• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Battlefront after a few days with the Division beta. It feels damn good to be back.

Also, I really, really, like how this game looks.

aMGb.jpg

Almost to level 47. Been playing a lot more Drop Zone again. I love it when it's not Ice Caves or Swamp Crash Site. Rebel Depot isn't great either, but not as bad.

I hate enclosed, cluttered maps like them for a mode like Drop Zone.

Ozorov

Almost to level 47. Been playing a lot more Drop Zone again. I love it when it's not Ice Caves or Swamp Crash Site. Rebel Depot isn't great either, but not as bad.

I hate enclosed, cluttered maps like them for a mode like Drop Zone.

Drop zone is great for getting much xp

Drop zone is great for getting much xp
Yeah, you can still get a huge combat score but you also get a massive objective score. My objective score in Supremacy is usually around 500. I push around 1500 in Drop Zone. The bonuses are also bigger.

It's going to be the main competitive mode for the BFC when we hold our first PS4 tournament later this month.

Dejva-vu?

Wonder what new mode we'll get in the first DLC. Any guesses?
I want traditional Conquest or Conquest Domination (preferably both).

For anyone who hasn't played Battlefield 3 or 4 or didn't play the mode, Conquest Domination differs from COD's version of Domination in that each team has a protected home base, each if the 3 flags need to be neutralized before being captured, and it drains tickets rather than adding points. Basically it's a mini Conquest designed for 8v8 or 10v10.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I bought this game while I was living in south america and now that i've moved back to the states but uh the game seems to still be treating me as if i'm in south america because i'm getting weird ping spikes and people are speaking spanish / portugese in game.

My EA origin account is a US account so I'm not entirely sure what's going on here if the PC versions is literally just this dead or if I'm getting forced into the my previous region.

So I bought this game while I was living in south america and now that i've moved back to the states but uh the game seems to still be treating me as if i'm in south america because i'm getting weird ping spikes and people are speaking spanish / portugese in game.

My EA origin account is a US account so I'm not entirely sure what's going on here if the PC versions is literally just this dead or if I'm getting forced into the my previous region.
Settings > EA Account > Matchmaking Region.

Ozorov

New community challenge

DICE said:
Do you enjoy a challenge? How about a challenge that you, a friend, and the entire community can work together to complete? With the release of our January Update, our team has introduced Daily Challenges and that is what our community mission is all about.

Your mission is to complete 3,000,000 Daily Challenges as a community before February 8th 9PM PT. Complete the challenge, and you'll be rewarded...

The Daily Challenge community mission will be active between February 2nd, 9AM PT. and February 8th 9PM PT. Be sure to follow EA Star Wars on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on your progress. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/daily-challenge-community-mission

Palpable

I do, almost exclusively. Tried 3rd person a couple of times, but I'm just not good at it. And I like the immersion playing in 1st person.

I have yet to play a full match in 3rd person only.

You guys are at a disatvantage simply because your FOV is smaller than mine. Turning corners, for example, is something I'd be able to see you doing while my player is safely hidden.

3rd person bros for life.

fistbump.gif

GeeTeeCee

Are daily challenges universal, or randomly selected?

I'm slowly trying to find a new gun that I can adapt to now that the RT-97c is worthless. The default Rebel gun feels ok at the moment. I still can't get used to the EE-3.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not sure about these "challenges." I mean, what happens if the community doesn't meet the challenge? They don't release the skin they worked on?

Yeah, that is my question too, about the last update. Were the skins the reward? And if So, wouldn't they have added them anyhow, since it was more of a planet correction.

Xzan

The Cycler Rifle may be here to stay in my standard load out. Not only is it good for punching through shields but the sense of evil glee I feel picking off someone who thinks they're invulnerable is so enjoyable.

A guy pops his personal shield, then hides inside a squad shield only to be picked off with my Cycler Rifle? Priceless.

Kind of getting annoyed at all the Pulse Cannon though. I've barely used it myself but from what I've observed there's no hip-fire penalty, unlike the Cycler Rifle, yet it can 1-hit kill all ranges? I get that the counter argument is that most people abusing it aren't pushing the objective but my problem is that it severely outperforms the Cycler Rifle while having a far lower skill requirement.

I think it needs a slight nerf, something along the line of: add a hip-fire penalty or force it to fire when it reaches 100% charge or make it a 90 damage body shot or add a damage drop off over distance.

The Cycler Rifle still needs some love as well. A higher projectile velocity for a start and given the difficulty of hitting a moving target with it, only 50 damage for hitting a limb is kind of harsh when no other weapon seems to have the same damage model.

You guys are at a disatvantage simply because your FOV is smaller than mine. Turning corners, for example, is something I'd be able to see you doing while my player is safely hidden.

I really see the advantages of playing 3rd, but basically I just suck at it. Have the same problem with other 3rd person games, like Uncharted MP.
Loved playing that, but was really mediocre. I'm just better at 1st person games I think.
But I'll set myself a challenge and play 3rd person only today and see how I will fare

YZRY4VHQbkeoE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom