rd zone" because there is no guarantee of even having that chance. most of the time it's in the hands of somebody else, again, because of the pick-up nature of the vehicles.

Ozorov

exactly. to me thats actually a strike against the game. taking those speeders down is really hard. i don't play a lot of WA but every time i'm imperial, even if we keep the Y-wings to a minimum, i'm just waiting for my team to get jacked by airspeeders. i don't think that's good. i go in thinking "we're going to lose because the rebels have an unfair advantage at the end".

there is no "i'll be flying an anti-air vehicle in the 3rd zone" because there is no guarantee of even having that chance. most of the time it's in the hands of somebody else, again, because of the pick-up nature of the vehicles.
The should either do the speeders-mini-game harder or make it so two people are in the speeders, one is driving and the other one aiming the harpoon.

They arent that hard to mess up though. Use whatever regular gun you have and shoot them as they're wrapping up the walker, each hit you land screws up their little mini game. It seems that most people dont know this. Ive swatted speeders away with an E-11 only really hitting them a few times. If you get a small group of people shooting at the speeders it should be almost impossible for them to wrap up the walker. Dont get discouraged, the beginning of the mini game is more forgiving of hits so its easier to compensate, but once they get down to the last stage of the mini game any hits should seriously hinder them.

Also dont bother trying to hit them with the Ion Torpedo, it will never land.

Ozorov

They arent that hard to mess up though. Use whatever regular gun you have and shoot them as they're wrapping up the walker, each hit you land screws up their little mini game. It seems that most people dont know this. Ive swatted speeders away with an E-11 only really hitting them a few times. If you get a small group of people shooting at the speeders it should be almost impossible for them to wrap up the walker.

Also dont bother trying to hit them with the Ion Torpedo, it will never land.

I've successfully land many Ion torpedos on speeders in the last phase

looks like psn is up again

I love it when people wear black stormtrooper armor on Hoth, makes it so much easier to spot em when I'm doing strafing runs in my A-Wing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom