• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I got some message about the game giving me 500 or 5000 something but skipped it? were those credits for a log in bonus?

edit: oh above me...

Zombine

Banned
There was a port forwarding guide for BF posted on the Battlefront reddit.

Helped people out.

I know my friend got rid of his lag with the game.

I'm at work atm, so I can't link it, but if you can't find it, I'll PM you a link in the next few hours.

Probably going to need that link:(

Woorloog

Banned
By the way, did they make Endor in Supremacy less dark? My friend claims it is more easy to see in it now, and frankly i feel the same.

Xzan

I'm starting to REALLY like the DLT-19 with Focus Fire. It's still very average unbuffed, but it just melts people in that 30m-50m range. It's still fairly weak at close range and no zoom means it struggles at long range, even with Focus Fire, but its just fun. I was doing so well with it on a couple of maps that other people started busting it out.

I tried FF with the RT-97C because I figured the higher damage and ability to zoom would be a pure upgrade but it just overheats so fast that its not worth it.

I'll try FF with the T-21 next. It has a similar damage profile over mid-long range whilst providing close range power, and its immense vertical recoil can benefit from FF. It mightn't be as good as I think though, because the DLT-19 is essentially a blaster bolt hose so even when you miss you have that tracer fire to adjust your aim at mid range.

Cycler Rifle is also starting to grow on me. I love sniping dudes all smug in their bubble shields and 1-shotting at point blank is satisfying.

Swings and roundabouts with this patch. I lost the fun of the bowcaster, and explosive shot was nerfed for burst fire weapons, but I've found a new gun and charged star card combo to enjoy and I'm using the Scout trait on non-Endor maps again for the first time in weeks.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm starting to REALLY like the DLT-19 with Focus Fire. It's still very average unbuffed, but it just melts people in that 30m-50m range. It's still fairly weak at close range and no zoom means it struggles at long range, even with Focus Fire, but its just fun. I was doing so well with it on a couple of maps that other people started busting it out.

I tried it with the RT-97C because I figured the higher damage and ability to zoom would be a pure upgrade but it just overheats so fast that its not worth it.

I'll try it with the T-21 next. It has a similar damage profile over mid-long range whilst providing close range power, and its immense vertical recoil can benefit from FF. It mightn't be as good as I think though, because the DLT-19 is essentially a blaster bolt hose so even when you miss you have that tracer fire to adjust your aim at mid range.

Cycler Rifle is also starting to grow on me. I love sniping dudes all smug in their bubble shields and 1-shotting at point blank is satisfying.

Swings and roundabouts with this patch. I lost the fun of the bowcaster, and explosive shot was nerfed for burst fire weapons, but I've found a new gun and charged star card combo to enjoy and I'm using the Scout trait on non-Endor maps again for the first time in weeks.

Nice! Thanks for the impressions. Going to you around with a few different set ups as well.

Zombine

Banned
Sure, I'm sorry I was late.

This was the thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa..._pc_players_port_forwarding_for_this_game_is/

I hope this helps you.

Thank you for your help everyone! The only weird thing is that two of the ports they say to open show up as invalid after I enter them into my router. I've forwarded before (DS, Xbox, ps4), but this is the first time that I've had it straight up say a port was wrong. When that happens it resets the value to 0.

Edit: and now I jumped right into a match even without those ports. Totally clueless. Could be a router thing.

Xzan

Ironically, I was using Focus Fire with the A280C the other night and having good success, so I tried it with the E-11 but didn't like it as much. When I switched back, I accidentally selected the DLT-19 and thought, "oh ffs...". But I gave it a go and it did pretty well, shredding rebels when they tried to take back the uplink I was holding on Hoth phase 3. I ran with the DLT-19 again last night to see if it was a one-off and it really does excel at that mid-long range when buffed with FF.

I'm now torn between DTL-19 and A280C with FF. The A280C gets less benefit but it turns into a rapid fire headshot machine when you add Focus Fire because it just doesn't miss when you have zero recoil, and its better at close range.

45, five more levels to go, unlocked Zabrak at 45 so pretty happy about that. Only aliens I actually like are Zabrak and Twi’lek. I’m still really disappointed about the Imperial customization options. I mean you give Rebels seven different aliens and Imperial gets two (one just being a black Stormtrooper lol). Hopefully the they add more for free or with the DLC.

Palpable

45, five more levels to go, unlocked Zabrak at 45 so pretty happy about that. Only aliens I actually like are Zabrak and Twi’lek. I’m still really disappointed about the Imperial customization options. I mean you give Rebels seven different aliens and Imperial gets two (one just being a black Stormtrooper lol). Hopefully the they add more for free or with the DLC.

Imperials should only have minor customization. Them matching is what the point is. Helmetless is stupid.

I'm not talking about anything to crazy. For example, these guys should have been the Emperor's bodyguards, not just some Stormtroopers with some red lines.

latest

I'm not talking about anything to crazy. For example, these guys should have been the Emperor's bodyguards, not just some Stormtroopers with some red lines.

Although I would've loved having Imperial Guards in the game, canonically they we're only equipped with a melee weapon, so that would be a problem.

5taquitos

Although I would've loved having Imperial Guards in the game, canonically they we're only equipped with a melee weapon, so that would be a problem.

And canonically Stormtroopers didn't carry Tusken Raider rifles, A-Wings weren't flown on Hoth, and I sure don't remember Thermal Imploders from the movies. The Imperial Guards would have fit way better than the kinda-Clone Troopers we got.

JimiNutz

Banned
Not sure. Ive been playing a lot of the smaller modes lately and I usually do pretty damn well to amazing. I jumped into a few rounds of Walker Assault last night and got my ass whooped.

Could be the more skilled players are sticking to the larger modes.

This happens to me too.
I mainly play the smaller modes and generally do really well. I used to be able to jump into Walker Assault and do reasonably well there too but recently everytime I play Walker Assault I'm getting destroyed. Literally spawn, die, spawn, die.

Cant work out if it's just because I'm not used to it anymore or if all the good players stick to those modes.

And canonically Stormtroopers didn't carry Tusken Raider rifles, A-Wings weren't flown on Hoth, and I sure don't remember Thermal Imploders from the movies. The Imperial Guards would have fit way better than the kinda-Clone Troopers we got.

I guess I'm guilty of being a bit selective when it comes to that. Some things bother me more than others. A blaster rifle wielding Imperial guard would bother me just as much as the helmetless stormtroopers do for example.
What would be cool though, is replacing the emperors horrible corkscrew jump and give him an AI Imperial Guard for a short amount of time.

I will take a team of 1000 op DL44s over one or two guys on a team running focus fire CA87s. The DL44 was the only defense against the CA87 and they ruined it.

Woorloog

Banned
The shotgun's rare as hell, as is the focus fire. The DL-44 itself broke the game far, far more.
The shotgun is an extreme high-risk, high-reward weapon, and it loses in most cases if the user misses one shot. It is fine as it is, with or without focus fire.
All in all, pretty shit weapon, and the focus fire doesn't truly help it (not to mention you lose the utility most other charge cards offer). I say this as someone who has used the combo.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hopped on after a month of not playing... Got my ass handed to me, lol. A little rusty, but also getting used to the changes. Overall I am enjoying it far more, even with the whoopin. Less boom booms and more shooty pew pew.

Focus fire is highly underrated and very overlooked, no matter which gun it is used on.

Interfectum

This happens to me too.
I mainly play the smaller modes and generally do really well. I used to be able to jump into Walker Assault and do reasonably well there too but recently everytime I play Walker Assault I'm getting destroyed. Literally spawn, die, spawn, die.

Cant work out if it's just because I'm not used to it anymore or if all the good players stick to those modes.

WA is all about map design IMO. People who run out in the open towards objectives will get sniped instantly. Gotta know the routes and cover points.

My team mate last night made me drop the controller in laughter, his reaction to me here implies he's really seen some shit against villains or heroes.

u5IKwCk.gif

Xzan

Playing on the PS4, the T21-B was my primary weapon for the longest time after I unlocked it before I moved to the EE-3 for its better versatility and close range power. I've got 1688 kills with it compared to 2255 with the EE-3, the next highest is the E-11 with 434. I just love the precision of the T21-B, with its 3-hit kills at all ranges and minimal recoil/spread.

The T-21 is reasonably similar in some respects but I just can't find the same love for it. The extra recoil and lack of zoom just isn't compensated for by the extra damage and automatic fire. The E-11 outperforms it at medium range, the EE-3 is better at close range, and the long range without a zoom is lacklustre.The T-21/T-21B firing sound is awesome though :)

I want to like it but its just feels so... meh... It may be a different story on PC with its higher aiming precision to take advantage of that power.

I'm sorry T-21, I misjudged you. You're actually pretty good :x

Not sure which charged star card I like best with it though: Focus Fire or Cooling Cell. I like Focus Fire for the precision, but ignoring overheat by using Cooling Cell to give no fucks and spam heavy hitting blaster bolts? So good! Cooling Cell is what I'm leaning towards since tap firing with the T-21 is already pretty accurate. I still think the EE-3 fulfils a similar role whilst being more versatile though.

Cooling Cell for guns like the EE-3 and T-21 surprisingly useful. It works really well with both weapons if you need to drop a bunch of people quickly without worrying about overheating.

Woorloog

Banned
I find Cooling Cell to be worthless really.
If you shoot well enough, your weapon won't really overheat unless you're in an extended combat... but such things are rare in my experience.
T-21 is too slow for spamming battles, you must be a good shot (or your enemies must be bad) to win really.

Focus fire? Shot pacing takes care of most recoil for most weapons. Useful for faster weapons for sure but not sure it is really worth it, as with faster weapons you will want to play up close and personal anyway (IMO).

Explosive Shot, Ion shot, Personal Shield and Scan Pulse offer far more utility than the other two charges in general.
Explosive Shot is good vs heroes, and frankly annoyingly good with some weapons (A280C).
Ion Shot is good in bigger modes, as it kills droids and turrets, can be used to shoot down aircraft, and it can even finish off AT-STs in a pinch. A team-players choice, i think.
While i don't care one bit for Personal Shield due to its drawbacks (inability to shoot), i will admit it has great value in right situations, such as activating or shutting down Y-Wing uplinks.
Scan Pulse is useful as it reveals people to everyone (right?), though i find it mostly pointless for soloing as some situational awareness and careful approach can be used to avoid ambushes or to find people.

I wish there was a charge card that doubles the speed of blaster bolts. But perhaps such thing might be too good.

Hey guys! I got a question. For those that love to instantly rush towards the enemy as a Hero/Villian in Heroes vs Villians, my question is.

Fucking why? Stop goddammit.

JimiNutz

Banned
WA is all about map design IMO. People who run out in the open towards objectives will get sniped instantly. Gotta know the routes and cover points.

Yeah I noticed that a lot today.
Played about 10 games in a row and once I got a better understanding of the map flow did a lot better. Still a lot of random bullshit in that mode though - like turrets and aircraft spawn killing you.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Whats the go to weapon for mid distance still the e 11 n ee 3?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Whats the go to weapon for mid distance still the e 11 n ee 3?

Honestly, the one you are most comfortable with. I was using the E11, but I think I am going back to the A280C/DH17 combo I enjoyed in beta and when the game first came out. I notice it is all about comfort level with the load outs in this game. Hence why I see a ton more variety than most shooters.

Am I the only one who is still doing best in the bigger modes with the A280c?

I feel it is the most versatile of the bunch. It seems to work well in any situation. I am going back to it for sure. I need that wee bit extra bolt speed that I personally still can't seem to get used to with the E11.

The shotgun's rare as hell, as is the focus fire. The DL-44 itself broke the game far, far more.
The shotgun is an extreme high-risk, high-reward weapon, and it loses in most cases if the user misses one shot. It is fine as it is, with or without focus fire.
All in all, pretty shit weapon, and the focus fire doesn't truly help it (not to mention you lose the utility most other charge cards offer). I say this as someone who has used the combo.

It's rare for now. I have a feeling you'll be seeing it much more. Focus fire combo helps it immensely, you can one shot from a ridiculous distance.

Woorloog

Banned
It's rare for now. I have a feeling you'll be seeing it much more. Focus fire combo helps it immensely, you can one shot from a ridiculous distance.

Only with a headshot. A distant body shot doesn't kill with one shot, focus fire or not. So, no, i don't think it will get any more common, or that it will be dangerous really.

The game became a fucking snipe fest on PC. Add the huge skill gap and you have a couple players deciding the match while the rest does nothing.
With a 1.3 KD ratio I'm not even a terrible player but that shit is just not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom